CNN's Primetime Ratings Sink to 20-Year Low [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CNN's Primetime Ratings Sink to 20-Year Low

snerd
05-22-2012, 14:21
Maybe if they would just report the news factually, and stop the lean to the far left?
Looking at the whole week, it marked the lowest seven-day haul for the network since March 1997.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cnn-primetime-ratings-20-year-low-piers-morgan-327771

aircarver
05-22-2012, 15:06
.... an I help'd ......:supergrin:

PaulMason
05-22-2012, 15:23
It will get worse - young people don't watch late night news shows & as people age they become conservative, so they watch FOX.

walt cowan
05-23-2012, 08:40
It will get worse - young people don't watch late night news shows & as people age they become conservative, so they watch FOX.

fox is as bad as cnn.

jeanderson
05-23-2012, 11:02
You know, I never could figure this out... Sure, 88% of journalists are registered Democrats. But at some point, doesn't somebody in the front office come down to the newsroom and tell someone that maybe reporting in a fair and balanced manner will get us some more viewers?

News organizations are just another private company with a bottom line. Why aren't those whose job it is to make a profit slapping around these so called journalists? Does ideology trump profits?

aircarver
05-23-2012, 11:36
You know, I never could figure this out... Sure, 88% of journalists are registered Democrats. But at some point, doesn't somebody in the front office come down to the newsroom and tell someone that maybe reporting in a fair and balanced manner will get us some more viewers?

News organizations are just another private company with a bottom line. Why aren't those whose job it is to make a profit slapping around these so called journalists? Does ideology trump profits?

'Cuz 99+ % of the guys in the front office are registered demmycrats ? ....:headscratch:

jeanderson
05-23-2012, 11:45
'Cuz 99+ % of the guys in the front office are registered demmycrats ? ....:headscratch:

Maybe, but ultimately the shareholders demand performance. I've worked in private enterprise all my life. If competitors were gobbling up market share, the guys at the top were gone.

Brucev
05-23-2012, 11:46
Does anyone know anyone who watches cnn?

Dexters
05-23-2012, 12:22

They see themselves as fair and balanced.

Management fears telling the news organization because of trying to keep a wall between profit and sales and management lacks 'journalistic integrity'.

Management and news blames part of the rating problem on the internet & the young don't watch TV etc.

aircarver
05-23-2012, 12:23
People 'too elite' for pMSNBC ? ......