Which Comp: BCM/Spikes/XTC/PWC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which Comp: BCM/Spikes/XTC/PWC

Apetrulis01
05-22-2012, 21:04
Ok, looking to get a comp for my AR and have and was wondering your opinion. I have it narrowed down to:

- Battle Comp
- Rainer XTC
- Spikes Dynacomp
- PWS FSC556

Which one do you like and why.

Thanks for the help.

Adam

docholliday1
05-22-2012, 21:46
I had a JP Enterprises "tank brake" for a while, extremely effective at eliminating recoil but it was way too loud for the occasional snap shot w/o earplugs. Currently using a PRI MSTN quiet comp

WoodenPlank
05-22-2012, 21:48
Battlecomp gives good recoil and muzzle rise reduction without the horrible muzzle blast of other brakes. I've heard the PWS brakes can be pretty rough to be around.

Ewalk
05-23-2012, 03:31
I just installed my Battle Comp today and shot it for the first time. It is a huge improvement over my A2 or my Yankee Hill (5C2 IIRC). I would recommend it to a friend. Just my experience so far. Hope it helps. Enjoy your rifle!

boomhower
05-23-2012, 05:43
What's the use? For an purpose comp BC is the best IMHO. I love mine. But it's not the best pure comp. For competition where you want the best comping there are better choices. But those you really wouldn't want to use in many other settings.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

M&P15T
05-23-2012, 08:24
Battlecomp gives good recoil and muzzle rise reduction without the horrible muzzle blast of other brakes. I've heard the PWS brakes can be pretty rough to be around.

To me, this is very important.

I'm sure to break-down soon and force myself to part with the money to get a 1.5 B.C.

Plank (or any other knowledgeable poster), can you please share how one installs such a comp, getting the bored ports properly lined upwards, while also getting the comp screwed down properly? Is it just a matter of using the correct number of crush-washers? Should one use a thread locker like lock-tite?

boomhower
05-23-2012, 09:39
To me, this is very important.

I'm sure to break-down soon and force myself to part with the money to get a 1.5 B.C.

Plank (or any other knowledgeable poster), can you please share how one installs such a comp, getting the bored ports properly lined upwards, while also getting the comp screwed down properly? Is it just a matter of using the correct number of crush-washers? Should one use a thread locker like lock-tite?

Take a look at the Griffin. Very similar to the BC but a lot less. Personally I ponied up the money for the real deal. Install is easy. Just use a crush washer and follow the directions. No need to use any thread locker.

Apetrulis01
05-23-2012, 10:39
What's the use? For an purpose comp BC is the best IMHO. I love mine. But it's not the best pure comp. For competition where you want the best comping there are better choices. But those you really wouldn't want to use in many other settings.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Both Work and competition.

Adam

mjkeat
05-23-2012, 10:49
I use BC 1.5s on the ARs that get the most use but took my BCM SS410 w/ PWS FSC to a fighting from a vehicle class this past Sat. I let a guy use it so I could get a better idea what it felt like when not behind the trigger. Sitting next to him in the vehicle it wasn't uncomfortable at all. Granted I had ear pro on and the two front windows were rolled down but it was nothing like I imagined it would be.

Tip: keep your mouth closed when shooting through windshields lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thisaway
05-23-2012, 14:59
I have a Battlecomp 1.5 on my piston AR and it works well. Look around on internet "for sale" boards and you might find a good deal on a used one.