Wasp spray [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wasp spray

OSUJEEPER
05-23-2012, 07:23
Hello Mas, Thanks for taking the time to respond to all different types of questions from many different areas of thought. I have enjoyed reading your section and check it everyday for you great info and insight.

I heard something from one of my coworkers today that kind of through me for a loop. She said she uses wasp spray for self defense. She says she carries a can in her purse because a self defense instructor of hers said it was better then pepper spray(more distance, larger volume, just as irritating to the eyes of a BG). She says she can also carry it into places that do not allow traditional OC and pepper sprays. If she gets caught with it she just simply says she forgot to take it out and security lets her go on her way because it's just wasp spray.

I mean is this a viable option for HD/SD, or is she just getting bad information/full of $*it.

Thanks for your time.

Mas Ayoob
05-23-2012, 10:43
Wasp spray isn't my field, but the argument has been made that since it's a poisonous substance that can cause permanent eye injury, and has not undergone studies to determine that it's safe for humans as a less-than-lethal weapon, its use can result in charges of aggravated assault.

Call me old fashioned, but I stick to the old advice of "use things the way they're meant to be used."

Might want to run it by Snopes.

best,
Mas

OSUJEEPER
05-23-2012, 14:39
I'm with you Mas, why use a rock off the ground to pound in a nail when you have a hammer in your belt. I just wanted to see if this idea was even out there.

I'll stick to my Fox pepper spray.

Thanks again!