Competition Gun Trigger Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Competition Gun Trigger Question

TomAiello
05-23-2012, 09:03
Hi Mas,

I really appreciate the time and effort you've put in to help all of us, both here and elsewhere.

A follow up to another poster's question about competition guns in self defense use.

I have recently acquired a Gen 4 Glock 35 that I shoot very well with. I am thinking of swapping it in to do nightstand duty because I am enjoying shooting it more than my present nightstand gun.

My concern is the competition trigger (standard on the G35) if I ever end up in court. I am considering swapping out the parts for something heavier. I've been messing around with different connectors to see what works best for me.

Unfortunately, the NY1 module really slows me down. While I understand the value of it in a courtroom situation, I worry that it could impede my ability to actually survive to face the court.

Therefore, I am considering changing out the connector for either the stock Glock 5.5 connector or the Ghost Tactical 5.0 connector. Trading them both in and shooting them, I do have a preference for the Ghost unit.

I would hope that if the trigger connector ever became an issue, my attorney could argue that I'd actually made the trigger heavier (hence more suitable for defense use) by putting in the Ghost unit. But I'm not sure if that's a good argument or not.

My question is this:

If I am ever facing a court after a defensive shooting, would having the Ghost 5.0 connector in the pistol be substantially worse than having the factory 5.5 in there?

Thanks again for doing the work you do!

Mas Ayoob
05-23-2012, 10:39
See "competition guns in self-defense," below. I personally wouldn't recommend going below Glock's long-standing 5.5-lb. spec.

best,
Mas

TomAiello
05-23-2012, 15:40
Many Thanks!