Are All Israelites Jews? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Are All Israelites Jews?

FCoulter
05-23-2012, 17:35
Today almost everyone identifies the name Israel with the Jews. Most people assume the Jewish people are the sole remaining descendants of the ancient nation of Israel.

What is your belief on this?

juggy4711
05-23-2012, 17:52
No. Kingdom of Judah, Kingdom of Israel. Jews, Israelites. Sort of a square/rectangle kind of thing.

FCoulter
05-23-2012, 17:55
No. Kingdom of Judah, Kingdom of Israel. Jews, Israelites. Sort of a square/rectangle kind of thing.

So do you believe all Jews are Israelite, but not all Israelites are Jews?

Kingarthurhk
05-23-2012, 19:14
What are the different denominations (types) of Judaism?

In North America today, the four main branches of Judaism are Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist. Within these denominations themselves, however, there is a great degree of variation in practice and observance.

Orthodoxy is the modern classification for the traditional section of Jewry that upholds the halakhic way of life as illustrated in a divinely ordained Torah. Halakha refers to the legal aspect of Judaism, and is also used to indicate a definitive ruling in any particular area of Jewish law.

Reform Judaism (also known as Liberal or Progressive Judaism) subjects religious law and customs to human judgment, attempting to differentiate between the facets of the Torah that are divine mandate and those that are specific to the time in which they were written.

Conservative Judaism developed mainly in the twentieth century as a reaction to Reform Judaism's liberalism. It sought to conserve tradition by applying new, historical methods of study within the boundaries of Jewish law to the mainstream of American society. It is the largest denomination of the four.

Reconstructionism is the most recent denomination within Judaism, and, rejecting the assertion that the Torah was given to Moses at Mount Sinai, views Judaism as a continual process of evolution, incorporating the inherited Jewish beliefs and traditions with the needs of the modern world.

In addition to the four main branches, there are several other noteworthy Jewish movements. Jewish Renewal is a transdenominational movement grounded in Judaism's prophetic and mystical traditions. It seeks to restore the spiritual vitality of the 19th century Hasidic movement, yet like the Reconstructionist movement, believes that Judaism is an evolving religious civilization. Therefore, Jewish Renewal regards men and women as fully equal and welcomes homosexuals and converts.

Secular Humanistic Judaism is a movement begun in the 1960s which embraces "a human-centered philosophy that combines rational thinking with a celebration of Jewish culture and identity." In the Humanistic Jewish view, the focus is not on a relationship with God or religious ritual but in a belief that the "secular roots of Jewish life are as important as the religious ones." The emphasis is therefore placed on celebrating the Jewish human experience, and Jewish tradition, culture, ethics, values, and relationships.

http://www.joi.org/qa/denom.shtml

Brasso
05-23-2012, 20:15
The greatest blunder of Christianity. So tied up in hating the Jews, their brothers, that they never figured out who they are.

Hos 1:5 “And it shall be in that day that I shall break the bow of Yisra’ĕl in the Valley of Yizreʽĕl.”
Hos 1:6 And she conceived again and bore a daughter. And He said to him, “Call her name Lo-Ruḥamah, for no longer do I have compassion on the house of Yisra’ĕl so as to forgive them at all.
Hos 1:7 “But I shall have compassion on the house of Yehuḏah and save them by יהוה their Elohim, and not save them by bow or by sword or battle, by horses or horsemen.”
Hos 1:8 And she weaned Lo-Ruḥamah, and conceived and bore a son,
Hos 1:9 then He said, “Call his name Lo-Ammi, for you are not My people, and I am not for you.
Hos 1:10 “Yet the number of the children of Yisra’ĕl shall be as the sand of the sea, which is not measured nor counted. And it shall be in the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not My people,’ they shall be called, ‘You are the sons of the living Ěl.’
Hos 1:11 “And the children of Yehuḏah and the children of Yisra’ĕl shall be gathered together, and appoint for themselves one head, and shall come up out of the earth, for great is the day of Yizreʽĕl!

1Co 10:1 For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brothers, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea,
1Co 10:2 and all were immersed into Mosheh in the cloud and in the sea,
1Co 10:3 and all ate the same spiritual food,
1Co 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed, and the Rock was Messiah.

Eph 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Messiah יהושע unto good works, which Elohim prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Therefore remember that you, once gentiles1 in the flesh, who are called ‘the uncircumcision’ by what is called ‘the circumcision’ made in the flesh by hands, Footnote: 11 Cor. 12:2.
Eph 2:12 that at that time you were without Messiah, excluded from the citizenship of Yisra’ĕl and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no expectation and without Elohim in the world.
Eph 2:13 But now in Messiah יהושע you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of the Messiah.

See my sig line. Forever. Who are YOU going to believe?

FCoulter
05-23-2012, 20:44
http://www.joi.org/qa/denom.shtml

So by you post I take it you think all Israelites are Jews. Am I correct?

If this is the case thats a grave error.

FCoulter
05-23-2012, 20:45
Technically the Jews are descendants of two of the Israelite tribes: Judah and Benjamin, plus a considerable part of a third, the priestly tribe of Levi.

Unknown to most, 10 other tribes in ancient Israel were never called Jews. These northern tribes were historically distinct and politically separate from the Jews, their brothers to the south who formed the kingdom of Judah, from which the term Jew was derived.

The northern coalition of tribes, the kingdom or house of Israel, had already become an independent nation, separate from the house of Judah, by the time the word Jew first appears in the biblical narrative. In fact, the first time the term appears in the King James Version of the Bible, Israel was at war with the Jews (2 Kings 16:5-6).

Are all Israelites Jews? No. Jews—the citizens and descendants of the kingdom of Judah—are indeed Israelites, but not all Israelites are Jews. Since all 12 tribes, including Jews, are descendants of their father Israel (Jacob), we can apply the term IsIsraelite to all of the tribes. The term Jew, however, is accurate only for the tribes that comprised the kingdom of Judah and for their descendants.

http://www.ucg.org/booklet/united-states-and-britain-bible-prophecy/empire-exile/are-all-israelites-jews/

Kingarthurhk
05-23-2012, 21:16
So by you post I take it you think all Israelites are Jews. Am I correct?

If this is the case thats a grave error.

I am just posting what Jews say about themselves.

Roering
05-24-2012, 10:23
It would be helpful to get some definition from our Jewish posters on this as well as their definition of an Israelite as well as a Jew.

I'd rather let them define themselves than to make an inference.

Vic Hays
05-24-2012, 11:04
I hate to be suspicious of Fred, but knowing what I know about the theology of his sect, I am guessing that he is setting us up for the lost tribes thing in which the lost tribes supposedly migrated and settled in Europe.

The whole underpinning of this philosophy is that God will only bless Israel. Those who subscribe to this false theology that one must be a literal flesh descendant of Abraham to be saved even carry this out to say that the monarchs of Europe are descended from these lost tribes and that the British monarch sits on the throne of David.

Another aspect of this is the white supremists who claim to be descended from these lost tribes. Therefore the other races are inferior.

It is not difficult to refute these beliefs from the Bible but you just run into the denial wall.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands;
17:25 Neither is worshipped with men’ hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he gives to all life, and breath, and all things;
17:26 And has made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Foxterriermom
05-24-2012, 12:58
I think anyone who is familiar with the history of the Israelites realizes that there were more tribes than just that of the tribe of Judah, who is today known as the Jews.

Since I am a follower of YHWH, I have been spiritually grafted in as an Israelite just as the mixed-multitude was that left with the Israelites out of Exgypt. I don't believe myself to be a Jew, although I very well could have decended from one of the other tribes displaced from the Northern Kingdom since my family came out of Europe. At this point in time it can neither be proved nor disproved, but I believe it will in time be revealed to me at the appropriate time. It may have something to do with the white stone of Revelation 2:17 or the gate by which I might enter heaven (reference Rev 21:12). These are just thoughts I have entertained over the years.

FCoulter
05-24-2012, 19:11
I hate to be suspicious of Fred, but knowing what I know about the theology of his sect, I am guessing that he is setting us up for the lost tribes thing in which the lost tribes supposedly migrated and settled in Europe.

The whole underpinning of this philosophy is that God will only bless Israel. Those who subscribe to this false theology that one must be a literal flesh descendant of Abraham to be saved even carry this out to say that the monarchs of Europe are descended from these lost tribes and that the British monarch sits on the throne of David.

Another aspect of this is the white supremists who claim to be descended from these lost tribes. Therefore the other races are inferior.

It is not difficult to refute these beliefs from the Bible but you just run into the denial wall.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands;
17:25 Neither is worshipped with men’ hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he gives to all life, and breath, and all things;
17:26 And has made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

It seems that once you become an SDA you inherit the gift of prophecy, atleast this seems to be the case with you and king.

Or it may just be a case of EWitis.

Vic Hays
05-24-2012, 19:14
It seems that once you become an SDA you inherit the gift of prophecy, atleast this seems to be the case with you and king.

Or it may just be a case of EWitis.

Did I blow your cover Fred? :whistling:

juggy4711
05-24-2012, 19:39
I hate to be suspicious of Fred,

Suspicion warranted. He seems to be plagiarizing from this site...

http://www.ucg.org/booklet/united-states-and-britain-bible-prophecy/empire-exile/are-all-israelites-jews/

FCoulter
05-24-2012, 20:20
Suspicion warranted. He seems to be plagiarizing from this site...

I am sorry yes I did use that site in this discussion, next time I will use my own site and material.

I did fix it so you nobody can complain. :)

IhRedrider
05-24-2012, 20:35
Technically the Jews are descendants of two of the Israelite tribes: Judah and Benjamin, plus a considerable part of a third, the priestly tribe of Levi.

Unknown to most, 10 other tribes in ancient Israel were never called Jews. These northern tribes were historically distinct and politically separate from the Jews, their brothers to the south who formed the kingdom of Judah, from which the term Jew was derived.

The northern coalition of tribes, the kingdom or house of Israel, had already become an independent nation, separate from the house of Judah, by the time the word Jew first appears in the biblical narrative. In fact, the first time the term appears in the King James Version of the Bible, Israel was at war with the Jews (2 Kings 16:5-6).

Are all Israelites Jews? No. Jews—the citizens and descendants of the kingdom of Judah—are indeed Israelites, but not all Israelites are Jews. Since all 12 tribes, including Jews, are descendants of their father Israel (Jacob), we can apply the term IsIsraelite to all of the tribes. The term Jew, however, is accurate only for the tribes that comprised the kingdom of Judah and for their descendants.

Kind of off the subject but,

You mentioned 10 and then 12 tribes. How many tribes exist today, and what are their names?

juggy4711
05-24-2012, 21:41

You mentioned 10 and then 12 tribes. How many tribes exist today, and what are their names?

10+2 = 12 :dunno:

FCoulter
05-24-2012, 21:43

All the tribes are Israelites, 3 of 12 tribes became what is known as the Jews, 10 tribes remained, and were scattered, they lost their identity because they turned from Gods, commands and Sabbaths. God, however still knows exactly whom they are, so even though they are lost spiritually, they arent lost to God.

juggy4711
05-24-2012, 21:46
All the tribes are Israelites, 3 of 12 tribes became what is known as the Jews, 10 tribes remained, and were scattered, they lost their identity because they turned from Gods, commands and Sabbaths. God, however still knows exactly whom they are, so even though they are lost spiritually, they arent lost to God.

So the Levites were spilt? Cause 10+3 does not = 12.

FCoulter
05-25-2012, 05:17
So the Levites were spilt? Cause 10+3 does not = 12.

Yes you are correct

Vic Hays
05-25-2012, 09:14
I think anyone who is familiar with the history of the Israelites realizes that there were more tribes than just that of the tribe of Judah, who is today known as the Jews.

Since I am a follower of YHWH, I have been spiritually grafted in as an Israelite just as the mixed-multitude was that left with the Israelites out of Exgypt. I don't believe myself to be a Jew, although I very well could have decended from one of the other tribes displaced from the Northern Kingdom since my family came out of Europe. At this point in time it can neither be proved nor disproved, but I believe it will in time be revealed to me at the appropriate time. It may have something to do with the white stone of Revelation 2:17 or the gate by which I might enter heaven (reference Rev 21:12). These are just thoughts I have entertained over the years.

God does not look upon us as being any particular race. God loves everyone to start with and especially those that follow Him. He really is not racist.

Acts 10:28 And he said to them, You know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come to one of another nation; but God has showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
10:35 But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.
10:36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
10:37 That word, I say, you know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;
10:41 Not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whoever believes in him shall receive remission of sins.
10:44 While Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Vic Hays
05-25-2012, 09:46

Does Steve Collins explain what you are getting at? I think it is a far fetched to say that these tribes migrated to Europe when historically they intermarried and were defeated in battles and taken as slaves and dispersed.

http://www.stevenmcollins.com/html/books.html

The book says that they were not dispersed, but remained together and migrated to form the nations of Europe.
He claims that they still enjoy the special blessings of God's chosen people in spite of what Jesus said.

John 8:39 They answered and said to him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were Abraham’ children, you would do the works of Abraham.
8:40 But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
8:41 You do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
John 8:42 Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
8:43 Why do you not understand my speech? even because you cannot hear my word.
8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and stayed not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

FCoulter
05-25-2012, 15:38
God does not look upon us as being any particular race. God loves everyone to start with and especially those that follow Him. He really is not racist.

Acts 10:28 And he said to them, You know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come to one of another nation; but God has showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
10:35 But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.
10:36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
10:37 That word, I say, you know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;
10:41 Not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whoever believes in him shall receive remission of sins.
10:44 While Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

http://www.cbcg.org/franklin/SA/SA_worlddeceived.pdf

muscogee
05-25-2012, 20:31
Many years ago I received an unsolicited magazine called Plain Truth. One of the articles claimed the British were the real Children of God. The Aryan Nations Brotherhood picked up that idea as well. They claimed that the descendant of Issac wold be called Issac's sons. Saxons.

IhRedrider
05-25-2012, 22:02

What are the names of the tribes now and where are they? Are the tribes going to be revealed and if so what will their names be? Please explain the 12-3=10. Thanks.

Maybe Brasso could weigh in on this.

Vic Hays
05-25-2012, 22:50
http://www.cbcg.org/franklin/SA/SA_worlddeceived.pdf

So I take it that you believe God is racist?

Do you believe that one must be an Israelite by fleshly descent to be saved?

Romans 9:25 As he said also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said to them, You are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Vic Hays
05-25-2012, 22:59
Many years ago I received an unsolicited magazine called Plain Truth. One of the articles claimed the British were the real Children of God. The Aryan Nations Brotherhood picked up that idea as well. They claimed that the descendant of Issac wold be called Issac's sons. Saxons.

I think that is where Fred is going. He hasn't really come out to say yet, but Herbert Armstrong promoted what you are talking about. Denmark is supposed to be Dan's mark after the tribe of Dan and the Danube River etc and a bunch more. It is kind of like science fiction history to shore up a strange doctrine.

Kingarthurhk
05-26-2012, 05:16
So I take it that you believe God is racist?

Do you believe that one must be an Israelite by fleshly descent to be saved?

Romans 9:25 As he said also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said to them, You are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

I am 25 percent German Jew, it really doesn't do anything special for me. If I were to rely on that, I guess I would only be 25 percent saved?:rofl:

I am glad God doesn't think that way.

FCoulter
05-26-2012, 05:46
What are the names of the tribes now and where are they? Are the tribes going to be revealed and if so what will their names be? Please explain the 12-3=10. Thanks.

Maybe Brasso could weigh in on this.

If you want the answers to your questions, they are all in here.

http://www.cbcg.org/franklin/Judahs_Sceptre_Josephs_Birthright.pdf

Brasso
05-26-2012, 08:14
1Co 10:26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

Mat 10:23 “And when they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For truly, I say to you, you shall by no means have gone through the cities of Yisra’ĕl before the Son of Aḏam comes.

1Co 10:1 For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brothers, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea,
1Co 10:2 and all were immersed into Mosheh in the cloud and in the sea,
1Co 10:3 and all ate the same spiritual food,
1Co 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed, and the Rock was Messiah.

The prophecies are pretty clear. The Nation of Israel, the seed of Abraham, became a blessing to the nations of the earth. Both because since the dispersion, everyone now has Israelite blood, and because even if you don't, you still become Israel through the blood of the Lamb.

No racism. Just grace.

But like father like son. Israel want's to make up their own rules.

Vic Hays
05-26-2012, 10:11
The prophecies are pretty clear. The Nation of Israel, the seed of Abraham, became a blessing to the nations of the earth. Both because since the dispersion, everyone now has Israelite blood, and because even if you don't, you still become Israel through the blood of the Lamb.

No racism. Just grace.

But like father like son. Israel want's to make up their own rules.

Good thinking Brasso

God called the nation of Israel out for His own name not theirs. The blessing can only come while they are still connected to the root, not when they are cut off.

Malachi 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

This had the beginning of its fulfillment with the Christian Church.

Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

user
05-26-2012, 15:23
What's funny is that not all Jews are Israelites. There was a time from just around the time of Augustus for a period of about three hundred years, when Judaism was an evangelical religion. They signed people who had no Semitic racial history as "lovers of God", who'd agree to go along with the rules (e.g., circumcision), and who'd join up. Further, following the Roman persecutions, the Jews spread out throughout Europe and North Africa, such that a lot of Sephardic Jews are African in heritage, while a lot of the Ashkenazi are German or Slavic. And what's even better is that there's a community of "true Jews" in China, who look Mongolian, and the folks in Ethiopia who claim to be the descendents of the otherwise-obliterated Kingdom of Israel. That's why the Rastafarians claim that Haile Selassie was "the last scion" and the second coming of Jesus by way of some kind of reincarnation thing. A true Israelite would look a lot like the Babylonian statues people have dug up, and most Jews really don't have that set of racial characteristics. In fact, it may be that the modern Arabs have more in common with Israel, racially, than most modern Jews; the "other sons of Abraham" are a Semitic people, as well.

Vic Hays
05-28-2012, 09:46
What the Bible says is that all of God's true believers are Jews.

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Brasso
05-28-2012, 10:42
Not really. We are all Israelites. He will unite House of Judah and the House of Israel into one nation again. Messiah has started the work and He's about to finish it.

ViennaGambit
05-28-2012, 11:27
Just about the only clear thing to me from this thread so far is the amount of unclarity and contradictory nature of scripture. One can unequivocally justify whaever he wants to believe.

Scripture was compiled by man. How can you put so much faith into them? You trust men who never met Jesus or lived 1,000 years after Abraham to get it right?

Jew or non-Jew, just be a good person which is a HARD task for most. God gave us the ability to know right from wrong - just follow your GOD-GIVEN instinct to its truest and forget the words of man. There would be a lot less killing, violence and hatred if this happened.

Regardless, I am part Spanish Jew, Hungarian Jew, French Catholic and Basque, so I guess I have all my bases covered.

IhRedrider
05-29-2012, 18:59
I am part Spanish Jew, Hungarian Jew, French Catholic and Basque, so I guess I have all my bases covered.

Or maybe none of them. I don't believe that you can rely on your ancestors for salvation, only God.

ViennaGambit
05-29-2012, 19:10
Or maybe none of them. I don't believe that you can rely on your ancestors for salvation, only God.

Agreed.

That's why I just focus on being a kind, generous, unprejudiced and principled man who focuses on doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

The big guy, whoever he is, will sort it all out in the end.