Anyone here use the "Ignore List?" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use the "Ignore List?"

Tilley
05-23-2012, 22:45
After six years of being a card-carrying member of Religious Issues, I have finally had to use for the first time the infamous "Ignore List."

Am I the only one here to use it?

If no one replies to this thread...

:crying:
...then I guess I will have my answer.

Akil8290
05-23-2012, 22:48
I did once early in my membership here; then I immediately took the person back off the list. I kind of felt childish using it. If someone says something I don't like, so what? Its a choice to be offended.

Wil Ufgood
05-23-2012, 23:51
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2474/3910179351_a24858f304_o.jpg

LawScholar
05-24-2012, 00:05
I used it for a poster that seems to always follow me around and snark at me, Feanor. It's funny, thanks to Tapatalk's preview feature which is unaffected by the ignore list, I could still catch the first few words of him doing now and again, but I never had to actually read them. :)

Cavalry Doc
05-24-2012, 04:37
Well, when a person goes completely personal, and will not stay on topic, there is a reason. They want a reaction. When they don't get it, they try harder. I'm not really sure if posters like that enjoy being insulted back or their own insults more, but they get off on testing the limits of the TOS. So just ignore them, both on the ignore list and actually. Nothing torques off a masochist more than refusing to beat them.

Blast
05-24-2012, 05:26
I don't use ignore list because it's entertaining to see frustrated trolls crap themselves.:supergrin:

Lone Wolf8634
05-24-2012, 07:13
Nope. If I don't like what someone says, I simply move on.

Unless I feel like arguing:whistling:

Most times the entertainment value far outweighs the momentary irritation.

Though I haven't yet received my very own stalker like LawScholar.

Wake_jumper
05-24-2012, 07:46
I love the ignore feature. I think the number of "ignores" someone has should be on their profile page.

LawScholar
05-24-2012, 08:35
Though I haven't yet received my very own stalker like LawScholar.

To be fair it's my own fault to a degree. I absolutely hate my user name.

It was innocent when I chose it, I was getting ready for law school and typed it absentmindedly. I never anticipated spending years on the forums or getting so into guns, and never anticipated that my user name would always look a bit elitist. I imagine I get stalked because the dude really doesn't like academic types.

I've had admins on TFL switch me to LockedBreech, but I don't know any admins here.

cysoto
05-24-2012, 08:48
Nah, I don't use the "ignore" function. I understand that having conflicting points of view is half the fun of being part of any forum.

Glockdude1
05-24-2012, 08:57
Nah, I don't use the "ignore" function. I understand that having conflicting points of view is half the fun of being part of any forum.

:agree:

Syclone538
05-24-2012, 09:20
I don't have enough time to read everything I'd like to on GT. I see the ignore list as a way to save time. But I have a bad habit of clicking view post.

Wake_jumper
05-24-2012, 09:36
I don't have enough time to read everything I'd like to on GT. I see the ignore list as a way to save time. But I have a bad habit of clicking view post.

... and then you are reminded why you put them on ignore in the first place....

Cavalry Doc
05-24-2012, 09:41
To be fair it's my own fault to a degree. I absolutely hate my user name.

It was innocent when I chose it, I was getting ready for law school and typed it absentmindedly. I never anticipated spending years on the forums or getting so into guns, and never anticipated that my user name would always look a bit elitist. I imagine I get stalked because the dude really doesn't like academic types.

I've had admins on TFL switch me to LockedBreech, but I don't know any admins here.

Send a PM to Eric

4TS&W
05-24-2012, 10:03
By the time I'm annoyed by someone enough to block them, some mod has usually already, or is about to ban them.

Good mods around here.. They even give me free "infraction points". I'm trying to see if I can cash them in at Starbucks... :)

Sent via telepathy

LawScholar
05-24-2012, 11:32
Send a PM to Eric

Thank you sir, will do.

juggy4711
05-24-2012, 19:46
I don't bother. If someone posts something not worth responding to I don't respond. When one does it enough I note the screen name and just scroll past the majority of their posts.

Gunhaver
05-24-2012, 20:47
I don't do voluntary censorship. I like accurate information and even if someone is stupid it's good to know with some degree of accuracy who is stupid and to what extent.

That way you can spot them by the little signs they leave behind. :yawn::upeyes::yawn:

Tilley
05-25-2012, 02:04
I wouldn't call it censorship more than I would call it keeping one's composure around some a-hole who is monumentally ignorant. This person adds absolutely nothing to these threads except negativity and hatred.

I must admit the skies are a deeper blue, the birds sing more, and I even looker better in a mirror...:supergrin:

creaky
05-25-2012, 10:37
Have never used the ignore function and I always read your every word, Tilley.;)

Woofie
05-25-2012, 12:42
I can't see anything in this thread.

steveksux
05-25-2012, 15:49
This message is hidden because Tilley is on your ignore list.What???

Randy

Tilley
05-25-2012, 19:01
Dear Woofie and Randy,

I would never put you two hell-bound atheists on my ignore list for three reasons:

1. You guys are funny and would make perfect sidekicks.:wavey:

2. When we get into line on Judgement Day, I need both you guys in front of me.:steamed:

3. Who would I sell ice cubes to then if I ignore you now.:tongueout:

steveksux
05-25-2012, 19:42
Dear Woofie and Randy,

I would never put you two hell-bound atheists on my ignore list for three reasons:

2. When we get into line on Judgement Day, I need both you guys in front of me.:steamed:

3. Who would I sell ice cubes to then if I ignore you now.:tongueout::rofl::supergrin:

I just put you on there for that one post for entertainment value. I can't believe nobody else thought of that. I kind of expected every post in the entire thread to say that.... :rofl:

Randy

Sarge1400
05-25-2012, 19:55
:rofl::supergrin:

I just put you on there for that one post for entertainment value. I can't believe nobody else thought of that. I kind of expected every post in the entire thread to say that.... :rofl:

Randy

We were saving it for you, so you'd feel all clever and stuff. :dancingbanana:

Brucev
05-26-2012, 06:52
After six years of being a card-carrying member of Religious Issues, I have finally had to use for the first time the infamous "Ignore List."

Am I the only one here to use it?

If no one replies to this thread...

:crying:
...then I guess I will have my answer.

No. At least not yet. :cool:

TKM
05-26-2012, 09:11
The irony, it hurts.....

Woofie
05-27-2012, 22:11
Dear Woofie and Randy,

So kind of you. I'll feed your cats after the rapture happens.:wavey:

GeorgiaGlocker
05-28-2012, 11:27
Dear Woofie and Randy,

You won't be in the same line if you are saved and they are not.