Suppressor Wait Time [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor Wait Time

watsoncb
05-24-2012, 10:22
I completed, got approvals and my Class 3 dealer (Loudoun Gun, VA) submitted my stuff in mid Feb.

It has been a while and not even my check has been cashed. :dunno:

Anyone have an news on how long it takes to get a 9mm supressor approved these days? :upeyes:

Thanks for responding....

Glockdude1
05-24-2012, 10:49
I woiuld say the wait is anywhere from 6 to 11 months.

The waiting is the hardest part in the world of NFA.

:cool:

itstime
05-24-2012, 10:52
The time about doubled in recent times. You have months to wait yet. Total roughly 6 months.

watsoncb
05-25-2012, 14:15
:brickwall: :tequila: :countingsheep: :juggle:

gregw
05-26-2012, 05:20
The check should have been cashed by now. I mailed in forms for a suppressor January 12 and the check was cashed January 18.

watsoncb
05-26-2012, 18:09
The check should have been cashed by now. I mailed in forms for a suppressor January 12 and the check was cashed January 18.

And that is what is confusing me.

Hedo1
06-01-2012, 11:04
My last one took 8 months from the time they cashed my check.

podwich
06-03-2012, 01:07
Something's screwy. The check is usually cashed pretty much right away.

chemcmndr
06-03-2012, 05:58
It's not necessary for your Class 3 dealer to mail your Form 4 for you. Actually, I prefer that they don't, just so I know when it went into the mail and it wasn't forgotten about in a pile of papers at their shop. I mailed in a Form 4 for a suppressor on December 1st. I just got the call that the stamp was received on June 1st. So, about 7 months is the going rate these days.

eracer
06-03-2012, 07:06
OP, you need to call the ATF yourself and ask them the status. Have the S/N of the silencer in hand when you call them.

The check should have been cashed within 10 days or so - that's when the 6 month wait begins. If it hasn't (or they say the application hasn't been received, then jump firmly onto the hind end of the dealer who was supposed to take care of this for you.

(The three times I've sent $200 to the ATF I sent the application and the check myself - via Registered Mail. I don't trust anyone to take care of anything that has my SSN info on it.)

dudel
06-03-2012, 13:07
My first one took three months to the day. My last one was last year, and it took 6 months. Supposedly they were reorganizing to better split up the workload. If you get it in less than 6 months it may have worked. My class3 dealer tells me there are lots of new applications.

In each case, the check was cashed pretty quickly. There is a number you can call (have the serial number handy). You will talk to a person who will only tell you the current status (and nothing else).

Maybe if you put your name down as Mr. Fast N. Furious, you'd get it quicker?

watsoncb
06-09-2012, 08:17
Could I get the phone number to call to find status?