Involved in a Road Rage Incident about an Hour Ago.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Involved in a Road Rage Incident about an Hour Ago....

The_Gun_Guru
05-24-2012, 16:08
while my dad was driving me home from work.

It seems we may have cut somebody off, although the other guy was purposely trying to NOT let us over, and it seemed to have REALLY angered him.

We tried to lose him (he was chasing us) and we thought we did because we pulled into a parking space at a doctor's office and didn't see him for about three minutes......until he pulls up behind us!!!:wow:

He gets out....we get out....and HE starts using profanity and threatening my dad. He tells ME that my dad is lucky that I'm there because if I wasn't he would kick his @$$ (I'm of above average build and it shows).

As many of you know I ALWAYS have my gun on me, even at work where it is against company POLICY, and so at no time was I ever threatened, especially since it was an old man about 75 or so:shocked: Yeah, I was shocked too!

Anyway, we had words and I told him to go home. Before he got back into his car I hear.....and I am quoting him:

"You're lucky I don't have a gun".

I had to ask him to repeat it because I wasn't sure if I heard correctly! Not once did I let on that I had a gun on me. I didn't have my hand in my pocket or tell him that he didn't know who he was messing with.

It ended peacefully and I look back and wish I had my phone recording so I could post it on Youtube because I couldn't make this stuff up!

Just had to vent.....thanks for "listening".

TGG

fnfalman
05-24-2012, 16:18
Once he said, "you're lucky I don't have a gun.", you should have whipped yours out and smack him across the face.

Roostmonkey
05-24-2012, 16:20
I had an older person do the exact same thing to me, and I was in full uniform. Had I been in plain clothes, I would have beat the smack out of him.

rilkil23
05-24-2012, 16:28
I watched two guys slug it out in a parking lot. It was an even fight and both guys seemed to enjoy the giving and taking aspect of the brawl. I assume it was over an issue like you describe because one guy left his car running in the middle of the road with the keys in the ignition, running, and drivers door wide open. I would guess they were both pushing 40 but couldn't say for sure as I kept my distance in the event one of them pulled a weapon. The police drove by and the two men quickly walked away like nothing happened. The officer did turn around and use his spotlight to check where the men were. I would have to give the victory to the guy with the long hair as he seemed to land the most clean blows and continued to deny the other guy when he shot for take downs. I've have seen a few good fist fights but have to say this was the best one. My 14 year old was soaking it all in because I warn him not to mess with people, you never know who you will get a rise out of and it may turn out to be a big mistake.

grmnracing
05-24-2012, 16:28
Next time do a "pistol whip" and run like a beotch!

Sent from my iPhone

FL Airedale
05-24-2012, 16:29
I'm glad you kept your cool and no one got hurt. Good job!

Angry Fist
05-24-2012, 16:30
Once he said, "you're lucky I don't have a gun.", you should have whipped yours out and smack him across the face.
Damn straight.

mist
05-24-2012, 16:33
You obviously chose the "high road" and exercised the proper behavior and demeanor for a person carrying concealed. Kudos to you for being prepared but not escalating the situation.

05-24-2012, 17:00
Lesson of the day: If the other guy was apparently not willing to let you cut over, do not proceed.
Never know what kind of day the other guy was having.

Rick Melear
05-24-2012, 17:06
"it was an old man about 75 or so" You took the high road and made the right choice.

The_Gun_Guru
05-24-2012, 17:37
Lesson of the day: If the other guy was apparently not willing to let you cut over, do not proceed.
Never know what kind of day the other guy was having.

I was NOT driving. I thought I made that clear.:dunno:

"it was an old man about 75 or so" You took the high road and made the right choice.

Yeah, he had some huge you-know-what's for an old man. He looked like he was from NY or NJ. I can usually tell having BEEN BORN HERE!

You always wonder.....how would I react in a situation like that?

Well, now I KNOW!!!!

TGG

The_Gun_Guru
05-24-2012, 17:40
I'm glad you kept your cool and no one got hurt. Good job!

BTW....

thanks!

TGG

Just1More
05-24-2012, 19:08
OP, what would you have done if the guy started throwing punches? You mention never feeling threatened because you have your CCW, so I was just wondering.

05-24-2012, 20:12
I was NOT driving. I thought I made that clear.:dunno:

TGG
I know you were not driving. I read your post. It was clear. The lesson was for your father.

bac1023
05-24-2012, 20:23
You played it cool.

I'm not sure I would have did quite as well in that regard.

Berto
05-24-2012, 20:31
Hopefully he'll get his ass kicked by another 75yr old someday.

hagar
05-24-2012, 20:32
A reason for carrying pepper spray, for the less than lethal encounters..

Berto
05-24-2012, 20:36
I'd rather punch the prick in the face than pepper spray him.

PhotoFeller
05-24-2012, 20:38
Violence never, ever solves anything unless it is a true case of self defense. Part of the obligation of concealed carry is that we avoid confrontation. Being a bad ass is not avoiding confrontation.

Berto
05-24-2012, 20:44
Who's being a badass?:dunno:

The_Gun_Guru
05-24-2012, 22:14
OP, what would you have done if the guy started throwing punches? You mention never feeling threatened because you have your CCW, so I was just wondering.

He was an old man....I was not worried in the least. I actually would have felt bad if he had started throwing punches. I would HATE to have to beat up an old man.:dunno:

I know you were not driving. I read your post. It was clear. The lesson was for your father.

My father is not on Glock Talk.

I am!:wavey:

You played it cool.

I'm not sure I would have did quite as well in that regard.

Thanks bac :thumbsup: Your opinion means more than you know.

A reason for carrying pepper spray, for the less than lethal encounters..

I didn't even feel threatened enough to use pepper spray. I was calm, cool and collected.....just as I learned in my CCW class 21 YEARS AGO!!!!!

Violence never, ever solves anything unless it is a true case of self defense. Part of the obligation of concealed carry is that we avoid confrontation. Being a bad ass is not avoiding confrontation.

Well said. I avoided a bad situation by talking some sense into the agressor. By making him realize that he was in a NO-WIN situation my dad and I were able to leave the scene without me having to draw my weapon....which is ALWAYS the preferred ending to a bad situation!

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me!

TGG

ReyFufuRulesAll
05-24-2012, 22:25
...you should have whipped yours out and smack him across the face.

:wow:

:aodnsb:

Sorry, couldn't resist :supergrin:

FFR Spyder GT
05-24-2012, 22:31

That's what Trayvon Martin said too!!

Hour13
05-24-2012, 22:35
"You're lucky I don't have a gun."

"You mean like this one?"

Pull gun from holster, and toss it on driver's seat of my car. Then walk over and kick the **** outta the old coot.

:cool:

J/k. You handled that very well. Were you not carrying, I'd be slightly more serious about dishing out an ass-whooping. But as it should be, you exercised excellent restraint.

Well done. :thumbsup:

glock2740
05-24-2012, 22:39
Ditto.

BlackPaladin
05-24-2012, 22:42
OP, you did good! and thank you for sharing your story as well!

Zombie Steve
05-24-2012, 22:48
Some people play a game in traffic, then get mad when they get beat.

I probably would have messed with the guy to see if I could give him a heart attack.

"You're kind of an emotional guy, aren't you?"

"Don't you know nobody wears white tennis shoes any more?"

"Can I have the wheel weights off your tires? I'd like to cast them into .44's."

Lior
05-24-2012, 22:54
The last time I had anything approaching an altercation with another motorist, it unfolded like this:
Irate motorcyclist bangs on window.
**@*#! Shouts and accusations about cutting him off.
Lior: "Good morning, Sir. How are you?"
Other guy: !!@*! More loud accusations.
Other guy: #(@) More loud accusations.

Other guy drives off.

A gentleman knows how to choose his fights.

WarEagle32
05-24-2012, 23:33
You Definitely the right thing!

The_Gun_Guru
05-24-2012, 23:38
That's what Trayvon Martin said too!!

Treyvon handled that in the wrong way......obviously.

[I]
J/k. You handled that very well. Were you not carrying, I'd be slightly more serious about dishing out an ass-whooping. But as it should be, you exercised excellent restraint.

Well done. :thumbsup:

Thanks man!

Thanks for your support!

A gentleman knows how to choose his fights.

AMEN!!!!!!

TGG

PhotoFeller
05-25-2012, 00:33

I'll second that, yessir.

LawScholar
05-25-2012, 01:22
Never show your cards until called, even holding a royal flush. Well played.

TSAX
05-25-2012, 01:37
I had a similar situation and this guy was following me and almost hit me several times like a mad man He was driving reckless throughout the whole time jumping in out out of both ways of traffic. I pulled off into another area and I was on the phone with the local pd and I stayed in my vehicle. The dispatcher said that if I got out of my vehicle first then or at all then I would have been contributing to the escalation of the situation. The guy finally gave up. I was armed but if he had come out of the vehicle with a weapon I would have dropped him or at least gone out trying.

The cops followed up somewhat and said they couldn't find the guy and when they ran his plates it came back to a PO Box. I let it go.

I think you handed it well despite the crappy circumstances TGG, glad no one was hurt or had to spent a long time at the precinct or sued or worse.

:50cal:

ScottieG59
05-25-2012, 02:27
I am sure we all know a confrontation is a no win scenario. I see a lot of angry drivers when I go to more urban areas. I go out of my way to be friendly. It usually works, but not all the time.

Years ago, in the Kansas City news, I heard about a minor fender bender. The guy who was tapped in the rear started shooting at the car behind him and that guy started to shoot back. The marksmanship was not good at all and the missed with each shot. Unfortunately, a passenger in the rear car was killed by a round that went through the windshield.

I once had a go nuts when I stopped at a red light. I guess he was one of those guys who accelerates when the light turns red. For a few minutes, he kept trying to crash into me, but I maneuvered around each attempt. I had the family in the car and it made them a little nervous. I kept an eye out for weapons and as much as I could, I kept in his blind spots. I also made sure he was not getting behind me. Eventually, I got myself in a lane where he could not turn back and follow.

Anyway, the road rage guys are all over the place. If there is an altercation, it may not be easy to figure out who started it. The best is to avoid the mess in the first place.

Out there in fly-over country...

owl6roll
05-25-2012, 02:56
I almost got hit riding my motorcycle home from work, in uniform. Hispanic turned left in front of me. I had a bad thougt then called them/him some names in spanish and left it at that.

HKLovingIT
05-25-2012, 07:20
Never underestimate the level of crazy out there:

Bait-car thief gone crazy - YouTube

poodleplumber
05-25-2012, 07:58
OP has the right idea - de-escalate whenever possible. If you think you make yourself a winner by beating up or shooting an old man for mouthing off, you need to rethink a lot of things deeper than self defense strategies.

Bro KV
05-25-2012, 08:10
I tend to give old people a pass. I had an old man walk right in front of me as I stood in line at the gas station. The lady behind the counter told him that I was in line and his reply was "so". I just told the lady "it's ok, he'll be dead soon".

rilkil23
05-25-2012, 08:39
Go to youtube and watch "Vietnam Jack", that old boy might just put a whoopin on a loud mouth thug. It's sad reading posts about dropping an old man, you might get a rise out of a group of younger, more capable, men in the process. Respect your elders even if they come across as aggressive or rude. Just go gut punch an eight year old while you showing the world how tough you are. I would hope we are mature enough to handle a situation being we are totin around pistols in public. Little maturity maybe?

SigFTW
05-25-2012, 09:13
I tend to give old people a pass. I had an old man walk right in front of me as I stood in line at the gas station. The lady behind the counter told him that I was in line and his reply was "so". I just told the lady "it's ok, he'll be dead soon".
:rofl::rofl:

ZO6Vettever
05-25-2012, 09:21
Gun Guru, you done good. WTF is up with all you guys who wanna beat or pistol whip an un-armed, cranky 75 year old man. I'm an old cranky SOB but keep my temper in check to avoid any excuse for a conformation. Us old farts get cranky because everything hurts and we have taken crap for many more years than the young bucks and are damned tired of it. Please, show some respect for you're elders. I'm off my rant now and forgive all I was pissed at. Have a great day and beers are on me.

LawScholar
05-25-2012, 09:22
Never underestimate the level of crazy out there:

Bait-car thief gone crazy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHE_EDXi2eM&feature=related)

I can't believe that guy only got 4 years.

engineer151515
05-25-2012, 09:24
. . . .

Sporaticus
05-25-2012, 09:33

Your response:

"You know sir, you are the kind of person that gives gun owners a bad name. You are willing to murder someone over a mistake in traffic. Oddly enough, in this case, it would have cost you YOUR life".

Then reveal your pistol. Don't point it, don't threaten. He would realize how close he came.....

Me personally, I've never see a strip of pavement that was worth killing or dying for. But then, I let people over in traffic out of courtesy, and have learned to laugh at stupid drivers doing stupid things.

backcast88
05-25-2012, 09:42
I experienced a similar situation with my mom at the end of last year.

We were headed home from dropping toys off at a car dealership for the Toys for Tots program when a older guy (late 50's to early 60's) on a motorcycle ran a red light and made an illegal u turn across a double yellow line right in front of us. He nearly hit us so mom blew the horn at him and he flipped us off and raced across the intersection and then brake checked us 3 times before slowing down to 10 mph and raced off at nearly 100 in a school zone. We figured it was done with until he was waiting for us around the corner by nearly stopping in the road and break checked us again.

We eventually made it to a major intersection and stated to head on our way with him going the other way. But then he cuts across 3 lanes of traffic and nearly causing several wrecks just to get behind us and rev his motor and flip the bird at us. I called the cops because we were headed home and there is only 1 way to get to our house and didn't want him following us to the house. He stayed in our blind spot for 4 miles and when ever we tried to change lanes to take a different road to loose him he would speed up and ride at my moms door.

The worst part was when we caught a red light and he pulled up at my window on the passenger side. At that point he had is bike less than an inch away from my window and was yelling profanity and flipping us off. The sheriff's department showed up and talked to both parties. He said we were tailgating him and was trying to teach us a lesson. We explained that you could have fit a bus between our car and his bike and how we got to the point we were at. They knew the guy and said he is a hot head attorney and cited him for several traffic violations.

They held him there until we were long gone before they let him leave. That was one of they few days I was glad I had my 26 with me because I wasn't sure what the nut job was going to do and I sure as heck wasn't going to try and reason with him.

svtpwnz
05-25-2012, 11:20
I honestly don't get why people get so bent out of shape when driving a car. Something about driving a car turns some folks into major *******s. Then having the chones to chase someone down without having a clue what kind of situation they are getting themselves into. Glad to see you kept your cool OP and everything turned out without any big problems.

The_Gun_Guru
05-25-2012, 21:36
They held him there until we were long gone before they let him leave. That was one of they few days I was glad I had my 26 with me because I wasn't sure what the nut job was going to do and I sure as heck wasn't going to try and reason with him.

:wow:

So sorry you and your mom had to go through that.

We should have driven to the PD, which was a block over, but we just wanted to lose him and get out of there. Looking back I so wish I had the video going! Stupid me for not thinking outside the box! :steamed:

I honestly don't get why people get so bent out of shape when driving a car. Something about driving a car turns some folks into major *******s. Then having the chones to chase someone down without having a clue what kind of situation they are getting themselves into. Glad to see you kept your cool OP and everything turned out without any big problems.

My wife said the same thing - you have to have a HUGE pair to do what this maniac did! Think about it.....

Chasing a car with two men in it and NOT caring who these men are when you catch up to them. It's mind-boggling to me.

Thanks all for the kind words and support. It means a great deal to me!

TGG

Comedian
05-25-2012, 22:30

You should avoid fist fights as much as humanly possible, when carrying a pistol. The TS handled the situation well.

Bro KV
05-25-2012, 22:42
We had a guy coming to work and he got into it with a guy who chased him all the way into our parking lot. We heard the commotion and about 20 of us walked out the door into the parking lot. The guy looked at us and changed his tone and jumped back into his car and took off real quick.

carloglock19
05-26-2012, 02:56
"You're lucky I don't have a gun!" That sounds like a threat to me what was he going to do with the gun? Show it to you, talk about how much he likes it over lunch. Cranky old man or not WTF, glad you kept your cool I don't think I would be too happy with someone chasing us down and threatening my old man! The mans age should not be an excuse for his actions.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

The_Gun_Guru
05-26-2012, 07:32
I attribute his actions to just having a bad day. Maybe he had a fight with his wife, maybe he got some bad news about his health... I don't know.

Whatever the reason we all walked away and went about our business. I'm just glad that I had a great day at work because I've had bad days before and felt like shooting someone:rofl:

I'm kidding of course!

TGG

Darkangel1846
05-26-2012, 09:14
Never esculate a situation in road rage. If someone threatens you just call the LEOs , take a photo of the guys car and Lic. plate with your phone. Remember even if you have a gun, the other guy may have one also and be much better with it.:wavey:

Armchair Commando
05-26-2012, 14:56
while my dad was driving me home from work.

It seems we may have cut somebody off, although the other guy was purposely trying to NOT let us over, and it seemed to have REALLY angered him.

We tried to lose him (he was chasing us) and we thought we did because we pulled into a parking space at a doctor's office and didn't see him for about three minutes......until he pulls up behind us!!!:wow:

He gets out....we get out....and HE starts using profanity and threatening my dad. He tells ME that my dad is lucky that I'm there because if I wasn't he would kick his @$$ (I'm of above average build and it shows).

As many of you know I ALWAYS have my gun on me, even at work where it is against company POLICY, and so at no time was I ever threatened, especially since it was an old man about 75 or so:shocked: Yeah, I was shocked too!

Anyway, we had words and I told him to go home. Before he got back into his car I hear.....and I am quoting him:

I had to ask him to repeat it because I wasn't sure if I heard correctly! Not once did I let on that I had a gun on me. I didn't have my hand in my pocket or tell him that he didn't know who he was messing with.

It ended peacefully and I look back and wish I had my phone recording so I could post it on Youtube because I couldn't make this stuff up!

Just had to vent.....thanks for "listening".

TGG

Why are people such sissies now a days? He was threatening you and your dad and you did nothing? Wow dude bravo! I would of beaten his teeth down his throat while my dad was calling the cops!

Armchair Commando
05-26-2012, 14:59
I attribute his actions to just having a bad day. Maybe he had a fight with his wife, maybe he got some bad news about his health... I don't know.

Whatever the reason we all walked away and went about our business. I'm just glad that I had a great day at work because I've had bad days before and felt like shooting someone:rofl:

I'm kidding of course!

TGG

You can't just shoot everyone for every incident that can and will happen, You need to learn how to defend yourself with your hands and feet, knees and elbows. Hell headbutting is one of my favorite things to do!

WoodenPlank
05-26-2012, 15:04
Why are people such sissies now a days? He was threatening you and your dad and you did nothing? Wow dude bravo! I would of beaten his teeth down his throat while my dad was calling the cops!

Throwing the first punch is a fast way to earn a trip to the local jail. Let them bluster up to the point that the threat of a weapon is made, or a weapon is presented.

hogship
05-26-2012, 15:13

TGG

TGG.....

I would have been tempted to inform the old guy that if he had pulled a gun, it would have been the biggest mistake of his life.

Yes, I would have been tempted, but I most likely would have done exactly as you did.....You handled things the best way it could have been handled.

ooc

Foxtrotx1
05-26-2012, 16:31
You just told a cool story bro.

Jackalo626
05-26-2012, 16:37
You obviously chose the "high road" and exercised the proper behavior and demeanor for a person carrying concealed. Kudos to you for being prepared but not escalating the situation.
agreed

05-26-2012, 18:00
My father is not on Glock Talk.

I am!:wavey:

TGG
Really, does it matter? It's a lesson to all of us. Every time I read a "road rage" story, it's a good reminder for me. Seriously, you guys were lucky that guy was not armed and nuttier, because you never knew what could have happened. Two guys with guns in a confrontation is never a good thing.
If you don't think it was a good lesson (not cutting off people when they apparently don't want you to), fine, it's your skin.:wavey:

average nobody
05-26-2012, 18:46
I had a road rage incident a couple months ago, I hope those guys learned their lesson and arent stupid enough to do it again.

concretefuzzynuts
05-26-2012, 19:05
Hell headbutting is one of my favorite things to do!

Ummm...... never mind.

Comedian
05-26-2012, 19:09

And as soon as the cops got there, you would be going to jail for battery. Great plan you got there.

concretefuzzynuts
05-26-2012, 19:21
And as soon as the cops got there, you would be going to jail for battery. Great plan you got there.

Hey, Comedian, that wasn't funny. I want my time back.

WoodenPlank
05-26-2012, 19:28
Hey, Comedian, that wasn't funny. I want my time back.

I get the feeling you aren't familiar with his namesake..

JTSmith
05-26-2012, 19:29
You can't just shoot everyone for every incident that can and will happen, You need to learn how to defend yourself with your hands and feet, knees and elbows. Hell headbutting is one of my favorite things to do!

Sometimes the SN and avatar say it all.........

LawScholar
05-26-2012, 19:54

You have a very dangerous mindset as a person who owns firearms. You could very well end up in prison for use of unlawful force. Good luck.

The_Gun_Guru
05-26-2012, 22:03

WOULD HAVE!!!! You are confusing would of with WOULD'VE!!!!! It's called a contraction and I learned it in the second grade!!!!!!

Streetking? Maybe.

Grammar king? NOT SO MUCH!!!!!!!:wavey:

If some @$$ tried to headbutt me me I WOULD shoot him.

In FL it would be legal. Suck on that for a while.

TGG.....

I would have been tempted to inform the old guy that if he had pulled a gun, it would have been the biggest mistake of his life.

Yes, I would have been tempted, but I most likely would have done exactly as you did.....You handled things the best way it could have been handled.

ooc

Out of all the replies and opinions on here YOURS matters most!

Just thought you should know that.

You just told a cool story bro.

Thanks man! That truely means a lot to me!:thumbsup:

Really, does it matter? It's a lesson to all of us. Every time I read a "road rage" story, it's a good reminder for me. Seriously, you guys were lucky that guy was not armed and nuttier, because you never knew what could have happened. Two guys with guns in a confrontation is never a good thing.
If you don't think it was a good lesson (not cutting off people when they apparently don't want you to), fine, it's your skin.:wavey:

Lucky?

The only guy that was lucky here was the old fart that CHASED US!!!!!! I was ready for him to do something stupid. I am not a teenager, I have experienced life and know to EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!!! That is the #1 rule of driving in case you didn't know it. The #2 rule is PAY ATTENTION!!!!!

You have a very dangerous mindset as a person who owns firearms. You could very well end up in prison for use of unlawful force. Good luck.

He is obviously part of the problem!

I bet he rides one of those "crotch rockets" with his shirt off and no helmet! :rofl:

Frankly, I think I handled it correctly. Nobody got shot and everyone went home alive.

TGG

Stevekozak
05-26-2012, 22:35
What was your Pops doing while the old dude was ranting and raving?

22highcaps
05-27-2012, 05:26
It is for situations like this that the law needs to allow without penalty fights that two people mutually agree enter into. The gene pool would be a better place.

ZO6Vettever
05-27-2012, 05:51
Gym Lifts:
Bench: 405Lbs
Squat: 575Lbs
Deadlift:600Lbs

StreetKing, you should add...

"Capable of beating a 75 year old man's teeth down his throat".

You must be so proud!

Beretta92guy
05-27-2012, 06:16
In this sad, sick, pathetic world we live in now you just don't know the mindset of people and what they are capable of.......

If someone follows you, pulls in behind you and exits their vehicle to confront you about a traffic incident, then THEY are the aggressor......

I would not have pulled my gun either, Guru, but it sounds like this guy was just a hair away from it becoming a violent confrontation......

and i know this is wayyyyyyy off topic, but look what happened in the link below...Hell you cant even be NICE to people without getting the crap kicked out of you anymore....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/53-year-old-virginia-woman-attacked-after-returning-lost-iphone/?src=Outbrain

Blackshirts
05-27-2012, 09:03
I just told the lady "it's ok, he'll be dead soon".

I use this all the time. Or whenever my kids would get dirty looks from old people for being too loud in the store or something when they were little I would tell my kids, just loud enough for the person to hear, "they're just upset because soon you won't be pooping in your pants anymore and they will be".

ThatGuyDave
05-27-2012, 10:20
Good job keeping your cool. Seeing as how it was a 75 year old man, I dont know if I could have kept my cool. I would have either hollared back or laughed from the obsurdity of the situation.

The_Gun_Guru
05-27-2012, 13:05
What was your Pops doing while the old dude was ranting and raving?

He was standing there with me. I was doing most of the talking trying to keep the man calm. I was also watching his body language and his hands.

After about a minute of him ranting I knew he was harmless. I could tell that I wouldn't need to pull my gun....and that's a good thing!

TGG

dnuggett
05-28-2012, 10:04
I was going to post something about "StreetKing's" comment, however it has already been well played. Bravo gents, bravo.

TheExplorer
05-28-2012, 10:09
You did the right thing, but I still would have grabbed the plate number and called it in anyway. That way if this guy does this to anyone else it will be on record.

writwing
05-28-2012, 14:47
Getting out of your car..............bad mojo.

Armchair Commando
05-28-2012, 15:56
He was standing there with me. I was doing most of the talking trying to keep the man calm. I was also watching his body language and his hands.

After about a minute of him ranting I knew he was harmless. I could tell that I wouldn't need to pull my gun....and that's a good thing!

TGG

You didn't know anything ever watch videos of cops being murdered in the line of duty, a lot of times the perps are calm and non combative.

Armchair Commando
05-28-2012, 15:59
Your response:

"You know sir, you are the kind of person that gives gun owners a bad name. You are willing to murder someone over a mistake in traffic. Oddly enough, in this case, it would have cost you YOUR life".

Then reveal your pistol. Don't point it, don't threaten. He would realize how close he came.....

Me personally, I've never see a strip of pavement that was worth killing or dying for. But then, I let people over in traffic out of courtesy, and have learned to laugh at stupid drivers doing stupid things.

Brandishing a firearm is illegal. good way to catch a felony.

Inebriated
05-28-2012, 16:23
I have never really had anyone get crazy while I've been driving.

Although once me and my dad were driving home from the range on Christmas Eve, and stopped at Bass Pro that was connected to the mall. I had my 21 on me, open carrying (I'm 20, so I couldn't be concealing). My plan WAS to put the gun in the back when we got out, because the store is a hub for everyone in the area, there was traffic everywhere, and families were around... Just easier not to deal with the potential BS. Anyway, we were going to park, and this car came flying up behind my dad's truck, and held the horn. Not wanting to start anything, we stayed in the truck for a couple minutes, but he stayed on that horn. He eventually got out, and then I did. I made sure he saw the 21 on my side, and asked calmly "Problem?" He got back in his car as quick as he got out, and didn't say a word.

I stayed at the truck with the gun in the back, and made sure he didn't mess with the truck, which seems like something someone so angry about nothing would do.

The_Gun_Guru
05-28-2012, 17:58
Getting out of your car..............bad mojo.

How so?

You didn't know anything ever watch videos of cops being murdered in the line of duty, a lot of times the perps are calm and non combative.

Well, had he made ANY threatening moves whatsoever I would have tackled him....he was an old man! I was ready for it, trust me.

I had my 21 on me, open carrying (I'm 20, so I couldn't be concealing).

Man, I wish Rick Scott would give us OC!!!!:wavey:

TGG

Inebriated
05-28-2012, 18:49
Man, I wish Rick Scott would give us OC!!!!:wavey:

TGG

Me too, man. How sad is it that we've gotten to the point where we ask for someone to "give" us out rights?

I'm glad NC allows OC, but it still annoys me that it's not allowed in other places. I venture into SC quite a bit... it'd be nice to be able to OC there, but of course.... no go.

LawScholar
05-28-2012, 19:15
Brandishing a firearm is illegal. good way to catch a felony.

Wait, weren't you the one who made fun of him for not illegally beating up an old man for making solely verbal threats?

Make up your mind on what you are going to troll about.

05-28-2012, 20:30
Lucky?

The only guy that was lucky here was the old fart that CHASED US!!!!!! I was ready for him to do something stupid. I am not a teenager, I have experienced life and know to EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!!! That is the #1 rule of driving in case you didn't know it. The #2 rule is PAY ATTENTION!!!!!

TGG
OK, you win.
Great job! Well done! Attaboy Dave!:rofl: