Crossbreed - First Experience [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed - First Experience

SFla27
05-25-2012, 07:54
For those of you considering a CBST, consider yourselves in good hands.

My first experience was the following:

-Receive the holster within a few weeks.
-Try it on to get the best fit.
-Realize my 27 is riding a bit high and need to lower the holster.
-Remove retention screws and attempt to put together the retention assemblies one hole up on the leather backing.
-Have difficulty properly seating the back retention washer.
-To make a long story short, I sustain minor injuries. :embarassed:

After nearly stripping the bolt heads trying to properly seat the back washers, I send an email to Crossbreed for help.

I sent the email this morning at 8:23am.

I get a reply at 9:02am. :)

As I have no experience with working with leather, I am advised in their email response to lay a damp wash cloth on the back of the holster to moisten / soften up the leather prior to retention assembly.

Plus, they're sending out a full set of mounting hardware to replace the damaged screws, etc.. as a result of my previous assembly attempt.

This level of customer service can not be kept to myself. It must be shared. And so..this post.

Thanks Crossbreed. My faith hath been restored.

Have a great day!

SFla27

XDfense
05-25-2012, 12:00
I have a couple CB holsters. I've never needed customer support but have no doubt I would be in great hands. I've never read a negative thing about them.

TSAX
05-25-2012, 12:23
Glad your happy, Crossbreed has always taken care of me and their holster is fantastic. I know there are many other good holster makers of the kydex/leather combo but it would be hard to beat their customer service.

:50cal:

GlockFish
05-25-2012, 14:34
Crossbreed is the only holsters I'll buy now. I've been through a lot of different holsters. Crossbreed has been the best.

Folsom_Prison
05-25-2012, 14:59
Goin on two years with my supertuck for my 19, no issues what so ever!

PhantomF4E
05-25-2012, 17:35
I'm a fan . Simply great holsters, Good people , Great Americans. Who could ask for more ?!

glock2740
05-25-2012, 18:02
Congrats! I LOVE all 4 of my CBST's. 1911, XD, M&P and Glock. :cool:

Nakanokalronin
05-25-2012, 18:10
I bought one CBST holster and although it's nice, I'm going with Old Faithful holster from now on. Easy to put together for almost half of what a CBST costs plus you can just change out shells instead of buying a new holster.

Not knocking CBST holster but if you want another, I'd try these guys first. http://serve.mysmiley.net/winking/winking0006.gif

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/gun-holster-stage-3-forward-cant/

CBennett
05-26-2012, 07:53
they are ok. I got mine(Ruger sr9c) because they were one of the very few out there making them for that model early on. Its a comfortable and very adjustable holster. That said...I'd still take a RM Lowrider kydex over it. The one I had for my glock 23 was just as comfortable and concealable. And to boot they FINALLY make it for the sr9 c now also.....but back to the CBST..very nice holster and I'd consider another..but I'd consider a RM Lowrider first :-)

Houdini
05-26-2012, 16:03
I had the some problem now it works grat have no problem with the holster.

sawman1293
05-26-2012, 17:39
Be sure to check their seconds website for good deals. After buying 2 holsters and liking them, I found crossbreedseconds.com and have since bought 3 more at great prices!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine