Had my ATI Titan at range. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Had my ATI Titan at range.

Small Tony
05-25-2012, 11:53
I have been away for awhile but finally had a chance to get my new ATI Titan (and new Remington R1) to the range the other day.

First I was really impressed with this gun. It shot well and everything was nice tight and crisp.

My only issue was with the magazine. Seems the bottom of the mag was a little loose and had to hold the mag up my right hand pinky finger in order for me to rack the slide back and chamber a round.

However, once that first round was chambered I had no issues with the remaining bullets. I had no FTE or FTF.

So my question is should I buy a better magazine for it? If so which brand? Or call ATI and see if they will send me new one?

Thanks..

fnfalman
05-25-2012, 12:55
The proper way to load an autocycling firearm is to lock back the bolt/slide, then insert the mag and then release the bolt/slide to chamber a round.

Just sticking a fully loaded mag into the gun while the bolt/slide is forward usually causes all sorts of issues. The pressure of the mag spring pushing the top cartridge up against the bottom of the bolt/slide causes the mag to not go all the way up and locks in place against the mag catch.

If you want to do this, then slap the mag in hard. Some pistols/rifles don't have a bolt hold-open feature (AK for example), and have taken account for it, but most are meant to be loaded with the bolt/slide to the rear first.

Small Tony
05-25-2012, 13:01
The proper way to load an autocycling firearm is to lock back the bolt/slide, then insert the mag and then release the bolt/slide to chamber a round.

Just sticking a fully loaded mag into the gun while the bolt/slide is forward usually causes all sorts of issues. The pressure of the mag spring pushing the top cartridge up against the bottom of the bolt/slide causes the mag to not go all the way up and locks in place against the mag catch.

If you want to do this, then slap the mag in hard. Some pistols/rifles don't have a bolt hold-open feature (AK for example), and have taken account for it, but most are meant to be loaded with the bolt/slide to the rear first.

Thank you.