Prepared during holidays. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Prepared during holidays.

banger
05-25-2012, 14:43
Does anyone else, take extra precautions during recognized holidays.

I'm thinking holidays like, Memorial day, July fourth, Christmas, Thanksgiving, (don't laugh) Super Bowl Sunday.

Personally, I make sure each of my vehicles have their tanks topped off.

A case or two of water on hand.

I also avoid locations that are known to be crowded with people. Think beaches during the summer holidays. Christmas Eve at the shopping mall. Rockefeller center during the tree lighting, this kind of stuff.

Nothing radical, simply low key, but preps none the less.

HAMMERHEAD
05-25-2012, 15:18
I plan on enjoying the holiday and not taking any extra precautions. I have food, water, ammo and what nots on hand so I can concentrate on enjoying my time with my family.

wjv
05-25-2012, 15:47
I plan on enjoying the holiday and not taking any extra precautions. I have food, water, ammo and what nots on hand so I can concentrate on enjoying my time with my family.

This!

quake
05-25-2012, 15:47
+1 to what Hammerhead says. I'd be uncomfortable without the things you list, but have those on hand as a regular thing so holidays are just another day prep-wise. (With added cigar, perhaps.)

cowboy1964
05-25-2012, 17:39
A case or two of water? That's you're definition of "extra precautions"?

Easterbrook
05-25-2012, 20:13
A case or two of water? That's you're definition of "extra precautions"?

Perhaps he meant "a case or two of beer."

If so, then yes, I do take "extra precautions" during holidays.

Warp
05-26-2012, 00:01
Does anyone else, take extra precautions during recognized holidays.

I'm thinking holidays like, Memorial day, July fourth, Christmas, Thanksgiving, (don't laugh) Super Bowl Sunday.

Personally, I make sure each of my vehicles have their tanks topped off.

A case or two of water on hand.

I also avoid locations that are known to be crowded with people. Think beaches during the summer holidays. Christmas Eve at the shopping mall. Rockefeller center during the tree lighting, this kind of stuff.

Nothing radical, simply low key, but preps none the less.

I always have a minimum of 100 gallons of water on hand.

No, I don't do anything extra for holidays.

barbedwiresmile
05-26-2012, 06:44
I always buy extra beer before a holiday weekend.

lawman800
05-26-2012, 23:50
Nothing more than usual, I always have a full tank over a weekend and I have my other preps sorted so it's all the same.