Used Remington 1187 20g "lite" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Used Remington 1187 20g "lite"

collim1
05-25-2012, 21:43
A local shop I do alot of business with has one. It looks beautiful, has a few minor scratches on it, but is overall nice looking.

I want a gun for clays. I have only had pumps so I know nothing about semi-autos.

They are willing to let it go for $450 cash tax included.

What do ya'll think?

The wife said "not no, but eff no" but I do alot of business with them and they will give me no money down and no interest lay-a-way because I do alot of business with them and they I know I am good for it.

countrygun
05-25-2012, 21:47
One question. Does it have the "American" or the "English" grip? IE Pistol grip or straight?

collim1
05-25-2012, 21:49
One question. Does it have the "American" or the "English" grip? IE Pistol grip or straight?

pistol grip

countrygun
05-25-2012, 21:58
It's a "fair" price if you want a "light" 20 semi. Might find one for lesss but it that all depends on the local market. I wouldn't break the speed limit to get one at that price unless a really wanted one.

the english/straight grips were limited from my understanding and I know a couple of folks (me for one) looking for one and we expect to pay a bit more.
I heard about them about the time the 1187 started up so I am not positive if they were 1100s or 1187s

collim1
05-25-2012, 22:06
It's a "fair" price if you want a "light" 20 semi. Might find one for lesss but it that all depends on the local market. I wouldn't break the speed limit to get one at that price unless a really wanted one.

the english/straight grips were limited from my understanding and I know a couple of folks (me for one) looking for one and we expect to pay a bit more.
I heard about them about the time the 1187 started up so I am not positive if they were 1100s or 1187s

Wow, Ok. I was thinking that was too good a price to let it go. I'll be rethinking it now. Thanks.

countrygun
05-25-2012, 23:26
Don't get absolutely hung up on what I or anybody says as an absolute. IME shotguns like that tend to be very "regional in their used value depending on the area and on the demand. At the risk of offending the shotgun afficianados they tend to be kind of "clannish" about models and brands. If somebody at the club breaks 19/20 they start looking for the same kind of gun. But, for instance, in my area the number of bird hunters outweigh the trap and skeet folks so the market doesn't get the prices. A gun like that would be in the $350 + range depending on sellers urgency, If he took it in trade my LGS would probably put about what your are looking at on it and leave it in the rack as long as it took or it became a part of a trade. If it were an English gripped he knows a couple of us would eventually meet his price.

Sorry to be so wordy, I just think folks should know about the "regional" effect on what they expect to get or pay.