Judge dismisses gun charge

Bay Schools employee brought holstered pistol to district building

http://www.newsherald.com/news/judge-102999-panama-charge.html

Rally Vincent
05-26-2012, 12:11
Good, good.

FL Airedale
05-26-2012, 12:40
Good. It is against the law to bring a gun to a school, but this wasn't a school. The judge did the right thing.

The guy won't go to jail but he's still going to be out of work. It's his own fault.

boomhower
05-26-2012, 18:10
The guy won't go to jail but he's still going to be out of work. It's his own fault.

Says he was suspended without pay for two weeks but got to keep his job.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 19:50
The gentleman will very much need to pay attention to what he is doing in the future, else he will have problems. Glad the judge used common sense. Two weeks w/o pay is tough, but it's a lot better than being fired. Hopefully he will not face further unnecessary action by administration.

smokin762
05-26-2012, 21:00
I wonder if this was one of those, "Let me test the water" situations.

There always has to be the first person. I just can't afford the Lawyer fee's myself. :crying:

rvrctyrngr
05-27-2012, 05:04
Good. It is against the law to bring a gun to a school, but this wasn't a school. The judge did the right thing.

No he won't be. If the school board gives him ANY grief at all, we have a lawsuit waiting to go, and they know it.

noway
05-27-2012, 08:12
Good but why did this gun try something as dumb as bringing a open conceal gun into a school district?

the judge did make the right call, but the employee should have gotten a clear view of the schools districts policies and in regards to open carrying of a weapon on schools maintenance ground/building, etc.....