C1 vs C3: Studies? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : C1 vs C3: Studies?

BBSRQ
05-26-2012, 08:54
Mas, I've read alot of opinions regarding carrying Glocks (and similar pistols) in either a charged condition or not. Common sense tells me that C1 is faster but also less forgiving of human error. Are you aware of any studies/conclusions done on this subject? I've seen some very impressive videos of "Mossad Draws" that seem to say that, with training, a C3 can be a much safer yet effective way to carry but if there are documented, convincing studies showing a statistically greater chance of being shot first, obviously that would require some additional thought.

Mas Ayoob
05-26-2012, 09:07
No studies I'm aware of focusing on this topic.

Best bet, seriously, is to do your own study. A simple electronic gunshot timer is one of the best investments you can make in your own shooting skill analysis.

First, try comparative times two handed, making sure you don't lose sight of accuracy as a factor.

Then -- after at least a hundred repetitions with an empty gun, and hopefully some training from a professional instructor -- do the same thing one hand only.

Finally, using an UNSHOOTABLE dummy gun, try doing both with an aggressive partner in a hands-on force-on-force situation. I think, at the end, you'll see why I recommend carrying qualiity service autos such as the Glock with a round in the chamber, and suggest that those uncomfortable with a chambered round in such a gun simply switch to a double action revolver.

Best,
Mas