Sight question. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sight question.

Brucev
05-26-2012, 09:34
Once upon a time I owned a COLT Ser. 70 on which someone had thoughtfully installed MMC fixed sights. I liked them very much. Sadly that pistol is long gone.

Recently I found and bought a very nice SA-GI 1911-A1. I've been thinking... about the sights. What I'm considering is having a set of more user friendly fixed low profile combat type sights installed. I would like them to be zeroed for standard ball type 230 gr. FMJ ammo.

I have a nice RIA 1911 which one of our GT members kindly customized to better suit my needs. It has very low profile Millette sights with a adjustable rear sight that is very accurate and a real pleasure to use. So I do not have to be in a hurry about doing this. I figure over the next year I'll do a few things but nothing drastic. Suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.

cuba
05-26-2012, 10:04
I like the Heine Slant Staight Eight sight, I think that they are probably the best user friendly sights in the market, though not a true target sight, still very quik and accurate.

fnfalman
05-26-2012, 14:28
Hard to bet Novak.

G26AZ
05-26-2012, 18:20
I just recenlty put a set of Fusion Adjustable Night sights on my Commander and really like them. They are about the same size and height of the fixed Novaks that I had on before them.