Advantage tactical sight and low light [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advantage tactical sight and low light

jack76590
05-26-2012, 18:11
Mas,

You recently mentioned, that advantage tactical sights are good for old eyes.

I am thinking of giving them a try, as I don't like wearing "special glasses" when shooting my carry gun.

I like fact that rear sight slope down making it easier to pick up the front sight. At least, that is what I have heard.

My other concern is low light shooting. As a civilian, I am not going into vacant buildings, dark alleys, as a police officer might or beyond lights of civilization, as a park ranger. So do I really need tritium inserts? While advantage tactical has no tritium version at this time, I have heard they may in the future.

My low light situations are streets and parking lots, which generally have some lighting. How would advantage tactical sights work in these situtations? I was thinking they might be good/superior given the profile and relationship of rear sight to front sight, ie the rear sight would not often hide the front sight and front sight would stand out from rear sight.

Thanks for sharing your experience in this matter. Jack

Mas Ayoob
05-26-2012, 20:15
Cop or civilian, sights you can see in poor light never hurt. It turns out that if there's enough light to see your gun superimposed over the target, the distinctive triangle shape of the Advantage Tactical sight isn't hard at all to pick up in dim light.

Best,
Mas