Caracal F and Caracal C Video Review [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Caracal F and Caracal C Video Review

plouffedaddy
05-27-2012, 08:22
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/DSC01637.jpg

I've had these guns for about 3 weeks and I only wish I had them longer. Accuracy-great. Reliability-great. Ease of maintenance--great. Ergos---great for me. I really don't have a bad thing to say about these firearms. Some people bash them due to political reasons but I'm not a politician; I'm a shooter.

Here's a video review of some shooting, chronograph tests, and a tabletop review/discussion of the guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcILzQIObeI

Chronograph data

Caracal F:

124gr +p HSTs--1132fps. 353 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
124gr HSTs--1096fps. 331 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
115gr Rangers---1102fps. 310 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle

Caracal C:

124gr +p HSTs--1127fps. 350 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
124gr HSTs--1071fps. 316 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
115gr Rangers--1072fps. 304 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.

Rustin
05-27-2012, 10:08
Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to learn more about these new pistol's. They look like an excellent firearm. How is the recoil between the caracal and the Glock? It seems like the people who are able to get their hands on the caracal are reporting good things. I can't wait to get one out to the range. I wonder how much spare mags cost?

Good review, thanks.

TSAX
05-27-2012, 12:06
Thanks for the review, the rear sight swap is interesting.

:50cal:

plouffedaddy
05-27-2012, 14:05
. How is the recoil between the caracal and the Glock? It seems like the people who are able to get their hands on the caracal are reporting good things. I can't wait to get one out to the range. I wonder how much spare mags cost?

The recoil of the C feels pretty much the same as a G19, but I think the G19 is a very mild recoiling gun. I was just at the range with my mother in law (very inexperienced shooter, but she wants to learn) and she loved the Caracal C. She has only fired a G19 previously and she remarked how light the recoil was on the C so take that for what it's worth.

On the F model, it does seem to be extremely light recoiling; lighter than a G17. It feels like my G17L.

The spare mags are $20 at centerfiresystems.com which is where I got my guns too.

Raven1967
05-27-2012, 14:36
Great review and video! I own 3 Caracals standard F and two Quicksight models all have been flawless.Excellent gun for the money and shoot about any kind of ammo with no issues.

ftw13
05-27-2012, 20:29
they are excellent pistols. they sent larry vickers one to test out and he posted on m4c that he was impressed by it FWIW. wilhelm bubits is a great designer

jp3975
05-27-2012, 21:13
My only question is whether to get a PPQ or Caracal.

plouffedaddy
05-27-2012, 21:21
Well, I sold my PPQ and I'm not selling my Caracal; that's for sure. :supergrin:

The PPQ is a fantastic gun but the high bore axis just annoyed me. It was reliable and accurate--the two things I always look for in firearms, but it had the muzzle flip of a 40S&W in a 9mm gun:dunno:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/DSC00831.jpg

jp3975
05-29-2012, 07:22
Well, I sold my PPQ and I'm not selling my Caracal; that's for sure. :supergrin:

The PPQ is a fantastic gun but the high bore axis just annoyed me. It was reliable and accurate--the two things I always look for in firearms, but it had the muzzle flip of a 40S&W in a 9mm gun:dunno:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/DSC00831.jpg

Maybe Ill go with the caracal then. It will be a bit though.

Comedian
05-29-2012, 07:30
I just picked up a C. As soon as some ammo gets delivered, I'm going to take it to the range and put it up against my new FNS 9. Lets see which gets the prize.

plouffedaddy
05-29-2012, 16:49
I really like the FNS but I'd give the edge to the Caracal. It's close though; I'm a huge FN fan.

Both guns have very high tangs which I love for fast, accurate shooting :)

Comedian
05-29-2012, 22:30
I really like the FNS but I'd give the edge to the Caracal. It's close though; I'm a huge FN fan.

Both guns have very high tangs which I love for fast, accurate shooting :)

I haven't shot either yet, but i do like the controls on the FNS better than the Caracal. The slide stop and mag release are easier to actuate on the FNS. And Caracal needs to give some night sight options.

ftw13
05-29-2012, 22:58
Trijicon is making night sights for the Caracals,should be out soon

plouffedaddy
05-30-2012, 05:58
The slide stop and mag release are easier to actuate on the FNS

I find this funny because I 100% agree, but it's one of the reasons I like the Caracal better. I look at it as 'less chance you'll actuate them accidently.'

I guess that's why it's great that there are so many good guns on the market these days.

Gary1911A1
05-30-2012, 07:56
Trijicon is making night sights for the Caracals,should be out soon

That will be good news. I'd just like the rear notch to be wider than the factory on my C Model. Shot my 19 the same day, with the same ammo and I thought the Caracal recoiled lighter than the 19. One day I'll have to try the F Model.

plouffedaddy
05-30-2012, 12:19
It would be welcome news indeed. The more aftermarket support these guns get the better. They don't need much but I do like to run night sights on my defensive guns.

voyager4520
05-30-2012, 14:19
I hope they get a new importer soon. I want a .40 C model.

jp3975
05-30-2012, 20:06
Anyone tried the quick sites?

plouffedaddy
05-30-2012, 20:49
Yes. They do seem to quickly orient your eyes on the front sight which is helpful in close. I didn't go for them though because I don't have any problem picking up the front sight quickly but for people who tend to "bowl" or "fish" with their draw it may help.

ftw13
05-31-2012, 02:04
night sights are very much overrated,you will be point shooting in a defensive scenario. especially if it is in very close quarters,you wont be lining up your sights. practice point shooting you will benefit from it immensely. if you absolutely need glowing dots get some of the paint that has come out and dot them yourself

ozy
05-31-2012, 06:30
have an f and a c modles on ther way.
handled both extensively at the lgs.
had a couple of ppq and sold them after a short while- the recoil was way to flippy for me, the grip felt slippery and overall it wasn't for me.
i like the ergonmics of the caracal, and if it shoots as it look/feesl, it would be a great pistol going forward.surprisingly, several hoslter are already avaialbe for the caracals, which is a good thing.

Comedian
05-31-2012, 09:31
have an f and a c modles on ther way.
handled both extensively at the lgs.
had a couple of ppq and sold them after a short while- the recoil was way to flippy for me, the grip felt slippery and overall it wasn't for me.
i like the ergonmics of the caracal, and if it shoots as it look/feesl, it would be a great pistol going forward.surprisingly, several hoslter are already avaialbe for the caracals, which is a good thing.

Agree about the PPQ in 9mm. The recoil is perfectly controllable, but if i want to feel like I'm shooting a 40, i will get an actual 40.

ozy
06-03-2012, 11:44
just return from the range with my caracal f&c.
about a 1000 rounds thru both, without a hitch or any malfunction.
these pistols are just great! very light recoil, terrificly accurate and solid , crisp and fast trigger right out of the box.
night sight are an absolute must. as are after market holsters ,parts ,etc.
i find the caracals suprior to my former ppq ,khars, hkp30,p-99,xd and xdm in every facet.
am i ready to blanket -wrap my glocks? defenitely not any time soon, but the caracals have proven to be fomidable alternatives and then some.

Gary1911A1
06-05-2012, 05:54
just return from the range with my caracal f&c.
about a 1000 rounds thru both, without a hitch or any malfunction.
these pistols are just great! very light recoil, terrificly accurate and solid , crisp and fast trigger right out of the box.
night sight are an absolute must. as are after market holsters ,parts ,etc.
i find the caracals suprior to my former ppq ,khars, hkp30,p-99,xd and xdm in every facet.
am i ready to blanket -wrap my glocks? defenitely not any time soon, but the caracals have proven to be fomidable alternatives and then some.

Plus my Caracal C doesn't throw brass back at me like my Glock 19 does. I want a F, but funds are low.

Comedian
06-05-2012, 07:10
Well i brought the Caracal C and the FNS to the range to duke it out. The Caracal wins in every dept. I was shocked at how accurate the Caracal was. It was PPQ level accurate. But i did have 3 malfunctions out of 363 rds fired in the Caracal. The 1st was a failure to eject, next was a failure to feed and the last was a premature slide lock with rds still in the magazine. All the issues were with WWB 115 gr FMJ's. Fed HST 147 & 124 gr functioned fine.

I just picked up an F model and i will try different ammo and see how it goes with the F and C going forward. If all goes well, the Caracal's will replace my Glocks.

Cobra64
06-05-2012, 16:02
Thanks! Excellent review, very thorough, and professional presentation.

ftw13
06-06-2012, 23:47
i encourage anyone who hasn't to try these pistols,they are the best bang for your buck at 399 delivered. i couldn't be happier. i'll probably buy a compact model with quick sights in addition to my regular compact.

DaBurna
06-07-2012, 07:55
Cool Beans... Thanks Dude... I was on their website... The new subcompact will be available this fall... Slick pics on their website too!! I'm intrigued... Habib may have something here!
http://www.caracal.ae/new/caracal-sc.php#description-tab

sharp
06-07-2012, 23:50
My only question is whether to get a PPQ or Caracal.

I have both and love both...they are great shooters. It would be difficult picking one or the other!

jp3975
06-08-2012, 05:34
I have both and love both...they are great shooters. It would be difficult picking one or the other!

Thanks.

I think Ive made my mind up now though. With the price being cheaper, and most people who have fired/owned both saying they preferred the caracal...I plan to make it my next purchase.

Now I just have to decide whether I should sell the Steyr or wait a while to buy the Caracal.

ozy
06-08-2012, 06:02
i encourage anyone who hasn't to try these pistols,they are the best bang for your buck at 399 delivered. i couldn't be happier. i'll probably buy a compact model with quick sights in addition to my regular compact.

i agree wholeheartedly. the caracals are terrific pistols!
btw,i beleive that they can benefit from some lubing on all of their metal- to- metal parts.

Gary1911A1
06-08-2012, 08:03
Thanks.

I think Ive made my mind up now though. With the price being cheaper, and most people who have fired/owned both saying they preferred the caracal...I plan to make it my next purchase.

Now I just have to decide whether I should sell the Steyr or wait a while to buy the Caracal.

I'd wait and make sure the Caracal is right for you. I like my Compact enough I would buy the full size one, but that doesn't mean you will like your Caracal too. It's an Chevy vs Ford thing.