Does anyone make their own? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make their own?

Sendarr
05-27-2012, 11:21
Laundry soap? My GF learned to make it from her grandmother and we make all our own. It works pretty good, and is way cheaper than buying it from walmart. You can make it whatever scent you like, or none.

Just curious if anyone else does, or opinions on it.

dissthis
05-27-2012, 16:12
My wife just made 5 gallons of our own laundry soap...I wish I could say she is getting into prepping...her motivation was to have a chemical free soap to wash our clothes with.

She also made homemade shampoo.

She is working on a homemade sunscreen too...she hasn't had time to make it yet.

BORNGEARHEAD
05-27-2012, 16:22
Subscribed.

DrSticky
05-27-2012, 16:40
So do you have a good recipe you are willing to share?

Sendarr
05-27-2012, 16:52
I'll get the recipe from her and post it. They're all cheeeap things at Walmart. She cooks it on the stove and then pours into a 5gal bucket with a lid. I used it and it worked pretty good. One of the kids has a skin issue and she's used it fine.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

M1A Shooter
05-27-2012, 17:09
i use a recipie i thinki got from here or pacticalpreps maybe. its fels naptha soap, borax and washing soda. bar of soap gets grated and melted down, half a cup of one ad a cup of the other, cant remember which off he top of my head, and then mixed into a 5G bucket.

arclight610
05-27-2012, 17:19
i use a recipie i thinki got from here or pacticalpreps maybe. its fels naptha soap, borax and washing soda. bar of soap gets grated and melted down, half a cup of one ad a cup of the other, cant remember which off he top of my head, and then mixed into a 5G bucket.

We use the dry version of this recipe. 2c Borax, 2c Washing Soda, 1 bar of Fels Naptha grated. Mix all together. We use 1 tablespoon per load.

Sendarr
05-27-2012, 17:20

I know for sure we use the naptha and borax, grated and melted like you said

Sendarr
05-27-2012, 17:22
She adds something for fragrance also

Sendarr
05-27-2012, 19:56
My wife just made 5 gallons of our own laundry soap...I wish I could say she is getting into prepping...her motivation was to have a chemical free soap to wash our clothes with.

She also made homemade shampoo.

She is working on a homemade sunscreen too...she hasn't had time to make it yet.

Can you share the shampoo recipe? I'd be interested in the sunscreen too if it ever comes about :cool: