Glockmeister Guide Rods for a CCW pistol? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glockmeister Guide Rods for a CCW pistol?

bcj128
05-30-2012, 11:09
I have a new to me G30SF as an off-duty CCW weapon. I just had my local Glock rep go over it and I put all new springs in. I have to say I hate the new RSA's look. It just looks so cheap with the stamped metal base and riveted onto the rod.

I was considering buying a Glockmeister RSA (either blackened stainless or tungsten ) but was wondering the wisdom of using such a part on a gun that I may have to use in self defense. Also, how do they perform, are they as reliable as the Glock part? They do appear to be more substantial than the Glock part...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

GlocK_W0rK
05-30-2012, 13:22
Can't speak on Glockmeister, but I do know that I put a LWD in my Gen 3 G17 and experienced my first malfunction. Put the OEM guide rod back in and it ran flawlessly again. I've also heard a lot of other shooter's experiences whose Glocks malfunctioned when running an aftermarket guide rod, and again, when they switched back to OEM, the problems ceased. For a carry piece, I would stay with the OEM guide rod.

Foxtrotx1
05-30-2012, 13:27
You should know, before going down the silly road of making the pistol "better," that Glocks run even after the guide rod has broken. The guide rod is simply a spring guide for re assembling the firearm. It's not a part that affects the pistols ability to fire.

There is a video online where a G19 was shot till the rod melted and fell out the front, the pistol continued to fire fine.

SJ 40
05-30-2012, 14:37
For my money it's hard to beat a factory RSA for all of eight bucks,that and your Glock will function,JMO. SJ 40

guns54
05-30-2012, 15:54
Whats wrong with yours?

lyodbraun
05-30-2012, 16:41
I have the Glockmeister guide rod in my 30SF I got the all black one and have put around 800 to 900 rounds thru it with the rod and have had not one problem with it, I like it much better than the stock one if you stand a stock RSA next to the new Stainless one you can see the difference and also the stock one has a bend to it...

AWGD8
05-30-2012, 17:02
I have the stainless one for my Glock 39. The stock spring was giving me a hard time disassembling the gun. Sometimes the metal part of the stock rod scratches the inside part of the frame and sometimes wedge in there and I could not be able to remove the slide. I had it and decided to get the glockmeister...

The best investment so far. If you are carrying, the tungsten will add more weight than the stainless one.

barth
05-30-2012, 17:04
I bought 1 competition tungsten and 3 various SS RSAs for my G27.
After some failures to fully go into battery I returned to a Glock OEM RSA
and have never looked back.

I bet it ain't broke, so what are you trying to fix anyway? LOL!

Bello
05-30-2012, 18:27
I'm not gonna lie when I say everyone's guide rods are garbage compared to bt guide rods! Google them!

Rancho_Nirvana
05-30-2012, 18:41
I was considering the wolff RSA...

But after watching these sort of threads at GT closely of late, I believe I will just continue to run that part in a stock configuration for now...

It works.

lyodbraun
05-30-2012, 19:09
I'm not gonna lie when I say everyone's guide rods are garbage compared to bt guide rods! Google them!

yes they are very nice for sure but kinda on the expensive side, I might have to try one out here soon do you have a BT Rod in your Glock ? and if so hows it working ??

whitey4311
05-30-2012, 19:21
I use the wolff rod and springs. 11,500 rounds tested in competition and I trust it for CCW. this is or a 21sf

AK74play
05-30-2012, 19:43
I have Glockmeister stainless rods in 15 of my 18 Glocks, the other 3 have Wolf rods and springs. They are 100% and allow you to change spring weights in seconds for different loads. PLUS, you only buy them once because they cant break like the factory plastic peice can. AND I KNOW, I KNOW, even when it breaks the gun will still run UNTIL you take it apart then you wont be able to get it back togather and depending on where it breaks and how it breaks it could stop your pistol in it's tracks. I have seen this happen twice depending on where it breaks and where the parts go. This doesn't happen very often but for my peice of mind on the pistols I carry to possible protect my life or that of my wife and kids, I'll stick with the can't break option every time. :supergrin:

GlocK_W0rK
05-30-2012, 23:40

Completely overpriced and unnecessary.

Bello
05-31-2012, 04:55
yes they are very nice for sure but kinda on the expensive side, I might have to try one out here soon do you have a BT Rod in your Glock ? and if so hows it working ??

Yes in my competition 35 it's worth every penny compared to the other "garbage" I've seen the last few years!

Bello
05-31-2012, 04:55
Completely overpriced and unnecessary.

I guess to the average joe! But run and gun it still is unbeatable

BuckyP
05-31-2012, 05:32
I run the Wolf in my G30 and G27. They have been flawless, and when you cycle the action it just feels smoother (no creaking like my stock G30 assembly).

:dunno:

unit1069
05-31-2012, 05:35
I didn't have any problems with the stock Glock G-32 guide rod but I installed a Wolff stainless steel rod and uncaptured Wolff 20# spring anyway.

The Wolff system has noticeably reduced muzzle flip, not just in my opinion but in the opinion of all the several people who've shot both systems side-by-side.

I had no malfunctions with the original Glock system and I've had no malfunctions with the Wolff system. The inside of the slide shows no wear at all or any signs of bad fit.

GlocK_W0rK
05-31-2012, 23:39
I guess to the average joe! But run and gun it still is unbeatable

OEM beats it.

Bello
06-01-2012, 10:49
OEM beats it.

Lol ok thanks kiddo!

sa227driver
06-01-2012, 10:58
The Glockmeister stainless guide rod in my G19 sometimes would not allow the pistol to go back into full battery. OEM guide rodnever have had a problem. I learned my $25 lesson. :-D

GlocK_W0rK
06-01-2012, 16:09
Lol ok thanks kiddo!

You're welcome. No aftermarket Glock guide rod assembly is worth 5x the amount of an OEM replacement.