Spent the evening at the Hospital [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spent the evening at the Hospital

Bullman
05-31-2012, 21:05
We had a little accident today. Sarah was pushing Ginni and Edward in a sort of porch swing on an A frame. She pushed a bit to hard and pushed the frame over and it landed on her head. Lots of blood but in the end, she didn't even get a stitch. She has been pronounced as having a Knot on her head.

:bigsighofrelief:

tous
05-31-2012, 21:10
Welcome to parenthood. :hugs:
Good that the kiddo is well.
Remember to josh her about having a hard head until she's 46.

:wavey:

HandyMan Hugh
06-01-2012, 00:39
Hoo boy, BTDT. It's never fun. Glad the little one is OK.

dango
06-01-2012, 13:10
Glad she was alright. I can't wait till my son has his own children
They have no idea !

Bullman
06-01-2012, 15:11
OH, I can't wait till my hero 3 year old is old enough to turn whats left of my hair white.

tous
06-01-2012, 16:49
You crop dust the hospital?

Bullman
06-01-2012, 18:26
Nah, the little girl done did scare the poop out of me, didn't have anything left for the folks at the hospital.

SevenSixtyTwo
06-01-2012, 19:18
The little knothead will probably be more careful now! Glad it was a minor bump.

El_Ron1
06-01-2012, 20:32
:hugs:

smith10
06-01-2012, 20:44
Glad she is OK Kev. :holycow:

69stingray
06-01-2012, 21:25
Welcome to parenthood.

tous summed it up pretty well. Glad she's okay!

Ray

bustedknee
06-01-2012, 21:47
Glad she is OK.
Something you would go through for her if you could. But you can't.

I remember our little girl, first time, going down the steps head-first. Blood everywhere!

My wife screamed and panicked. I was a young Airman with just First Aid training but apparently that was enough because I sent my wife for a towel. By the time she got back I had stopped the bleeding and by the time we got to the base hospital we were playing and laughing.

I signed Betty up for the next First Aid class and she has been taking car of me now for ..mmnfx... years.

You can tell us, who panicked at your house?

Paul53
06-01-2012, 23:59
Lots of small blood vessels in the scalp. Small wounds bleed like stink and scare the beejeebers out of people, especially parents. You really cant bleed to death from a scalp wound unless there's like a chainsaw or something involved. Glad everybody's OK.

Bullman
06-02-2012, 02:09
I couldn't really panic, I wasn't there when it happened. I was working overtime, but I got there before the ambulance left. At any rate, I have been doing what I do now for 20 + years now and kinda got the panic part wore out of me.

smokin762
06-02-2012, 10:45
Good to hear your daughter is going to be fine.

As a parent myself, I know how shaken a person can get when their child gets injured. I hate those trips to the E.R.

gruntmedik
06-02-2012, 12:48
Why was there lots of blood in the end? :dunno: Unless, of course, you were talking about the top end. :rofl:

Glad it weren't worse. :hugs: Kids have a way of testing our hair's ability to keep color, and keep attached.

kcb
06-02-2012, 20:53
OH, I can't wait till my hero 3 year old is old enough to turn whats left of my hair white.

Glad she's okay, Bullman!

My hubby had a full head of hair when God blessed us with two little girls.

BUT raising them up to the dating age, my hubby lost quite a bit of that hair. Now that they are both married, what is left of his hair is quite white, including the goatee that he sports.

(It's actually quite hot, now. That just tells you that MY taste, as well as many other women I know, has grown old with HIM, too! :rofl: ) :supergrin:

Dinky
06-04-2012, 06:51
Kevin, glad all is well and give the little knothead a hug from me.....:wavey:

Bullman
06-04-2012, 07:11

I should probably explain this a little better. when the swing frame came down, it knocked Sarah down and trapped her, the swing itself landed on top of Ginni and she couldn't get up either. Edward was the only one that was free. Ginni sent him inside to get the phone so she could call for help, she also sent him in to get a towel for Sarah's head. He was the little hero of the day, and it marks one of the few times that he listened and did what he was told to do:whistling:

HerrGlock
06-04-2012, 07:36

Looking at your Avatar, did Bull drag you into this house of ruffians?

Bull, one thing I've always gotten a kick out of is the fact that even the smallest, no stitches necessary, head wound bleeds like you came in second in an axe fight.

Glad it's turning out as a lesson and nothing that's gonna last.

bustedknee
06-04-2012, 13:28
Looking at your Avatar, did Bull drag you into this house of ruffians? ....

Yep.
He gave me a shooting lesson once. Pulled a new unfired 10mm out of the box and shot a 480 score.

Also, he's originally from OK and I spent a lot of time during my career in Oklahoma. It is my adopted second home.

So we converse without the accent problem.

HerrGlock
06-04-2012, 14:28
Yep.
He gave me a shooting lesson once. Pulled a new unfired 10mm out of the box and shot a 480 score.

Also, he's originally from OK and I spent a lot of time during my career in Oklahoma. It is my adopted second home.

So we converse without the accent problem.

Damn, I might have to go visit Hillsville this year even if the cousins aren't there. If I remember rightly it's Bull's turn to buy dinner :animlol:

Bullman
06-04-2012, 15:17
If you do make it to Hillsville this year, give me some warning so I can work a few extra traffic days to pay for the Peking.

tous
06-04-2012, 19:12
If you do make it to Hillsville this year, give me some warning so I can work a few extra traffic days to pay for the Peking.

HerrGlock can haz get out of jail free card?