Lightning Strike Technology [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Strike Technology

cminzey
06-01-2012, 10:57
If you are considering these people to build you a gun then read this first this is what happened to me . And now I have to sue them to get my money and original slide back. And I am not the only person to have a problem with them !

I contracted this company to do work on a Colt Officers model 1911 they were to build a complete upper assembly in the caliber 10mm on 9/20/2010. I was told the gun would be finished in 6 to 8 weeks. after 12 weeks I called and couldnt get an answer for weeks then they finally answered and said it would be a few more weeks, Then I emailed and called for 3 months and when they made contact they said it was done but still no gun, through all of 2011 I kept getting the run around I was told it was being shipped every month but still no gun, Finally at the end of Dec they said the gun was done and it would ship Jan 2012 but again still no gun then after complaining with various agency the gun arrived in March 2012 the gun was unfinished and not what i had asked for ,plus it was missing the original colt officers upperin 45 which was to be returned, I called and They said it was shipped with the gun. But the gun was left on my door step and I talked with FedEx and they felt that the upper was not in the box to begin with but paid a claim in the amount of 100.00. Now on to the gun it was not fitted properly to the frame as I have sent the gun to another Gun smith and heres a copy of his email.
Chuck
I will give you a call Friday. I have inspected your gun and it is not
good. We can discuss in detail.
The short list is:
Barrel and bushing not set up right. Each time the slide goes back, the
bushing runs into the barrel and is being pushed out the front of the
slide. Bushing is damaged and so is slide.
Barrel feet are not cut correctly for short slide guns.
Talk to you Friday.
Alan

cuba
06-01-2012, 11:47
:dunno: It's easy to proof whether they shipped your 45 acp component or not, most freight services weigh the parcel prior to shipping.

okie
06-01-2012, 12:34
I'm so sorry for your troubles my friend. I hope you can get everything taken care of:angel:

dmdmx2
06-09-2012, 22:36
Please make sure you file a complaint with the BBB to protect someone who may be thinking of doing business with this lousy company. It really helps others out. Thanks and so sorry for your horrible experience!