Glock 10mm best semi ever made [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 10mm best semi ever made

purrrfect 10
06-01-2012, 16:18
OK Calling All 10mm Glock owners to make a mark here, SPEAK OUT about your 10mm Glocks. Let keep this post going, talk about your experiences and the fun you have had shooting your Glocks.

I'm so impressed with my G20 I really don't know why anyone would wanted any other pistol, Ya OK 9's are cheaper ammo but you get what you pay for, If you ever have to make the longer shot :perfect10: Speak out All you 10 guys and gal.

KenMac
06-01-2012, 16:28
I love my G29sf. It's the only 10mm that can be stuck in your pocket while you're working........in a not-so-friendly area.

G36shooter
06-01-2012, 16:45
Been working on a lot of different loads for my 20. Great all around cartridge. :supergrin:

BicycleDay43
06-01-2012, 16:48
Lol..the best semi ever made? I swear..Glock has a propoganda system worse than the U.S. Marine Corps and the Soviet Union combined.

Taterhead
06-01-2012, 16:52
I can't say that there is a best.

That being said, I shoot my G20 in IDPA and guys, mostly curious, ask me all the time why I chose a Glock 20. I never really know where to begin:

Versatility of loads. Load 'em hot or load 'em light.
Extremely reliable platform
Easy to shoot, maintain, and operate
Concealed carry is not out of the question (do it regularly)
Nice magazine capacity
Precise shooting
Etc.
Etc.

I love my G20.

Taterhead
06-01-2012, 16:56
Lol..the best semi ever made? I swear..Glock has a propoganda system worse than the U.S. Marine Corps and the Soviet Union combined.

Now you've done it:

...insulted Glock and the US Marine Corps in the same sentence.

:popcorn:

Breadman03
06-01-2012, 16:56

Easy there Army Dog! :supergrin: (Jarhead here).

I just got a 29SF, but haven't got to the range yet. The trigger feels better than the 26 I traded in for it. Now I just have to figure a way to get a 20SF. I also noticed that the rounds feed more smoothly than the 26 or 35. I assume the longer cartridge doesn't rotate as abruptly when the bullet hits the feed ramp.

BicycleDay43
06-01-2012, 17:05
Now you've done it:

...insulted Glock and the US Marine Corps in the same sentence.

:popcorn:

It's fine. Everything will be alright. Just breathe in and out slowly.

Angry Fist
06-01-2012, 17:07
On the 8th day, God kicked Gaston square in the ass and said BUILD THE 10MMs!

dm1906
06-01-2012, 19:34
My G20 is certainly at the top of my long list of favorites. However, I love all my handguns equally. Unfortunately lately, my G20 is the one I shoot the least (I have to settle for my other 10's). When I have friends over for a shoot day (almost every Sunday afternoon, I have a rifle/pistol/archery/trap range at my home), a lot of 10mm ammo goes away, and it ain't me doin' it. They love it too. I'm gonna cut them off, so they'll have to get their own! Maybe I can shoot mine again, someday.....

bac1023
06-01-2012, 20:24
I love my G29sf. It's the only 10mm that can be stuck in your pocket while you're working........in a not-so-friendly area.

You must have some big pockets...

darkparadox
06-01-2012, 20:42
Curious to know what type of pocket holster you're using for the G29 ? I've considered it with cargo pants

dm1906
06-01-2012, 21:36

No doubt. A G29 (or 30) is not small by any measure. It's less large than it's daddy, but that's about it.

took
06-01-2012, 22:51
My G29 is my do all handgun, I carry it in the woods, wal-mart and it stands guard on the night stand. Now that is a truly versatile handgun

purrrfect 10
06-02-2012, 04:50
My G29 is my do all handgun, I carry it in the woods, wal-mart and it stands guard on the night stand. Now that is a truly versatile handgun

Yes I carry my G20 comfortably in my Hunter pro ride at 2:30. hold it very tight to my body with perfect forward cant hides well.

Going to the range again today I wish I could post pictures here I would like to share the fun. But when I try to load a pic, it says I have to many when I go to attachment it says none I have emailed GT many time and I get no help.

swinokur
06-02-2012, 05:02
Yes I carry my G20 comfortably in my Hunter pro ride at 2:30. hold it very tight to my body with perfect forward cant hides well.

Going to the range again today I wish I could post pictures here I would like to share the fun. But when I try to load a pic, it says I have to many when I go to attachment it says none I have emailed GT many time and I get no help.

Go to user CP and delete some of the attachments

dpadams6
06-02-2012, 05:13

What ammo do you carry? Do you use stock or aftermarket rsa?

Ethereal Killer
06-02-2012, 08:49
Man I dont know about "the best semi ever made".

I would probably put the Glock 19 on top 3 for sure, with maybe the 1911 in there somewhere down the short list (even tho I would never own one).

I think if you got all scientific and asked folks what the best 3 semi auto pistols made are, that the G19 would probably be in the top 3 for almost everyone and the g20SF would probably only be in those folk's list who appreciate a good woods gun (amongst which it arguably may be the best semi)

I held a 29SF the other day to see what the fuss was about and it sure is a sweet little gun. oddly enough it's because it feels a LOT like a G19.

best semi ever tho? no

Ethereal Killer
06-02-2012, 08:55
Curious to know what type of pocket holster you're using for the G29 ? I've considered it with cargo pants

I tried it in my Riggs pants and it fit OK. wouldnt be real fast to draw but it fit and came out without a lot of drama

Cwlongshot
06-02-2012, 08:55
There is a reason the "scale " goes 1-10 and 10 is the best. ;)

LOVE me G20!

CW

purrrfect 10
06-02-2012, 09:09
There is a reason the "scale " goes 1-10 and 10 is the best. ;)

LOVE me G20!

CW

I agree 110%
G20 fits in my paw a Perrrfect :perfect10:

Travelin' Jack
06-02-2012, 09:23
I agree. I love my Glock 20SF and 29SF. Now if they'd just make a Glock 36 in 10mm I'd be 100% 10mm in my carry lineup, except the occasional Ruger LCP appearance.

uzimon
06-02-2012, 10:25
who has the rant about the legendary 10mm vaporizing power?:supergrin:

WeeWilly
06-02-2012, 11:21
I have always been a slow evolver. For the longest period of time in my life, if you asked me what the all around best handgun you ever owned, I would have answered my old Model 19. Ultra accurate, lots of HP, the pinnacle of reliability. The downside obviously being capacity between reloads and it didn't make the biggest of holes.

I have had and loved many semi handguns in my time, 1911's of course the standouts here, up until fairly recently.

Lately I discovered the large frame Glocks (having only shot 9's and 40's for years) and have to say I think I am actually there when it comes to the ultimate handgun. Top, top honors have to go to my G20SF and G29SF, although my G21SF loaded with my favorite Super loads is pretty darn close.

There are still days though when I wonder what the heck I was thinking trading that old Model 19 away, I was like Wyatt Erp with that gun...

TDC20
06-02-2012, 12:37
It's difficult for me to say there is any "perfect" anything, whether it be a gun, car, computer, etc. It seems like everything worthwhile has many good points, along with a few tradeoffs that I can live with.

I was a Glock hater until about 10 yrs ago when a state trooper let me fire his G22, with the dept. standard 3.5lb connector installed. It was sweet! Accurate, easy on recoil, and a much better trigger than I imagined possible with a striker-fired pistol. The biggest drawback to Glocks is that I still think they're ugly. But as an everyday tool for protecting your life, it's hard to beat what Glock has done with these pistols.

So, amongst Glocks, the G20 is definitely the king in terms of power (manageable power, too). And in terms of other 10mm pistols, there may be more accurate custom pistols out there, with sweet SA triggers, but it's hard to find anything that can compare with the capacity and what you get for the cost of a G20.

So when you add it all up, the good things are
- Power
- Capacity
- Cost
- Maintainability
- Accuracy (precision)
- Reliability

And in my list of negatives are
- Ugliness
- DAO trigger (but only a slight negative because it is very manageable)

It's a no-brainer for me. The G20 is definitely a winner!

ModGlock17
06-02-2012, 14:52
Of all my Glocks, the G20 gives me the most confidence in what it can do and where I can direct the projectiles to. It has the best "feel" of all the Glocks.

I do have the 6" KKM and a modified trigger on it. I think the trigger is in neighborhood of 1 lbs, based the feel of a rifle I have that has a 5 ounce trigger.

uzimon
06-02-2012, 16:37
who has the rant about the legendary 10mm vaporizing power?:supergrin:

-10mm is so awesome, it beat Lootie to all the good beer.
-Fred Thompson wants 10mm as his vice-presidential candidate.
-10mm is why bad things happen to bad people.
-Iran's nuclear program is a cover up for trying to build a 10mm pistol.
-10mm is so awesome, it wards off vampires and werewolves.
-Clint Eastwood wanted Dirty Harry to carry a 10mm, but they hadn't invented it yet so he had to settle for the .44 Magnum.
-Jack Bauer isn't manly enough for the 10mm.
-The only way to carry a man-purse and not look gay is to put a 10mm into it.
-The Roman Empire collapsed because they stopped sacrificing virgins to a 10mm handgun left behind by an irresponsible time-traveler.
-NASA mounts 10mm guns to all their spaceshuttles to take out Soviet satellites.
-Anyone who disses 10mm is probably a godless commie.
-Eskimos have fifty words for snow, but their word for 10mm is synonimous with 'asskicking'.
-You ever wonder why aliens never visit us? We invented 10mm and now they're too scared to reveal themselves.
-Oppenheimer helped invent the atom bomb, but what he really wanted was a 10mm.
-10mm is so awesome, it would have replaced the Mk.19 but the army wanted to give the enemy a sporting chance.
-10mm is so awesome, it kicked Bill Clinton's dog the day he entered office.
-10mm is so awesome, it's the only 80's fad that's still cool.
-Titanic was actually the result of an ND with a 10mm. My bad.
-Movie tough guys smoke unfiltered cigarettes, 10mm smokes bad guys.
-10mm is so awesome, it once made some kid crap his pants.
-Ninja are only visible to people who carry a 10mm.
-10mm is responsible for bad Chuck Norris jokes.
-The 10mm is so awesome, the bullet actually hits the target before the primer goes off. LOL
-The Death Star from Star Wars: A New Hope was actually a transport ship for 6 linked 10mm pistols and 1 billion round of ammunition.
-Therefore, it only takes 6 10mm bullets to destroy a planet.
-The craters on the moon were caused by a drunk redneck with a 10mm.
-The Grand Canyon was created when an Arfcommer tried to bumpfire a 10mm AR-15.
-Don't tell the Russians, but the only weakness of the M1A1 Abrams MBT is the 10mm.
-If you shoot a 10mm out of the front of a jet airplane going Mach 2.5, it creates a black hole and the quantum flux pattern destroys all sentient life within 3700 meters.
-The 10mm is the reason that mainland USA has never been invaded.
-Chris Angel is so amazing because he carries a 10mm cartridge in his pocket.
-Smith and Wesson tried to make up for the .40 S&W by inventing the .500 S&W Magnum. It only slightly surpasses the 10mm in power, but it's nowhere near as cool.
-Cycling the slide of a 10mm automatic pistol is more effective on burglars than racking the slide of a shotgun.
-10mm is so awesome, it's the cause of global warming.
-10mm is the only caliber Chuck Norris fears.
-10mm is so awesome, when it was loaded, the cartridge jumped up and punched Sarah Brady in the face.
-No matter what you shoot with it, 10mm will kill it deader than a hippie under an Israeli bulldozer.
-.40 S&W is a 10mm set on Stun.
-You wanna know why dinosaurs are extinct? Time-traveling 10mm fanatics.
-10mm is so awesome, that Jeff Cooper invented a gun just for it.
-10mm is so awesome, it blows aliens apart in a spray of acid.
-You know that scene in Saving Private Ryan, where the Captain shot the panzer with his pistol and it exploded? Yeah, that's what happens when you get a custom 1911 in 10mm.
-10mm is so manly, the FBI had to switch to .40 S&W because it's staffed entirely by girls and wusses.
-10mm is so awesome, anyone who holds one instantly has his sex appeal double.
-You ever notice that Miami Vice started sucking as soon as Don Johnson ditched the Bren Ten?
-The phrase "big brass ones" actually refers to spent 10mm casings, a measure of manliness.
-10mm is so awesome, the Geneva Conventions don't apply to it.
-10mm is so awesome, it even makes a Glock worth owning.
-Arnold Schwartzenegger was the only on set manly enough to carry the minigun in Terminator 2, but when they asked him to fire a 10mm handgun he sat down and cried like a girl.
-The Soviet Union collapsed as a direct result of the invention of 10mm.
-You know that satellite the Chinese shot down? They used a 10mm and are hoping we don't notice.
-10mm is so awesome, it automatically makes anyone who owns one cool.
-10mm is so awesome, it makes Schumer's (edited) shrink into his pelvis just looking at it.
-10mm is so awesome, it got its inventor laid.
-Remember the damage Katrina and Rita did to New Orleans? It all could have been avoided if someone had just shot the hurricanes with a 10mm.
-Hiroshima was actually the result of a Glock 10mm kabooming. ha ha ha ???
-10mm is so awesome, it neutered John Kerry merely by existing.
-10mm can cure sociopathy with direct application.
-You know the Tunguska event? That's what happens when you dual-wield 10mm MP5's while the A-Team theme is playing.
-10mm usually vaporizes its victims on impact, but sometimes leaves a bloody corpse behind as an example to the others.
-Bigfoot owns a 10mm.
-James Earl Jones and Barry White both have incredibly deep voices. Both keep a 10mm in their waistband. Coincidence?
-10mm is so awesome, Fort Knox threw away all the gold and stocked up on Norma. :cool:

purrrfect 10
06-02-2012, 17:14
That's a start

KenMac
06-02-2012, 18:28

I do commercial hvac work, mostly on strip mall or other rooftops. It's not invisible, but with a rag hanging out over the butt, it works for me.

KenMac
06-02-2012, 18:31

I use a Don Hume iwb.......not perfect, but better than leaving my buddy in the truck. YMMV

nickE10mm
06-03-2012, 07:31
OK Calling All 10mm Glock owners to make a mark here, SPEAK OUT about your 10mm Glocks. Let keep this post going, talk about your experiences and the fun you have had shooting your Glocks.

I'm so impressed with my G20 I really don't know why anyone would wanted any other pistol, Ya OK 9's are cheaper ammo but you get what you pay for, If you ever have to make the longer shot :perfect10: Speak out All you 10 guys and gal.

This is my G20SF... there are many like it but this one is MINE.

:) I love my G20SF as well as my new G29SF. Both are simply amazing pistols in their versatility. If I didn't own my Fusion 1911 longslide hunter I'd give the top honors to my G20SF but its close all-around.

:cool:

anpirz
06-03-2012, 16:46

I love my glock 20. I added Truglo TFO's, a ghost ultimate 3.5 connector, a 25 cent trigger job, and a TLR-1s. After changing the connector and polishing the internal parts for the trigger job, it is crisp, light, and smooth. I have never been able to shoot a pistol as well as I do this glock. This is the weapon that protects my house and with a good load, I would rather have it than any other gun protecting what is important to me. This pistol and round was Taylor made for me :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

purrrfect 10
06-03-2012, 17:43
THIS IS about 10 mm Glock come on Guys where are you all at?

LASTRESORT20
06-03-2012, 17:57
I love the G20SF.....Perfection in EVERY Way.....

10mmau
06-03-2012, 19:23
I have told everyone who asked me in the last 8-9 years (and there have been quite a few) what I thought the best pistol caliber was. My answer was always 10mm Auto and I stated if I ever bought another pistol it would be a 10mm. I am both ashamed and pissed to admit it took me this long to buy another pistol. G20sf all the way. And I might add, due to the corrupting influence of others here in the 10 ring I see a G29sf in my future shortly.

akjaeger
06-03-2012, 19:32
The 10mm cartridge is what convinced my to try a Glock....now it's my favorite handgun.

Angry Fist
06-03-2012, 19:44
The 10mm cartridge is what convinced my to try a Glock....now it's my favorite handgun.
:thumbsup: Me too.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz13/MO_FUGGAZ/Glock40ounce-1.jpg

JimIsland
06-03-2012, 21:16
My first Glock was a gen 2 G20 purchased in 1995. Ive accumulated 5 more Glocks since then and own 6 different pistols as well. Although I enjoy all of them, the G20 is the "baddest" of em all. Reliability,accuracy, versatility, and serious firepower.

If I was backed in a corner, I would want my G20 with my pockets stuffed with mags.(of course not including long guns)

Bro KV
06-03-2012, 21:48
DROS my 20SF tomorrow.

Wolf Spyder
06-03-2012, 23:34
This is mine;

"Only large manly men and very dangerous mythical creatures can handle the raw power of the 10mm"

Kegs
06-04-2012, 07:38
The 29 is a solid gun - don't know about best semi, but it's not gonna leave you hanging when you pull the trigger, that's for sure!

broncobuddha1
06-04-2012, 08:53
Best semi? I dunno. I had a G29 and went to a Dan Wesson 10 mm CBOB. Whilst I had no complaints about my G29 I can't say I regret my decision. At all. I love my DW.

10-acious
06-04-2012, 10:02
Glock 10mm best semi ever made?

Pfffft, not even close. While I have (2) G29's and enjoy shooting them, nothing will ever come close to a 1911 Government Model .45

Vandalozz
06-04-2012, 10:05
I bought a G20 in 1990, gen 2 a few years later and recently a gen 3 G20sf which has become my favorite!!! Also own a G29 and about 10 years ago did a very expensive and failed experiment converting a G30 and a G21 to 40super to try and get a bit more of the ol' 10mm firepower that was lacking in most of the factory 10mm loads. Underwood and previously Doubletap came to the rescue and restored my 10mm's previous glory~! ALL Hail the Mighty "10" !!! Been married to the wife for 10 plus years but, I've been sleeping with my 10 for 22+ years. They both keep me warm and safe at night...

alwaysshootin
06-04-2012, 10:44
I'm done buying, unless of course, someone comes out with a new 10MM. I have every other caliber covered, as I have covered the 10. The only interest I have in future purchases is in 10MM:wavey:

Ronbars
06-04-2012, 10:58
Picked up a 29 this weekend to go along with my 20 and the rest of them. Can't wait to get it to the range this week!

nickE10mm
06-04-2012, 11:08
I'm done buying, unless of course, someone comes out with a new 10MM. I have every other caliber covered, as I have covered the 10. The only interest I have in future purchases is in 10MM:wavey:

I know I ain't done buyin'... I still have a nice .44 mag revolver to buy, a high powered rifle (.308 probably), a black rifle and as many more 10mm's as I can get .... but I've got the important 10mm's out of the way.

Really... ALL I NEED IS PRIMERS, POWDER, BRASS AND BULLETS (in .40 caliber, of course) :)

Foxtrotx1
06-04-2012, 11:24
The best pistol huh? Ok riddle me this: Why doesn't everybody use it then?

purrrfect 10
06-04-2012, 12:17

I guess there are some men that just can't handle it's Awesomeness :dunno: Just because Glock 100mm are the best simi's out there doesn't mean there are not other choices.

alwaysshootin
06-04-2012, 12:39
I know I ain't done buyin'... I still have a nice .44 mag revolver to buy, a high powered rifle (.308 probably), a black rifle and as many more 10mm's as I can get .... but I've got the important 10mm's out of the way.

Really... ALL I NEED IS PRIMERS, POWDER, BRASS AND BULLETS (in .40 caliber, of course) :)

Have two nice 44's, a .308 coming to die for, a black rifle, and four 10's, plus many, many more. Not trying to brag, just stating why I'm done. Primers? 15K, if I have a sleeve. Powder? Probably around 40lbs. Brass? I have 4-5K of the calibers I shoot most often, namely 10MM, 45ACP, .308, and .223.

Will admit though, when I see a Bond Arms Derringer, in 10MM, I will buy it "just to have" a fifth!:cool:

WeeWilly
06-04-2012, 12:44

Why is Obama president? Same answer.

alwaysshootin
06-04-2012, 12:45

Because their designs are based on lesser calibers, and can't withstand the 10MM beating. It must be humiliating, or at least should be, for the other firearms manufactures, to let the G20, and G29 have "all" the 10MM sales. Can't wait for the next Shot Show to see what's "new" in a 9mm offering next year.:shocked::faint:

Grizzz
06-04-2012, 21:23
I love my G21 X 10mm conversion. Storm Lake makes a great 5.3 inch barrel for it. Started with a 23# recoil spring but had to go back to stock spring for reliable function.:wow:

Grizzz
06-04-2012, 21:27
Of all my Glocks, the G20 gives me the most confidence in what it can do and where I can direct the projectiles to. It has the best "feel" of all the Glocks.

I do have the 6" KKM and a modified trigger on it. I think the trigger is in neighborhood of 1 lbs, based the feel of a rifle I have that has a 5 ounce trigger.

Your a brave soul with that trigger weight in a Glock!!!!:wow::wow:

Cwlongshot
06-05-2012, 04:00
Glock 10mm best semi ever made?

Pfffft, not even close. While I have (2) G29's and enjoy shooting them, nothing will ever come close to a 1911 Government Model .45

I used to think this way too... :upeyes:

I won't give up my 1911's, but I find the glock to be a better gun.

CW

purrrfect 10
06-05-2012, 05:05
where's the LOVE?

pck50
06-05-2012, 09:18
Yes, Grant You The 10MM is A Wonderful round and the Glock 20, & 29 are also wonderful weapons In fact I am also waiting for the Glock 20 Gen 4 To come in order to pick that up. but again weapons are like colognes you like a different one on you for different purposes, and certainly a Glock or any weapon with a 10mm is also an over penetration for many circumstances to use, after all if your gonna be with in a main big city crowded no less you certainly dont want to use a 10mm for fear of over penetrating and harming a innoccent by stander.
That is why my main weapons of choice are mainly H&K.

BUt Again Yes I to am waiting for a Glock 20 In G 4.

Wishing you a great day!

PETE

PLINKING.40
06-05-2012, 11:07
Like some others have said, I always wanted a Glock to fill that hole but nothing really filled that void , until i was watching "Dropped Alaska" and they were carrying G20's, and I dug a little deeper into that model, and "HELLO" that's going to be my 1st Glock, and as of 2 weeks ago, a brand new G20 Gen 3 is my new EDC pistol, and I love it, and some of the other barrels it can use, is now my favorite Blaster !!
But will never get rid of my 1911's or my Sig 226 .40s&w

mrglocknload
06-05-2012, 12:57
grab your glock 10mm's everyone and glocknload

The Pirate
06-05-2012, 17:55
I think the question should be "What gun is statistically better than a 20 or 29?"

I love my 20 and am a pretty broad thinker, but I can't think of anything that beats it when all factors are accounted for.

purrrfect 10
06-06-2012, 16:21
59 post is surely does not represent you 10 mm guys

Bro KV
06-06-2012, 16:23
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/customshopkv1/5047d623.jpg

Loading up on Underwood Ammo

Vandalozz
06-06-2012, 16:53
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/customshopkv1/5047d623.jpg

Loading up on Underwood Ammo

Hey...get outa my safe....:supergrin: Only difference is most of my 10mm is 155 GDHP and my 357sig is 125 GDHP also. but that pic actually looks like the box I recieved and opened about 3 hours ago LOL Underwood is awesome ammo and has fantastic customer service. Someone had to fill the void in my life that Pro-load left and Underwood did it for almost 1/2 the price 10 years later!!!

Vandalozz
06-06-2012, 17:06
Todays delivery... had to take a pic...

Bro KV
06-06-2012, 17:22
Todays delivery... had to take a pic...

Awesome, yeah Underwood is the bomb. Quick shipping and great prices.

alwaysshootin
06-06-2012, 18:12

#66 :wow:

4949shooter
06-06-2012, 18:18
Checking in.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/4949shooter/Gun%20Pics/008.jpg

Shaker223
06-07-2012, 12:04
Picking up a G20 on Monday!!

Fred Hansen
06-07-2012, 12:32
Love my 29, but a 10mm Glock Carbine would sure be nice.

pck50
06-07-2012, 14:14
Nice weapon Im personally waiting for the Generation 4 model.

Picking up a G20 on Monday!!

CanyonMan
06-07-2012, 15:40
I own two Glock 10mm's. A G20SF and a 29SF, and I like 'em.

But not the best guns made...

I hold to a real high degree my very finely tuned Six shooters, and M1911's. To me and my way of life, there is Nothing like a very fine built six shooter in big bore 44 and up. "In town," the M1911 45acp is a warm fuzzy feelin. ;)

Kinda like comparing a very fine custom made swiss watch to a Casio at walmart ! (Glock being the casio).

Don't stone me... Yes I got a safe full of Glocks... Just see them as Casio's compared to a custom built six shooter or M1911....

So since I have not directly answerd your question...

I do not think, (as good as it is ) that the Glock Anything is better than a very fine M1911 semi auto.

Good shooting, what ever ya shoot !

CM

WeeWilly
06-07-2012, 15:50
..Kinda like comparing a very fine custom made swiss watch to a Casio at walmart ! (Glock being the casio).

Don't stone me... Yes I got a safe full of Glocks... Just see them as Casio's compared to a custom built six shooter or M1911....

I used to set my Rolex with my Seiko, then one day it hit me, what the hell am I doing with a $8K wrist watch that doesn't keep time as well as my $85 watch?

I have not sold off my 1911's yet, but I don't miss that Datejust a lick..

Just sayin.. :tongueout:

CanyonMan
06-07-2012, 16:54
I used to set my Rolex with my Seiko, then one day it hit me, what the hell am I doing with a $8K wrist watch that doesn't keep time as well as my $85 watch?

An 8K wrist watch. :wow: You are out of my class amigo.

For 5 to 8K more you can come out and buy a low end trained cuttin horse. I'm sure you don't need one, but hey, we'll take your $$$$. :rofl: Some of them run 35K and up.

Man an 8K watch. I did get your attepted illustration though.
All my M1911's were not real expencive at all, but run smoother than my Casio's, dang it, I mean my Glocks ! :tongueout:

Stay safe Pard, enjoyed your post man ! ;)

CM

pck50
06-07-2012, 18:48
Very good point took me a while to also wake up, used to also wear Breitlings to also only find out that my Seiko Perpetual Premium watch and my Luminox and even a Casio pathfinder blew away my breitlings so I simply sold them and became very happy.

WeeWilly
06-07-2012, 21:30
An 8K wrist watch. :wow: You are out of my class amigo.

For 5 to 8K more you can come out and buy a low end trained cuttin horse. I'm sure you don't need one, but hey, we'll take your $$$$. :rofl: Some of them run 35K and up.

Man an 8K watch. I did get your attepted illustration though.
All my M1911's were not real expencive at all, but run smoother than my Casio's, dang it, I mean my Glocks ! :tongueout:

Stay safe Pard, enjoyed your post man ! ;)

CM

I wish I could use a good cuttin horse, for sure I would be a lot farther away from the maddness than I live now, I envy you on that one CM. :)

robert91922
06-08-2012, 00:34
Among all firearms I own I prefer my Glock 20. :hearts:
It's not the most beautiful but all in all it's the BEST HANDGUN ever made if you need a handgun to use it as a handgun.
In years you appreciate more and more what does it offer to you (a lot) and what demands (not much).
THUMBS UP FOR GLOCK 20 !!!!

purrrfect 10
06-08-2012, 05:08
It's not the most beautiful but all in all it's the BEST HANDGUN ever made if you need a handgun to use it as a handgun.
In years you appreciate more and more what does it offer to you (a lot) and what demands (not much).

:yourock:

alwaysshootin
06-08-2012, 07:09

Pure poetry! Never heard it said better!!!!

CanyonMan
06-08-2012, 08:11
I wish I could use a good cuttin horse, for sure I would be a lot farther away from the maddness than I live now, I envy you on that one CM. :)

Perhaps some day that will happen for you amigo !

I hope it will ! ;)

Stay safe.

CM

kylet
06-08-2012, 09:29
I just bought my first g29 2 months ago. Best purchase I've made. Underwood is awesome.

Not much more I can say that hasn't already been said... Haha

chemboy
06-08-2012, 16:07
I am very happy with my 20 and 29.
The best? Who knows? I just know that the 10mm cartridge in the Glock platform is versatile and a lot of fun to shoot.

tyr0981
06-09-2012, 06:49
I love my 29, nothing wrong with it except for it's owner keeps trying to improve on perfection! epicly awesome all round handgun!

:number1:

blastfact
06-09-2012, 13:07
I love no gun. But I do like a lot of them. :) And one I do like is my G20. Loaded up with NUKE loads it's a joy to shoot!

pck50
06-09-2012, 14:09
www.buffalobore.com

I love no gun. But I do like a lot of them. :) And one I do like is my G20. Loaded up with NUKE loads it's a joy to shoot!

Taterhead
06-09-2012, 21:47
www.buffalobore.com (http://www.buffalobore.com)

Good stuff. Expensive. But good stuff. The loads I have tested over my chronograph met advertised claims.

purrrfect 10
06-10-2012, 19:24
Sorry 84 post out of all you 10mm Guy Cmon let tell the world

Bro KV
06-10-2012, 23:40
There needs to be a 10mm between the G20 and G29.

Opie 1 Kenopie
06-11-2012, 22:08
There needs to be a 10mm between the G20 and G29.

Don't really see the point.

The very small difference in size just doesn't justify the tooling necessary to produce something in between. If you need a bigger 29, just add some Pearce mag bases and a Stormlake extended barrel. Bam. Done.

The 10mm covers just about everything as is. The G20 for jacket weather and night stand duty, and the 29 for summer and general CCW use.

tyr0981
06-12-2012, 10:46
Don't really see the point.

The very small difference in size just doesn't justify the tooling necessary to produce something in between. If you need a bigger 29, just add some Pearce mag bases and a Stormlake extended barrel. Bam. Done.

The 10mm covers just about everything as is. The G20 for jacket weather and night stand duty, and the 29 for summer and general CCW use.

:perfect10:

purrrfect 10
07-28-2012, 14:18
How good are you with that 10mm G20

nickE10mm
07-28-2012, 17:09
How good are you with that 10mm G20

Just posting another response here to your thread.... Shot my G20sf today w/ new 6" KKM with about 10 different loads.... simply put: I FALL IN LOVE AGAIN EVERY TIME I SHOOT MY G20 :cool:

luisbet1032
07-29-2012, 13:37
I'm having to much fun with my Glock 20 SF with the KKM 6" barrel, long wolf barrel and the 10to40 S/W Barrel....WoW. I love it.....:rofl:

purrrfect 10
07-29-2012, 14:09
Just posting another response here to your thread.... Shot my G20sf today w/ KKM with about 10 different loads.... simply put: I FALL IN LOVE AGAIN EVERY TIME I SHOOT MY G20 :cool:
The G20 is just the smoothest shoot pistol there is. Control, POWER, range, accuracy, Cmon guys is there really any better for the all around pistol? NOT Chim in

pck50
07-29-2012, 15:40
Nice Picture,
Nice Gun,
Nice barrel
Cool Set up!
Cant wait till I finally get my New Gen 4 Glock 20 Full Size.

I'm having to much fun with my Glock 20 SF with the KKM 6" barrel, long wolf barrel and the 10to40 S/W Barrel....WoW. I love it.....:rofl:

purrrfect 10
08-01-2012, 19:21
Surely there are more 10mm guys our there to chime in on the best Semi ever made Glock G 20's I'm not giving up until I have heard from at least 100 of you.

God Bless America :perfect10:

alwaysshootin
08-01-2012, 19:57
I refuse to settle for less. Sure wish M&P would step up with an offering. 1911's, Rugers, nines, forties, are resting in the safe, and, I'm wearing out my Glock TENS! They are the only firearms getting range time. It does make it easy for bulk bullet purchases though!:supergrin:

arushus
08-02-2012, 13:37
Guess Id better put my two cents in here. My first handgun was my G20sf, even though I was told by naysayers to start out smaller and work my way up, I wouldnt do it. I wanted the biggest baddest Glock made and I was not going to settle for anything less! Well its been a year since I bought it, and Ive got no regrets, except I keep spending money on it! Ten mags, ghost 3.5 connector, 22lb ISMI spring on a LWD guide rod, 10mm stock lenght LWD barrel, XS big dot night sights, extended slide release, and a LWD overtravel stop! Oh ya, and all the underwood ammo she can handle!

alwaysshootin
08-02-2012, 14:52
Guess Id better put my two cents in here. My first handgun was my G20sf, even though I was told by naysayers to start out smaller and work my way up, I wouldnt do it. I wanted the biggest baddest Glock made and I was not going to settle for anything less! Well its been a year since I bought it, and Ive got no regrets, except I keep spending money on it! Ten mags, ghost 3.5 connector, 22lb ISMI spring on a LWD guide rod, 10mm stock lenght LWD barrel, XS big dot night sights, extended slide release, and a LWD overtravel stop! Oh ya, and all the underwood ammo she can handle!

Wow!:wow: I guess buying a 10MM Glock can be like buying a boat. Except for the hole in the water thing!:supergrin:

gator378
08-02-2012, 15:36
On the 8th day, God kicked Gaston square in the ass and said BUILD THE 10MMs!

I love my model 20 and shoot it the most. But if it absolutely has to be stopped or hit, the Model 629 comes out. With long barrel and scope good to 100 plus yards.

nickE10mm
08-02-2012, 17:49
I love my G20SF so much ... there have been so many times I shot the SNOT out of it and it ran neck in neck with my Fusion (cause the guns normally out shoot me, like with most of us) ... and then i take it home and clean it ALL up in like 10 minutes ... and its ready to go again. BAM. Perfection. Honestly, the ONLY way I'd sell my G20SF is if they came out with an even smaller grip. LOL!! i got small hands

alwaysshootin
08-02-2012, 18:14
I love my G20SF so much ... there have been so many times I shot the SNOT out of it and it ran neck in neck with my Fusion (cause the guns normally out shoot me, like with most of us) ... and then i take it home and clean it ALL up in like 10 minutes ... and its ready to go again. BAM. Perfection. Honestly, the ONLY way I'd sell my G20SF is if they came out with an even smaller grip. LOL!! i got small hands

Who's leg are you trying to pull? You ain't selling your SF, no matter what they come out with!:rofl::supergrin::wavey:

nickE10mm
08-02-2012, 18:15
Who's leg are you trying to pull? You ain't selling your SF, no matter what they come out with!:rofl::supergrin::wavey:

okay fine

justin10mm
08-03-2012, 21:59
My G20 was my first semi-auto centerfire handgun. I couldn't have made a better choice.

Vandalozz
08-03-2012, 22:19
My G20 was my first semi-auto centerfire handgun. I couldn't have made a better choice.
It was my 2nd semi auto.... I carried a 70 series colt combat commander until 1991. I had to have the G20 10mm when it came out!! 15 rounds of 10mm!! Had to have it! I am on my 3rd G20 now. A G20sf, they just keep getting better and loaded with Underwood 155's at 1500fps, as much firepower as you will ever need!! If you need more than that as a civilian you might want to carry a G3 instead LOL... 10mm still reigns supreme in my world at least!!!

vdub804
08-04-2012, 05:26
Just picked up my G20SF this week and all I can say is :wow: , I'm very impressed with this pistol not only does it feel good in my hands it's also very accurate to boot. I was shocked by all the horror stories that I read on the net describing the G20 as an uncontrollable demon (talk about exaggeration) even with hot loads the recoil is very manageable. sn: I just found out that you
can shoot .40 out of the stock barrel which is another + since 10mm ammo can sometimes be difficult to come by. :supergrin:

justin10mm
08-04-2012, 12:21
I would suggest you buy a 10mm to .40 conversion barrel for your G20. Probably not a good idea to use the stock 10mm barrel with .40 ammo.

RYT 2BER
08-04-2012, 19:26

Ummm depending on what woods you're walking in I could say that about a lot of guns and calibers..:whistling: just sayin

RYT 2BER
08-04-2012, 19:29
I was shocked by all the horror stories that I read on the net describing the G20 as an uncontrollable demon (talk about exaggeration) even with hot loads the recoil is very manageable.

Well of course... What would the Internet be without incessant blabbering of "horrific recoil".

50% of the people on gt should be shooting only .22 from he way they whine about .40..:upeyes: my wife *****es less about .40 than some of the "men" (cough) on this site.....

jp3975
08-04-2012, 20:10
I had a 20 and I liked it well enough. I dont reload, however and eventually switched to 9mm. Currantly pretty happy with a Steyr M9A1...but Im going to switch to the Caracal whenever I can afford a new pistol. Havent decided if I'll get a pistol or another AK first. I may even get a Tavor instead of the AK.

Wolf Spyder
08-04-2012, 20:10
I just found out that you can shoot .40 out of the stock barrel which is another + since 10mm ammo can sometimes be difficult to come by.

While this maybe true... it is not recommended. I have done it on several occasions, but it only takes once for all the planets to line up and "Murphy" to rear his ugly head. It is not a good day when Murphy's Law bites you on the ***. I consider .40S&W use in a stock 10mm barrel as a last resort.

jp3975
08-04-2012, 20:12
Well of course... What would the Internet be without incessant blabbering of "horrific recoil".

50% of the people on gt should be shooting only .22 from he way they whine about .40..:upeyes: my wife *****es less about .40 than some of the "men" (cough) on this site.....

The first pistol I let my 11 year old bro in law shoot was a G20. He did fine and actually shot decent groups.

If an 11 year old newb isnt bothered by the recoil and you are...you either have medical problems or you should be ashamed.

Angry Fist
08-04-2012, 20:17
My 9yo shot the G20 with .40 conversion just fine, with a little support.

kyredneck1911
08-04-2012, 20:26
Love my G20!! Since the SF model came out my LGS has alot of MINT condition G20's coming in and I was able to pick one up for a STEAL of a DEAL !! I like the larger grip better than the SF so it was a win win for me. I hunt Deer and Hogs with mine and goes with me on every outdoor outing trips, camping, atv'n, ect. and I feel 100% safe with any dangerous critter that may come around be it 2 or 4 legged.

vdub804
08-04-2012, 21:36
I agree although shooting .40 out of the stock 10mm barrel can be done, it is taking an unnecessary and potentially dangerous risk. Especially when you can get a lw or kkm and call it a day.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Rigormootis
08-08-2012, 00:21
I would have to say it's (G29sf) in my top 2-3. Heck, the only centerfire autoloaders I have anymore are: G19, G29sf, and G26....(all 3rd gen, FWIW). I think I would also rank them in that order of my preference/which gets the most use. So far, the G19 is the only one I have several of...perhaps my G29sf will get a 'twin' soon.

BruceO
08-12-2012, 20:10
Is the G20 and/or the G29 the best 10mm pistol out there or even the best pistol of any chambering available?

As John Wayne used to say: "not hardly!".

Are they reliable tools-yes. Are they accurate? Depends on your notion of accuracy? The ones I've seen have good, service level accuracy but I don't see anybody doing Bullseye shooting running to get a chunk of Austrian Perfection. I wouldn't want one for a hunting gun. If your concern is making center mass hits at 7 yds., that's a different criteria.

alwaysshootin
08-12-2012, 22:41
Is the G20 and/or the G29 the best 10mm pistol out there or even the best pistol of any chambering available?

John Wayne, never shot a 10MM ! So no, he never made that statement about the 20, or 29! If he had fired the "10" in either of those firearms, I'm sure it would have been one of his favorites.

BruceO
08-13-2012, 00:31
If he had fired the "10" in either of those firearms, I'm sure it would have been one of his favorites.

I think he would shoot something American made. Regardless, the Glocks are neither the best autoloader out there nor the best 10mm autoloader.

Rigormootis
08-13-2012, 01:33

Are they reliable tools-yes. Are they accurate? Depends on your notion of accuracy? The ones I've seen have good, service level accuracy but I don't see anybody doing Bullseye shooting running to get a chunk of Austrian Perfection. I wouldn't want one for a hunting gun. If your concern is making center mass hits at 7 yds., that's a different criteria.

I also don't see many people carrying a pistol set-up for bullseye shooting as their main carry/defensive/hunting sidearm. What other autoloader do you feel is significantly better as a hunting sidearm than say a Glock 20 + a 6" barrel?

As to the "only accurate to 7 yards" part...well, I am usually not the one to dive in on these things, but I can’t help wondering how many Glocks you have actually fired. Sure, the average G29 is not a match-tuned 1911 (they’re not intended to be, nor are they priced as such), but people use Glocks all the time for "other" competitions (though, not typically bullseye) and I have been known to turn some heads one occasion with my lowly 19. Sure, I don't reliably shoot 2-3" groups at 25 yards, but honest 4-6" (15rd., offhand) is pretty routine for me with my 19 (I really only try to keep all my shots on 6" paper plates when shooting 25yrds). I'm guessing I'd do even better with the longer sight radius of a G34, but <6" @25yrds. (offhand) is good enough for my purposes so I never have picked one up.

I frequently hear many people shortchanging the accuracy of Glocks – that’s usually until they actually fire them. I have honestly lost count of how any people I have seen grudingly convert to owning at least one after they actually gained some experience with them (usually with one of my loaners) and let practicality trump their irrational dislike for "plastic things."

I write all this this as someone who had to eat crow & became converted myself. I used to own a good number of the production 10mm pistols made through 2003 or so: (1) Gold Cup, (1 each) S&W 1006, 1066, 1086, 1076, 610-1 (6”), 610-1 (4”), (2) G20s and a G29. Of all these, I initially had the biggest soft spot for the 1006 and really wanted to pick up a 1st Gen Razorback...then I was in head-over-heals with my 610s and only "tolerated" the Glocks because they were just too darned good on paper not to own (large capacity, extended barrels, etc.). Frankly, I know I especially liked all my S&Ws and the Colt because they weren’t “plastic” like the Glocks…yet, after who knows how many rounds downrange later, I eventually had a change of heart. Yes, I really did try to prefer my "all steel guns" to my Glocks for many years. I even sold off my Glock 10mms ~10 or so years ago (to some members here)-- only to buy back one when the G29sf came out and I ultimately have now let all those "apparently-better-because-they're-all-steel" 10mm guns go.

Now…past 25 yards, I am certainly more accurate with a 6" revolver than my current 29sf, but that is likely due mostly to the significantly longer sight radius of my 610 rather than it being “a better gun.” As things stand now, if I need to hit something beyond my capabilities with my G29, I most often just carry a rifle….and generally leave my 610 at home. So, the G29sf is “the best 10mm autoloader” for me. Would I like a DW Razorback or custom 1911? Of course -- but at ~$500 ea, the Glocks can't be beat for what I need them to do. Were it that "bullseye shooting" was the only thing I cared about, I might still sing a different tune.

alwaysshootin
08-13-2012, 03:05
I think he would shoot something American made. Regardless, the Glocks are neither the best autoloader out there nor the best 10mm autoloader.

Some would say the same about "Gunny", but we all know his decision!

BruceO
08-13-2012, 19:13
As to the "only accurate to 7 yards" part...well, I am usually not the one to dive in on these things, but I can’t help wondering how many Glocks you have actually fired. Sure, the average G29 is not a match-tuned 1911 (they’re not intended to be, nor are they priced as such), but people use Glocks all the time for "other" competitions (though, not typically bullseye) and I have been known to turn some heads one occasion with my lowly 19. Sure, I don't reliably shoot 2-3" groups at 25 yards, but honest 4-6" (15rd., offhand) is pretty routine for me with my 19 (I really only try to keep all my shots on 6" paper plates when shooting 25yrds). I'm guessing I'd do even better with the longer sight radius of a G34, but <6" @25yrds. (offhand) is good enough for my purposes so I never have picked one up.

Thank you for reinforcing my thoughts on the matter! I quess I really don't understand how you can make these all encompassing statement that this or that is "The Best" and then add a slew of qualifications when defending the statement. Just so you know, my primitive technology N-frame Smith & Wesson magnum revolvers will shoot less than 1 1/2" 25 meter groups. This makes 4"-6" look pretty inaccurate. My 8/3/8" M629 will shoot 2 1/2" or less a 50 meters without any real load development. Again, it all depends on what your notion of accurate is. I haven't seen anything in this thread which refutes anything I've said. This is not to say that Glocks are not reliable or reasonably accurate for their intended use but "The Best"? Unless you're a Glock Fanboy with no capability to rational, linear thought precesses, not so much.

Some would say the same about "Gunny", but we all know his decision!

In "gunny's" case, he knows who butters his bread and that's the beginning and end of that.

alwaysshootin
08-13-2012, 20:14
[QUOTE=BruceO;19304505]
In "gunny's" case, he knows who butters his bread and that's the beginning and end of that.[/QUOTE

You are kind of humorous!:rofl:

A man of gunny's achievements, and status, and, you think, for a second, he would endorse a product, and, not believe in the product, Glock?

You don't think, Sig, Colt, or Springfield would love his endorsement?:upeyes: You don't think they tried for his endorsement? Of course they did, and yet he chose to endorse Glock! Again :rofl: Believe as you will, I've owned most if not all platforms of firearms. I'll take a Glock, thanks!

Rigormootis
08-14-2012, 00:30
Well Bruce, you can drink your own Kool-Aid and think what you want. You can even feel smug about it. The problem is that no one can "refute you" since you haven't really said anything concerete yet. From my point of view,

1. Accuracy isn't everything. It is only one of several qualities I want in a firearm that needs to be overall balanced with reliability, portability, capacity, price, etc. It's a package deal. IMO, a G20/29 can do most things better than other 10mm guns I have owned (and actually took the time to list). Some of the others (like my 6" S&W 610) are better for a few specific tasks, but fall far short of the Glocks in others.

2. This thread is about 10mm semi autos. You have yet to name what 10mm semi auto you consider to be "better" (and why).

3. If you are going to be a contrarian, how about pony up some specific alternatives instead of just bluster? I would honestly appreciate to hear your arguments for something instead of only everything you think is lacking about Glocks.

BruceO
08-14-2012, 18:14
Well Bruce, you can drink your own Kool-Aid and think what you want. You can even feel smug about it. The problem is that no one can "refute you" since you haven't really said anything concerete yet. From my point of view,

1. Accuracy isn't everything. It is only one of several qualities I want in a firearm that needs to be overall balanced with reliability, portability, capacity, price, etc. It's a package deal. IMO, a G20/29 can do most things better than other 10mm guns I have owned (and actually took the time to list). Some of the others (like my 6" S&W 610) are better for a few specific tasks, but fall far short of the Glocks in others.

2. This thread is about 10mm semi autos. You have yet to name what 10mm semi auto you consider to be "better" (and why).

3. If you are going to be a contrarian, how about pony up some specific alternatives instead of just bluster? I would honestly appreciate to hear your arguments for something instead of only everything you think is lacking about Glocks.

If you look over at the Bren-Ten.com Website, you'll find that I'm a moderator over there. The fact is that I own 15 or so of those little gems along with a 6 1/2" Smith M610 no dash, a SA Omega and I don't know how many other S&W handguns. I also spent seven or eight years of my off time life doing research with Ron Carrillo for the book "Bren Ten-The Heir Apparent".

The fact of the matter is that the Smith 10xx series guns, the mid production Bren Tens, the Omegas and even the Dan Wesson Razorback & Pointman are superior to the Glock in both ergonomics and accuracy although the Omega and the DW may need a bit of tweaking. Most 1911's do. I really don't like the 1911 for 10mm because the dynamics of the round overwhelm the 1911 platform although you can make it work, at least for awhile. The 1911's issue is the swinging link and has nothing do do with it's ability to contain chamber pressure. Also the 10mm slide velocity vs the barrel lugs and slide lug recesses are mutually incompatible long term.

The Smith 10xx series I've shot have accuracy levels equal and usually better than the Glock. The Omega, Smith M610 and the DW guns are just a lot better. The 1911's have better trigger pulls out of the box. The Bren Ten feels substantially better-even better in my hand than the CZ75 and it's clones. Both the SA and DA pulls and pull weights are better than any other traditional DA pistol I've encountered. The Smith 1006 DA pull is long and a little mushy but the single action after the first shot is pretty decent. The Bren Ten's single and double action are, again excellent. By the way, have you ever shot a Bren Ten?

You asked if I ever shot a Glock. I have and was totally underwhelmed by it. The feeling has nothing to do with it's high reliability and, it is sufficiently accurate for it's intended purposes. I find the grip width & angle, sights, lack of external manual safeties and especially the stock trigger pull characteristics not to my liking. I don't own one now and never will for the above reasons. It's a good gun but hardly The Best. For those who are enamored with the polymer Austrian Perfection, c'est lavie.

The statement that the Glocks are the best is an absolute statement-no qualifications. The main point of my statement is that the Glock 20 and 29 are neither the best 10mm pistols or best pistol out there. They don't have the best accuracy or ergonomics-period. End of debate. I don't need to qualify my statement with language such as "for the price" " considering reliability along with the accuracy levels for my needs" or any other which way. The statement that they were the best didn't contain any qualifications and neither should the responses. However, should you want to play the game of "but if my mother was a man, she'd be my father", feel free to do so.

Incidentally, Gunny is under contract with Glock USA and the product he promotes is a good one. My statement does not besmirch his integrity but rather restate the obvious; that he's a paid spokesperson. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rigormootis
08-14-2012, 21:45
If you look over at the Bren-Ten.com Website, you'll find that I'm a moderator over there. The fact is that I own 15 or so of those little gems along with a 6 1/2" Smith M610 no dash, a SA Omega and I don't know how many other S&W handguns. I also spent seven or eight years of my off time life doing research with Ron Carrillo for the book "Bren Ten-The Heir Apparent".

The fact of the matter is that the Smith 10xx series guns, the mid production Bren Tens, the Omegas and even the Dan Wesson Razorback & Pointman are superior to the Glock in both ergonomics and accuracy although the Omega and the DW may need a bit of tweaking. Most 1911's do. I really don't like the 1911 for 10mm because the dynamics of the round overwhelm the 1911 platform although you can make it work, at least for awhile. The 1911's issue is the swinging link and has nothing do do with it's ability to contain chamber pressure. Also the 10mm slide velocity vs the barrel lugs and slide lug recesses are mutually incompatible long term.

The Smith 10xx series I've shot have accuracy levels equal and usually better than the Glock. The Omega, Smith M610 and the DW guns are just a lot better. The 1911's have better trigger pulls out of the box. The Bren Ten feels substantially better-even better in my hand than the CZ75 and it's clones. Both the SA and DA pulls and pull weights are better than any other traditional DA pistol I've encountered. The Smith 1006 DA pull s long and a little mushy but the single action after the first shot is pretty decent. The Bren Ten's single and double action are, again excellent. By the way, have you ever shot a Bren Ten?

You asked if I ever shot a Glock. I have and was totally underwhelmed by it. The feeling has nothing to do with it's high reliability and, it is sufficiently accurate for it's intended purposes. I find the grip width & angle, sights, lack of external manual safeties and especially the stock trigger pull characteristics not to my liking. I don't own one now and never will for the above reasons. It's a good gun but hardly The Best. For those who are enamored with the polymer Austrian Perfection, c'est lavie.

The statement that the Glocks are the best is an absolute statement-no qualifications. The main point of my statement is that the Glock 20 and 29 are neither the best 10mm pistols or best pistol out there. They don't have the best accuracy or ergonomics-period. end of debate. I don't need to qualify my statement with language such as "for the price" " considering reliability along with the accuracy levels for my needs" or any other which way. The statement that they were the best didn't contain any qualifications and neither should the responses. However, should you want to play the game of "but if my mother was a man, she'd be my father", feel free to do so.

Incidentally, Gunny is under contract with Glock USA and the product he promotes is a good one. My statement does not besmirch his integrity but rather restate the obvious; that he's a paid spokesperson. Nothing more, nothing less.

:dunno:

Thanks (I guess) for finally offering something we can consider (vs. your previously unsubstantiated "Glocks aren't as good as your mystery favorites" posts)...but, Oh brother -- I didn't realize this was a "sport" for you (don’t worry, I'll help you document your trophy posts).

Yes, your ego is safe since I promise to not to threaten it anymore by daring to question your apparently infallible ability to know what’s “best” for everyone. Gee, I’m sure glad we have you to decide these things for all of us!

:upeyes:

Consider that while you are obviously entitled to your own opinion, so are others. Your perspective is no more of less valid that those who have posted here --- regardless of how much or little you consider when you offer your own personal criterion for "best pistol"... of course, as "a moderator," you should already know this… I’m sure that somewhere buried in your posts is a section I obviously missed where you offered a respectful acknowledgement of the experience and expertise of all the other “little people” who have posted here. So I guess after all, I’m sure we're all glad we have been set straight by your wisdom.

:whistling:

P.S., I have had the pleasure of firing and nearly buying a Bren-10 when I was really building my 10mm collection around 1998-2002. It was a very fine firearm, but frankly, I didn’t personally think the overall ergos were sufficiently better (I’ve got medium hands & short fingers) than the S&W 10xx series and the one Delta Elite I already had to “wow me” into being able to justify the price tag for what I still consider a (mainly) novelty/boutique/historically-interesting gun. So, I ended up not liberating that particular one from its owner – and I don’t regret it. Of course, I’m perfectly happy you like them…but I do wish you didn’t seem to take it so personally that informed others (like me) don’t always think the same way.

As for dismissing "the Gunny" because (after all) he's a paid Glock spokesman...why shouldn't others at least suspect "a moderator of the Bren forum / co-researcher of a Bren-10 fan book" might be at least a little biased? Pot <--> kettle?

Anyway -- I must remember that I've got a promise to keep (you're "safe," remember?), so I'm just going to let this lie now.

Opie 1 Kenopie
08-14-2012, 22:38
:popcorn: ^^^

alwaysshootin
08-14-2012, 23:38
:dunno:
:upeyes:
:whistling:

P.S., I have had the pleasure of firing and nearly buying a Bren-10 when I was really building my 10mm collection around 1998-2002. It was a very fine firearm, but frankly, I didn’t personally think the overall ergos were sufficiently better (I’ve got medium hands & short fingers) than the S&W 10xx series and the one Delta Elite I already had to “wow me” into being able to justify the price tag for what I still consider a (mainly) novelty/boutique/historically-interesting gun. So, I ended up not liberating that particular one from its owner – and I don’t regret it. Of course, I’m perfectly happy you like them…but I do wish you didn’t seem to take it so personally that informed others (like me) don’t always think the same way.

As for dismissing "the Gunny" because (after all) he's a paid Glock spokesman...why shouldn't others at least suspect "a moderator of the Bren forum / co-researcher of a Bren-10 fan book" might be at least a little biased? Pot <--> kettle?

Anyway -- I must remember that I've got a promise to keep (you're "safe," remember?), so I'm just going to let this lie now.

Very well thought out. I greatly appreciated this line, best, about the "Bren Ten", ( " novelty/boutique/historically-interesting gun.")!

Just to reiterate my point about " The Gunny " again, he could have been the spokesman, for, Smith& Wesson, Sig, Colt, Walther, or any other manufacture, and you know, they would have loved his endorsement, yet he chose "GLOCK"! Truly, "That is That"!!!!!!!!!!!!

M1a65
08-15-2012, 00:23
Excellent reply Bruce on the Bren and other10's. While the Bren and Colt Delta Elite are no doubt fine weapons (I've shot the Colt but not the Bren) their price tags over whelm most shooters wallets. For around $500 the G20 is quite a bargan and has brought many shooters to sample this fine cartridge...

alwaysshootin
08-15-2012, 00:58
Excellent reply Bruce on the Bren and other10's. While the Bren and Colt Delta Elite are no doubt fine weapons (I've shot the Colt but not the Bren) their price tags over whelm most shooters wallets. For around $500 the G20 is quite a bargan and has brought many shooters to sample this fine cartridge...

Would like to add, the G20, compared to "all", the other manufactured "10's", is the only firearm, proven, to have the ability, and durability, to withstand extended shooting of full power loads! Not, that it's high level of desire, is, because of it's lack of availability, or, the fact it is extinct! People that want to shoot, and shoot a lot, of awesome, 10MM round, there is only one, that can take it. The fabulous, accurate, durable, and versatile, Glock G20............

BruceO
08-15-2012, 03:49
Rigormootis, I didn't bring any of this up-you asked and questioned me so I told you. Sometimes you should be careful what you ask for because you may get it. As for being biased, I'm a collector, not a fanboy. I listed three or four better options as opposed to your single minded train of thought. I offered alternatives and the reasons for them. You reply with "yah buts". Enough! Sorry you feel threatened. That said, you seem to lack the ability to process linear thought progressions so, at this point, I will leave you to your meandering mental processes.

Would like to add, the G20, compared to "all", the other manufactured "10's", is the only firearm, proven, to have the ability, and durability, to withstand extended shooting of full power loads!

Really??

That would be news to S&W 10xx series and M610 owners. Ditto for DW owners although that is highly debatable. The later Omegas with the new style guide rods don't seem to have many durability issues and have the added bonus of not using the Browning swinging link design. We won't delve into the issue of unsupported chambers either. That's for another thread. I mean, we all know that "Glocked" .40 S&W and 10mm fired brass doesn't exist even though a couple of reloading equipment manufacturers have developed and are selling special sizing dies just to deal with that issue.

While the Bren and Colt Delta Elite are no doubt fine weapons (I've shot the Colt but not the Bren) their price tags over whelm most shooters wallets.

I understand all of that but that's not the issue. The "most shooter's wallet" statement is open to discussion. We're talking about hanging the monicker "The Best" on Glocks. The OP didn't state "The Best at that price point" or "The Best for the price". Nobody said the Glock wasn't a good gun.

Regarding R. Lee Ermey vs. S&W, Colt, Sig, etc.; the probable reason for his association with Glock is that the other manufacturers listed didn't feel a need for a paid spokesman not on a sponsored shooting team but that is just my best guess. Are you implying that he would have blow off Smith and Wesson or the others if they had asked in favor of Glock?
:wavey:

alwaysshootin
08-15-2012, 16:05
Regarding R. Lee Ermey vs. S&W, Colt, Sig, etc.; the probable reason for his association with Glock is that the other manufacturers listed didn't feel a need for a paid spokesman not on a sponsored shooting team but that is just my best guess. Are you implying that he would have blow off Smith and Wesson or the others if they had asked in favor of Glock?

No, I'm not implying, I'm stating he did! As though Glock, needs a spokesperson, any more than the others? :rofl:

BruceO
08-15-2012, 16:24
No, I'm not implying, I'm stating he did! As though Glock

Really-based on what or is this just your opinion?

alwaysshootin
08-15-2012, 16:58
Really-based on what or is this just your opinion?

Whom, is " The Gunny" a spokesperson for? Think that answers your question. How many more times, or ways, are you going to ask the same question?:dunno:

BruceO
08-15-2012, 21:30
Whom, is " The Gunny" a spokesperson for? Think that answers your question. How many more times, or ways, are you going to ask the same question?

Well, based on the non-answer, I have to conclude that this is all surmise on your part and that you, my friend, are either naive or suffer from TTS.

Regardless of which, it matters not.

:yawn:

Rigormootis
08-15-2012, 23:34
Honestly Bruce, how do you expect to get away with acting like this here and continue to be allowed to moderate another forum? Do the admins over there know about this thread? Maybe they don’t care, but I would hope and expect more from someone who has been trusted to maintain a certain level of decorum on any forum. Grow up already.

BruceO
08-16-2012, 12:34
Honestly Bruce, how do you expect to get away with acting like this here and continue to be allowed to moderate another forum?

To be honest, I generally reply in this fashion only when taken to task. No foul language is used and sarcasm hasn't been banned to my knowledge. At any rate, for me anyway, this thread has degenerated into something similar to wrestling with pigs. Everybody gets dirty but the pigs love it. It's is similar to a Chevy vs Ford or MIM vs bar stock/forging debate. MIM is absolutely junk which bar stock rules. To those who feel that way I respond: 125 years ago the flush toilet would never work and 35 years ago firearms w/ investment cast receivers would be junked out in short order.

There is no way to win these discussions even when presenting logical, lucid arguments and factually accurate supporting information and that's fine, I guess.

Anyway.................

Rigormootis
08-16-2012, 15:32
To each his own, but you and I obviously interpret your posts very differently.

BruceO
08-16-2012, 17:52
Obviously.

blastfact
08-17-2012, 13:34
The only Glock I own is a G20. None of there other pistols need apply.

The 10mm is a wonderful round!

alwaysshootin
08-21-2012, 05:51
Really??

That would be news to S&W 10xx series

Yes really!

"The 10mm’s development was spurred on by a spate of deadly failures of .38 Special and 9mm handguns at the particular expense of the FBI. The 10mm was designed to drive a heavy bullet at high velocity. The original Norma loading called for a 200-grain bullet at 1200 feet per second, ballistics comparable to the .41 Magnum revolver. This provided vastly improved stopping power over the smaller .38s and 9s, and also offered far better penetration, a flatter trajectory and greater magazine capacity than the .45 ACP. After extensive testing, focused almost entirely on the cartridge’s superior ballistics, the FBI wasted no time in officially adopting the 10mm as the solution to its handgun problems.

But the handgun problems of the FBI, as it turned out, went far beyond ballistics.

In the first place, the 10mm was more than the gunmakers thought it was. The relentless slide battering dished out by the high-pressure 10mm load proved more than any pistol then in existence could handle. The Bren Ten, which was actually a slightly reworked CZ 75, a fine gun originally designed around the modest 9mm cartridge, suffered cracked frames at the hands of the far more powerful 10mm. The Smith & Wesson Model 1076, which was also an adaptation of a lesser gun and was the specific model adopted by the FBI, started shooting itself apart before agents could even qualify with it. Steel 1911 frames fared not much better."

BruceO
08-21-2012, 20:44
In the first place, the 10mm was more than the gunmakers thought it was. The relentless slide battering dished out by the high-pressure 10mm load proved more than any pistol then in existence could handle. The Bren Ten, which was actually a slightly reworked CZ 75, a fine gun originally designed around the modest 9mm cartridge, suffered cracked frames at the hands of the far more powerful 10mm. The Smith & Wesson Model 1076, which was also an adaptation of a lesser gun and was the specific model adopted by the FBI, started shooting itself apart before agents could even qualify with it. Steel 1911 frames fared not much better."

Well, now that you have quoted all of the common knowledge internet, gunrag, urban myths you know, it is obvious that what you don't know is a lot. Even what you quoted about the Norma 200 grain FMJTC ammo isn't exactly correct.

If you want to upgrade your knowledge to the point where you can make an informed, intelligent argument-read the book. If not, it's your story, so stick with it.

Opie 1 Kenopie
08-22-2012, 20:09
Kee-Rist! :whistling:

Rigormootis
08-23-2012, 19:52
Wow -- take a hint, man!

Bruce -- haven't we tried this already? This is an opinion thread where you seem to think yours is the only one that matters. If you are really a moderator elsewhere (and I'm sure you are), please take a step back and look at what you've been posting. All your chest-thumping is just making you sound like a fmr. school yard bully who now spends most of his time in his parents’ basement. You've added your opinion to this thread plenty of times -- why not let others voice theirs without appointing yourself the judge and jury? Why can’t you get that what’s best for you isn’t the same for a lot of people here? Really, you need to get over yourself.

BruceO
08-24-2012, 01:17
You know, you're right about this being an opinion thread for the most part. In the case of Alwaysshootin's last post, that is actually a statement of opinion. Has to be because it definitely isn't fact based. At any rate, it is getting a little testy so I'll quite agitating by calling people on that and just drift into the background again.

alwaysshootin
08-24-2012, 04:29
Wow -- take a hint, man!

Bruce -- haven't we tried this already? This is an opinion thread where you seem to think yours is the only one that matters. If you are really a moderator elsewhere (and I'm sure you are), please take a step back and look at what you've been posting. All your chest-thumping is just making you sound like a fmr. school yard bully who now spends most of his time in his parents’ basement. You've added your opinion to this thread plenty of times -- why not let others voice theirs without appointing yourself the judge and jury? Why can’t you get that what’s best for you isn’t the same for a lot of people here? Really, you need to get over yourself.

Not my opinion, but obviously, others!

http://the10mmautoisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

BruceO
08-24-2012, 16:55
The information contained in that article is about as factually accurate as information taken from IMFDB.com. However, in view of the fact that mine comes from the actual principles involved, I tend to consider mine as reliable. Also, there are a couple of fellows over at the Big Blue Smith & Wesson Forum who are former FBI agents, major S&W M1076 collectors and I tend to believe them rather than gun rags. They have produced and shared the contents of both internal FBI documents regarding late'80's-early 90's ammo & firearms testing along with internal Smith & Wesson documents regarding the supposed issues with the 1076. They obtained these documents thru their relationship with members of the FBI's FTU. Feel free to head on over there and search for these threads. Or, then again, keep your "knowledge of the subject" in it's currrent static condition. To me, it matters not. Just don't feed me a full ration of opinion and label it as fact regardless whether you believe it or not. Fact and opinion are not mutually inclusive terms.

So long.

_The_Shadow
08-24-2012, 18:30
I don't think the original idea of this thread was to be a pissing match by any means, and it seems that these kind ot topics always lead to people being call out so to speak! This does nothing to help anyones' views and others tend to form opinions which may not be represenitive of that persons true character!

The 10mm platform, for better or worst, has been pretty good but it is sad that not many gun makers are supporting the cartridge as they once did!

I praise Glock for it's continued support maintaining the G20 and G29 models.

But personally I continue my love for the S&W 10xx series of robust quality stainless steel firearms, build to handle the ballistic potential that is True 10mm power!
I think the 610 and 310 are probably over built but are very robust as far as revolvers go!

I would like to see other manufactures like S&W, Springfield, Ruger and Taurus turn out some nice new modern models, pistols, carbines and revolvers chambered for our favorite 10mm cartridge!

BruceO
08-24-2012, 19:06
Hey Shadow!

Roger that!

nickE10mm
08-26-2012, 19:03
I praise Glock for it's continued support maintaining the G20 and G29 models.

I most definitely agree with this as well ...

And also, someday I'd also like a 610 and a 1006...

inspectorjj
08-26-2012, 20:01
In this thread, I don't think it is fair to compare automatics to revolvers. My opinion is that taking everything into consideration (money, dependability, ability to customize) Glock is the clear choice for a 10MM automatic. However, as far as quality goes, the S&W revolvers are hard to beat.

This is my current opinion. If as The Shadow says, if the other quality manufacturers designed for the 10MM cartridge rather than using a .45 format, then the quality would go up tremedously.

Incidently, I would trade my G29 for a S&W 610 Hunter with the 6.5" barrel in a heartbeat if I only had to have one gun. But, since it is my rights to have more than one, why not have both.

pasky2112
08-26-2012, 23:08
The same reason people buy the Prius...

_The_Shadow
08-27-2012, 08:39

Can't say I would disagree with that...Some want cheaper others buy expensive. But the main drive is LE contracts. Also remember that LE has a duty to act, by that I mean, they serve and protect. In saying that they really don't want to kill the perp if they can bring them to justice. Any missed shots (property damage) or innocent people (injured or killed) will bring about lawsuits and are bad for public relations of a department! Also LE work in close proxsimity to each other (CQB so to speak) and they don't want to hit each other.

With all that said, many departments are using 40S&W & 9mm with many returning back to 9mm guns and many are carring tazers as well.

This is why we don't see any 10mm guns being developed.:crying:

People liking the 10mm may find the needs for the for it to cover a wider range of circumstances, distance, heavier cover, hunting and self defense needs, even though the 10mm enthusast are alive and well, searching for the next great modern featured 10mm semiauto guns.
Examples like;
M&P 10mm
10mm XD
EAA 10mm (if they get their quality control better)
SAR 10mm (if they ever import those)
Taurus 10mm
VLTOR Bren Ten (revised)( but they dropped the ball)

With all that said Glock is the only mass produced, work very well, rugged, reliable and reasonably priced hand guns chambered in our farorite cartridge. Yes there are the 1911 styled guns which I consider custom guns (since Colt dropped their DE's) and their pricing reflects custom guns! :wow: With today's modern CNC machines they should more reasonably priced. I think this is why I like the Fusion line, if I were to get the 1911 style.

Meanwhile as I wait for my next 10mm gun, I'll just continue to enjoy the S&W10xx series guns and the Glock 29 to satify my needs! :supergrin:

swinokur
08-27-2012, 11:09
Colt still makes the Delta Elite.

pasky2112
08-27-2012, 17:25
Can't say I would disagree with that...Some want cheaper others buy expensive. But the main drive is LE contracts. Also remember that LE has a duty to act, by that I mean, they serve and protect. In saying that they really don't want to kill the perp if they can bring them to justice. Any missed shots (property damage) or innocent people (injured or killed) will bring about lawsuits and are bad for public relations of a department! Also LE work in close proxsimity to each other (CQB so to speak) and they don't want to hit each other.

With all that said, many departments are using 40S&W & 9mm with many returning back to 9mm guns and many are carring tazers as well.

This is why we don't see any 10mm guns being developed.:crying:

People liking the 10mm may find the needs for the for it to cover a wider range of circumstances, distance, heavier cover, hunting and self defense needs, even though the 10mm enthusast are alive and well, searching for the next great modern featured 10mm semiauto guns.
Examples like;
M&P 10mm
10mm XD
EAA 10mm (if they get their quality control better)
SAR 10mm (if they ever import those)
Taurus 10mm
VLTOR Bren Ten (revised)( but they dropped the ball)

With all that said Glock is the only mass produced, work very well, rugged, reliable and reasonably priced hand guns chambered in our farorite cartridge. Yes there are the 1911 styled guns which I consider custom guns (since Colt dropped their DE's) and their pricing reflects custom guns! :wow: With today's modern CNC machines they should more reasonably priced. I think this is why I like the Fusion line, if I were to get the 1911 style.

Meanwhile as I wait for my next 10mm gun, I'll just continue to enjoy the S&W10xx series guns and the Glock 29 to satify my needs! :supergrin:
Quite simply, in regards to Glock in 10mm...I can afford it and I trust it.

ModGlock17
08-28-2012, 07:49
:popcorn: ^^^

+ 1

ModGlock17
08-28-2012, 08:16

The main reason I bought Prius is performance. LOL. LOL

Actually, I bought them (2) because of the Continuously variable Xmission and the immediate power when you press the pedal. Good gas mileage is just nice, but not the driver. Over 150k miles and strong as ever.

Similarly, Glock is lighter than 10xx, easy to clean, reliable, durable enough. Not costing half of my bank account is nice, but not the driver.

Just want to illustrate that decision to buy is fragmented, in general.

purrrfect 10
11-17-2013, 06:35
Quite simply, in regards to Glock in 10mm...I can afford it and I trust it.

+1 :perfect10: Best in my book

oldsoldier
11-17-2013, 07:39
I only own two Glocks now the G19 and G20 but have owned others in the past. I like the G19 because it is my favorite sized Glock and feels the best in hand. It's easy to carry but still provides high capacity. I have the G20SF because it is fun to shoot. I hand load all of my ammo so the cost of 10mm is not much more expensive and in some cases less expensive than anything else I load. I'm keeping a look out for a good S&W 10 series too.

S3lfmedicated
11-17-2013, 10:55
typical forum fanboys who do not realize the 9mm is a more than adequate round.

shot placement. period.

:tongueout:

attrapereves
11-17-2013, 12:56

shot placement. period.

Sure, 9mm is a great round for self defense and is really not that much different than a 40 or 45. I usually carry a 9mm as they weigh less than my G20 or 29 and hold more bullets. I can also get more rounds on target.

However, that is where the 9mm stops. The 9mm is simply self-defense caliber and nothing more. The 10mm is much more versatile. You can load it with 135gr pills all the way up to 200gr or more. It's excellent for deer and boar.

I would NEVER take a 9mm as a trail gun or hunting sidearm. I guarantee that a 9mm makes a terrible hunting gun, while the 10mm can compete with 357Mag revolvers.

I remember a guy about a year ago claiming that the 9mm is perfectly adequate for bear defense as long as you dump the mag. Right... The 10mm is the MINIMUM I'd want to carry when going into bear territory.

JimBob103
12-11-2013, 16:51
http://americanhandgunner.com/connor...ombat-modpaks/ (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=c28cc990cb7f639194cc1ceeff87503b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carolinashootersclub.com%2Fthreads%2F121658-NC-Custom-Glocks%3Fp%3D1315927%23post1315927&v=1&libId=708fa903-3732-420b-9433-d791694b1bc8&out=http%3A%2F%2Famericanhandgunner.com%2Fconnor...ombat-modpaks%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carolinashootersclub.com%2Fmembers%2F17261-JimBob103&title=NC%20Custom%20Glocks%20-%20Page%204%23post1315927&txt=http%3A%2F%2Famericanhandgunner.com%2Fconnor...ombat-modpaks%2F&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_138680186377010)

b1det
12-11-2013, 21:04
There is a lot of good load data . It can be loaded light or heavy and hot or mild it is a great cartridge and keeps getting better. I love my gen 3 g20 so much I bought another and have not touched my .45 since.

throb
12-12-2013, 11:27
I've had my g20 gen3 since Feb of this year. Although ammo is not available locally, there are countless on line providers and the prices are equalizing out with other popular calibers. The varieties of load size and velocity are countless.
Reloading will be my next step to increase the experience with this platform. I read the 10 ring without fail for my enjoyment of further learning from the gurus posting there.
The g20 feeds and fires all types of ammo from wild to mild and is a hoot to shoot!:cool:::cool:

texas 48
12-14-2013, 18:46

AHolster makes a great kydex pocket holster for the 29. Have a good tight belt however.

Bongo Boy
12-21-2013, 01:38
I have no warm feelings for my G20, really. It's just another 10 on the shelf. The G29, though, is for some reason a gun I feel is exceptional. If I didn't own one, I'd think it was a lame attempt to make something too small and compact for the job it has to do. Owning one, I feel it is a marvel.

I think maybe I have just gotten to the point where I have no fondness for any handgun that I don't feel I would carry--or at least would want to carry.

Other than all that, I feel I owe Glock $600 just to repay them for their commitment to producing a 10mm. In fact, I feel this burning need to send my money to anyone that produces a 10. I think I'll write out that check to Fusion right now...

nickE10mm
12-21-2013, 17:51
I have no warm feelings for my G20, really. It's just another 10 on the shelf. The G29, though, is for some reason a gun I feel is exceptional. If I didn't own one, I'd think it was a lame attempt to make something too small and compact for the job it has to do. Owning one, I feel it is a marvel.

I think maybe I have just gotten to the point where I have no fondness for any handgun that I don't feel I would carry--or at least would want to carry.

Other than all that, I feel I owe Glock $600 just to repay them for their commitment to producing a 10mm. In fact, I feel this burning need to send my money to anyone that produces a 10. I think I'll write out that check to Fusion right now...

Just go ahead and send me that G20 ... I'll give her some lovin' And I agree, go ahead and write out that check to Fusion. You will be a better man for it. ;)

Rigormootis
12-22-2013, 23:44

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Over the last 10-12 years, I have bought and sold 2 G20s, 3 different S&W 10xx series, 2 610s, and one 3rd gen G29. I was never truly satisfied with any of them (well, maybe I really wish I still had my 6.5" 610) until I bought a G29sf. The "SF" frame made all the difference for my hands. I now have 2 G29sf pistols...they are my only 10mms. I've even got my eye open for another SF/4th Gen.

Rigormootis
12-22-2013, 23:50
I only own two Glocks now the G19 and G20 but have owned others in the past. I like the G19 because it is my favorite sized Glock and feels the best in hand. It's easy to carry but still provides high capacity. I have the G20SF because it is fun to shoot. I hand load all of my ammo so the cost of 10mm is not much more expensive and in some cases less expensive than anything else I load. I'm keeping a look out for a good S&W 10 series too.

The G19 is also the Glock that feels best in my hand. I also shoot it more accurately than any other. This is why I have some to appreciate the G29sf so much. To me, it carries and points very similarly to the G19 -- that can even share many holsters.

Big Shrek
01-02-2014, 19:45

shot placement. period.

During training back around early 1990-ish, we were shown a dashcam vid...
it showed a man on his front porch engauging LEO's with a pistol,
the man was hit 19 times by 9mm rounds, including Two headshots...
(those two shots removed brain matter & placed it on the wall behind him)
yet he kept on firing until his ammo was depleted,
then threw the pistol at LEO's,
and whipped out a knife and Charged them...at which time a smart officer
brought out a 12-gauge and nailed him with two blasts,
finalizing him next to the squad cars.

Moral of the story?
9mm was created to replace .38spl, and has very similar ballistic properties.
With all the Good and Bad of that particular round...
And sometimes a 350 pound crackhead is going to shrug off the tiny 9mm you shoot at him...

While 10mm has its own foiliables,
I'll take those issues over 9mm's weakness any day.

Big Shrek
01-02-2014, 19:53

Slap a Lone Wolf long barrel & Longslide on the 20
& go Hunting with it...makes the world a different place for that pistol
:nsb::nsb::nsb:

achall29
01-03-2014, 13:47
Own a G 20 10mm Great for Hunting
G 29 great to carry

10mm vs 4 legs good
10mm vs 2 legs dead and down

Shaker223
01-03-2014, 14:28
Own a G 20 10mm Great for Hunting
G 29 great to carry

10mm vs 4 legs good
10mm vs 2 legs dead and down

My G20 is dual purpose! :cool:

happie2shoot
01-04-2014, 11:09
My G20 is dual purpose! :cool:

My g20 has many purposes, 9mm, 357sig, 40s&w and 10mm.

crsuribe
01-04-2014, 14:43
I love mine and have had more fun with it than with my gf

Arnold Kuhl
01-10-2014, 09:04
I apologize in advance if this topic has already been discussed. But my question is this:
Can I convert a G20 into a .357SIG or .40S&W by simply installing a conversion barrel for that particular caliber (i.e., Lone Wolf)? Will the G20 mags accommodate .357SIG and .40S&W rounds? Is anything else required other than the conversion bbl.?

Thanks,
AK

DeltaSteve
01-10-2014, 09:28
Have a number of 1911 by various semi-custom makers. Have 6 or so pocket pistols and a P200sk ........ect., ect. Although I've got to say I like 'em all for one reason or another. My g3 Glock 29 is pretty doggone sweet :). Some people say it's a little too snappy on the recoil but my wife loves it too.

_The_Shadow
01-10-2014, 11:25
I apologize in advance if this topic has already been discussed. But my question is this:
Can I convert a G20 into a .357SIG or .40S&W by simply installing a conversion barrel for that particular caliber (i.e., Lone Wolf)? Will the G20 mags accommodate .357SIG and .40S&W rounds? Is anything else required other than the conversion bbl.?

Thanks,
AK

Yes swapping out to the conversion barrel is all that is needed for 40S&W, 357Sig and 9x25Dillon. The appropriate cartridges will feed from the G-20 magazines. :supergrin:

Some people have shot the 40S&W from the 10mm barrels without ill affects. I prefer to use the conversion barrel because the casing headspaces on the case mouth and not the extractor. Also the longer free chamber can cause the shorter 40S&W bullet to shave off material as it makes the jump from the shorter casing across the end of the chamber cut of a 10mm barrel. :whistling:

Arnold Kuhl
01-10-2014, 15:54
Yes swapping out to the conversion barrel is all that is needed for 40S&W, 357Sig and 9x25Dillon. The appropriate cartridges will feed from the G-20 magazines. :supergrin:

Some people have shot the 40S&W from the 10mm barrels without ill affects. I prefer to use the conversion barrel because the casing headspaces on the case mouth and not the extractor. Also the longer free chamber can cause the shorter 40S&W bullet to shave off material as it makes the jump from the shorter casing across the end of the chamber cut of a 10mm barrel. :whistling:
Very good point. I think that it's unfortunate that many shooters don't seem to have a firm grasp of the concept of "headspace." Over the years, and doing reloading for more than 20 years, I've developed an appreciation for headspace.

I personally would never shoot a .40S&W cartridge out of a 10mm gun, without using a converstion bbl. But as you point out, many folks do without ill effect. But I insist on correct headspacing, for the sake of accuracy, but mainly for the sake of safety.

This 9x25 Dillon thing has got me interested. I'm guessing it's kind of a wildcat type of caliber, which may bear some further research on my part. But first, I have to get my hands on a new Gen4 G20, which are quite scarce right now.

Regards,
AK

_The_Shadow
01-10-2014, 19:35
Arnold There is some 9x25 info and data here on GT; http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228796

And also some stuff on the 10mmFirearms forum, http://10mm-firearms.com/index.php

The barrels at 6" are much better for bringing out the the true potential of the 9x25Dillon
The Dillon Dies are on the expensive side but well worth the money to form and size your brass and it has a seater die and crimp die in the set but there is no neck expander die, I use the 9mm or 357Sig expander for this operation.
Best regards! :)

Arnold Kuhl
01-11-2014, 08:29
Arnold There is some 9x25 info and data here on GT; http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228796

And also some stuff on the 10mmFirearms forum, http://10mm-firearms.com/index.php

The barrels at 6" are much better for bringing out the the true potential of the 9x25Dillon
The Dillon Dies are on the expensive side but well worth the money to form and size your brass and it has a seater die and crimp die in the set but there is no neck expander die, I use the 9mm or 357Sig expander for this operation.
Best regards! :)
Thanks much for the info. Much appreciated. I'll check it out.

AK

Bongo Boy
01-13-2014, 20:02

Well, the problem is that this thread was started to discuss the 10mm Glock, and that pistol isn't offered in 9mm, only the 9mm Glock is.

Given it's a Glock focused site and a 10mm-focused sub-forum, I suppose it might not be too surprising that folks like, and like to discuss, the 10mm Glock. Even though it isn't offered in the 'more than adequate' 9mm.

Fortunately, we have interests in and the ability to appreciate a spectrum of things based on criteria other than their being 'more than adequate' by someone else's criteria.

I think that, usually, when a forum is frequented by mature adults, when someone says "Isn't this just the best!" they're really not looking to convert the masses to Believe...it seems to me they're just celebrating. I'm pretty sure most of the fanboys here shoot and enjoy shooting just about everything, even 9mm. :)

...but the 10mm Glock doesn't come in that caliber.

4949shooter
01-14-2014, 05:40
I think all Glock 10mm's should be chambered in 9mm.

It would make things so much easier..

Bongo Boy
01-14-2014, 08:46
:rofl: ...and consolidate the ammo locker a bit, too.

2c1f
01-26-2014, 18:06
After reading this thread I am even more exicted about picking up my glock 20sf

moglk47
01-29-2014, 22:41
I have a gen 2 g20 and a gen 3 29sf and really like both.If I could only have one handgun it would be the 29sf,it's not the best conceal carry but will work and not the best for hunting but I think the best all around pistol made.

Numbnuts
02-04-2014, 09:11
I have a G20SF with KKM barrel for 10mm and 40 SW and trigger work done. I also have a G29 Gen3 with the KKM barrels.

I reload the 10 and 40 with 180gr lead bullets from www.lucky13bullets.com (http://www.lucky13bullets.com) without any problems.

The G29 feels better in my hand than the G20.

I also have a g21 gen 4 and G30 with KKM barrels.

Numbnuts
02-06-2014, 10:54
I am the FNG here.
I have several 10 mm from Glock. The G20 is a gen 4 with a KKM barrel in 10mm and 40 SW barrel, a G29 with the same set up.
I use 180 gr FMJ, plated and lead in the KKM barrels.
The G20 has some work done but the G29 is stock.
My G21 and G30 wish they could be shot more but I enjoy the flat shooting 10mm.
Thanks

crsuribe
02-06-2014, 17:13
I cannot put into words how much fun I've had with my G.20SF and all the hand loading I've done for it... I love that gun.