FMJ and JHP with same trajectory [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FMJ and JHP with same trajectory

hydrated
06-04-2012, 01:15
I posted this in the Caliber Corner Forum but was wondering if you had any thoughts on it. I am wondering if there are any FMJ and JHP rounds that have the same trajectory? Therefore one could practice with the less expensive FMJ but still have the same POI/aim that they would with the JHP. I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 and I see that a lot of people like and recommend the Speer Gold Dot 124 +p. But it does not look like (judging from the Speer website) this round has the same trajectory as the Speer Lawman 124. Is there a different round that matches? Or is there a different combination you could recommend?

Mas Ayoob
06-04-2012, 17:14
The Lawman 124 grain 9mm training load is pretty warm. Try it under controlled conditions at the range, but I don't think you'll see much point of aim/point of impact difference between it and your 124 grain +P Gold Dot at the various distances.

The +P will have slightly more recoil, and if you want to duplicate that with less expensive training ammo, try 9mm NATO ball such as the Winchester Ranger.

best,
Mas