France: 50,000 Victims of Female Genital Mutilation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : France: 50,000 Victims of Female Genital Mutilation

Paul7
06-04-2012, 11:25
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18376776

BTW, this has also happened in the US.

How's that multiculturalism working out?

High-Gear
06-04-2012, 11:42

What a great argument for banning all religion.

How many boys are harmed by needless circumcision?

Advocates of routine circumcision say it is a safe procedure, with a negligible rate of mistakes and things that go wrong, and in a relative sense (compared with brain or heart surgery) this may be true. Even so, the rate of immediate complications in the USA is between 3 and 9 per cent, meaning (tens of thousands of boys each year), with a further 5 per cent experiencing problems later. Outside the sterile wards of US hospitals, in tribal initiation settings as in Africa, circumcision may infect boys with tuberculosis, tetanus and possibly AIDS, as well as causing crippling injury to the *****. Between 60 and 80 boys die each year in southern Africa alone. Even in developed countries, such as Canada, the United States and Australia, in hygienic conditions and with all the paraphernalia of modern medicine, deaths occur regularly.

Paul7
06-04-2012, 12:02

By that reasoning we should ban atheism since Communism killed more than all religions in history put together.

Clusterfrack
06-04-2012, 12:08
What's atheism have to do with communism?

Paul7
06-04-2012, 12:51
What's atheism have to do with communism?

What does the OP have to do with Christianity?

High-Gear
06-04-2012, 13:05
What does the OP have to do with Christianity?

Other than using a religous excuse to mutilate children's genetalia?

High-Gear
06-04-2012, 13:05
By that reasoning we should ban atheism since Communism killed more than all religions in history put together.

Show me where they killed in the name of atheism.

English
06-04-2012, 13:18

And here you go again with the same nonsense! Communist don't disbelieve the existence of God because of reasoned evidence based argument but because they have an ideology which is competing with Christianity for followers. Do try to be rational about the things that don't impinge on your religion and stop trotting out the same stale nonsense!

By all means attack Communists because they are evil, but they are not evil because they are atheists but because they follow an evil ideology. Communism is not a creation of atheism, but merely a small part of it.

English

Paul7
06-04-2012, 13:40
Show me where they killed in the name of atheism.

Now you're going to say Stalin, Mao, etc are not really atheists?

Bren
06-04-2012, 13:42

The genital mutilation they are talking about would be more akin to cutting off the entire *****, than circumcision. Your comparison is silly.

Paul7
06-04-2012, 13:42
Other than using a religous excuse to mutilate children's genetalia?

You really compare male circumcision with Muslim female genital mutilation?

You can't make this stuff up on GTRI.......

jbotstein1
06-04-2012, 13:43

Advocates of routine circumcision say it is a safe procedure, with a negligible rate of mistakes and things that go wrong, and in a relative sense (compared with brain or heart surgery) this may be true. Even so, the rate of immediate complications in the USA is between 3 and 9 per cent, meaning (tens of thousands of boys each year), with a further 5 per cent experiencing problems later. Outside the sterile wards of US hospitals, in tribal initiation settings as in Africa, circumcision may infect boys with tuberculosis, tetanus and possibly AIDS, as well as causing crippling injury to the *****. Between 60 and 80 boys die each year in southern Africa alone. Even in developed countries, such as Canada, the United States and Australia, in hygienic conditions and with all the paraphernalia of modern medicine, deaths occur regularly.

What are these complications? What is your source? Are you aware that circumcision in Africa greatly decreases the chances of contracting HIV and other STDs? Probably saves a lot more than the 60-80 that die each year (which is still questionable pending your source identification).

ChuteTheMall
06-04-2012, 13:44
Pics or it didn't happen.

Brasso
06-04-2012, 14:05
Quit posting things that make the liberal asshats who support these guys look bad. How is Obama going to get re-elected?

Lone Wolf8634
06-04-2012, 15:02
Now you're going to say Stalin, Mao, etc are not really atheists?

Same tired refrain.

Not the question asked. He asked "Show me where they killed in the name of atheism."

Kingarthurhk
06-04-2012, 16:54

Well, I was born in a military hospital and they trimmed the trouser snake. No ill effects or trauma over some missing skin.

High-Gear
06-04-2012, 17:10
The genital mutilation they are talking about would be more akin to cutting off the entire *****, than circumcision. Your comparison is silly.

I did not want to lessen the horror of what they are doing to thise women! It makes me very angry. I wanted to point out the thougght errors which lead to irrational acts in the name of religion. Who would think to take a knife or sharp stone and cut off a part of a child? Who would be that cruel if not for a religious mandate?

The circumcision reference is to point out how these folks think. If your bible commanded it, i bet a large group of you would be struggling to justify female genital mutilation.

If it werent for religion it would be called abuse.

High-Gear
06-04-2012, 17:11
What are these complications? What is your source? Are you aware that circumcision in Africa greatly decreases the chances of contracting HIV and other STDs? Probably saves a lot more than the 60-80 that die each year (which is still questionable pending your source identification).

http://www.circumstitions.com/death.html

If you are so worried about stopping the spread of AIDS in africa, petition the Pope to allow condom use! Way more effective!

Tilley
06-04-2012, 18:22
Pics or it didn't happen.

You are one sick democrat...:upeyes:

void *
06-05-2012, 10:25

The prevalence of FGM is actually on the decline overall, due to external influence (i.e., people coming in and telling them the truth: No, it won't turn into male genitals, etc). Do you consider leaving them alone such that the prevalence does not decline, and more girls get cut overall (just, you know, none whose parents have emigrated to the U.S., where we can actually arrest for child abuse, etc, or none in Europe, where, as your article indicates, the parents can be prosecuted for neglect) the morally superior path?

jbotstein1
06-05-2012, 14:10
http://www.circumstitions.com/death.html

If you are so worried about stopping the spread of AIDS in africa, petition the Pope to allow condom use! Way more effective!

What? I'm not sure that the Pope has any control over the sexual practices in Africa. Condoms are legal and encouraged in America, but how many tennagers actually use them? As far as your link, I'll trust the numerous medical journals and CDC literature that supports circumcision. I have performed a few circumcisions, and witnessed many more, and it is a quick procedure. I've never witnessed a complication. I have seen, on multiple occasions, grown men who have complications with an uncircumcised organ. Actually had to circumcise an 87 year old man becuase he could not retract his foreskin because of adhesions which had formed to the glans. The risk to benefit ratio is unquestionable, and your conspiracy website is very unconvincing. How many physicians, who are probably the most educated on the topic, don't circumcise their sons? I'd bet it's a very low percentage.

jbotstein1
06-05-2012, 14:16
I think this is a more dependable and objective source. Unless you're a conspiracy theorist...

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/circumcision.htm

06-05-2012, 14:34

I know you live in New Mexico, how is that multiculturalism thing working out, Paul?

Woofie
06-06-2012, 07:14
The second sentence of the article:

Many Muslims in that part of the world wrongly believe it's dictated by Islam.

Once again a problem with some of the people who practice the religion, not the religion itself.

Gunhaver
06-06-2012, 08:30
If the end of it needs to be trimmed off then why didn't god make it that way in the first place? Is that just one of the flaws in his design that he expects us to fix on a case by case basis?

snowbird
06-06-2012, 09:18

Islam happens.

And treasonous dhimmis assist (I guess they have no survival sense, no shame and no sense of smell).

Today's total of deadly Muslim attacks since 9/11 has reached 19,002.

But there's good news too: in Wisconsin, the people successfully beat back the leftist Union thug attempt to recall a good governor who has fiscal sanity, and in Alameda County, California, the Supervisors came to their senses and cancelled a proposed "Palestinian Day" (June 5), which would have promoted jihad propaganda, Jew-hatred, and ultimately, the demise of Christian free civilization and all non-Muslim culture. So, thank God, and pray for strength in the struggles ahead.

Woofie
06-06-2012, 11:30
If the end of it needs to be trimmed off then why didn't god make it that way in the first place? Is that just one of the flaws in his design that he expects us to fix on a case by case basis?

http://i.qkme.me/3p5ek4.jpg

void *
06-06-2012, 13:05
Islam happens.

Question for you, snowbird. Do you think the muslim organizations and individual muftis who have issued fatwas against female genital mutilation are responsible for the terrorist attacks of radical islamics?

snowbird
06-07-2012, 07:52
Question for you, snowbird. Do you think the muslim organizations and individual muftis who have issued fatwas against female genital mutilation are responsible for the terrorist attacks of radical islamics?

"There is no moderate Islam"

-Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan

snowbird
06-07-2012, 08:29
Void, do your muftis and Muslim organizations also issue fatwas against the current crime wave of gang-rapes in Basel, Switzerland by 'religion-of-peace' punks?

void *
06-07-2012, 10:57
They're not mine, but thank you for avoiding the question entirely.

Here's another one for you to avoid: Should Islam be criticized for things that are actually done (like, say, issue fatwas that require a rape victim to be married to her father in law, who raped her) or for things that it can be demonstrably shown they are opposing (like, say, FGM, where fatwas have been issued banning the practice)?

Akil8290
06-07-2012, 23:01

Way to take that quote out of context.

What Erdogan was saying is that terms like "moderate Islam" and "radical Islam" are offensive, because terms like those suggest that things like terrorism, rape, female genital mutilation, murder are Islamic, which they are not. Terms like those make Islam appear to cover a wide range of practices from peaceful coexistance to war on non-Muslims and that these things are all under the same umbrella; they are not.

There is no "moderate Islam" or "radical Islam"; there is just Islam.

FYI, the Qur'an preaches against taking an extremist position and urges us to strive to take the middle path.

Akil8290
06-07-2012, 23:02

You also may want to answer void's question, as well.

snowbird
06-08-2012, 09:05
Should Islam be criticized for things that are actually done...?

I think so, but dhimmis and Muslim Islamosupremacists disagree. For exp, today's total of deadly Muslim attacks since 9/11 has reached 19,011. I think all of those vile murders are reprehensible, but get called a "bigot" for saying so.:upeyes:

As for FGM, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who suffered FGM herself as a girl in Somalia before she escaped to Western freedom, acknowledged that it is not exclusively Muslim, does not happen in all Muslim countries, and predates Islam, but it is often justified in the name of Islam.

The vast majority of FGM happens in Muslim lands, or amongst Muslim colonists in Western lands.

The Muslim Brotherhood, dedicated to upholding Islamic law, organized mobile medical convoys in Egypt to offer FGM. Dr. Hatem al-Haj, a fellow at the American Academy of Pediatrics, and a leading Muslim jurist, said FGM is "an honor" per Islam. And Mohammed Abdul, the Imam at a mosque in Bristol, England, was filmed urging a follower to take women and girls abroad so they can be circumcised legally -it was banned in 2003.

I think Islam should not only be criticized, but Muslim immigration should be stopped out of concern for our daughters, among many other reasons.

void *
06-08-2012, 11:53
So what I get from that, snowbird, is that you appear to feel justified in throwing away data points (the various muslim orginizations and individuals that have issued fatwas against FGM) because a member of a single muslim organization, which is in fact illegal in several muslim majority countries (and it used to be more, EGYPT, WHY U DO THAT?) supports it, and because people who believe in it send their children back to Africa to avoid local law.

Is that about right?

snowbird
06-10-2012, 07:04
...WHY U DO THAT?...

That's the question I'd love to see libs answer, regarding their bootlicking love for the religion of hate (and today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has reached 19,021).

void *
06-10-2012, 11:30
Way to quote out of context.

steveksux
06-10-2012, 11:35
Might as well ban milk drinking while you're at it.

Damn commies drank milk too.

Randy

steveksux
06-10-2012, 11:36

Sounds like it's working great. They don't have to travel back to their home country to get their kids genitals mutilated. Oh wait, its illegal, so I guess that multiculturalism isn't working so good since they haven't been allowing FGM in France. Turns out they DO have to keep it underground or risk prosecution.

Looks like your claim of multiculturalism is as baseless as all your arguments typically are.

Randy

steveksux
06-10-2012, 11:40

If we were made in His image, why are we snipping parts off?

Randy

steveksux
06-10-2012, 11:42
They're not mine, but thank you for avoiding the question entirely.

Here's another one for you to avoid: Should Islam be criticized for things that are actually done (like, say, issue fatwas that require a rape victim to be married to her father in law, who raped her) or for things that it can be demonstrably shown they are opposing (like, say, FGM, where fatwas have been issued banning the practice)?Duh! Obviously they should be criticized for both... Just answering for Snowbird in case he's away from the computer.

Randy

Gunhaver
06-10-2012, 13:11
That's the question I'd love to see libs answer, regarding their bootlicking love for the religion of hate (and today's total of deadly Muslim attacks just since 9/11 has reached 19,021).

Yep, you see it here all the time. "Libs" arguing and fighting for the rites of Muslims to beat their wives, rape marry and honor kill their daughters, mutilate female genitals, and behead anybody that tries to stop them, because they totally stand for all those things. :upeyes:

Jeeze, one crackhead judge makes a stupid ruling in a spousal abuse case and suddenly it's a "lib" conspiracy.