They say things happen in threes... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : They say things happen in threes...

kcb
06-04-2012, 16:16
They say things happen in threes...

but I'm losing count tonight!

Recently...

1. I've asked for prayer for a dear friend's nephew...Mikey.

2. I've asked for prayer for a lifelong friend's wife...Mary.

Both have Stage 3 or 4 Cancer.

I hadn't posted #3 YET, because I just received the confirmed details of a close former co-worker's recent tragedy and upcoming tragedy in her life today.

3. She is a young girl...she was our speech pathogist at our school...Master's Degree...just beginning in her field. A very
happy newlywed. Her sister was killed in a car accident last week. She and her husband were flying to the funeral, when her husband had a sudden and severe headache. His pupils were dilated when the plane landed, so an ambulance rushed him to the hospital, where they did emergency surgery. (She never made it to her sister's funeral.)

He had a tumor the size of an orange removed. It is Stage 4
Brain cancer. Even though they removed it all, she has been told it WILL grow back. He is terminal within 13 months.

4. My oldest daughter JUST called me, as I was was just peeking in on GT. Her mother-in-law had been rushed to the hospital last Sunday because she was having palpitations. They said it was anxiety and sent her home.

Lidia is a "special" women and it is a "challenge" to deal with her. But my daughter said that she was very different after the ordeal, and for the first time, she was very sweet and talked to her about things that NEEDED to be talked about for the first time. :hearts: My daughter is a very sweet and loving girl; I am so thankful that Lidia finally sees that in her.

WELL, she didn't not feel better, so she went back to the doctor. My sweet son-in-law just called my Jenni to tell her that his mom has a tumor in her lung and it is cancer.

Of course, my son-in-law is devastated! My heart is breaking for him. His father abandoned his family before we met him.

SO...PLEASE add these two additional prayer requests to your list tonight!

I do hope and pray that I have NO MORE to add for a very long time. I pray that I have 4 MIRACLES to report to you
in the VERY near FUTURE!

:crying: :angel: :angel: :angel:

tous
06-04-2012, 19:13
:angel: :hugs:

69stingray
06-04-2012, 20:31
:angel: Wow! prayers sent...

my Monday wasn't so bad after all.

Ray

ReyFufuRulesAll
06-04-2012, 22:34
I'm sorry KCB hunny! :sadangel:

All we can do is pray and wish and hope for miracles. I sincerely want nothing but the best for all involved :hugs: :angel: :hearts:

deputy tom
06-05-2012, 07:08
Prayers sent. tom.

gruntmedik
06-05-2012, 10:38
Prayers sent. :angel:

kcb
06-05-2012, 18:12
Thank you guys for your prayers, your time to post and your thoughts!

You are the best!

:hugs: :angel:

I believe in miracles!

kcb
06-10-2012, 07:05
#2. My lifelong friend's wife, Mary. I just read the update on her this morning.

She was admitted to critical care because she has a blood clot in her GOOD lung. She hasn't regained enough strength to begin her chemotherapy, yet.

Please pray hard for her today. She is very much loved...never smoked a day in her life...a very sweet, kind, and good person.

:crying: :angel:

Lone_Wolfe
06-11-2012, 02:55
Damn, just damn. Prayers outbound for them all.

kcb
07-22-2012, 09:18
Update. :crying:

2. My celebrity lifelong friend, took a leave of absence from his tour to be with and care for his wife during her chemotherapy. She had many complications which delayed the treatment, and the cancer was already in advanced stages when they discovered it.

Mary lost her battle at 1:30 am this morning, as she went to be with the Lord.

Please keep her husband, Gary, in your prayers as he walks
through the difficult road of adjusting to life without her.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :crying:

bruzer
07-22-2012, 09:33
Tears shed and prayer sent.
Mike

kcb
07-22-2012, 09:39
Thank you!

I didn't want to be specific about who it was until I knew the information was public.

But it has just been posted on .38 Special's website...

I went to school with Gary and he was in my group of friends that we ran around with. His mother was my Sunday school
teacher. His dad was a Deacon in the church with my dad.

http://38special.com/news/tragic-loss

He travels all the time, but about 8 years ago, we had a reunion, and they (.38 Special ) were doing a concert here at the same time. SO, we got to spend time with him, and meet his wife (briefly). She was a very sweet and beautiful lady!

Today is a sad day, but we all know she suffers no more!

Lone_Wolfe
07-22-2012, 12:06
I'm so sorry to hear this. :crying: Cancer sucks!

Blast
07-22-2012, 21:19
:angel:

nursetim
07-22-2012, 21:46
Prayers in bound for all concerned.

CJStudent
07-23-2012, 01:06
Prayers sent, KCB. :hugs:

Dinky
07-23-2012, 06:31
So sorry Karen..

kcb
07-27-2012, 20:16
Thanks everyone! It's been a sad week.

I've lost my dad; my husband has lost both of his parents.

Gary still has both of his parents, so his wife is the first
person close to him that he lost. When I realized that
last night, it really made me feel so sad for him.

You somehow expect to lose your parents...but never your children or your spouse first.

I don't know what I would have done without my hubby when I lost my dad! He was my rock.

I haven't heard from Gary since the services Wednesday night.

Now the toughest days begin.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

:angel: :crying:

Lone_Wolfe
07-27-2012, 20:57
Consider it done.

kcb
08-02-2012, 18:37
Since I last posted, my daughter's mother-in-law had 1/3 of her lung removed.

She's expected to do well. Please pray for her....and my son-in-law and daughter, God Bless her, she can be a very difficult lady.

kcb
08-02-2012, 18:39
Last night, I received a private message via facebook from my friend who lost his wife. He is going through a VERY tough time right now...he asked for me to please pray for him.

:crying:

So, please keep him lifted up during this very difficult time in his life!

Thank you!

kcb
08-02-2012, 18:40
Consider it done.

:hugs: Thank you Lone Wolfe! You are the best! :wavey:

wrenrj1
08-02-2012, 18:47
Sometimes our resolve is tested, some people more than others; we don't know why, or if the rule of 3's is anything but coincidence. It's the strength of our beliefs that moves us through and forward from these difficult times. Hang in there kcb.

kcb
08-02-2012, 19:01

Prayers in bound for all concerned.

Sometimes our resolve is tested, some people more than others; we don't know why, or if the rule of 3's is anything but coincidence. It's the strength of our beliefs that moves us through and forward from these difficult times. Hang in there kcb.

It isn't me that I'm worried about so much as those people that I love and care about!

Hearts are broken and prayer is all I can offer...God and my beliefs in Him keeps me moving forward.

My heart breaks for my loved ones!

Lone_Wolfe
08-02-2012, 21:53
:hugs: Thank you Lone Wolfe! You are the best! :wavey:

I try, anyway. :hugs:

Can I get you to stop by this thread, http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435142 , and send up some prayer for the painless passing of someone near and dear to me. Thanks.

kcb
08-03-2012, 12:59
I try, anyway. :hugs:

Can I get you to stop by this thread, http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435142 , and send up some prayer for the painless passing of someone near and dear to me. Thanks.

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear this!

Prayers already posted and going up for this family!

Lone_Wolfe
08-03-2012, 17:01
Be sure to read post 81, the situation has changed for the better.

kcb
08-04-2012, 09:59
Thank you for sharing that with me, LW!!! I did NOT see that post when I posted yesterday! I will continue to pray for him for more positive changes!

BTW, how are YOU doing?

kcb
08-10-2012, 12:40
THIS has been one of the saddest summers of my life!!

EVERY day that I have had the time to check my Facebook page, one of my friends has lost a parent this week. :crying:

Last night, we learned that the pastor who married my hubby and me passed away. He was very much in favor of our relationship when we started dating. His son introduced us, and was a groomsman in our wedding. His son, however, told my husband that HE was dating me and I was not available when he introduced us...which was NOT true! :rofl:

Our former pastor was 84 years old when he passed.

Time passes by!

69stingray
08-10-2012, 20:51
Hey Karen I'll have to agree with you. We all owe a death, it's sad when someone you know passes but I can usually find solice in fond memories and knowing that they lived a long happy life. Lately it seems at least in my circle that young ones are the ones dying. I wrote awhile back of an infant that died, just last week the teenage girl who lived down the street from my mother in law was killed in an auto accident, yesterday one of my coworkers lost his 3 yr old son. He had a virus and they took him to the doctor. He was given meds and sent home. Yesterday morning they couldn't wake him and called 911, he was pronounced dead 30 min later at the hospital. :crying: When I saw James (father) today I had no idea what to say to him......he and his wife need lots of prayers ......:sadangel:

kcb
08-11-2012, 14:20
Hey Karen I'll have to agree with you. We all owe a death, it's sad when someone you know passes but I can usually find solice in fond memories and knowing that they lived a long happy life. Lately it seems at least in my circle that young ones are the ones dying. I wrote awhile back of an infant that died, just last week the teenage girl who lived down the street from my mother in law was killed in an auto accident, yesterday one of my coworkers lost his 3 yr old son. He had a virus and they took him to the doctor. He was given meds and sent home. Yesterday morning they couldn't wake him and called 911, he was pronounced dead 30 min later at the hospital. :crying: When I saw James (father) today I had no idea what to say to him......he and his wife need lots of prayers ......:sadangel:

I will be praying for the teenage girl and the little boy and their families. Both are so sad...gone way too soon!

It is so hard when it happens to children who haven't had a chance to live their lives yet. Did they find anymore about James' son as to what caused his death? :crying: I can't imagine how hard that is to deal with as a parent! :sadangel:

69stingray
08-11-2012, 21:49
I will be praying for the teenage girl and the little boy and their families. Both are so sad...gone way too soon!

It is so hard when it happens to children who haven't had a chance to live their lives yet. Did they find anymore about James' son as to what caused his death? :crying: I can't imagine how hard that is to deal with as a parent! :sadangel:

Thanks Karen, we haven't found out anything else. I know they are doing an autopsy to determine what caused his death. It's just a sad sad situation for James and his wife. All we know to do at work is to be supportive while he goes through this, not sure when he will return yet. I just can't imagine the pain of losing a child and hope and pray I never know it. My uncle said to me when my 1st cousin died "it's not supposed to be like this, your children are supposed to bury you, your not supposed to bury them" that was many years ago but it's stuck with me.

kcb
08-20-2012, 15:14
Wow.

I just got home after a not so bad first day of school...
had to check a few things on the computer...

:crying: There was a message from, I'd have to say he is my
BEST life long friend from all the way back to junior high school,
waiting for me.

He lost his mother yesterday after a long and brave battle with breast cancer. His family is very near and dear to me and my husband. His kids call me "Aunt Karen" and my hubby by "Uncle". We love them so much!

She was 85 years old. His father is also still living, not sure how old he is...but he's had health issues, too.

Please keep them in your prayers.

:crying: :angel:

kcb
08-24-2012, 19:45
Feeling thankful tonight...

My older sister's husband has been in the emergency room all day, and has been admitted to the hospital. (He is quite a few years older than she...)

He had a heart attack about 4 years ago, and has been having chest pains for several days...

My sister and I work together at the same school...and about mid morning, I received a message that she was rushing to the Emergency room with my b-i-l.

By the time I got to speak to her, they were pretty sure he didn't have a heart attack, but are still waiting for blood work to come back. He will possibly have another catheterization procedure done in the morning pending the results.

They DID see a spot on the lung, which the ER doctor said was a lung infection (though he has NO symptoms of an infection...fever, cough etc...) and he/she ordered IV antibiotics. When her family doctor arrived this evening he was not happy about that in the absence of symptoms. (You treat the patient/symptoms, not the x-ray...to quote his doctor)

SO, we do not know what they actually saw on the lung.

So, still asking for prayers til we know the cause of the chest pain.

I contacted my little sister, who is in the process of driving her youngest daughter to New York City for her first year of college at NYU. We both agree that our b-i-l has not been looking well for a while. (My daughter said, "Mom, he's just old!") But he has always been young for his age. He still does not have any gray hair on his head. (doesn't have a LOT on the top of his head...but it is still very brown what he has.)

Thank you once again!

:angel: :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-24-2012, 20:22
..............So, still asking for prayers til we know the cause of the chest pain...........

:angel: :wavey:

You got 'em. :wavey:

kcb
08-24-2012, 21:02
Thanks, Lone Wolfe! :hugs:

I can NOT believe that since I last posted, I have something ELSE to add! :wow:

I think I need to go to sleep and pull the covers over my head for a long time....with my cell phone turned off and my computer unplugged!!!

I had also, in all the excitement this afternoon, received an e-mail from my mom telling me that her doctor was missing. I already knew that Monday, she had a doctor's appointment and when she got there, there was a note on the door....but I never got all the details. (I was too busy! :embarassed: )

Long too short. After I checked in here earlier, I went to check my e-mail, and I had a rather "fractured" (difficult to read) e-mail from my mom again....about her doctor. So I called her to understand what she was saying.

Her doctor and her husband, ends up, were missing when she went for her appointment Monday. It wasn't reported until Wednesday, by her son. Their bodies were finally found yesterday, by a maid in a hotel in Galveston, TX.

Mom is devastated. They "think" it is a drug overdose...but mom is so sure that her doctor would not do that.

I feel so bad for her.

On one hand, it made her finally see that bad things are happening all around her, and to people she knows. I am always telling her to be more careful and be aware of what is
going on around her. She is way too trusting.

She was happy I agreed that it "could be foul play" because
she doesn't want to believe anything else. But I don't want to think that it was foul play, either!

She is shocked. :sad:

BTW...this couple supposedly was celebrating their wedding anniversary. They are the same age as my hubby and I and they
have 3 children, (we have 2) around the same ages as our daughters. So, I think that my mom sees her like one of her daughters.

So sad!

Lone_Wolfe
08-24-2012, 21:07
Oh, damn. :crying:

kcb
10-26-2012, 19:30
Way beyond threes.....

Several weeks ago, I requested for my friends in the music thread to keep my husband in their thoughts and prayers.

A week ago yesterday, he had 12 pieces of tissue removed for a biopsy.

Please join me in prayer that the results will all be negative when we return to the doctor a week from Monday.

We are putting our full trust in God...and my husband has an amazing attitude. I KNOW God will be good to him!

Thank you!
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Lone_Wolfe
10-26-2012, 20:19
Oh damn, prayers being sent.

kcb
05-18-2013, 11:24
Way beyond threes.....

A week ago yesterday, he had 12 pieces of tissue removed for a biopsy.

Please join me in prayer that the results will all be negative when we return to the doctor a week from Monday.

We are putting our full trust in God...and my husband has an amazing attitude. I KNOW God will be good to him!

Thank you!
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Wow!

I stumbled on this old thread, and realized that I left it hanging.

THAT particular biopsy came back benign.

However, in March, his lab work continued to climb so on April 4, he had to have a second biopsy in which they took another
12 tissue samples.

On April 24, we were informed that of the 12 samples, one was malignant.

We are going through all of the pre-surgical procedures at this point, and he will have surgery this summer.

They say the tumor is small but aggressive. BUT the prognosis overall should be good.

Please keep my wonderful husband in your thoughts and prayers.

The date they were able to schedule is in July, but they are trying to move it up to June. Praying earnestly that an opening comes available.

The surgeon is a world known Robotics Surgeon. Patients come from all over the world to be treated by him and his team. My hubby feels at peace about his decision.

Lone_Wolfe
05-18-2013, 21:31
Sending prayers.

deputy tom
05-22-2013, 17:37
More prayers sent. tom.

dango
05-23-2013, 19:23
Prayers sent to all ..!

Hammerman Likens
05-23-2013, 21:35
Tell Kirby that the Hammerman is thinking about him :wavey:

kcb
05-24-2013, 04:09
Thanks everyone for your prayers!!!

This has been a tough week for him....toughest yet!

The surgeon's office is going to move the surgery up. His pathology report came back saying that his tumor was small but aggressive...so we want to have surgery as soon as we can.

This surgeon sees patients from all over the world, so he has
a heavy schedule. Today they are going to work to find a surgery slot sooner.

Please pray that they are able to do so! The girl that is scheduling surgery told me last night that they WILL find a
place for him.

You are the best! :hugs: :angel: