2 new glocks OD & FDE *pics* [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2 new glocks OD & FDE *pics*

ctfireman
06-06-2012, 15:28
I got tired of searching locally so i bought a G17 FDE on gunbroker for $499 & a OD G22 from a member here for $479. Just picked them both up & am very happy the search is over.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/mmsi1002/001-20.jpg

Heres a family pic. G17 FDE, G22 OD, G23 RTF2, & G30 gen 2.5
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/mmsi1002/003-19.jpg

I still have my G27 but dad's been carrying it lately.

ZekerMan
06-06-2012, 15:31
I'm jealous...

TxGlock9
06-06-2012, 15:37
Very nice.

Bruce M
06-06-2012, 15:40
Very nice - which color do you like better?

Folsom_Prison
06-06-2012, 16:03
Very nice!

WarEagle 1
06-06-2012, 16:08
Nice pick up!!

ctfireman
06-06-2012, 16:10
Very nice - which color do you like better?

Honestly can't choose one. I love them both.

Raven1967
06-06-2012, 16:43
Wow nice!

bac1023
06-06-2012, 16:46
Congrats! :cool:

Rustin
06-06-2012, 17:09
Good finds.

rilkil23
06-06-2012, 17:30
Sweet. My LGS didn't even know about the FDE and argued when I brought it up. I've never seen the OD in person but the FDE is sharp. Congratulations though I am highly jealous, don't make me post a picture of my basic black Glocks. Night sights are the only thing that is different from every other Glock in the world.

ctfireman
06-06-2012, 17:38
I literally called EVERY shop i deal with twice a week for months looking for either an OD or FDE. I would have bought any model. After no success i turned to the net & found some decent deals. Thanks to spectre04 for not trying to retire off me on the OD sale!

seattlesetters
06-06-2012, 18:03
Both are sweet! Kinda partial to OD myself but also dig FDE. Great finds!

Henry's Dad
06-06-2012, 18:40
I still have my G27 but dad's been carrying it lately.

Just thinking out loud, but might that be a problem (for both him and you) if he actually had to use it in a self-defense situation?

He's carrying a gun that's not in his name, and the same gun, which is in your name but not under your control, was just used to shoot someone?

I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like a big mess waiting to happen.

At a minimum, I would think you would get wrapped up in a "straw purchase" investigation, even if no crime was intended when you let him "borrow" a gun that is registered in your name.

ctfireman
06-06-2012, 18:54
It's not illegal, at least in the state of CT. We both have valid permits to carry. A straw purchase is a person legally allowed to own a firearms buying it for someone who is not legally allowed.

Henry's Dad
06-06-2012, 19:08
It's not illegal, at least in the state of CT. We both have valid permits to carry. A straw purchase is a person legally allowed to own a firearms buying it for someone who is not legally allowed.

So long as the state of CT is cool with it, then I guess there's no problem.

But I will quibble with your conception of straw purchases. Again, I'm no lawyer, so wikipedia is the best I've got:

In the context of United States federal gun laws (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_the_United_States), a straw purchase is defined as any purchase from a dealer holding a Federal Firearms License (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License) where the buyer conducting the transaction is acting as a proxy for another person. The law does not distinguish between someone who is purchasing on behalf of a person who legally cannot purchase or possess a firearm, and one who is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_purchase

So the fact that your dad can purchase his own gun seems not to mitigate the possibility of you facing a straw purchase issue.

It's easy to imagine a scenario where someone who can purchase a gun still might not want their name associated with the purchase of a particular firearm (for whatever reason).

I'm not trying to be an argumentative jerk, I just want you and all law-abiding gun-owners to be safe from unnecessary legal troubles. Be safe.

ctfireman
06-06-2012, 19:27
I looked into it months ago. I wouldn't risk my permit to carry & a gun collection worth upwards of $30.000 if i wasn't positive. I'n not in the mood to type a novel so i'm gonna leave it at that.

GoBigOrange
06-06-2012, 20:05
Just thinking out loud, but might that be a problem (for both him and you) if he actually had to use it in a self-defense situation?

He's carrying a gun that's not in his name, and the same gun, which is in your name but not under your control, was just used to shoot someone?

I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like a big mess waiting to happen.

At a minimum, I would think you would get wrapped up in a "straw purchase" investigation, even if no crime was intended when you let him "borrow" a gun that is registered in your name.

no offense but you really need to do some research on gun laws. I realize you are in Pa where gun laws are probably pretty strict but most states in the US do not require guns to be registered.

And I don't know you understand what a straw purchase is.

craig19
06-06-2012, 20:17
Nice, congrats

Sgt_Gold
06-06-2012, 20:33

It's called a straw purchase, not straw carry. If it were straw carry then you would be carrying for someone else who couldn't carry.

Unless there is a specific law about possession like there is in NY, there is no problem with someone carrying a gun that was purchased by soemone else.

Cole125
06-06-2012, 20:56
<Hates you. :cool: I have wanted a OD G21 for a very longtime, Glock if your listening start making them again!

Congrats!