Obama a no-show in Wisconsin [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama a no-show in Wisconsin

jeanderson
06-07-2012, 19:09
Hey, all you union members out there: Why didn't Obama make a single appearance in Wisconsin? He goes to union rallies and tells them he's with them. 95% of unions support Obama and Democratic candidates. Funny how he didn't seem to even want to take the time to make a single appearance to support a constituency that he says he's so interested in.

I'm not a union guy. I have nothing against union members - they're decent hard-working folks. It's the union leaders that make me sick. If you're reading this and you are in a union, aren't you just a little angry that you pay union dues that go toward the re-election of a President that doesn't take a couple of hours out of his campaign schedule to show his support for you? After all, this was a critical referendum on public unions. I find this amazing.

jakebrake
06-07-2012, 19:25
moral of the story, is that obama is a cowardly punk. he didn't have the stones to show his face, knowing it was a losing proposition. he claims to have been standing with the unions all along....and you trusted him. he played you.

he has never taken a hard stand. healthcare, unions, the economy. he has had someone else take the hit every time.

and you keep trusting him?

Cavalry Doc
06-07-2012, 20:04
Leading to a lower than expected turnout of teachers at the November ballot.

GAFinch
06-07-2012, 20:18
Obama Promise In 2007: Walk Picket Line With Union Workers - YouTube

JFrame
06-08-2012, 05:00
I guess nowadays one can tweet a comfortable pair of walking shoes... :upeyes:

robertoh
06-08-2012, 07:26
In politics there are what is called "inside polling numbers",and Obama's people probably knew a week before the re-call election that it didn't look good,so stay away.

Cavalry Doc
06-08-2012, 07:47
Considering Barry's track record with endorsements, staying away might have been the best thing he could have done to help. But it ain't gonna get all those democrats fired up to go to the polls in November.

It was a lose/lose proposition.

Liberals Threaten Not To Vote In November Over Disappointment With*Obama (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/06/08/liberals-threaten-not-to-vote-in-november-over-disappointment-with-obama/)

JFrame
06-08-2012, 08:11
Considering Barry's track record with endorsements, staying away might have been the best thing he could have done to help. But it ain't gonna get all those democrats fired up to go to the polls in November.

It was a lose/lose proposition.

Liberals Threaten Not To Vote In November Over Disappointment With*Obama (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/06/08/liberals-threaten-not-to-vote-in-november-over-disappointment-with-obama/)

Interesting article, Doc.

Just taking a cross-section of the hard-core leftists mentioned, you get a sense of the mental fustercluck of which that demographic is comprised...

I want to be happy with him, said Democrat Kristine Vaughan, a 45-year-old school psychologist from Canton, Ohio.

Hes done a good job, but he could have done a lot better, said Ed Tracey, 55, of Lebanon, N.H., who heads his local chapter of the group, Drinking Liberally.

If Mitt Romney cant stand up to a birther whos putting out racist conspiracy theories, how can he lead on other issues? asked Rashad Robinson, executive director of Color of Change, a liberal group that promotes African-American political influence.

cowboywannabe
06-08-2012, 08:46
obama already has the unions in his pocket, why should he bother with token showings now?