Ca. Man Arrested After Video Shows Belting Stepson [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ca. Man Arrested After Video Shows Belting Stepson

Flintlocker
06-09-2012, 03:31
A California water agency director has been arrested on suspicion of felony child abuse after a neighbor shot and posted online video of him whipping his stepson with a belt after he failed to catch a baseball.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ca-man-arrested-video-shows-belting-stepson-16530363 (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ca-man-arrested-video-shows-belting-stepson-16530363#.T9MUY8WvPao)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3IKjjlp040

clancy
06-09-2012, 05:08
WTF is wrong with some people? I just don't get how this guy thinks beating his son with a belt will make him a better catcher. I can only imagine what happens with the kid if he spills a glass of milk. The guy is a sick ****.

DonGlock26
06-09-2012, 07:35
I hope that dirty Sanchez loses his job. That's cutting the size of gov't one tool at a time.

_

FL Airedale
06-09-2012, 07:46
Abuse? Yes, I agree. Felony child abuse? I don't see it from the evidence in the video.

I'm sure the authorities will examine the boy for injuries that may justify the felony.

JBnTX
06-09-2012, 07:57
I guess peeping into other people's backyards and secretly video taping them is ok?

Luckily there were no video cameras when I was growing up.
My parents would have both been in serious trouble.

clancy
06-09-2012, 08:04
I guess peeping into other people's backyards and secretly video taping them is ok?

Would you rather have the neighbor ignore this and say it is none of my business? The guy wasn't disciplining his son for being bad, he was whipping with a belt him for not catching a ball. There is a huge difference. Would you do the same to your child? I hope not.

Cavalry Doc
06-09-2012, 08:19
Abuse? Yes, I agree. Felony child abuse? I don't see it from the evidence in the video.

I'm sure the authorities will examine the boy for injuries that may justify the felony.

Well, that's just what he does when he misses the ball while playing catch. I'd be surprised if more wasn't found on investigation. Wonder what he does when the kid spills a drink. I'd like to see the kids head to toe x-rays.

Cavalry Doc
06-09-2012, 08:32

I got whipped with a belt, many times. I turned out ok,
And richly deserved most of the corporal discipline I got.
I spanked my kids, a few times, but only with a hand, and because they were better behaved than I probably can take credit for, it was a rare event. Parents have a right to use corporal punishment when it's reasonable.

That being said, there are cameras everywhere, and I have no sympathy for bad guys getting caught doing bad things. In fact, I think it's awesome that this guy got caught. They ought to pin a medal on the neighbor.

Bruce H
06-09-2012, 08:33
This doesn't need to be in a court of law. It needs to be in cemetary. Idiot that would do this to a child isn't fit to live.

HandyMan Hugh
06-09-2012, 08:43
IMO what we saw doesn't SEEM to rise to the level of a felony. However, what we saw may be just the tip of the iceberg. CPS should do an in depth investigation of the man. At the very least Mr. Sanchez needs counseling, and parenting classes. :steamed:

bwvan
06-09-2012, 08:47
The video doesn't show the boy missing the ball. I'm not at all for beating kids, but I'm not going to assume anything without proof. That boy could just have easily been cursing his dad for not throwing the ball to where he could catch it. I would have gotten a belt for something like that.

AA#5
06-09-2012, 09:45

Then your parents were as sick as this POS.

AA#5
06-09-2012, 09:48
IMO what we saw doesn't SEEM to rise to the level of a felony. However, what we saw may be just the tip of the iceberg. CPS should do an in depth investigation of the man. At the very least Mr. Sanchez needs counseling, and parenting classes. :steamed:

Not only is he sick, but his wife is an even bigger POS for exposing her son to a bum like that.

The Machinist
06-09-2012, 10:19
This doesn't need to be in a court of law. It needs to be in cemetary. Idiot that would do this to a child isn't fit to live.
Amen to that. Adults who terrorize children should be put down like rabid dogs.

maxsnafu
06-09-2012, 10:54

Did they whip you for being bad at a game?

IndyGunFreak
06-09-2012, 15:27

I would agree, but every time I got a major whipping, I deserved it... and it was never for something as petty as not catching a ball. So even back then had someone been recording me getting punished, the police probably would have agreed that I deserved it. Granted, nowdays, things are much different.

I'm a pretty firm believer in "spare the rod, spoil the child" but that was ridiculous. That Dad needs to be punished.

BTW, my guess is, we are seeing a VERY small snippet of what actually went on that day, and that's what prompted the neighbors to pick up the camera.