GOP Hides on Immigration [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GOP Hides on Immigration

maxsnafu
06-09-2012, 05:49
http://www.vdare.com/posts/cnn-poll-says-75-of-americans-approve-arizonas-anti-illegal-immigration-law-vdarecom-says-wher

JBnTX
06-09-2012, 07:39
Why should the GOP get involved in what is clearly a state (Arizona) issue?
(I learned that from you Ron Paul supporters)

What are the democrats doing about immigration?

Hmm, let's see!

Democrats want all the illegals giving amnesty, registered as democrat voters and immediately given a monthly welfare check.

But, we need to worry about what the GOP is doing? :rofl:

greentriple
06-09-2012, 07:49
Obama has deported more than his republican predecessor.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JBnTX
06-09-2012, 08:00

Do you have a source for that?

Nemesis.
06-09-2012, 08:18

Jorge Busho lost much of his support because of his treasonous views on illegal immigration, so that's really a lame comparison, even if true.

Lethaltxn
06-09-2012, 08:29

Not really, states are more involved than ever before. It's in spite of his administration not because of it.
Left to his administration those deport numbers would probably be down.
Oh and I do have a link for source and I found a nice "moderate" source for you. There are others if you care to look.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-19/politics/politics_deportation-record_1_ice-director-john-morton-undocumented-immigrants-criminal-alien-program?_s=PM:POLITICS

greentriple
06-09-2012, 09:23
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/20/us-obama-immigration-idUSTRE78J05720110920

Here is one, there are others.

greentriple
06-09-2012, 09:26
Jorge Busho lost much of his support because of his treasonous views on illegal immigration, so that's really a lame comparison, even if true.

Why because it does not fit your needed ideological, emotional any hegemonic views.

Here is what ur self serving statement really says: "Obama is evil, oh, he does something we
Want better than our own, well then he is still evil because our own were traitors on whatever issue Obama does the way we want it..."

Nemesis.
06-09-2012, 09:39
Why because it does not fit your needed ideological, emotional any hegemonic views.

Here is what ur self serving statement really says: "Obama is evil, oh, he does something we
Want better than our own, well then he is still evil because our own were traitors on whatever issue Obama does the way we want it..."

There are so many flaws in your logic it's hard to know where to start.

Zero has done nothing. It's during his impotent term that certain states have decided to solve their own problems re crimigrant illegals.

The fact is that zero has sued (Arizona) to stop them from deporting these criminals.

Stop posting before you make yourself out to be a total jackass.

Oops. Too late.

:rofl:

oldman11
06-09-2012, 09:42

Hmm, let's see!

Democrats want all the illegals giving amnesty, registered as democrat voters and immediately given a monthly welfare check.

+ 1 :rofl:

Cavalry Doc
06-09-2012, 09:52
If only I could write the plank on immigration for both parties.

First, create an "I used to be an illegal alien" ID card that is verifiable over the internet. Make it a felony to assist an unidentified illegal in obtaining fraudulent documentation, punishable by $5000 and 5 years in jail per count.

Then allow 1 year for all illegals to get theirs. While educating everyone on what is to come.

After 1 year, it is a misdemeanor, punishable by 1 year in jail and $1000, to be, or to hire an illegal without the ID card.

After 18 months, it's a felony, punishable by 5 years in jail, or $50,000 fine for being an illegal, or hiring one without the ID card. Offer a $1000 dollar reward for information leading to the arrest of any duly identified illegals. $1500 per Illegal captured if the finder happens to be otherwise unemployed (putting Americans back to work) We have to watch spending, so cap it at say..... $100,000 per year per household.

After 2 years, all social services (food stamps, housing, public education etc) stop for all illegals & their non US citizen family members without the ID card. Schools found to have illegal aliens enrolled are fined $500 for each week that an illegal alien attended, per student. All Illegals found, regardless of how, without the ID card are deported.

We then get to decide how many we want to allow to stay, and how many should go. We also get to decide, on whatever criteria we'd like, who stays and who goes. I'm for automatically deporting everyone with more than two arrests for non-immigration misdemeanor offenses. Any convictions of any felony should get them an automatic ticket home.

We don't want to break up any families, so anchor babies must be considered. If it is decided that one or both parents must be deported, then the parents go, period, end of discussion on that point. The child will be allowed to go with his/her parents, or they can stay in the USA at the parents expense if suitable supervision can be arranged.

Since we will finally have access to demographics on this hidden culture, we can decide how much we should give them in the form of social services. How many non-working family members per worker will be allowed. What the illegal immigrant minimum wage should be. How much they will pay in taxes & If there should be limits on their stay.

There will be crooks among them, there will also be high quality people. We should consider a path to permanent resident alien (non-voting) status for the top performers based on whatever criteria we choose.

If you remove the financial benefits on both the supply and demand sides of the equation, and positively ID all of them, you can start to manage the population.

maxsnafu
06-09-2012, 10:50
If only I could write the plank on immigration for both parties.

Doc, not only does what you wrote make perfect sense it could also be a winning issue if only the cowardly GOP would use it. By huge margins, every poll I've seen--without exception--shows that people want illegal immigration ended and those here illegally expelled. Interestingly, I've seen several polls which indicate that a majority want a time out on legal immigration. So what is the GOP's problem? Do they want cheap labor or are they afraid of the Democrats calling them names?

And JBnTX don't give me that blarney about how the Democrats are no better. We ALL know that. Hell, they suck on every issue but the GOP is supposed to be better, isn't it?
If not, then I guess it makes no difference who wins the next election.

It's getting hard to escape the conclusion that both parties hate this country's founding people and want to replace us with someone else.

Cavalry Doc
06-09-2012, 11:13
Doc, not only does what you wrote make perfect sense it could also be a winning issue if only the cowardly GOP would use it. By huge margins, every poll I've seen--without exception--shows that people want illegal immigration ended and those here illegally expelled. Interestingly, I've seen several polls which indicate that a majority want a time out on legal immigration. So what is the GOP's problem? Do they want cheap labor or are they afraid of the Democrats calling them names?

And JBnTX don't give me that blarney about how the Democrats are no better. We ALL know that. Hell, they suck on every issue but the GOP is supposed to be better, isn't it?
If not, then I guess it makes no difference who wins the next election.

It's getting hard to escape the conclusion that both parties hate this country's founding people and want to replace us with someone else.

It seems like common sense to me, but the elite in both of the two large parties don't want to rock the boat. The Republicans want to keep getting those campaign contributions from friends that are making a profit by bringing in illegal alien labor. The Democrats are getting some of the same money, and they are certain the Illegals will vote for them.

Both are wrong. There are more than just two players here.
The Truth About ‘La Raza’ (http://www.humanevents.com/2006/04/07/emexclusive-emthe-truth-about-la-raza/)

The drug cartels, human trafficking, and a wide open invitation to Al Queda to arrive through our southern borders......

It's a problem, no one wants to pay attention too. Except for most of us.

Brucev
06-09-2012, 11:59
Nothing will happen on illegal aliens. Neither party will act. Both see the illegal alien population as a political opportunity. That is reality. To expect anything else is an exercise in fantasy.

FFR Spyder GT
06-09-2012, 13:01

Hmm, let's see!

That's what the GOP actually did under Reagan and Big Bush and Bush the Lesser tried to do it as well.

greentriple
06-09-2012, 13:18
There are so many flaws in your logic it's hard to know where to start.

Zero has done nothing. It's during his impotent term that certain states have decided to solve their own problems re crimigrant illegals.

The fact is that zero has sued (Arizona) to stop them from deporting these criminals.

Stop posting before you make yourself out to be a total jackass.

Oops. Too late.

:rofl:

Numisis, state can't deport.

GAFinch
06-09-2012, 14:11
More people are being deported because there are more detention facilities allowing them to be temporarily held. Without room to hold them, ICE has no choice but to let them go without being deported. Lack of detention space is still the limiting factor in deportations. Given that it takes years for facilities like these to be built, Bush can get the credit for it...just like with oil and gas drilling permits.