Did Christ's Sacrifice Bring an End to the Law? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Did Christ's Sacrifice Bring an End to the Law?

FCoulter
06-09-2012, 06:19
http://www.cbcg.org/franklin/SA/SA_endlaw.pdf

Tilley
06-09-2012, 09:20
According to the Apostle Paul...yes.

Romans 10:4 (NIV)-

"Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

Vic Hays
06-09-2012, 09:46
The Bible prophesies that when Messiah comes HE brings the sacrifice and offering end. So, yes the ceremonial law ended.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the middle of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured on the desolate.

Morality did not cease and in fact is the Covenant that God will write it into the hearts of believers. So, no, the moral law of Ten Commandments did not end, but everyone who is willing can have it written in their mind and heart by God.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
31:32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah.
31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people:

bwvan
06-09-2012, 10:26
Christ fulfilled the law so that, if we love God with all of our selves and love our neighbors as ourselves, the new covenant will satisfy the old law through the Holy Spirit living through us when we become believers.

G26S239
06-09-2012, 10:28
Matthew 5:17 appears to contradict that concept to me. However I am atheist so I will not try to define your beliefs for any of you Christians.

FCoulter
06-09-2012, 11:11
The Bible prophesies that when Messiah comes HE brings the sacrifice and offering end. So, yes the ceremonial law ended.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the middle of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured on the desolate.

Morality did not cease and in fact is the Covenant that God will write it into the hearts of believers. So, no, the moral law of Ten Commandments did not end, but everyone who is willing can have it written in their mind and heart by God.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
31:32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah.
31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people:

Again I ask if you make claims you must have Biblical proof to back it up.

Please show such proof of this distinction you claim in the "ceremonial/moral" law. Ie: you claim only the 10 commandments are the "moral" law, yet the Bible is clear the 10 are only part of Gods commands, adventistism made a distinction God never made.

Vic Hays
06-09-2012, 11:49
Again I ask if you make claims you must have Biblical proof to back it up.

Please show such proof of this distinction you claim in the "ceremonial/moral" law. Ie: you claim only the 10 commandments are the "moral" law, yet the Bible is clear the 10 are only part of Gods commands, adventistism made a distinction God never made.

I know you are so much in denial of the Bible that you will not be able to see the distinction in the two verses of Bible that I am posting, but it is for the sake of others.

The Ten Commandments, the Covenant, were written on two tables of stone. The Law of Moses was the rules given to govern the nation of Israel in the new land.

Deuteronomy 4:13 And he declared to you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them on two tables of stone.
4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that you might do them in the land where you go over to possess it.

FCoulter
06-09-2012, 12:14
I know you are so much in denial of the Bible that you will not be able to see the distinction in the two verses of Bible that I am posting, but it is for the sake of others.

The Ten Commandments, the Covenant, were written on two tables of stone. The Law of Moses was the rules given to govern the nation of Israel in the new land.

Deuteronomy 4:13 And he declared to you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them on two tables of stone.
4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that you might do them in the land where you go over to possess it.

Vic on those 2 stones, does it says Only the 10 commands were on it?

If only 10 were on it, why was both sides of the 2 stones filled up? Ex. Has the answers.

Funny how you state the ten commandments, the Covenant, were written onn the 2 tablets. Read ex.23 and you will see alot more than the "ten" make up this covenant that you clain is written on the 2 tablets. Now you make a distinction on ex. 23, but there is no distinction to God. So show me this false distinction.

Vic Hays
06-09-2012, 14:52
There it is folks. Three philosophies. Only one can be True. You will judge yourself by choosing to believe the Truth or a lie.

1. The Moral law of Ten Commandments and the ordinances written by Moses are all gone.

2. The ceremonies that pointed to Christ are done away with by fulfillment and the Moral Law of Ten Commandments has been elevated to a new level in the New Covenant or Testament.

3. Nothing has been fulfilled and we are under obligation to do all of the ordinances of Moses along with the Ten Commandments.

Your choice, but choose wisely because it is not me that you will be dealing with. The Truth is in His Word for all to see. There is nothing secret.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth.
17:18 As you have sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
17:21 That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me.

FCoulter
06-09-2012, 15:04
There it is folks. Three philosophies. Only one can be True. You will judge yourself by choosing to believe the Truth or a lie.

1. The Moral law of Ten Commandments and the ordinances written by Moses are all gone.

2. The ceremonies that pointed to Christ are done away with by fulfillment and the Moral Law of Ten Commandments has been elevated to a new level in the New Covenant or Testament.

3. Nothing has been fulfilled and we are under obligation to do all of the ordinances of Moses along with the Ten Commandments.

Your choice, but choose wisely because it is not me that you will be dealing with. The Truth is in His Word for all to see. There is nothing secret.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth.
17:18 As you have sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
17:21 That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Or 4th. Just as God instructed in ex.19-24 He gave cov. To His people, it outlined His commands to live by. It included keeping ALL His Sabbaths.. When Christ died He fulfilled the sacrifical requirements and made the orginal cov. Even more binding.

Now one can choose Biblical truth, or choose the truth according to a confused woman from the 1800's who has been proven a false prophet....yes it is your choice.

Kingarthurhk
06-09-2012, 15:27
Or 4th. Just as God instructed in ex.19-24 He gave cov. To His people, it outlined His commands to live by. It included keeping ALL His Sabbaths.. When Christ died He fulfilled the sacrifical requirements and made the orginal cov. Even more binding.

Now one can choose Biblical truth, or choose the truth according to a confused woman from the 1800's who has been proven a false prophet....yes it is your choice.

Please excuse me, but why are you such an horses arse?

Brasso
06-09-2012, 18:09
"Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

Please get out your Strong's and look up this word "end". It means goal. A point aimed for. (Imagine that). Meahing that He is the end result of what perfect obedience looks like. He has set the mark. He is our example. The exact opposite of what you wish it said.

SIGlock
06-09-2012, 23:08
"Think not that I amcome to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" Matthew 5:17

juggy4711
06-10-2012, 04:54

Christ fulfilled the law so that, if we love God with all of our selves and love our neighbors as ourselves, the new covenant will satisfy the old law through the Holy Spirit living through us when we become believers.

Which makes it OK for you to ignore all the OT stuff you would rather not bother with. How convenient.

Vic Hays
06-10-2012, 07:28
Which makes it OK for you to ignore all the OT stuff you would rather not bother with. How convenient.

I try to understand the Bible as a whole. It reveals to me a Creator and a Savior who are concerned with me. They are not asking to be appeased by some ceremony or ritual. What they are asking for is for me to allow them to make me a better person. They have provided the means for this at great cost to themselves.

When I read verses like those below I understand that some things were temporary for a time and purpose. Something was abolished that was called law or ordinances or handwriting.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty with which Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
5:2 Behold, I Paul say to you, that if you be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
5:4 Christ is become of no effect to you, whoever of you are justified by the law; you are fallen from grace.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Collossians 2:14 having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;

Acts 15:24 For as much as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, You must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Acts 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said to him, You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
21:21 And they are informed of you, that you teach all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
21:22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that you are come.
21:23 Do therefore this that we say to you: We have four men which have a vow on them;
21:24 Them take, and purify yourself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning you, are nothing; but that you yourself also walk orderly, and keep the law.

21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Blast
06-11-2012, 09:47
You tell 'em. Christians are supposed to stone adulterers, kill witches, kill disobedient children, and more punishments for sin.
Christ is meaningless. Christians have to make sacrifices for redemption of sin. Christians must follow the law to the letter.

Hey wait... how come Jews don't stone adulterers, kill witches, kill disobedient children, and do the other punishment requirements? And animal sacrifice? :headscratch:
They don't follow Christ but they above all should be adhering to the law.:dunno:

Tilley
06-11-2012, 20:45
Please get out your Strong's and look up this word "end". It means goal. A point aimed for. (Imagine that). Meahing that He is the end result of what perfect obedience looks like. He has set the mark. He is our example. The exact opposite of what you wish it said.

Direct Greek translation:

For end of law Christ (is) for righteousness to everyone believing.

Perhaps you should try the Gospel According to Fred...maybe his translation will support your distorted view of our Lord Jesus and salvation through faith in Christ.

juggy4711
06-11-2012, 20:46
You tell 'em. Christians are supposed to stone adulterers, kill witches, kill disobedient children, and more punishments for sin.
Christ is meaningless. Christians have to make sacrifices for redemption of sin. Christians must follow the law to the letter.

Hey wait... how come Jews don't stone adulterers, kill witches, kill disobedient children, and do the other punishment requirements? And animal sacrifice? :headscratch:
They don't follow Christ but they above all should be adhering to the law.:dunno:

My guess would be a combination of the ruling individuals/bodies the Jews lived under not allowing them to do so and a distancing/relaxation of literal interpretation of such passages.

Besides I was thinking more along the lines of being Kosher, Jesus breaking the first commandment, the messiah not being the son of God, Saturday Sabbath and other pesky things like that.