Potential Liability Using 10mm For SD? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Potential Liability Using 10mm For SD?

skier92857
06-09-2012, 08:40
Mas,

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but what is your opinion on using the 10mm round (a glock 20 for context) for home defense (in my case backing up an 870). I have heard around the web that using such a powerful weapon might open me up to being painted as an "over-aggressive" defender, leading to potential legal action. As I only have room for one pistol, the versatility of the caliber greatly appeals to me. I can always buy a .40 conversion barrel if the traditional wisdom of sticking with a "cop-caliber" is true.

Thanks in advance

Mas Ayoob
06-09-2012, 15:29
No problem for a knowledgeable (or at least, educable on firearms issues) attorney to defend. 10mm was issued at various times by FBI, Kentucky State Police, and Virginia State Police, and is popular among outdoorsmen.

If it's not knowledgeably defended, well, do a search here or on Google for Arizona v. Harold Fish.

best,
Mas

skier92857
06-10-2012, 10:49
Thank you sir, that was the answer I wanted to hear. Indeed it is an attractive round to have in a woods gun. Glad to hear it will be useful in my house as well.