Brief Range Report... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Brief Range Report...

Brucev
06-09-2012, 11:51
I have a RIA 1911 that has been beautifully tweaked into a simply gorgeous little thing. Many thanks to GT member TTM65 who did an exceptional job on the pistol. Today I took it and my S&W 15-3 and headed out for a quick trip to the range. We are moving on Monday so this will be the last time I get to go to a formal range for quite a while.

When I got there it was about to rain. I had just enough time to run a 50 round course of fire with my 15... then the bottom fell out. So... I figured that ended any range time for the day.

About 30 minutes later, the rain let up. It was still raining, but not pounding. So... I loaded up my pockets w/ a box of Win. 230 gr. FMJ's and walked down to the target. I fired the same 50 round course I'd done with the S&W 15... and in spite of rain and wind and my glasses being blurred, etc., I only put two rounds into the 8 ring and 11 in the 9 ring with the rest in the 10/X ring of a B-27. Firing was not done slowly as in target shooting but fairly fast, which was as much due to the rain as the fact that others wanted to use the range. I then fired the rest of my ammo... 24 rounds, at 5, 10 and 15 yds. By then the rain was so hard that it was about impossible to shoot very well. Still everything went right in the center where it belonged.

I have never been much into shooting in the rain and had circumstances been different I'd not likely have even gone to the range on such a overcast day. But, it will be a long time before I am again able to have access to a nice range. And I very much wanted to shoot these handguns before moving on Monday.

This RIA 1911 is a very good pistol. When I bought it, it worked very well with ball ammo, etc. But after the work that was done on it, it is simply superb. I applaud Tim for the quality of work he did as well as the on target results that this pistol now produces.

Here is a link to some pictures of the RIA 1911 as well as a picture of the target. If everything hadn't been soaking wet the other targets might have been able to be recovered, but they were so wet that they tore loose from the frame.

452 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

001 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

glockin-45
06-09-2012, 19:04
Looks like it get's the job done very well.

bac1023
06-09-2012, 19:28
:thumbsup: