What if Romney - organized a Whites For Romney Campaign? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What if Romney - organized a Whites For Romney Campaign?

Backfire_Tx
06-09-2012, 22:13
Someone sent me a link to this YouTube. Obama now has a "Join African Americans for Obama" campaign. Does anyone see this as strange and walking real close to being racism?

If Romney would organize or promote a White Americans for Romney campaign - I would never vote for him. What is the deal with this country and racism - we are hopelessly locked in on the subject - especially it appears Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU

Snowman92D
06-09-2012, 22:42
I know some of you guys barbecued chicken on the grill today, but I never mastered the knack for it, so I stuck with Johnsonville cheese brats. A guy has to know his limitations. :)

The Maggy
06-09-2012, 22:55
I know some of you guys barbecued chicken on the grill today, but I never mastered the knack for it, so I stuck with Johnsonville cheese brats. A guy has to know his limitations. :)

I tried the Johnsonville cheese brats this week. I wasn't a huge fan. The meat just tasted plain to me, it needed either some salt or some spice. I do love a good brat and a cold beer though.

Any suggestions on a good brat that is a little spicier?

countrygun
06-09-2012, 22:59
if the chicken sticks, try some Pam on the grill and make sure the grill is hot. Don't move the chicken until the skin is fully carmalized where it touches the grill. it's tricky and takes experience to get the timing right.

Snowman92D
06-09-2012, 23:36
Sometimes I think I use too much charcoal heat. I'm wondering now if it's better to grill chicken at a lower heat for a longer time frame. Oh...and if anyone has a suggestion for a good barbecue sauce, I'd appreciate the help. Something that would enhance both the white meat and dark meat. :whistling:

G29Reload
06-10-2012, 02:05
Someone sent me a link to this YouTube. Obama now has a "Join African Americans for Obama" campaign. Does anyone see this as strange and walking real close to being racism?

What, you mean his popularity with them has dropped below 99.2%?:rofl:

jakebrake
06-10-2012, 07:17
they have one. it's called "Kansas".

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 07:52
If whites voted as obediently as African Americans apparently do based on the race of the candidate.....

What would happen? He would win.

JBnTX
06-10-2012, 08:14
If Romney would organize or promote a White Americans for Romney campaign - I would never vote for him.

I'm betting you'd never vote for Romney no matter what he does or doesn't do.

Obama is a racist, so he does things like that.
Romney is not a racist, so he doesn't need to do things like that.

G-19
06-10-2012, 08:24

If Romney would organize or promote a White Americans for Romney campaign - I would never vote for him. What is the deal with this country and racism - we are hopelessly locked in on the subject - especially it appears Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU

I don't understand people, why is it ok for one race to do something and not another. If they can have an African American group, I see no problem with whites, or any race doing it.

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 08:31
I don't understand people, why is it ok for one race to do something and not another. If they can have an African American group, I see no problem with whites, or any race doing it.

All things being equal, you'd be right. But things are not equal. Minorities seem to have an additional right to be racists, that the majority does not have.

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 08:33

You base that on the question asked in the OP?

eracer
06-10-2012, 08:34
'African-Americans for Obama' is eerily similar to 'Sarah Palin for VP.'

countrygun
06-10-2012, 08:37
All things being equal, you'd be right. But things are not equal. Minorities seem to have an additional right to be racists, that the majority does not have.

"try the latest product from the folks that brought you "Tide". New "Double Standard'. It makes your whites look whiter"

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 08:38

How are they similar?

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 08:41
How are they similar?

:popcorn:

Enquiring minds want to know.

countrygun
06-10-2012, 08:42

I may have to join the clan just to balance out your silliness.

Oh wait, I am 'biracial" I guess I guess I have to hate white people and then I can join your "cool" club can't I? Wait you do accept Indians or are you prejudice?.

eracer
06-10-2012, 08:45
Sarah Palin brought exactly nobody to the election table. She was a conservative, family-values, good-ol'-girl who held no appeal to the independent voters that McCain needed in order to have a chance to win the election.

No conservative would have voted for Obama in 2008.

No African-Americans (or very few) would NOT vote for Obama in 2012.

Pandering to the most loyal voting bloc makes zero sense - for either party.

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 08:47
Sarah Palin brought exactly nobody to the election table. She was a conservative, family-values, good-ol'-girl who held no appeal to the independent voters that McCain needed in order to have a chance to win the election.

That is quite a stretch.

eracer
06-10-2012, 08:47

I may have to join the clan just to balance out your silliness.

Oh wait, I am 'biracial" I guess I guess I have to hate white people and then I can join your "cool" club can't I? Wait you do accept Indians or are you prejudice?.Lack of comprehension is no reason for feigned disdain.

eracer
06-10-2012, 08:49
That is quite a stretch.Not to me it isn't.

I thought it was a true 'facepalm' moment when McCain chose Palin. What was the point? What votes was he trying to secure?

Similarly, what votes is Obama trying to attract by calling on his loyal constituency?

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 08:52
Not to me it isn't.

I thought it was a true 'facepalm' moment when McCain chose Palin. What was the point? What votes was he trying to secure?

Similarly, what votes is Obama trying to attract by calling on his loyal constituency?

Fair enough. But why the fixation on Palin. She's kind of last weeks news. You seem to be stuck on her for some reason.

LASTRESORT20
06-10-2012, 08:54

This ^^^

countrygun
06-10-2012, 08:58
Lack of comprehension is no reason for feigned disdain.

I couldn't disdain it if I didn't get it.

Where have you been Little Orphan Annie. VP choices have always been for political reasons out side of priciples. Do you think JFK chose LBJ because they were buddies and on the same page. How about Teddy Roosevelt, or Harry Truman, were they picked because they were in sync with the Presidential candidate?

HexHead
06-10-2012, 09:02
If Romney did that, I might actually vote for him.

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 09:04

Obama may be concerned that too many blacks just won't vote this time.

The last election they were excited and rallied around the Democrat's nominee of color. This time isn't historic, and blacks may realize their personal lives are no better, and may be worse, than it was before the first 'black' President.

eracer
06-10-2012, 09:06
Fair enough. But why the fixation on Palin. She's kind of last weeks news. You seem to be stuck on her for some reason.
Not really. I have mentioned her quite a bit in the past, mostly because I see her as one the more intriguing barometers of the conservative political landscape. She rose from complete irrelevance, became a national media sensation, and profited immensely from a nice rack.

All that aside, I haven't mentioned her in a while, for the very reason you mention.

Why mention her today? I think the political parallels between her VP nomination and 'African-Americans for Obama' is 'slap-in-the-face' obvious.

eracer
06-10-2012, 09:08
I couldn't disdain it if I didn't get it.

Where have you been Little Orphan Annie. VP choices have always been for political reasons out side of priciples. Do you think JFK chose LBJ because they were buddies and on the same page. How about Teddy Roosevelt, or Harry Truman, were they picked because they were in sync with the Presidential candidate?What are you talking about, Dorothy? Are you 'Over the Rainbow?'

eracer
06-10-2012, 09:08
Obama may be concerned that too many blacks just won't vote this time.

The last election they were excited and rallied around the Democrat's nominee of color. This time isn't historic, and blacks may realize their personal lives are no better, and may be worse, than it was before the first 'black' President.You make a good point. But somehow I think that blacks will vote, if only to keep Romney out.

countrygun
06-10-2012, 09:13
What are you talking about, Dorothy? Are you 'Over the Rainbow?'

I didn't think you would understand with your fixation around race and racks.

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 09:20
You make a good point. But somehow I think that blacks will vote, if only to keep Romney out.

Maybe not, if they want a job.

eracer
06-10-2012, 09:22
I didn't think you would understand with your fixation around race and racks.Another bizarre comment.

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 09:23
Not really. I have mentioned her quite a bit in the past, mostly because I see her as one the more intriguing barometers of the conservative political landscape. She rose from complete irrelevance, became a national media sensation, and profited immensely from a nice rack.

All that aside, I haven't mentioned her in a while, for the very reason you mention.

Why mention her today? I think the political parallels between her VP nomination and 'African-Americans for Obama' is 'slap-in-the-face' obvious.

I don't know. "complete irrelevance"??? She was a state Governor, in Alaska, she was pretty relevant.

She seems like a nice enough lady to me, and she is helping some good candidates get a shot at winning. Ted Cruz, hopefully the next Senator from Texas to be elected is one.

countrygun
06-10-2012, 09:37
Another bizarre comment.

I thought by referencing VPs who became Presidents, even though they were quite differentfrom their Presidential running mates it would serve to point out that VPs are chosen to appeal to groups from which the Presidential candidate needed to get support from, or that, Like Biden, they would at least be "harmless" I guess I shouldn't rely on history to make a point, it's a foriegn Country,

eracer
06-10-2012, 09:39
I thought by referencing VPs who became Presidents, even though they were quite differentfrom their Presidential running mates it would serve to point out that VPs are chosen to appeal to groups from which the Presidential candidate needed to get support from, or that, Like Biden, they would at least be "harmless" I guess I shouldn't rely on history to make a point, it's a foriegn Country,Which was my point. Sarah Palin appealed to conservatives. McCain had those votes in his pocket. He made a bad political choice.

Perhaps Obama is not making a mistake in this case - but it seems pointless to me. He needs to convince the middle class that he's been good for America. Which is exactly why Romney is talking to the middle class.

countrygun
06-10-2012, 09:42
Which was my point. Sarah Palin appealed to conservatives. McCain had those votes in his pocket. He made a bad political choice.

And I was pointing out, simply,that is nothing new. McCain didn't invent it.

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 09:44
Which was my point. Sarah Palin appealed to conservatives. McCain had those votes in his pocket. He made a bad political choice.

Perhaps Obama is not making a mistake in this case - but it seems pointless to me. He needs to convince the middle class that he's been good for America. Which is exactly why Romney is talking to the middle class.

The way I remember it, conservatives were happier with the ticket with Sarah on it.

It didn't work out, but they were running against the rock star, with the full support of the MSM and SNL. After Bush, the republicans were a longshot at best.

Syclone538
06-10-2012, 09:49
Maybe not, if they want a job.

And if they don't...

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 09:52

McCain is not a conservative.

I was, for the first time, going to vote third party, because I was so disgusted with the Republican Party when McCain became the nominee. Only because it was so evident that Obama is an America-hating Marxist, that I voted for McCain.

I worked with several young engineers at the time who were more Libertarian than Republican... big Ron Paul supporters. These guys had no intention of voting for McCain or Obama. Only after McCain announced Palin was his VP choice, and reading about her, did some of them decide to vote Republican in the 2008 general election.

countrygun
06-10-2012, 09:53
And if they don't...

Then Welcome to the ObamaNation

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 09:58
And if they don't...

I really don't understand people who can live that way.... choosing to be dependent on a government program. Is it possible they are too lazy to vote?

DOC44
06-10-2012, 10:00
You make a good point. But somehow I think that blacks will vote, if only to keep Romney out.

and keep getting the free stuff from the gubmunt.

Doc44

eracer
06-10-2012, 10:01
McCain is not a conservative.

I was, for the first time, going to vote third party, because I was so disgusted with the Republican Party when McCain became the nominee. Only because it was so evident that Obama is an America-hating Marxist that I voted for McCain.

I worked with several young engineers at the time who were more Libertarian than Republican... big Ron Paul supporters. These guys had no intention of voting for McCain or Obama. Only after McCain announced Palin was his VP choice, and reading about her, did some of them decide to vote Republican in the 2008 general election.I did not know that Libertarians like me voted for McCain because of Palin. I voted for McCain because of 'Not Obama.' Just like I'm going to vote for 'Romney the RINO' because he's 'Not Obama.' I couldn't care less who his running mate will be.

Someone who is on the fence might look to Romney's running mate as the tipping point for their vote.

maxsnafu
06-10-2012, 10:03
I worked with several young engineers at the time who were more Libertarian than Republican... big Ron Paul supporters. These guys had no intention of voting for McCain or Obama. Only after McCain announced Palin was his VP choice, and reading about her, did some of them decide to vote Republican in the 2008 general election.

It baffles me that the VP choice would influence anyone's vote given that the VP has no power and the choice is completely symbolic. I guess a lot of people are easily fooled.

eracer
06-10-2012, 10:03
and keep getting the free stuff from the gubmunt.

Doc44Well? What's politically smarter, giving free stuff to many, or giving free stuff to a few?

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 10:04
The way I remember it, conservatives were happier with the ticket with Sarah on it.

I was.

It didn't work out, but they were running against the rock star, with the full support of the MSM and SNL. After Bush, the republicans were a longshot at best.

The media covered for Obama... and it seemed like they spent more time trashing Palin than discussing McCain.

G17Jake
06-10-2012, 10:06
It baffles me that the VP choice would influence anyone's vote given that the VP has no power and the choice is completely symbolic. I guess a lot of people are easily fooled.

McCain was old even then.... maybe they were hoping?...

cowboywannabe
06-10-2012, 10:17
maybe romney needs to have fried chicken and watermelon at his rallies from now on?

countrygun
06-10-2012, 10:49

I had to run to town but I see some folks straightened you out. McCain did NOT have the conservative vote in his pocket. He was too liberal for most. She was chosen to bring conservatives to the polls. I am surprised you ahd forgotten that it was quite the issue at the time.

maxsnafu
06-10-2012, 13:13
I had to run to town but I see some folks straightened you out. McCain did NOT have the conservative vote in his pocket. He was too liberal for most. She was chosen to bring conservatives to the polls. I am surprised you ahd forgotten that it was quite the issue at the time.

You're right. And once again, predictably, a lot of conservatives were fooled.

Skyhook
06-10-2012, 13:22
If whites voted as obediently as African Americans apparently do based on the race of the candidate.....

What would happen? He would win.

How 'loyal' are the African descendants to Obama?

Heck, even dead ones have voted and will vote for Obama... betcha.

Snowman92D
06-10-2012, 13:30
She rose from complete irrelevance, became a national media sensation, and profited immensely from a nice rack.

Spoken like a true RP supporter.

Cavalry Doc
06-10-2012, 13:30
How 'loyal' are the African descendants to Obama?

Heck, even dead ones have voted and will vote for Obama... betcha.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.neoabolition.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DeadVoter.jpg&sa=X&ei=evXUT96qJKX62AW08tCTDw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE7WMsK3G-GwjfXyTDiWn7_luL5Ng

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ZombieVoter.jpg&sa=X&ei=kvXUT-aRE4fs2QXV2dSTDw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHvNcIF-vNOCQZYvGPDJF0OU3kmRg

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.altweeklies.com/imager/dawn-of-the-voting-dead/b/main/5812035/0c60/st120201100836.png&sa=X&ei=tvXUT7eALsbE2gWb6ZGlDw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFSjyKlEon7E-UniL4jiuaHGeMzBQ

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.christmasghost.com/archives/dead%20voters.jpg&sa=X&ei=1fXUT-OjB6aA2wWK0-21Dw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEic9jxcBtzjoNM60l0CQPwkh6rIg

Jerry
06-10-2012, 14:59
What if Romney did that? The Bleeding-Hearts, Liberals, Media, Rev. Jessy, Ol All and 95% of the Black population would be SCREAMING HE'S A RACIST AND WOULD BE DEMONSTRATING IN THE STREETS. But the NAACP, United Negro Collage fund, and Black Panthers are not racist organizations. :rofl: :wow: :whistling: