Why no EMP in 3.5" or 4" barrel? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why no EMP in 3.5" or 4" barrel?

Redstate
06-10-2012, 10:30
When I look at the EMP (9mm), its dimensions seem disproportional. The slide appears to be approximately the same lenght as the grip. For me, in a carry gun, I want a short grip and a longer barrel because the grip is the most difficult part to conceal. So why doesn't the EMP come in a longer barrel configuation?
Anyone know of an all steel (not alloy) 9mm 1911 that does come with a short grip and a 3.5" to 4' barrel?

Officer's Match
06-10-2012, 11:29
When I look at the EMP (9mm), its dimensions seem disproportional. The slide appears to be approximately the same lenght as the grip. For me, in a carry gun, I want a short grip and a longer barrel because the grip is the most difficult part to conceal. So why doesn't the EMP come in a longer barrel configuation?
Anyone know of an all steel (not alloy) 9mm 1911 that does come with a short grip and a 3.5" to 4' barrel?

Closest I can think off the top of my head is the CCO config but all steel Les Baer Stinger. I too wish SA would do longer slides on EMP's.

PlasticGuy
06-10-2012, 12:10
I have a Les Baer Stinger in stainless. It's close to what you are asking about. I also have a lighter version in the form of a Colt CCO. Something similar, but on a smaller frame like the EMP, would be awesome. I'd be first in line to buy one in 9mm.

Officer's Match
06-10-2012, 12:17

Actually I believe Wilson Combat has a Officer's frame 3.5" slide called a Sentinel or something similar.

bac1023
06-10-2012, 12:59
Actually I believe Wilson Combat has a Officer's frame 3.5" slide called a Sentinel or something similar.

I believe they do.

glock2740
06-10-2012, 13:33

I believe they do.
That's it.

plouffedaddy
06-10-2012, 14:40
My guess is that they don't make one with a longer barrel due to the fact that they can't keep up with the current demand for the EMPs as it is. Same with the GI lineup; they're sold as soon as they're made. Springfield, like all the big makers is having a hard time keeping up with demand these days and if they're going to make a new model gun they'll go the route of the XDS--cheap to make, moderately priced, huge demand for the type of firearm. More shooters will buy a $500 XDS before a $1k EMP.

That's my guess anyway :dunno:

Ruble Noon
06-10-2012, 15:44

Detonics

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=290730590

ca survivor
06-10-2012, 18:01
NO RESERVE but bid starts at $1,150 :rofl:

Redstate
06-10-2012, 18:21
Thanks for all the responses so far.

mj9mm
06-12-2012, 16:27
Sig has a nice 4" model with a short grip, but i don't remember the model, try their site, it's a very nice gun