Rendering advice to a fellow customer in a gun shop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rendering advice to a fellow customer in a gun shop

CDR_Glock
06-10-2012, 16:22
Mas

I have a story to tell:

I was in a gun store where I usually do not shop. In the midst of purchasing a gun, I heard a woman in her mid 20s say,"I want that pink gun" as she pointed to a Pink DB380.

I said it was best to choose a gun for form, reliability and function. She said, "What, then?". I replied it depends how much you are willing to maintain in a firearm. "A Semiauto has to be field stripped into multiple parts but a revolver is quite simple to maintain.". I pointed out some heavier revolvers that would be easier for control since lightweight guns (though more comfortable for concealment) are not as easy to control, especially for beginners.

The shop owner said to be careful since he is liable for advice that I give in his store. I've never heard that before.

Anyways, as she left, I said, "Get a Gun Safety Course before you even choose a gun."

I have spoken to fellow customers on numerous occasions and never heard that before.

Opinions?

Rick

Mas Ayoob
06-11-2012, 05:40
Lots of different dynamics going on there, bro. I don't offer advice in gun shops unless asked, as a rule. As a customer, I don't think it's my place to do so. Just one guy's opinion,

Mas