Looking for a job... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job...

WI-Guy
06-11-2012, 15:59
:wavey: The contractor I am currently working for has a bleak horizon; we currently have work that will carry us through the summer but not much on the backlog beyond that.

I have decided to take my skills and experience as a Quality Assurance professional in manufacturing to the firearms industry to help keep the "built in America" tradition going strong.

I already have begun researching NSSF SHOT Show Exhibitors and advertisers in the NRA maagzines to get some leads going.

If any of my fellow GlockTalkers have some contacts, ideas or leads they can send my way, I would really appreciate it...

Thanks! :wavey:

slo5r
06-11-2012, 17:41
Are you only considering the firearms industry or would you consider a different industry as well?
And if you would consider a different industry would you move to a different state if necessary?
Although I don't know what state you are in now.

WI-Guy
06-11-2012, 20:51
Thanks for the reply!

I currently live in New Mexico, but that is by no means a limiting factor - I can relocate.

I would consider any reasonable offer, but right now I am hoping to find a manufacturing industry that is an all-American tradition. That why I am focusing on firearms industry.

I PM'd my contact information to you for whatever lead(s) you might have.

K.Kiser
06-14-2012, 18:30
I think Ruger is made in Arizona, that's not too far away and would be an awesome gig to score..

WI-Guy
06-14-2012, 19:32
Ruger is on the plan as is Dillon out in AZ. I already applied at Daniel Defense in GA and Remington in NC.

Thanks for the ideas!