When it Comes to Politics, Are We More Racist Than We Think? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : When it Comes to Politics, Are We More Racist Than We Think?

callihan_44
06-12-2012, 06:05
Prejudice could cost Mr. Obama crucial states like Ohio, Florida and even Pennsylvania."

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/comes-politics-more-racist-think-185600847.html

wow, the media already throwing down the race card after barry's bad week....

JFrame
06-12-2012, 06:13
Of course, it HAS to be "racism," "bias," and "prejudice," because plain old Americans are incapable of recognizing a fascistic, despotic, income-redistributing, corrupt, narcissistic, and duplicitous con-man when they see one. :upeyes:

HexHead
06-12-2012, 06:17
And even if we are, it's just human nature.

IGotIt
06-12-2012, 06:26
I think some people will hold prejudice, others might initially until the politician proves by their favorable views and actions that are popular with the constituents they serve.

SPIN2010
06-12-2012, 06:30
The kenyan playing the race card. Imagine that. :upeyes:

aircarver
06-12-2012, 07:01
The race card only works if we let it.

Ignore 'em....

Cavalry Doc
06-12-2012, 07:09
I've never really understood racism. It seems illogical to me. In my experience, there are heroes and zeros in every group. Barry is simply a zero, regardless of which of his pedigrees he identifies with.

If people want to vote against him because he is half black, that is at least as ok as people voting for him because he is only half white.

JBnTX
06-12-2012, 07:11
Racism and the race card is highly overrated, we see what we want to see.

...and we're usually wrong.

p.d.
06-12-2012, 07:28
I just love these studies and the stereotypes they perpetrate. So I gather from this and others that we Kentuckians are generally too ignorant to use computers but when we do we prove we're racists. God bless our poor little bitter clinging hearts.

Big Mad Dawg
06-12-2012, 08:49
The race card is all he has to run on his record is a long list of dismal failures.

Goaltender66
06-12-2012, 09:43
That article has some of the stupidest methodolgy I've ever heard of, and that's including internet poll interpretations as conducted by Ronulans.

"Racially charged internet searches?" Really?

I have an internet search for you: Seth Stephens-Davidowitz is a facile dope who is apparently incapable of critical thought. Sadly, Harvard will probably give him his PhD for this "study."

windplex
06-12-2012, 09:51
no. at least not the R side. yes on the D side.

the folks who cry racism for anything that doesnt fall their way are typically the racisist in that equation. so yes for them, D's< they are much more racist than they realize. they feel strongly that some races cannot possibly succeed without codified racism in lowe hiriing standards and promoting those who do not meet the excelence standards and admissions to college based on race and not excellence. now that is racism.

countrygun
06-12-2012, 10:05
If you vote against someone because you don't like their political stand, and they happen to be Black, your a racist.

If you vote for someone because they are Black, you aren't racist.

What dictionary did they get their definition of "racism" out of?

G29Reload
06-12-2012, 10:19
If you vote against someone because you don't like their political stand, and they happen to be Black, your a racist.

If you vote for someone because they are Black, you aren't racist.

What dictionary did they get their definition of "racism" out of?

This.

Plus of course, the country must be a bunch of STUPID racists, since he only got elected last time because whites voted for him in record numbers since there aren't statistically enough blacks to win on their own, it must have been by accident. :upeyes:

He accidentally got elected by stupid racists who pulled the wrong lever by mistake. By the millions. What a coincidence!

In short, Barack Hussein Obama could NOT have been elected WITHOUT white people. And the same will be true this election. Hopefully we've wised up enough to fail him on his statist record.

NDCent
06-12-2012, 10:30
Prejudice could cost Mr. Obama crucial states like Ohio, Florida and even Pennsylvania."

A bit ironic. :dunno:

brickboy240
06-12-2012, 14:42
They HAVE to keep bringing up race...because there is NO WAY they can run on any sort of economic news.

jakebrake
06-12-2012, 16:18
This.

Plus of course, the country must be a bunch of STUPID racists, since he only got elected last time because whites voted for him in record numbers since there aren't statistically enough blacks to win on their own, it must have been by accident. :upeyes:

He accidentally got elected by stupid racists who pulled the wrong lever by mistake. By the millions. What a coincidence!

In short, Barack Hussein Obama could NOT have been elected WITHOUT white people. And the same will be true this election. Hopefully we've wised up enough to fail him on his statist record.

G29....you sure we aren't related?

cowboywannabe
06-12-2012, 16:23
i think so. when blacks hate whites so much that they call a latino white in order to stir the pot.......

countrygun
06-12-2012, 16:44

You are wrong. Look up the word "Prejudice" and see what it means. His undoing is going to be "Postjudice" Look it up while you are at it.

Now if it's "Racism" you are talking about kicking him out of office, that seems fair because racism put him in there.

countrygun
06-12-2012, 17:02
Remember, "Prejudice" is learned. If you want to experience it first hand, no matter what your race, tell a 19-25 year-old that you are a "Conservative" and listen to what he has been taught.

aircarver
06-12-2012, 18:01
http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-african-american-vote-black-north-carolina-2012-6

So are they racist too ? ..... :whistling:

callihan_44
06-12-2012, 18:36
You are wrong. Look up the word "Prejudice" and see what it means. His undoing is going to be "Postjudice" Look it up while you are at it.

Now if it's "Racism" you are talking about kicking him out of office, that seems fair because racism put him in there.

That statement came from the article, not me.

Agonizer
06-12-2012, 20:10
It's a free country. People are free to be racist if they want to.

Get over it!

JFrame
06-13-2012, 06:06
http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-african-american-vote-black-north-carolina-2012-6

So are they racist too ? ..... :whistling:

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/phil/phil_12.gif http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_thinking.gif

pipedreams
06-13-2012, 06:16
"Are We More Racist Than We Think?"

He could never got elected the first time if that was the case. States like Iowa where I currently live are overwhelmingly white and he won the state in the first election. Pulling the race card is just a poor excuse for poor performance.

JFrame
06-13-2012, 06:21
"Are We More Racist Than We Think?"

He could never got elected the first time if that was the case. States like Iowa where I currently live are overwhelmingly white and he won the state in the first election. Pulling the race card is just a poor excuse for poor performance.

I guess the point of the OP article is that Iowans gave up their racism en masse -- but will now go back to their evil ways... :rofl:

pipedreams
06-13-2012, 06:32
I guess the point of the OP article is that Iowans gave up their racism en masse -- but will now go back to their evil ways... :rofl:.

Good point...............:whistling: