Republican Convention ... Sarah for VP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Republican Convention ... Sarah for VP

Vic777
06-12-2012, 12:40
Let's get some balls back into the Executive Branch! Tea Party 'ers get the GOP to make Romney pick Sarah as VP.

Can't you just see her reaming out Biden in a debate. She'd go up one side of that fool and down the other!

gilfo
06-12-2012, 12:57
And at the end wish Obama good luck in the next four years!

ColdSteelNail
06-12-2012, 13:04
Palin as Romney's running mate would be a gift from the gods to liberals.

cysoto
06-12-2012, 13:04
Can't you just see her reaming out Biden in a debate. She'd go up one side of that fool and down the other!

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/KingoftheBritons/Good-sir-Surely-you-jest.jpg

tslex
06-12-2012, 13:27
Let's get some balls back into the Executive Branch! Tea Party 'ers get the GOP to make Romney pick Sarah as VP.

Vic, honestly, this proposal demonstrates a near total disconnect from reality.

(Not necessarily how she'd do in the debate. Depending what your rubric was, you might score her over Biden, sure. But the notion that she would help Romney win the election? I'm afraid that's nonsense.)

PawDog
06-12-2012, 13:32
I like Palin, but, her image as an actual political contender has been ruined by leftist Hollywood, the liberal MSM, and her own actions trying to appeal to the television audience as a "celebrity."

She should be considered for the RNC chair, but nothing more at this point, IMO.

JBnTX
06-12-2012, 13:33

Sounds like it's time for Vic to go down for an afternoon nap?

fnfalman
06-12-2012, 13:38
Sarah had her moments but now they're gone. I voted for Sarah the last time.

NDCent
06-12-2012, 13:39
Two wrongs don't make a right. (pun intended)

Romney lost to McCain, Palin is simply lost.

jakebrake
06-12-2012, 16:20
chris christie would be the ideal candidate for that....or rubio, or demint....or, well....my kid's pet hermit crabs

HarlDane
06-12-2012, 16:35
For better or worse, Sarah is damaged goods.

Cavalry Doc
06-12-2012, 17:11
Sarah brings out very strong emotions. I've seen liberals just about froth at the mouth just talking about her. Unfortunately, HarlDane is right, she allowed herself to be marginalized with humor and misogynistic treatment from the left, and she is irrecoverably damaged. Most Americans still think she said "I can see Russia from my House." Heck, some around here still do.

I'd love to see her as the RNC chair though.

tslex
06-12-2012, 19:55
Most Americans still think she said "I can see Russia from my House." Heck, some around here still do.

Amazing how that crap sticks. As an example, Gore never said "I invented the internet."

He said he co-sponsored legislation that made a project developed by the military and academia widely available to the public. (Which he did, for which GT users ought to be glad.) But that's not simple, mean and funny -- so "I invented the internet" becomes the meme. And all the reasons to REALLY oppose him got subsumed by BS and no one gets convinced of anything on the real facts.

Same thing has happened to Palin --- partly because she got thrown into an arena for which she wasn't prepared, partly because she managed to turn a strength -- plain speaking -- into a weakness by not being ready for a hostile press, partly due to misogyny, but mostly because we like our political "analysis" simple, mean and funny.

Bottom line is that Palin now is not only NOT viable in a national election, she would be a tremendous liability.

jakebrake
06-12-2012, 20:00
^^^ true...but. i'm still in love with her.

Cavalry Doc
06-12-2012, 20:01
Amazing how that crap sticks. As an example, Gore never said "I invented in the internet."

He said he co-sponsored legislation that made a project developed by the military and academia widely available to the public. (Which he did, for which GT users ought to be glad.) But that's not simple, mean and funny -- so "I invented the internet" becomes the meme. And all the reasons to REALLY oppose him got subsumed by BS and no one gets convinced of anything on the real facts.

Same thing has happened to Palin --- partly because she got thrown into an arena for which she wasn't prepared, partly because she managed to turn a strength -- plain speaking -- into a weakness by not being ready for a hostile press, partly due to misogyny, but mostly because we like our political "analysis" simple, mean and funny.

Bottom line is that Palin now is not only NOT viable in a national election, she would be a tremendous liability.

I think if they had unleashed "Sarah the Barracuda" she could have kicked arse and taken names. But she was convinced to be the demure and polite female, and let it roll off her back.

That's the difference between a Tea Party promoter, and Margaret Thatcher comparisons after her second term as president.

Choices, they change the future.

concretefuzzynuts
06-12-2012, 20:02
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/samuel_L_Jackson.gif

Captain Ron
06-13-2012, 22:01
She would be a great VP.:wavey:

steveksux
06-13-2012, 22:37
I don't see him winning Romney the election either. Doesn't seem to fit Romney's button down image either.

Randy

G19G20
06-13-2012, 22:51
SNL will already have it's hands full with Mormon skits. No need to bring Tina Fey back into the fold.

kirgi08
06-13-2012, 23:21
Nope.'08.

countrygun
06-13-2012, 23:48
I still cannot believe anyone who voted for a ticket with Biden on it has the nerve to even open their mouth about Palin.

kirgi08
06-14-2012, 01:13
She should head the RNC.'08.

GlocknSpiehl
06-14-2012, 04:37
While it will never happen, and would probably lose votes, I would love to see either Herman Cain or Ron Paul as VP.

series1811
06-14-2012, 05:19
I like Palin, but, her image as an actual political contender has been ruined by leftist Hollywood, the liberal MSM, and her own actions trying to appeal to the television audience as a "celebrity."

She should be considered for the RNC chair, but nothing more at this point, IMO.

That's Palin's problem. Like Joe the Plumber (and all he did was ask O-Nothing the question that no reporter would ask), she didn't do anything wrong, but the attack left decided she had to be made a target to get the spotlight off O-Nothing.

Just look at how the resident truth squadders here go nuts whenever her name is mentioned. "Palin Derangement Syndrome" didn't come into being as a well known phrase for nothing.

But, it doesn't matter. Again, they will need somebody to attack to divert any serious examination of O-Nothing. But, give Palin a break and let them attack somebody else for a while.

walt cowan
06-14-2012, 05:41

yes, these fools will fall for the same con again.:dunno:

eracer
06-14-2012, 05:45
^^^ true...but. i'm still in love with her.And therein lies the core truth.

Put Palin's politics in Pelosi's body, and 90% of her support would vaporize like a fart in the wind.

series1811
06-14-2012, 06:43
And therein lies the core truth.

Put Palin's politics in Pelosi's body, and 90% of her support would vaporize like a fart in the wind.

No, the core truth is that liberals absolutely can't stand, to the bottom of their mean little hearts, a strong conservative black or woman (and heaven forbid if you are like Connie Rice, and both).

JFrame
06-14-2012, 06:48
No, the core truth is that liberals absolutely can't stand, to the bottom of their mean little hearts, a strong conservative black or woman (and heaven forbid if you are like Connie Rice, and both).

Yep -- leftists harbor a particular loathing and venom for those who have successfully extricated themselves from their plantation.

eracer
06-14-2012, 06:56
No, the core truth is that liberals absolutely can't stand, to the bottom of their mean little hearts, a strong conservative black or woman (and heaven forbid if you are like Connie Rice, and both).I think Condoleeza Rice would have made a fine VP candidate.

Vapid airhead Sarah Palin? Not so much.

whoflungdo
06-14-2012, 07:49
Amazing how that crap sticks. As an example, Gore never said "I invented in the internet."

No, Al Gore's exact quote is "I took the initiative on creating the Internet". Which is completely different from cosponsoring legislation that made it widely available to the public.

http://youtu.be/BnFJ8cHAlco

ETA: Slight typo in my quote above. Al Gore's exact quote is "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"..

JFrame
06-14-2012, 07:57
No, Al Gore's exact quote is "I took the initiative on creating the Internet". Which is completely different from cosponsoring legislation that made it widely available to the public.

http://youtu.be/BnFJ8cHAlco

Hmmm...Looks like "I can see Russia from my house" is the winner for an outright and blatant distortion...

whoflungdo
06-14-2012, 08:16
Hmmm...Looks like "I can see Russia from my house" is the winner for an outright and blatant distortion...

Exactly.. and now you see the difference... Well, "you" being a general term. I know you (JFrame) already know the difference..

JFrame
06-14-2012, 08:28
Exactly.. and now you see the difference... Well, "you" being a general term. I know you (JFrame) already know the difference..

Thank you for that clarification... :thumbsup: :supergrin:

PawDog
06-14-2012, 09:05
I think Condoleeza Rice would have made a fine VP candidate.

Yeah, I'm sure you've been so much more successful than Palin......:upeyes:

aspartz
06-14-2012, 10:17
Palin is the, despite her claims, a leader of the T.E.A. party. She is yet another compassionate conservative ala G. W. Bush.

ARS

series1811
06-14-2012, 10:55

Which state were you a governor of?

If you think that of Palin, you probably would be appalled at most Alaskans. They are very self-sufficient and self-reliant and go around armed all of the time (my brother lives there) . Very few Democrats there, or you would be right, Palin never would have had a chance.

eracer
06-14-2012, 10:57
Yeah, I'm sure you've been so much more successful than Palin......:upeyes:I have no plans to submit my name for consideration as a candidate for Romney's VP.

I'm smarter than that.

eracer
06-14-2012, 11:00
Which state were you a governor of?

If you think that of Palin, you probably would be appalled at most Alaskans. They are very self-sufficient and self-reliant and go around armed all of the time (my brother lives there) . Very few Democrats there, or you would be right, Palin never would have had a chance.She's proven that she's little more than a self-serving politician. Alaskan's voted for her because she promised oil-for-liquor.

series1811
06-14-2012, 11:01
... Alaskan's voted for her because she promised oil-for-liquor.

And, you actually believe that?

No further explanation of your views are necessary. I get it.

eracer
06-14-2012, 11:03
And, you actually believe that?

No further explanation of your views are necessary. I get it.Super.

It's also interesting how one-sided the criticisism of hyperbole, rhetoric, and repetitive ridicule (guilty as charged) is around here.

I hate most politicians. I pity people who think that more than a few actually care about their constituents.

My comments about SP in this thread mirror an old cliche:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

It applies equally to the ridiculous notions that Obama would be good for the country in a second term, and Sarah Palin has any place in high levels of the Executive Branch of the federal government.

FFR Spyder GT
06-14-2012, 13:56
Sarah = GOP pick for VP = another 4 years of Obama

series1811
06-14-2012, 15:35
Super.

It's also interesting how one-sided the criticisism of hyperbole, rhetoric, and repetitive ridicule (guilty as charged) is around here.

I hate most politicians. I pity people who think that more than a few actually care about their constituents.

My comments about SP in this thread mirror an old cliche:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

It applies equally to the ridiculous notions that Obama would be good for the country in a second term, and Sarah Palin has any place in high levels of the Executive Branch of the federal government.

You know, it's okay to admit you drank the PDS Koolaid.

GAFinch
06-14-2012, 17:18

http://revelandriot.com/images/palin-and-fey.jpg

There are two different people in this picture.

jakebrake
06-14-2012, 18:42
http://revelandriot.com/images/palin-and-fey.jpg

There are two different people in this picture.

and talentless fey wishes she looked that good.

the woman can shoot, fish, and is a knockout. i could care less about her politics. she's a decent person. she's out of politics? good for her! after a loooong shower, i'm sure she thought long and hard about it....

and decided making a fortune, having a faamily that wasn't being eviscerated by the lowlivfe obozo lovers in the media, and still having a soul was better.

panzer1
06-14-2012, 20:07
chris christie would be the ideal candidate for that....or rubio, or demint....or, well....my kid's pet hermit crabsChris Christie? Why? I would like to know why everyone thinks he is so great. Is he really right wing? Or more to the mid-to left? And Rubio why? Because the GOP thinks that it will get the latio vote? That never going to happen. I don't know who to pick but he better come out swinging not like mccain did. Mccain did not fight was a wussy IMO & give it away. Better go for blood this time or that pos Obama will get back in & thats the END for America!

jakebrake
06-14-2012, 20:09
Chris Christie? Why? I would like to know why everyono thinks he is so great. Is he really right wing? Or more to the mid-to left? And Rubio why? Because the GOP thinks that it will get the latio vote? That never going to happen. I don't know who to pick but he better come out swinging not like mccain did. Mccain did not fight was a ***** IMO & give it away. Better go for blood this time or that pos obama will get back in & that the END for America!

for the job of destroying bozo biden in a debate.

GAFinch
06-14-2012, 20:49
Chris Christie? Why? I would like to know why everyone thinks he is so great. Is he really right wing? Or more to the mid-to left? And Rubio why? Because the GOP thinks that it will get the latio vote? That never going to happen. I don't know who to pick but he better come out swinging not like mccain did. Mccain did not fight was a wussy IMO & give it away. Better go for blood this time or that pos Obama will get back in & thats the END for America!

Why do people like Christie and Rubio despite their imperfect conservative credentials? You answered your own question when bringing up McCain - they're tough guys who know how to stand up to liberals. Same with Reagan.

QNman
06-14-2012, 21:34
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120213055636/uncyclopedia/images/5/52/Double-facepalm.jpg

certifiedfunds
06-14-2012, 21:37
Sarah needs to stay where she is.

Kingarthurhk
06-14-2012, 21:47
When Sarah quit the executive for Alaska, she became a political albatros. The polemics that would be used against her would be that if she became too stressed out as the Vice President, she would simply quit. The further argument would be, if she should have to assume the Presidency for any reason, she could not handle the pressure.

If Romney would like to lose, he should select her.