Is Rubio going to be the VP prospect? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is Rubio going to be the VP prospect?

fnfalman
06-12-2012, 13:40
Romney could do worst.

Rubio is a pretty boy (rock star and all that jazz), likes rap music, even bust out hip hop jams, non-white. Young.

Ruble Noon
06-12-2012, 13:47
I wouldn't be surprised if he is despite his stating that he doesn't want the job.

brickboy240
06-12-2012, 13:50
Rubio was not present at the Bilderberg meeting, so I am betting not.

However, Mitch Daniels WAS there and one of the only VP possibles at that meeting.

Laugh all you want but in 08, the VA Bilderberg meeting planned out Obama and Hillary's destiny.

Not a fan of Daniels but you watch...the GOP seems destined to throw an easy race once again.

- brickboy240

jeanderson
06-12-2012, 13:57
It would seem to me to make the most sense to pick Rubio. But then again, VP picks by candidates in the past never made sense to me.

Rubio is young, good looking and can attract a lot of Hispanic voters. However, from everything I read, this race is going to come down to a handful of key battleground states. Ohio is one of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if Portman gets the nod.

Just my $0.02 worth...

brickboy240
06-12-2012, 14:03
Have you ever heard Rubio give a speech?

He is actually a very powerful speaker and very engaging. Not as engaging as Col. West...but close.

- brickboy240

RDW
06-12-2012, 15:10
My "hope" is Allen West.

FL Airedale
06-12-2012, 15:15
My "hope" is Adam West.

This Adam West?

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/xenozoic_shaman/all-images/108-388348/dynamic_duo/105-1782461/

geo57
06-12-2012, 16:15
Romney could do worst.

Rubio is a pretty boy (rock star and all that jazz), likes rap music, even bust out hip hop jams, non-white. Young.

I presume you meant " Romney could do worse " .

I have doubts liking crap..errr I meant rap , hip hop etc. would bag more votes than lose votes.

cowboywannabe
06-12-2012, 16:26
rubio is white, just like zimmerman is.

certifiedfunds
06-12-2012, 16:28
My "hope" is Adam West.

Batman?

HarlDane
06-12-2012, 16:34
My "hope" is Adam West.It's probably bit of a stretch to jump straight from Mayor of Quahog to VP.

GRIMLET
06-12-2012, 16:40
I would think a proper vp choice for Romney would be Condoleeza Rice. She brings vast experience with foreign affairs. She is highly educated and she would bring the female vote.
I think she would do well. Romney is running hard on his economic abilities.Other than the Olympics, I don't know how much he knows about the dynamics of foriegn policy.
His choice of VP may be the tipping point in his run for the White House.

cowboywannabe
06-12-2012, 16:54
Condoleeza Rice? whats that? a menu item at taco bell?

i keed i keed.

she is a real self made woman and a tough one not to choose but i thought some time ago she sated that she had no interests in furthering her political life.

GRIMLET
06-12-2012, 17:02
Condoleeza Rice? whats that? a menu item at taco bell?

i keed i keed.

she is a real self made woman and a tough one not to choose but i thought some time ago she sated that she had no interests in furthering her political life.

Too bad.

Cavalry Doc
06-12-2012, 17:07
Really, no votes for Rand yet?

GRIMLET
06-12-2012, 17:24
Really, no votes for Rand yet?

One of MY top five.
For Romney to win, I think he would do better with Condi.

gilfo
06-12-2012, 17:35
I think Rubio is the best chance of stealing away the much needed Hispanic vote from Obama.

Cavalry Doc
06-12-2012, 17:42
One of MY top five.
For Romney to win, I think he would do better with Condi.

I'm thinking any first term guys are not seasoned enough. Just a blanket mildly held position though.

I'm really more interested in who Barry is going to pick as his running mate. Hillary may not accept, as she is still young enough to take on Mitt in 2016.

But, she is the queen of the October surprise.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/hillary-witch_small.jpg
The only thing I am sure of, is that we will have more surprises before November.

GRIMLET
06-12-2012, 18:45
Is this speculation that Biden will not be with him this time?
That could throw a wrench. I doubt Hillary would hitch her wagon to BHO. I think she will wait for the next election and try amother run to ne the pres.

Cavalry Doc
06-12-2012, 19:57
That could throw a wrench. I doubt Hillary would hitch her wagon to BHO. I think she will wait for the next election and try amother run to ne the pres.

It's speculation, but it's not just me that is speculating this particular scenario.

Check out the hits, and the sources....
https://www.google.com/search?q=hillary+vp&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Hyksos
06-13-2012, 05:20
I hope it's Rubio. I like him, and I think the Republicans could use the latin vote.

NMPOPS
06-13-2012, 05:35
I'd like to see Condoleza Rice

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

certifiedfunds
06-13-2012, 06:12

I think Hillary is out of politics after this term and onto the lecture circuit.

There is only one thing the Clintons like more than power and that is cash.

BassCatcher
06-13-2012, 07:01
I also like Condi, but it just isn't going to happen.

Not sure how Rubio would help with the all important swing states but he would definitely help with the Latino vote.

walt cowan
06-14-2012, 06:05
Rubio was not present at the Bilderberg meeting, so I am betting not.

However, Mitch Daniels WAS there and one of the only VP possibles at that meeting.

Laugh all you want but in 08, the VA Bilderberg meeting planned out Obama and Hillary's destiny.

Not a fan of Daniels but you watch...the GOP seems destined to throw an easy race once again.

- brickboy240

yes.:wavey: