PDA

View Full Version : Working up a new Wilson order

glock2740
06-12-2012, 22:18
CQB:
fluted bull barrel(hood as well)
reverse/flush crowned barrel
fully supported spring guide cap
naked slide(Wilson logo on both sides of slide behind cocking serrations)
speed chute magwell
single side safety
3 hole trigger
cocobolo sunburst grips
black AT finish
fiber optic front sight(possible gold bead)
all black battle rear sight
flush cut/recessed slide stop
single side safety

Sounds a bit right to me.

What do you guys think? (like I care, since I'm paying for it :rofl:)

This will be my fourth and "hopefully" last Wilson. :cool:

mrsurfboard
06-12-2012, 22:58
Would love to get a Wilson made. Maybe someday when I have an extra 3K laying around.

mleroux21
06-12-2012, 23:25
All looks good but I would change the following

Gold bead or tritium front. (Not a fan of fiber)

Go Walnut Grips. They look wicked nice.

Flush cut crowned barrel.

I wish wilson could put a custom recoil spring cover with the winged wilson emblem.

What finish? High polish Blue?

Marc

Let me know if they offer multiple discount. We can order a matching pair. Hahha. I am actually thinking of ordering another CQB because I love mine so much.

Snaps
06-13-2012, 00:56
I'd skip front serrations in favor of ball cuts. Just ordered my own custom 1911 a couple months back.

Ever look at the nighthawk G10 golfball grips?

R0CKETMAN
06-13-2012, 04:10
You must have bumped your head..black AT while being birthed so close to metaloy...

As noted
- sans FCS
- solid black trigger (short for me)
- new round butt mag well (tell me you've seen it...very cool)
- not a musical instrument or precision long range rifle so I'd skip the bull flute
- skip the dainty FO FS and go trij HD
- skip coco star whatever and go black OP II's

bac1023
06-13-2012, 04:23
Looks like a winner, Joe :)

R0CKETMAN
06-13-2012, 07:29

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2489/214ni9j.jpg

glock2740
06-13-2012, 08:45
All looks good but I would change the following

Gold bead or tritium front. (Not a fan of fiber)

Go Walnut Grips. They look wicked nice.

Flush cut crowned barrel.

I wish wilson could put a custom recoil spring cover with the winged wilson emblem.

What finish? High polish Blue?

Marc

Let me know if they offer multiple discount. We can order a matching pair. Hahha. I am actually thinking of ordering another CQB because I love mine so much.
They don't offer the starburst grips in any kind of wood but cocobolo, I have flush cut/reverse crowned barrel specd, you just missed it and am think of a gold bead. My Wilson Stealth will arrive today and that wiil be my first experience with a gold bead front sight, so I have a little time to see if I like it. Since this won't be a carry gun and will just range work, I'll skip the tritium on this build.

I'd skip front serrations in favor of ball cuts. Just ordered my own custom 1911 a couple months back.

Ever look at the nighthawk G10 golfball grips?
I HATE FCS! :puking::rofl:I'm talking about the Wilson logo eagle on both sides of the slide behind THE cocking serrations. The one's on the back of the slide. As for the grips, I tend to swap them like women change shoes, so it would wear several different G10 grips from time to time.

glock2740
06-13-2012, 09:20
You must have bumped your head..black AT while being birthed so close to metaloy...

As noted
- sans FCS
- solid black trigger (short for me)
- not a musical instrument or precision long range rifle so I'd skip the bull flute
- skip the dainty FO FS and go trij HD
- skip coco star whatever and go black OP II's
Sadly, Wilson doesn't offer hardchrome as a finish anymore. I'm going with a silver 3 hole trigger because that's what I like, but I have been leaning towards the black short solid Harrison Extreme triggers on my black guns. I may go with a gold bead, based on how I like the one on my Wilson Stealth, which arrives today :supergrin:. I'm going to skip a trtium front on this one, as it will probably never see any CC time. This will be a range gun, so FO or GB makes more sense for this one. I really like the flutes on bull barrel in my Wilson ULCc, so I'm going full flutes. I've got plenty of other bull barreled guns with solid barrels already.

glock2740
06-13-2012, 09:34
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2489/214ni9j.jpg
I have seen those and forgot all about it. Those are very cool indeed. :cool:

R0CKETMAN
06-13-2012, 10:52
Sadly, Wilson doesn't offer hardchrome as a finish anymore.

Well that's stupid.....why?

glock2740
06-13-2012, 11:15
Well that's stupid.....why?
Yes. It is very stupid. :steamed: Chris, at Metaloy, is literally, right down the road. And IMO, is the best hardchromer in the buisiness. One reason I order all of my Wilson's with AT, is that 1) it is pretty good stuff and 2) I can always get them hardchromed later. :whistling: :cool: :supergrin: