Punisher Grips!!!!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Punisher Grips!!!!!!!

mleroux21
06-12-2012, 23:09
No offense to anyone!!! But what is the fascination with Punisher Grips. WHY would you put punisher grips on a 1911? I havent seen any Superman or Batman grips, but I sure as hell have seen my fair share of Punisher grips.

Please explain the fascination.

Marc

Snaps
06-13-2012, 00:49
Why not? I have a pair, just not on a gun. Also have an umbrella corp lower.

Just something different I thought was cool to have at the time

southernshooter
06-13-2012, 02:54
[QUOTE=mleroux21;19083440]No offense to anyone!!! But what is the fascination with Punisher Grips. WHY would you put punisher grips on a 1911? I havent seen any Superman or Batman grips, but I sure as hell have seen my fair share of Punisher grips.

I have wondered about that also. Did it all come from that movie "The Punisher"? I did like the movie and it is kind of a cool skull look.

Snaps
06-13-2012, 03:04
That'd be what its from. Comic book and 3 movies now

FLAWLS1
06-13-2012, 03:26
No offense to anyone!!! But what is the fascination with Punisher Grips. WHY would you put punisher grips on a 1911? I havent seen any Superman or Batman grips, but I sure as hell have seen my fair share of Punisher grips.

Marc

Why ask why? Why buy a Glock? Why buy guns? Why buy what YOU like? Why buy a dog? Why watch movies? LOL!!!!

KennyFSU
06-13-2012, 03:51
To each his own; if you don't like them, don't buy them. I fail to see the problem here lol.

That being said, I don't buy them either but I don't question "why?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R0CKETMAN
06-13-2012, 04:01
Not my thing...but I watched to original movie and digged it

Shuutr
06-13-2012, 05:01
I dont know if The Punisher had punisher grips on his 1911s but they were badass. Not a comic expert but he had to be one of the first "heroes" that used guns instead of some freakish superpower or gadgets. Ultimate badass. if you like punisher and ultimately got into guns, you would probably want the icon on at least one gun.

Just like batman stuff, the icon was on everything. The icon itself was as feared as the hero.

Putting superman grips on a pistol, while okay for superman fans, would not be the same. Superman didn't use guns. Neither did batman. Punisher did.

KennyFSU
06-13-2012, 05:15
I had a pair of Batman underwear as a kid...

Shuutr
06-13-2012, 05:32
And batman used underwear. So that makes sense.

bac1023
06-13-2012, 05:53
I don't get it either. The last thing I'd want on a beautiful 1911 is a set of goofy grips, but to each his own.

bac1023
06-13-2012, 05:53
I had a pair of Batman underwear as a kid...

And batman used underwear. So that makes sense.

:rofl:

KennyFSU
06-13-2012, 06:08
Lol, but did the Punisher have grips of himself on his guns? :whistling:

Arc Angel
06-13-2012, 06:08
:shocked: LIKE THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO HAVE ON YOUR EDC IF YOU EVER HAVE TO USE IT!

(I wonder, 'Where' George Zimmerman would be, right now, if he'd had a Punisher Logo on his Kel-Tec?) :headscratch:

KennyFSU
06-13-2012, 06:43
That's a good point, I'm sure it could be skewed in so many different ways in a trial.

mr.scott
06-13-2012, 11:39
:shocked: LIKE THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO HAVE ON YOUR EDC IF YOU EVER HAVE TO USE IT!

(I wonder, 'Where' George Zimmerman would be, right now, if he'd had a Punisher Logo on his Kel-Tec?) :headscratch:

What if he had "taste the rainbow" written on it

crazi_e
06-13-2012, 13:22

Marc

Batman or superman don't use guns

Hogpauls
06-13-2012, 16:41
Not my thing either, but could care less what device makes others happy.

Jason D
06-13-2012, 16:55
It doesn't matter what someone wants to put on their guns.
It's their choice. However. If they had something like that on a gun that was used for something other than punching paper. They may find themselves having to justify their choice of grips in a court of law.

It's something to put on a target gun or match gun, but not one that could ever be used for self defense.

faawrenchbndr
06-13-2012, 18:05
Why does someone put 13" wheels on a car?
Why does someone put a goofy *** wing on a bone stock Honda?
Why do people put fluorescent lights on a bike?

Why ask stupid ****in questions, when you already know the answer?

Because they WANT to.

fnfalman
06-13-2012, 18:14
The Punisher is cool. Batman and Superman aren't cool.

faawrenchbndr
06-13-2012, 18:52

Nakanokalronin
06-13-2012, 19:18
I have some S.T.A.R.S. grips on my 92 Elite that a Beretta forum member made, but they were actually on their guns.

I'm currently trying to figure out what pair of 1911 grips to put some Captain America emblems in since he did indeed use a 1911.

As far as the Punisher, I actually like all 3 films but he never put the Punisher logo on his guns. Many people like it on their grips, it's just not my thing.

bac1023
06-13-2012, 20:41

:animlol:

faawrenchbndr
06-13-2012, 21:04
I'm currently trying to figure out what pair of 1911 grips to put some Captain America emblems in since he did indeed use a 1911.

Contact Larry Davidson

Snaps
06-13-2012, 21:12
FYI, no the punisher didn't have punisher grips. Dolf Lundgren or Thomas Jane style

Shinesintx
06-13-2012, 21:13
Why start a thread about it?

Snaps
06-13-2012, 21:24

be an awful quiet website if people didn't start threads about things wouldn't it?

Nakanokalronin
06-14-2012, 02:23
Contact Larry Davidson

Thanks, but I'm trying to find the right set of grips to inlay some all metal red, white and blue emblems I already have. http://serve.mysmiley.net/winking/winking0016.gif

bac1023
06-14-2012, 06:25

Hey, that's what makes the forum fun. :cool:

faawrenchbndr
06-14-2012, 06:44
Thanks, but I'm trying to find the right set of grips to inlay some all metal red, white and blue emblems I already have. http://serve.mysmiley.net/winking/winking0016.gif

Yep,......call Larry

Snaps
06-14-2012, 14:46
think while the zombie thing got big just out of peoples newly found interest in self defense and being prepared, the punisher thing is more people still just thinking stuff is cool like little kids.

fnfalman
06-14-2012, 15:03
the punisher thing is more people still just thinking stuff is cool like little kids.

And your point is?

You think that a serious fighting handgun has 25-LPI checkering on the front, 30-LPI checkering in the back, 40-LPI checkering on the rear of the rear sight, digicam cerakote finish, ad nauseaum?

Everything is a toy.

Snaps
06-14-2012, 15:34
And your point is?

my point is, (and I'll try to make this easy for you since you seem terribly confused about why you're posting in this thread or how a web forum works in general) it's a possible answer to the question.

You see, somebody starts a conversation, a thread if you will on a message board. For instance here we have this
WHY would you put punisher grips on a 1911? ............

Marc

and then people such as myself attempt to answer that question, and just like that a conversation develops.

See how this works? You should try it

TACLOAD
06-14-2012, 18:14
You guys are making feel bad about purchasing some Sponge Bob 1911 grips off flea bay!

paulbow
06-14-2012, 18:31
I'd rather have the comedian's grips

http://www.dlsports.com/watchmen-1911-grips/pic-2009-03-12-watchmen-grips-med.jpg

SauerChoi
06-14-2012, 18:52
Nvm...reread the whole thread. lol

As to why people like them? Who knows. taste in anything, cars, music, art, guns etc are subjective. I personally wouldn't put them on but if you have them on yours and you like it? Awesome. :cool:

bac1023
06-14-2012, 20:15

http://www.dlsports.com/watchmen-1911-grips/pic-2009-03-12-watchmen-grips-med.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

Snaps
06-14-2012, 22:07

that makes me think of the guy with the smiley face eye on "Last Action Hero.":rofl:

glock2740
06-14-2012, 22:29
I'm gonna put a set on this one. That'll really make it pop! :wow:

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/test3.jpg

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/test4.jpg

:whistling:

Nakanokalronin
06-14-2012, 23:10
I should make some grips with a rampant My Little Pony on them and put them on my Colt Combat Elite. :whistling:

Snaps
06-15-2012, 01:32
I should make some grips with a rampant My Little Pony on them and put them on my Colt Combat Elite. :whistling:

something like this?

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/267/2/2/pinkie_pie___angry_by_lixr-d4ary9t.png

10-32
06-15-2012, 01:45
It's their choice. However. If they had something like that on a gun that was used for something other than punching paper. They may find themselves having to justify their choice of grips in a court of law.

It's something to put on a target gun or match gun, but not one that could ever be used for self defense.

That's so stupid!

I know it's probably true and I'm not calling you stupid, but what do the grips have to do with anything? I have a right to have a gun but not to make a cosmetic change that has ZERO effect on the functioning of it? Okay! Stupid
Unfortunately though, you're absolutely right.

Nakanokalronin
06-15-2012, 09:05
something like this?

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/267/2/2/pinkie_pie___angry_by_lixr-d4ary9t.png

Kinda, but rampant like the Colt symbol. Then maybe I'll go post the picture over at TOS and be all serious like. :whistling:

Snaps
06-15-2012, 10:35
figured you could rotate it

oldman11
06-15-2012, 10:54
Because to a lot of people having or carrying a gun is a show off (see what I got) thing.

Chesafreak
06-15-2012, 10:58
It doesn't matter what someone wants to put on their guns.

My feelings on this as well. I think they look cool, but I wouldn't put them on a gun that may be used of self defense. In a trial, the presecutor would have a field day with it. "So, you must think you're judge, jury, AND executioner".

KennyFSU
06-15-2012, 13:30
^ Has that ever happened in a case? (If not, I wouldn't want to be the first to find out).

Chesafreak
06-15-2012, 14:01
^ Has that ever happened in a case? (If not, I wouldn't want to be the first to find out).

From what I have read on these forums and the posted links, the prosecutor will try his or her best to protray you as a gun nut or enthusiastic killer or whatever it takes to win the case against you. I don't really want to be the one to find out.

I read something in a post on this site a while back about a survey on how jurists view diffent types of home defense long guns, like AR's, AK's, and shotguns. Most of them seem to view AR's and AK's as evil and it colors thier judgement of you. This is another reason why I would never buy a Taurus Judge or any gun named in any way that would make me look like an executioner.

I do think those grips look really cool and I would buy them except for the fact that I wouldn't want them used against me in a trial. I have seen the same emblem on the cover on the back of a Glock slide and avoided them for the same reason.

wayno
06-15-2012, 14:54
say each to his own:whistling:

Jason D
06-15-2012, 16:52
That's so stupid!

I know it's probably true and I'm not calling you stupid, but what do the grips have to do with anything? I have a right to have a gun but not to make a cosmetic change that has ZERO effect on the functioning of it? Okay! Stupid
Unfortunately though, you're absolutely right.

It is stupid.

People should be comfortable to do what they please with their property. If you want to drive around in a hand painted camo truck, then that is your right.

If a person wants to put punisher/zombie/reaper/whatever grips on their guns. That is there right. Unfortunately though, stuff like that scares the sheep.

Probably not as much as an evil black rifle but it is something that needs to be pondered.

BOOSTED12A
06-21-2012, 14:19
some people are genuine fans of certain comics or things. ive been a punisher fan for a decade or two.... i have a punisher slide plate for my 21. it was one of my favorite comics as a kid. the art work was awesome. if you naysayers have never really looked at some of the graphic novels or war journals you should. im a big batman fan too. i like the captain america grip idea. i think a lot of people would buy em. the fact that there are so many movies of comic books now is awesome! i say more punisher skulls for everyone!

http://www.flashcoo.com/anime/marvel_comics_16_20090806/images/marvel_comic_wallpaper_PWJ10.jpg

fnfalman
06-21-2012, 23:18
Let's see...what will the District Attorney have more fun with? A Punisher gripped pistol or pistol called Combat Elite/Tactica Elite with all the "combat/tactical" modifications.

Wil Ufgood
06-21-2012, 23:29

I like those, they'll fit right in when I'm cruisin' in my Jeep :cool:

10-32
06-22-2012, 00:07
Let's see...what will the District Attorney have more fun with? A Punisher gripped pistol or pistol called Combat Elite/Tactica Elite with all the "combat/tactical" modifications.

That's an interesting thing to consider. Equally as stupid, so I'm sure they'd jump on it.

I wonder what they'd think of the Zombie Max ammo I have in my Beretta. :whistling:

Nakanokalronin
06-22-2012, 09:30
The S.T.A.R.S. grips and Captain America emblem grips I plan to make are on guns that see range use only. If they were going to be carried or used for SD, they'd come off immediately.

People can do whatever they want but there is a time and place for everything and carrying around something with a vigilante's symbol on it is just asking for trouble should you ever need to use that gun to defend yourself. In reality, a carry/HD gun is about having it on you/at the ready and hidden JIC, not for showing off, so why bother?

RetailNinja
06-22-2012, 13:07
Would a prosecutor have less fun if the gun used in a shooting had peace sign and heart grips on it? What if the slide was roll marked with 'CareBear stare'?

BOOSTED12A
06-22-2012, 13:52
Would a prosecutor have less fun if the gun used in a shooting had peace sign and heart grips on it? What if the slide was roll marked with 'CareBear stare'?

the hello kitty ar comes to mind....

denn1911
06-22-2012, 16:48

What do you mean by "combat/tactical" modifications?

Snaps
06-22-2012, 16:59
I just came across zombie defense grips and I think I'm gonna get a pair. I guess I should be scared what a DA would think? :eek:

Wil Ufgood
06-22-2012, 17:44

http://www.nettac.com/Vickers-Tactical-Slide-Stop-for-Glock_p_118.html

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical-Trigger-Unit-Single-Stage-Semi-Auto/productinfo/TR-TTU/

Obviously there are plenty more. Personally don't see it as an issue.

Nakanokalronin
06-22-2012, 18:14
I'm not telling anyone what they should do, but let's look at how lawyers win cases sometimes. If you think they use facts and nothing but the facts, then you don't know lawyers very well. They'll say whatever they need to and use whatever tid bits they can muster, weather they're the defense or prosecutor, to convince a judge or jury that you are something your not or what you say is not true.

If you think a bunch of jurors are made up of law professors, then you don't realize that they're usually picked by the attorneys themselves. Think they don't pick at least a few that look like they could be easily swayed? Lawyers don't exactly care about doing what's right, but they do care about using anything to their advantage to win.

Again, put whatever you want on your guns. I have all sorts of stuff on my guns, but I keep my HD/SD guns clean and simple because that's my choice. I also think it's kind of a waste to put special grips on guns that don't come out until you put them up on your dresser/nightstand at the end of the day. If you OC, diamond encrusted zombie grips with a Punisher skull for a head might just have people asking "Where did you get those grips?" http://serve.mysmiley.net/winking/winking0071.gif

Travelin' Jack
06-22-2012, 18:24
I'm not telling anyone what they should do, but let's look at how lawyers win cases sometimes. If you think they use facts and nothing but the facts, then you don't know lawyers very well. They'll say whatever they need to and use whatever tid bits they can muster, weather they're the defense or prosecutor, to convince a judge or jury that you are something your not or what you say is not true.

If you think a bunch of jurors are made up of law professors, then you don't realize that they're usually picked by the attorneys themselves. Think they don't pick at least a few that look like they could be easily swayed? Lawyers don't exactly care about doing what's right, but they do care about using anything to their advantage to win.

Again, put whatever you want on your guns. I have all sorts of stuff on my guns, but I keep my HD/SD guns clean and simple because that's my choice. I also think it's kind of a waste to put special grips on guns that don't come out until you put them up on your dresser/nightstand at the end of the day. If you OC, diamond encrusted zombie grips with a Punisher skull for a head might just have people asking "Where did you get those grips?" http://serve.mysmiley.net/winking/winking0071.gif

I own quite a few guns. Not every one of them is a shootin' people gun. If people want to dress up their toys, more power to them.

Big_Grumpy
06-22-2012, 23:03
Put them on an Air Soft or lesser. They're toy/comic representation.

fnfalman
06-22-2012, 23:47

Whatever that the prosecutors can dream up. Extended safety lever to quickly snap off the thumb safety. Checkered front strap for better recoil control and quicker second shot placement. Tuned for even more accuracy than factory stock.

You sound like one of them "vigilantes", running around with combat modified guns ready to shoot somebody. Are you some sort of Zimmerman?

Lordy, lordy, look at the gun's name itself: CQB Elite. Pray tell sir, what does CQB stand for? Oh yes, it stands for "Close Quarter Combat". Why as a civilian do you feel the need to do any sort of "Close Quarter Combat"? Isn't that what our fine special forces folks are doing for our country?

How about this scenario?

Sir, you own a gun with a grip that shows the Spartan helmet. Do you know that Sparta conquered and enslaved other Greeks? Do you know that Spartans killed their imperfect babies? Quite a vicious group of people. And Molon Labe? I do believe that is the motto of a bunch of anti-government gun nuts. What does that tell us about your mentality, sir?

Snaps
06-22-2012, 23:58
not planning much on going to court, if I am I'm sure I'll have a damn good reason to b there and the grips on my gun are the least of my worries

fnfalman
06-23-2012, 00:01
not planning much on going to court, if I am I'm sure I'll have a damn good reason to b there and the grips on my gun are the least of my worries

That's for damn sure. If you have to shoot and kill somebody; for whatever reasons, the Punisher or Viking or Spartan grips are the least of your worry.

Snaps
06-23-2012, 01:10
Soooo, if I'd put a pair of these on my gun it'd be perfectly safe to shoot somebody with? I mean since they care so much about what kinda grips you have on your gun I'd think this would let you walk right out the door
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-AMBI-SAFETY-Profile-Acrylic-Custom-SPD-Grips-Smiley-Nice-Day-/130712421605?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6f1144e5

Nakanokalronin
06-23-2012, 01:48
Soooo, if I'd put a pair of these on my gun it'd be perfectly safe to shoot somebody with? I mean since they care so much about what kinda grips you have on your gun I'd think this would let you walk right out the door
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-AMBI-SAFETY-Profile-Acrylic-Custom-SPD-Grips-Smiley-Nice-Day-/130712421605?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6f1144e5

Your taking this to another level for no reason with the comments.

Why not put a "F the police" bumper sticker on your car and see how many cops pull you over just because. :whistling:

Maybe one that says "hardcore road rager" would do me good in an accident.

I know it's silly to think a pair of grips or a name of a gun is going to give fuel to a prosecuting attorney but what else do you think they're looking for? It could be a clear cut case that you defended yourself so the only thing left is to nit-pick small details.

Nakanokalronin
06-23-2012, 01:48
I own quite a few guns. Not every one of them is a shootin' people gun. If people want to dress up their toys, more power to them.

Exactly.

MD357
06-23-2012, 08:44
Can anyone cite one case? Precedent? Where someone was prosecuted on how their grips or gun looked? No anecdotes, looking for a linked reference. Just curious.

Snaps
06-23-2012, 11:03
Your taking this to another level for no reason with the comments.

I don't see where this thread has ever been on a different level.

faawrenchbndr
06-23-2012, 11:13
I like 'em,...........:supergrin:

http://www.google.com/search?q=punisher+grips&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=F_nlT9n4K8rE2wXwjtnZCQ&ved=0CG4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

fnfalman
06-23-2012, 13:26
Can anyone cite one case? Precedent? Where someone was prosecuted on how their grips or gun looked? No anecdotes, looking for a linked reference. Just curious.

Wait till somebody started quoting Massad Ayoob and his experience with court cases.

glockin-45
06-24-2012, 18:05
A little sad but true. But i don't realy care how much fun he has or not tryin ta bust ur ***. If a woman shoots bad guy with a pink pistol, he can say she hates men and is a vigilanty with a pink gun. I'll stay concerned if it's a justifiable shoot or not, with every petty lawsuit and poor mis-understood bad guy's out there just trying to make ends meet.

rem2429
07-02-2012, 19:19

Having been cross examined in court, I do not think it would be that nice.

I have an AR with the symbol. I bought it when it was hard to find AR lowers marked as pistol which this was. It will get painted over if I ever build it out.

jakebrake
07-04-2012, 17:59
dunno...but i'd love a set of walnut "aeqitas veritas" 1911 grips.....they would look nice with my stainless.

Sarge1400
07-09-2012, 10:07
Why would anybody care how anybody else outfits their pistol, as long as it's functionally safe? Grow up.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt7/Sarge1400/Stop_liking_what_I_dont_like-n1315212424812-1.jpg

fnfalman
07-09-2012, 12:29
dunno...but i'd love a set of walnut "aeqitas veritas" 1911 grips.....they would look nice with my stainless.

Been watching Boondock Saints again?

It was a gunfight!!!

Snaps
07-09-2012, 15:04
Been watching Boondock Saints again?

It was a gunfight!!!

Firefight.

TxGlock9
07-13-2012, 00:41
I don't like goofy grips either. The VZ Gatorbacks are as wild as I would go.