5 months 28 days [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 5 months 28 days

eaglefrq
06-13-2012, 12:48
From pending status to receiving my tax stamp for my suppressor. When I picked up my suppressor yesterday, I commented on the wait and they told me it's now 6-9 months. :wow:

I was thinking about picking up a Benelli M-1 SBS from my LGS, but I don't want to wait that long.

However, the price is almost to good to pass up $669.00 (it's a police trade-in) and comes with the 14" barrel plus the 20" barrel.

USMCsilver
06-13-2012, 12:53
Holy back-log, Batman!

plouffedaddy
06-13-2012, 13:34
I'm at 6 months 27 days now for 2 SBR stamps... :crying:

Baba Louie
06-13-2012, 13:35
Backlog or... the old slow it down a tad boys. Orders from above...?

WoodenPlank
06-13-2012, 15:39
Backlog or... the old slow it down a tad boys. Orders from above...?

The NFA division is blocked from hiring employees - even replacements for people that quit. They've lost something like 10 inspectors over the past 3-4 years, and purchases of NFA items (especially suppressors) have gone up.

Not everything is a bleeping conspiracy.

Baba Louie
06-14-2012, 06:47
The NFA division is blocked from hiring employees - even replacements for people that quit. ...
Not everything is a bleeping conspiracy. I wonder who "blocked" hiring? The public? :whistling:

But thanks for the heads up. Nice to be informed.

WoodenPlank
06-14-2012, 06:50
I wonder who "blocked" hiring? The public? :whistling:

But thanks for the heads up. Nice to be informed.

Can't remember offhand if it was a budget rider added by congress, ATF policy, or what... Either way, it's bull. The one thing the ATF really SHOULD be keeping up with gets neglected.

bac1023
06-14-2012, 06:58
Wow! :wow:

Scott3670
06-14-2012, 21:23
The NFA division is blocked from hiring employees - even replacements for people that quit. They've lost something like 10 inspectors over the past 3-4 years, and purchases of NFA items (especially suppressors) have gone up.

They actually hired a new team of people to address the backlog, and I understand that it should go down to 4-5 months. In case anyone is mildly curious about how I know this, well, I have a good friend who works there.

WoodenPlank
06-14-2012, 21:34
They actually hired a new team of people to address the backlog, and I understand that it should go down to 4-5 months. In case anyone is mildly curious about how I know this, well, I have a good friend who works there.

I'm curious to see how they solved that hiring dilemma, and what exactly the problem was to begin with.

Scott3670
06-14-2012, 23:13
I'm curious to see how they solved that hiring dilemma, and what exactly the problem was to begin with.

Quite simple, really. They have a number of contract employees and just reassigned a number of them to the NFA office.

plouffedaddy
06-15-2012, 05:35
I'm at 6 months 27 days now for 2 SBR stamps... :crying:

Stamps showed up yesterday :supergrin:

ak103k
06-15-2012, 06:25
Stamps showed up yesterday :supergrin:
You didnt fire a mag or two off in the yard when you got home, did you? :supergrin:

Mine showed up the Friday before Memorial Day. 6 months to the day. Would have been a week shorter, but there was a paperwork malfunction, and I got the forms back the week before for correction.

My burn barrel is now officially "riddled" and needs replacing, and the neighbors think Im building something for some reason. :supergrin:

DonD
06-15-2012, 07:16
Can't remember offhand if it was a budget rider added by congress, ATF policy, or what... Either way, it's bull. The one thing the ATF really SHOULD be keeping up with gets neglected.

Maybe the racist Eric Holder has people busy with the next illegal sequel to "Fast and Furious."

Sorry to go off topic, couldn't resist a slap at our rotten Attorney General. Don

jph02
06-15-2012, 08:02
Maybe the racist Eric Holder has people busy with the next illegal sequel to "Fast and Furious."

Sorry to go off topic, couldn't resist a slap at our rotten Attorney General. Don
Fast and Furious 2: All the stamps were going to the people who got the guns in the original. :lol:

plouffedaddy
06-15-2012, 19:35
You didnt fire a mag or two off in the yard when you got home, did you? :supergrin:

Mine showed up the Friday before Memorial Day. 6 months to the day. Would have been a week shorter, but there was a paperwork malfunction, and I got the forms back the week before for correction.

My burn barrel is now officially "riddled" and needs replacing, and the neighbors think Im building something for some reason. :supergrin:

Unfortunately I live in a pretty large city so no :crying:

Going to blast away tomorrow though :supergrin:

ted1
06-15-2012, 19:42
Stupid question Why do you need a suppressor Do you think you're a bunch of mobsters going to make a hit or what?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

ak103k
06-15-2012, 19:58
Stupid question....
Youre right, it was a stupid question. :tongueout:

Stupid answer is, because I can and I want to.

Its also nice to be able to shoot without ear protection. I shot 50 rounds of .223 today without ear plugs, and I can still hear. These days, a single round of .22 will set them to ringing hard for days.

cowboy1964
06-15-2012, 20:05

Everything else in government has exploded. But the NFA division is shrinking? Sounds pretty deliberate to me.

WoodenPlank
06-15-2012, 23:20
Everything else in government has exploded. But the NFA division is shrinking? Sounds pretty deliberate to me.

There is a difference between deliberate and a conspiracy. All it takes is one asshat slipping in a budget rider that nobody else goes back and removes.

GoingQuiet
06-16-2012, 00:34
Holy back-log, Batman!

You haven't seen tax stamps from the Mass Avenue branch, have you?