For Sale: The United States Government [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: The United States Government

DannyR
06-14-2012, 07:06
Thanks to the stupid Supreme Court ruling, the Government is now for sale. Next up on the agenda is to eliminate the middle class and restore slavery. I find this so sad. I can't move to Canada because it is too cold. Can't move to Mexico because it is too corrupt. Guess I'll just have to sit tight and learn to say "Yes, Master!"

If you were to be elected president, thanks to someone's $10,000,000.00 donation, just who will you think of every time you make a domestic decision? Face it, money buys influence. Always has, always will.

Chesafreak
06-14-2012, 07:52
Thanks to the stupid Supreme Court ruling, the Government is now for sale. Next up on the agenda is to eliminate the middle class and restore slavery. I find this so sad. I can't move to Canada because it is too cold. Can't move to Mexico because it is too corrupt. Guess I'll just have to sit tight and learn to say "Yes, Master!"

If you were to be elected president, thanks to someone's $10,000,000.00 donation, just who will you think of every time you make a domestic decision? Face it, money buys influence. Always has, always will.

Link?

Gundude
06-14-2012, 08:35
Thanks to the stupid Supreme Court ruling, the Government is now for sale. Next up on the agenda is to eliminate the middle class and restore slavery. I find this so sad. I can't move to Canada because it is too cold. Can't move to Mexico because it is too corrupt. Guess I'll just have to sit tight and learn to say "Yes, Master!"Take a look at this: http://barelybad.com/north_of_canada_map.htm

The population centers in Canada aren't as cold as you think. Have fun over there eh. Of course, before you're able to be "free", you'll need to sell every handgun you have that's smaller than a Glock 17, and every "assault weapon" you have.

Enjoy. :wavey:

JBnTX
06-14-2012, 08:55
... Next up on the agenda is to eliminate the middle class and restore slavery...

Who's going to be enslaved?

DannyR
06-14-2012, 10:13
There will be only two classes left: the very rich and the very poor, soon to be slaves to the very rich.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/06/14/sheldon-adelson-willing-to-spend-100-million-to-beat-obama

mmncw
06-14-2012, 13:42
Nothing new, and not neccesarily effective. Anyone remember how much Soros unsuccesfully spent trying to keep W from being re-elected? People with money will always find a way around the rules to try and buy influence - and since we as a country have been voting for bigger and bigger government over the past century or so, there are more places for them to spend their money to buy a bigger return.

GAFinch
06-14-2012, 17:55
Super PACs give private American citizens, billionaires and working class alike, a voice to counteract unions which support Democratic candidates without little or no say from union members and corporations which would buy media outlets to skirt around the old campaign finance laws.

In the 2008 election, Obama's campaign raised $750 billion compared to McCain's $250 billion. Here in 2012, the two campaigns are almost even.

barbedwiresmile
06-15-2012, 04:37
.... not neccesarily effective.

Monsanto and JP Morgan would suggest otherwise. I wonder if John Corzine and Jamie Dimon debate this on the links?

mmncw
06-15-2012, 07:24
Monsanto and JP Morgan would suggest otherwise. I wonder if John Corzine and Jamie Dimon debate this on the links?

Don't disagree with your example, but please note the word "neccesarily".

Anyway, that wasn't the main point - which was that there is always someone with more money, connections, and/or influence, but the bigger the system, the more opportunities for those with more money, influence, and connections to buy their way in.

As to Corzine, must be nice to be walking around free, just saw headline for someone in Texas going to jail for shady financial transactions. Guess he didn't buy the right friends.

kirgi08
06-15-2012, 07:54
Your right Coach,the US of A.Unlimited series of auctions.Sold ta the highest bidder.'08. :sad:

SPIN2010
06-15-2012, 08:53
There will be only two classes left: the very rich and the very poor, soon to be slaves to the very rich.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/06/14/sheldon-adelson-willing-to-spend-100-million-to-beat-obama

Fact right there.

pugman
06-15-2012, 09:46
In the 2008 election, Obama's campaign raised $750 billion compared to McCain's $250 billion. Here in 2012, the two campaigns are almost even.

I assume this is a typo....