Obama's 'Blame Bush' gambit still working - Gallup [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama's 'Blame Bush' gambit still working - Gallup

snerd
06-14-2012, 08:29
He keeps using it because it still works.
Americans continue to place more blame for the nation's economic problems on George W. Bush than on Barack Obama, even though Bush left office more than three years ago. The relative economic blame given to Bush versus Obama today is virtually the same as it was last September.
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/06/obamas_blame_bush_gambit_still_working_-_gallup.html#ixzz1xmINvSgJ

JFrame
06-14-2012, 08:38
Never really trusted Gallup -- but we'll see...

Brucev
06-14-2012, 08:44
Many find the truth inconvenient. In this case, it is true of those who want to avoid any blame being attached to Bush for the crash, etc. And... in the same way, it is true of those who want to avoid any blame being attached to the squatter. In both cases, the truth is not what they want to hear. So, they spin it into a myth which they repeat hoping to overwhelm the public with their substitute for what they find... inconvenient.

Jerry
06-14-2012, 08:46
Sent to me by a Canadian friend.

Anyone that believes Bush caused any of the Obaminations problems needs to read this and reread it until it it sink in.

----------------------------------------------------------

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress.

At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77

The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%

The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH

Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?

BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!

Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie? OBAMA and the Democrat Congress

So when someone tries to blame Bush.

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.

Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.

concretefuzzynuts
06-14-2012, 08:51
Very good Jerry.

cowboywannabe
06-14-2012, 08:54
amerikans are a an easily dooped breed.

JFrame
06-14-2012, 09:00
Sent to me by a Canadian friend.

Anyone that believes Bush caused any of the Obaminations problems needs to read this and reread it until it it sink in.

----------------------------------------------------------

Great post, Jerry! :thumbsup:

To dial back the clock even further, it was Jimmy Carter's Community Reinvestment Act of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1977 that got the ball rolling on the housing market collapse. Bill Clinton poured more gasoline on the fire in the mid-'90's by pushing through regulations that eased home ownership for financially unqualified purchasers.

ColdSteelNail
06-14-2012, 09:08
Jerry,
One side does not control the Senate with 51 seats anymore. It takes 60 to even get a bill to the floor for a vote. Bush faced that problem during his entire presidency and Obama has faced it since he took office.

I don't care who's in office the Senate needs to change that rule.

callihan_44
06-14-2012, 09:11
the libs I speak to on this subject view it as ALL bush's fault because he ran up the debt, then obama had to come in and "fix things" by spending MORE. Therefore that DOES NOT count as obama spending, if bush hadnt destroyed america the money wouldnt have been spent( not my words)....

JFrame
06-14-2012, 09:34
the libs I speak to on this subject view it as ALL bush's fault because he ran up the debt, then obama had to come in and "fix things" by spending MORE. Therefore that DOES NOT count as obama spending, if bush hadnt destroyed america the money wouldnt have been spent( not my words)....

The Keynesian mindset seems to mesh well with BDS -- not that the people you're speaking to are necessarily processing coherent thought to even that extent...

aircarver
06-14-2012, 09:56
The 'Big Lie' still works on the stupid and venal .....:upeyes:

samurairabbi
06-14-2012, 10:17
In 1936, much of America was still bitter at Hoover, so the Bush/Obama shtick is not new. The difference was in how America saw Roosevelt.

Roosevelt pulled a 60% landslide vote in 1936, MUCH greater than his 1932 margin. America was still mired in the Depression, but FDR somehow touched something in the American spirit. After 3+ years in office, Obama has NOT aroused anything comparable in American views of HIM. Bush-blaming is an attractive strategy, but it may not be enough to override OTHER aspects of the electoral situation.

JFrame
06-14-2012, 10:51
In 1936, much of America was still bitter at Hoover, so the Bush/Obama shtick is not new. The difference was in how America saw Roosevelt.

Roosevelt pulled a 60% landslide vote in 1936, MUCH greater than his 1932 margin. America was still mired in the Depression, but FDR somehow touched something in the American spirit. After 3+ years in office, Obama has NOT aroused anything comparable in American views of HIM. Bush-blaming is an attractive strategy, but it may not be enough to override OTHER aspects of the electoral situation.

Other than his personal assets (his "fireside chats," and his perceived demeanor of paternalistic benevolence), Roosevelt also likely benefited from a fairly ironclad control of the "message" that went out through the press and the airwaves. He was the closest thing to a pure dictator that we've seen in the 20th century...

G22Dude
06-14-2012, 10:57
Too bad Bush isn't on the ballot. Otherwise Obama could make him look bad in a debate

Cavalry Doc
06-14-2012, 11:02
At some point, isn't blaming bush the same as admitting he's just not the guy that can fix the problem. He even had 2 years with both houses of congress.

http://www.steveparkerphoto.com/TshirtsUpTheButt/Designs/Guess%20He%20Cant.jpg

series1811
06-14-2012, 11:12
Too bad Bush isn't on the ballot. Otherwise Obama could make him look bad in a debate

Unless somebody tripped over the cord to the teleprompter and pulled it loose.

samurairabbi
06-14-2012, 11:14
Other than his personal assets (his "fireside chats," and his perceived demeanor of paternalistic benevolence), Roosevelt also likely benefited from a fairly ironclad control of the "message" that went out through the press and the airwaves. He was the closest thing to a pure dictator that we've seen in the 20th century...

Your last statement is applicable, but ONLY until about 1937-8. The court-packing embarrassment and the 1937 "Roosevelt recession" destroyed the control of the "New Dealer Democrat" faction in Congress. The resurgent combination of Republicans and conservative Democrats in congress after these two events curtailed much of the New Deal political power.

JFrame
06-14-2012, 11:19
Your last statement is applicable, but ONLY until about 1937-8. The court-packing embarrassment and the 1937 "Roosevelt recession" destroyed the control of the "New Dealer Democrat" faction in Congress. The resurgent combination of Republicans and conservative Democrats in congress after these two events curtailed much of the New Deal political power.

Point taken...

Although, under the pretext of national security, FDR issued his most dictatorial action in 1942 -- and likely the single most egregious violation of the Constitution in our history.

Jerry
06-14-2012, 14:51
Jerry,
One side does not control the Senate with 51 seats anymore. It takes 60 to even get a bill to the floor for a vote. Bush faced that problem during his entire presidency and Obama has faced it since he took office.

And that changes the fact that it was not Bushes fault how? Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES (afer the Demorats) had a MAJORITY to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy. January 3rd, 2007 Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee and the economic meltdown happened 15 months later (that's one year and three months AFTER THEY WERE IN CONTROL). The MAJORITY, Demorats, including the Obimation, got the bills passes. Sooooooooooo neither you or the Omamination can blame it on Bush no matter how you try to spin it. :tongueout:

G19G20
06-14-2012, 15:32
Remember that news articles (and poll results) are often placed not to report facts, but to create them. I see an article like that and think "This is meant to remind people of Bush so Obama can continue to blame Bush." It's not a piece meant to report sentiment but to form it. Propaganda 101.

Lethaltxn
06-14-2012, 15:54
http://img.tapatalk.com/417c5e0a-5d96-2d3e.jpg

ModGlock17
06-14-2012, 18:55
"Blaming BUSH" always gives me this image of Obama Sr. looking at little Obama Jr. in the arms of his unwed mother and says, "This Ain't MY Fault!"

jakebrake
06-14-2012, 19:04
"Blaming BUSH" always gives me this image of Obama Sr. looking at little Obama Jr. in the arms of his unwed mother and says, "This Ain't MY Fault!"
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

or those giant, stupid looking ears.

Cavalry Doc
06-14-2012, 20:03

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::rofl:

QNman
06-14-2012, 21:40
Remember that news articles (and poll results) are often placed not to report facts, but to create them. I see an article like that and think "This is meant to remind people of Bush so Obama can continue to blame Bush." It's not a piece meant to report sentiment but to form it. Propaganda 101.

You are correct. But don't let it go to your head... :supergrin: