The top three reasons Eric Holder should be held in contempt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The top three reasons Eric Holder should be held in contempt

DOC44
06-14-2012, 20:21
On June 20, the House Oversight Committee will meet to decide whether to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. All of this stems from Operation Fast and Furious, a government-run gun-running program that had no clear goals, no real oversight and, by many accounts, was intended to cause violence that could be used as a pretext to chip away at Americans’ Second Amendment rights. I predict that the House Oversight Committee, of which I am a member, will find him in contempt. That would be the right outcome. Here are the top three reasons why:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/14/the-top-three-reasons-eric-holder-should-be-held-in-contempt/#ixzz1xpAsEXYQ

Doc44

GAFinch
06-14-2012, 20:59
It's amazing how many good, exclusive stories come out of a two year old blog.

DOC44
06-14-2012, 21:16

Two year old blog??????

The top three reasons Eric Holder should be held in contempt

Published: 6:47 PM 06/14/2012

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/14/the-top-three-reasons-eric-holder-should-be-held-in-contempt/#ixzz1xpPGQ5bV

Doc44:dunno:

JBnTX
06-14-2012, 21:39

All 3 of these reasons are current valid reasons for Holder to be held in contempt of congress, which is nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

1) Holder won’t comply with our subpoena.
2) Holder has been less than forthcoming.
3) Holder hasn’t held anyone accountable.

Personally I think he should be charged as an accessory to murder and extradited to Mexico to stand trial.

GAFinch
06-14-2012, 21:47
Two year old blog??????

Started out as an alternative to the HuffPo...they have a couple in-house editors to polish everything, but most of the writers are freelance.

ETA: I wasn't being sarcastic in my previous post, I love that site.

JBnTX
06-15-2012, 07:53
Started out as an alternative to the HuffPo...they have a couple in-house editors to polish everything, but most of the writers are freelance.

ETA: I wasn't being sarcastic in my previous post, I love that site.

What are you trying to say? :dunno:

Do you think Holder should be held in contempt?

kirgi08
06-15-2012, 08:34
Holder should be charged with treason.'08. :burn:

aircarver
06-15-2012, 08:36
AND extradited to Mexico .....

kirgi08
06-15-2012, 08:54
Cost of housing would be cheaper.'08. :woohoo:

whoflungdo
06-15-2012, 09:06

Not to speak for GAfinch.. I believe he is saying he is surprised a young blog is able to put out as many good newsworthy stories and breaking news where the more traditional, established organizations cannot or will not..

wjv
06-15-2012, 10:28
Three reasons?

- lying
- scumbag
- POS

JBnTX
06-15-2012, 10:50
Three reasons?

- lying
- scumbag
- POS

Then 90% of congress would have to vote to hold themselves in contempt.

aircarver
06-15-2012, 12:13
Then 90% of congress would have to vote to hold themselves in contempt.

Got us there ! .... :frown:

GAFinch
06-15-2012, 15:12

Not to speak for GAfinch.. I believe he is saying he is surprised a young blog is able to put out as many good newsworthy stories and breaking news where the more traditional, established organizations cannot or will not..

Yes...I shouldn't write unclear posts right before bed.

I absolutely think Holder should be in Gitmo or in a Mexican prison. These aren't neighborhood drug dealers, they're huge organizations run by ex-military guys who massacre civilians to intimidate town's police and citizens. He was arming narco-terrorists and our country was therefore a state sponsor of terror.

I found it strange that Calderón was making multiple statements decrying guns coming across the border while this was going on, including at least one statement in front of the White House, but ever since the scandal erupted he's been unusually quiet. If he didn't know this operation was going on, you'd expect a foreign leader to be completely outraged and pleading his case before Congress and/or the UN. Either he's incompetent as well or he was complicit in this operation, which would lead one to think that the State Dept would've had to have been involved as well.

Crimes:
1. Flat-out lies made to Congress.
2. Witholding of documents for over a year.
3. Apparent lack of meaningful disciplinary actions of underlings.
4. Possible intentional sponsoring of narco-terrorists, leading to murders of two federal agents and hundreds of Mexican citizens.
5. Refusal to prosecute New Black Panthers for voter intimidation, despite videotaped proof.
6. Refusal to prosecute NBP for bounty placed on Zimmerman, despite videotaped proof.

Questionable ethics:
6. Refusal to appoint independent prosecutors to investigate string of classified material leaks, which is extremely worse than Valerie Plame faux-scandal and likely far worse than Watergate.
7. Mismanagement of Fort Hood shooting/cover-up of Al Qaeda ties.
8. Fights with states over voter ID issues.