Please Read: Small Arms Treaty [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Please Read: Small Arms Treaty

Dbltapglock
06-15-2012, 18:01
deleted

NMPOPS
06-15-2012, 19:39
Here we go again. This will never pass in the US Senate. It's the same old regurgitated stuff.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Dbltapglock
06-15-2012, 20:04
deleted

NMPOPS
06-15-2012, 20:30
I agree we can't stay silent but NDAA was quite different and due to the war had some support and took way less to pass. Treaties however require a 2/3 vote of the Senate.

Christopher67
07-06-2012, 23:59
UN Arms Trade Treaty, a SCAM weaponseducation - YouTube

cowboywannabe
07-07-2012, 00:21
Here we go again. This will never pass in the US Senate. It's the same old regurgitated stuff.

didnt they say that about obamacare?

sdsnet
07-07-2012, 07:48

Remember that the Senate is decidedly left leaning right now. Why would the dems particularly Obama and Hillary risk the backlash if they believed they could not push this through the Senate as well ?

Yes we just need a few blue dog democrats in the Senate to reject this treaty. Will we get them ? I doubt it. This is being pushed through in an organized fashion. Obama has been quiet on gun control yet has told Brady he is busy "working under the radar". Our country is being taken from Americans and everyone seems to be too busy with their lives to do anything about it or even keep up with what is happening with their rights for the most part.

I am so surprised that there are not large groups of people protesting this in Washington. If there were groups forming I would take a week's vacation from work and go.

I do not believe Romney supports this but... How much would you bet that the Romney campaign will not bring this up and use it against Obama ?

NMPOPS
07-07-2012, 19:48
A treaty needs 67 votes to pass the Senate. That's at least 16 Republicans as I think it just about an even split at his point. So I don't think any treaty relating to gun control will pass.

Christopher67
07-07-2012, 23:12
didnt they say that about obamacare?

Exactly.....

US Will Sign Gun Control Treaty on July 27 ! 2012 BREAKING PROPHETIC NEWS UN ARMS TREATY ! - YouTube

Dbltapglock
07-08-2012, 14:42
deleted

RedsoxFan4Lyfe
07-08-2012, 19:32
How a "treaty" supersede the Constitution of the United States is beyond me. This shouldn't even be a subject for consideration.

seethelight
07-08-2012, 22:07
So if they pass this thing and they could,what would you do if they said you could not own a gun anymore? This has been on my mind a long time!

NMPOPS
07-09-2012, 01:01
"From my cold dead hands"

IllinoisGun
07-11-2012, 10:01
The Senate will reject this stinker.
The Senate is liberal but not that far Left. It will not pass.

TexasFats
07-11-2012, 11:20
A treaty needs 67 votes to pass the Senate. That's at least 16 Republicans as I think it just about an even split at his point. So I don't think any treaty relating to gun control will pass.

Don't count on all Republicans to vote against it. Of the R's in the Senate, how many are RINO's who might vote in favor of ratification. I would bet that McCain, for one, would vote to ratify.

TexasFats
07-11-2012, 11:22
Also, don't depend on the Second Amendment trumping the treaty with Obama and Holder involved. We are dealing with some seriously evil scumbags here--people whose agenda requires that citizens be turned into unarmed, helpless, passive peasants.

Dbltapglock
07-11-2012, 11:30
deleted

Christopher67
07-11-2012, 12:06
Megyn Kelly - Could UN arms treaty infringe on US Constitution - YouTube

Christopher67
07-11-2012, 12:10
US Will Sign Gun Control Treaty on July 27!Â*Dick Morris TV: Lunch ALERT! - YouTube

Sign The Petition To Stop The US From Signing The Arms Trade Treaty!

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

Artacticool
07-11-2012, 12:11
So how do we ensure our opinion is heard? Who do we contact? Just like the SOPA (Stop online Privacy Act) the out poor of disagreement from the citizens was unprecedented. The calls made to the representatives of each state was mind blowing. Web sites shutdown on purpose to prove a point (Wikipedia, Mozilla Etc.) How do we express our disapproval?

I see nothing but bad if this passes, It will only be a matter of time when SHTF.

Read this on SOPA AND PIPA
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2012/01/25/who-really-stopped-sopa-and-why/

eracer
07-11-2012, 12:21
The Senate will reject this stinker.
The Senate is liberal but not that far Left. It will not pass.Make sure to let your senators know that you will not vote for them if they ratify this.

All you folks who are certain that this treaty will not be ratified need to be active on this one, and not just hopeful.

Keep in mind that this treaty is supposedly intended to limit large private arms dealers from supplying weapons to corrupt third-world dictators who massacre their own people. And who can argue with that?

Unfortunately, language in this bill leads directly down a path towards registration and confiscation of guns owned by private citizens in this country.

It is truly a conspiratorial nightmare.

John Rambo
07-11-2012, 12:31
http://disney-clipart.com/Chicken-Little/Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

Christopher67
07-11-2012, 12:42
Make sure to let your senators know that you will not vote for them if they ratify this.

All you folks who are certain that this treaty will not be ratified need to be active on this one, and not just hopeful.

Keep in mind that this treaty is supposedly intended to limit large private arms dealers from supplying weapons to corrupt third-world dictators who massacre their own people. And who can argue with that?

Unfortunately, language in this bill leads directly down a path towards registration and confiscation of guns owned by private citizens in this country.

It is truly a conspiratorial nightmare.

Very well said!

Artacticool
07-11-2012, 21:51
http://www.independentsentinel.com/2012/05/small-arms-treaty-of-2012-elimination-of-the-second-amendment/

Scary **** people watch the video on this site.

TexasFats
07-12-2012, 11:34
I wonder if all of the people who pooh-pooh the dangers of this treaty are merely sticking their heads in the sand, ostrich-like, or if some of them are moles of the Brady bunch and other leftist organizations. I think that we need to take the threat of this treaty seriously. The anti-gun crowd will never quit in their efforts to disarm us, and many fights have been lost because one side got and advantage and became careless.

DNS
07-14-2012, 05:39
I am amazed at people on other gun boards that think this is nothing to worry about. It's the first time the us has been on board to pass this.

MachineHead155
07-14-2012, 14:14
I am amazed at people on other gun boards that think this is nothing to worry about. It's the first time the us has been on board to pass this.

Because this isn't the first time. Bill Clinton signed a Small Arms Treaty back in 1997 and it was, and still is today, DOA in the Senate.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying not to be vigilant. We need to watch this thing like a hawk and I encourage all to contact your states senators. If you're currently not a member of the NRA or some other pro-gun organization, now is a good time to think about joining. This needs to go away.

CanMan
07-15-2012, 11:00
Maybe I'm just another disinfranchised American? Not just because of the ATT fiasco, but with the erosion and liberties taken with our constitutional rights in general. Doesn't make for a warm fuzzy feeling!:rant:

smokeross
07-15-2012, 11:31
People immigrated to this country in droves to escape over bearing governments. We got no where else to go folks. The PEOPLE need to draw a line in the sand.

tim12232
07-18-2012, 10:59
Why is everyone of the OP's posts deleted?

Jerry
07-18-2012, 12:14
Evidently "he" deleted them all.

Glockman454
07-18-2012, 15:56

Hopefully it won't pass the senate. But to help insure it does not, please consider signing a petition at www.dickmorris.com

Acujeff
07-19-2012, 17:21
There are only two ways to beat the Treaty and its threat of UN imposed gun control – take back the Senate or beat Obama.

The fact that the NRA has succeeded in getting fifty-eight Senators to sign on opposing the Treaty is irrelevant. If Harry Reid won’t bring it up on the floor, it won’t get a vote. And, in the absence of Senate disapproval or a renunciation by the president, the United States is bound by the Treaty under the provisions of the Vienna Convention which we have both signed and ratified.

Nor will the Second Amendment offer us any protection. The Supremacy Clause in our own Constitution provides that treaties are the “law of the land” akin to a constitutional provision.

The answer is to beat Obama and give the Republicans a majority in the Senate. Either will suffice to kill the Treaty. A Republican majority leader would certainly bring the Treaty up for a vote and it would certainly be defeated, ending its power over the U.S. and a President Romney will doubtless renounce the Treaty on taking office.

Voting for anti-gun control Democratic candidates for Senate won’t work. Their leader would refuse to bring the Treaty up for a vote, regardless of how his members felt.

Christopher67
07-19-2012, 19:31
There are only two ways to beat the Treaty and its threat of UN imposed gun control – take back the Senate or beat Obama.

The fact that the NRA has succeeded in getting fifty-eight Senators to sign on opposing the Treaty is irrelevant. If Harry Reid won’t bring it up on the floor, it won’t get a vote. And, in the absence of Senate disapproval or a renunciation by the president, the United States is bound by the Treaty under the provisions of the Vienna Convention which we have both signed and ratified.

Nor will the Second Amendment offer us any protection. The Supremacy Clause in our own Constitution provides that treaties are the “law of the land” akin to a constitutional provision.

The answer is to beat Obama and give the Republicans a majority in the Senate. Either will suffice to kill the Treaty. A Republican majority leader would certainly bring the Treaty up for a vote and it would certainly be defeated, ending its power over the U.S. and a President Romney will doubtless renounce the Treaty on taking office.

Voting for anti-gun control Democratic candidates for Senate won’t work. Their leader would refuse to bring the Treaty up for a vote, regardless of how his members felt.

Bingo! Great Post!

tim12232
07-19-2012, 21:42
Why is everyone of the OP's posts deleted?

Evidently "he" deleted them all.

Well gosh golly jee whiz that makes it hard for his thread to be read by others?! :shocked::dunno:

some people....

Jerry
07-20-2012, 11:15
Well gosh golly jee whiz that makes it hard for his thread to be read by others?! :shocked::dunno:

some people....

People post "crap" then have to take it back. I know because my brother's girlfriend's brother's friend's cousin's friend's Mercenary uncle told him so. :whistling:

1911austin
07-20-2012, 16:47
I wonder if all of the people who pooh-pooh the dangers of this treaty are merely sticking their heads in the sand, ostrich-like, or if some of them are moles of the Brady bunch and other leftist organizations.

I'm sure a little of both.