Is my brother right? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is my brother right?

okie
06-15-2012, 18:03
My phone is a Motorola Tundra, and is the best phone I ever had, turn up AT&T dropped that phone. I found a place where I could score a new one, so I did. My brother asked if I was sure I wanted to do that, because one day he said I will have to get a smart phone, because all banking and such will be done on a smart phone. Truth be known I would rather eat a huge plate of hot steaming cow crap with dog crap sprinkled on top than own a smart phone. Is my brother right? I mean I really don't want to eat a plate of cow crap but I sure don't want a smart phone neither:alex::faint:

tous
06-15-2012, 19:24
Mark, the various consumer services will offer old folk like me the old-fashioned way of doing business for the foreseeable future.

Don't spend money to be trendy.

okie
06-15-2012, 19:51
Mark, the various consumer services will offer old folk like me the old-fashioned way of doing business for the foreseeable future.

I'm trying to keep from it, Doug:supergrin::wavey:

ChuteTheMall
06-15-2012, 19:54
:headscratch:
I'd get me a smartphone if I was smart enough to use it.

okie
06-15-2012, 20:03

I wouldn't want one even if I was smart enough to use it:rofl::rofl:

tous
06-15-2012, 20:54

Hus! :thumbsup:

Blast
06-15-2012, 22:46
:perfect10:

Bullman
06-15-2012, 23:09
I dont' think Smart phones are as smart as all that.

ArtCrafter
06-16-2012, 04:55
<--- ♪ 'I shot my iPhone.' ♪ :steamed:

(And I paid a hefty penalty!)

♪ 'But I swear it was in self-defense.' ♪ :whistling:

El_Ron1
06-16-2012, 09:30

Smart phones ain't, an' they suck as phones.

ChuteTheMall
06-16-2012, 09:48

That's not what your Smartphone says.

okie
06-16-2012, 09:52

That's what I hear tell:rofl::rofl:

tous
06-16-2012, 09:53

You sayin' they double as vacuum cleaners?

(You said that they suck as phones and if that's true, and since vacuuum cleaners suck ... :whistling: )

Bullman
06-16-2012, 12:02

That's not what your Smartphone says.

But I don't have a smart phone. I did buy one of those sliders though to text with and it has a touch screen, so it is about as bad. If I hold it right up to my ear it has a tendency to change things while I am on the phone, especially when I am trying to pull up my voice mail. plus, my fingers are too big to text easy on the smallish keyboard, I need to let my fingernails grow a bit.

tous
06-16-2012, 19:15
... plus, my fingers are too big to text easy on the smallish keyboard, I need to let my fingernails grow a bit.

You need to be a fourteen-year-old girl to operate the device properly.

jph02
06-16-2012, 19:44
My smartphone is smarter than me but it doesn't talk back to me. I can make calls, text, go online (painfully slowly), and about the only app I use is the one to find cheap gas prices, which doesn't work as well as I'd like. Sadly, it has not been able to set the gas price to what I want.

Bullman
06-17-2012, 07:19
I trained a guy with a smart phone here a while back. He had a machine gun noise app, and an app to change your voice, and one that we could make our own rap songs with. It was a wonder we got any work done. It was fun to watch the sergeant jump when we played machine gun sounds over the PA in the car. :supergrin:

dango
06-19-2012, 03:32
A smart phone is only as smart as the person using it , do they make stupid phones ?

Bullman
06-19-2012, 03:38
A rotary dial phone perhaps? I have seen a few kids try to use one and be totally lost.

tango44
06-19-2012, 20:30
I would love to throw down the drain my phone!
Would love to live without one!

JuneyBooney
06-20-2012, 07:02

I agree. I don't use a smart phone and I use a cell phone for talking. I don't see people ever really needing a smart phone at all. Get the Tundra if you want it.

Brian Lee
06-20-2012, 12:17
I don't like the idea of online banking (on either PC's or phones) and refuse to do it because I don't trust the banks to maintain tight enough security.

But I like smart phones and find them useful for almost everything else except online banking.

Batesmotel
06-20-2012, 13:28
No need for one unless you "need" it. The normal phones are fine if all you want to do is make a phone call. I only got a smart phone because I need it for work. Some of the apps are part of my job.

ted1
06-20-2012, 13:38
I am 43 and I love my smart phone there is a lot of things I can do on my smart phone from making calls that are absolutely clear. To watching movies from Netflix to saving my own collection on flixter. I can shop eBay or amazon or a dozen other online stores including gun and ammo. Get a smart phone come on out of the stone age lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

DepChief
06-21-2012, 20:48
I agree that smart phones are dreadful as phones. I can tell in the first 2 seconds of a phone call if someone is talking on a smart phone or not. I am perfectly happy with my old fashioned flip phone.

edcrosbys
06-22-2012, 06:28
I expect standard cell phones will be around for quite some time!

However, my father in law (who didn't start using a computer until about 7 years ago) always cussed smartphones. After about 3 years of see my wife and I with them, he decided to get one. His only complaints:
1. He has to charge it nightly
2. He can text faster on a flip phone (the man could win contests texting without looking at a flipphone though!)

Bullman
06-22-2012, 11:45
Ed that is amazing, that is one reason I got rid of my flip phone because it was so much of a pain to text, I got a slider.

countrygun
06-22-2012, 12:35
I am so old that I remember when people used phones to make phone calls.

For me "voice message" is as high tech as it gets.

ArtCrafter
06-22-2012, 15:37
<--- Has no cell phone (anymore (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19095468&postcount=9)...lol)
<--- Doesn't want one
<--- Wishes people wouldn't drive while using them

http://akpedbikealliance.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/1250009993-hangupanddrive.jpg

tous
06-23-2012, 18:22
<--- has never created or sent a text message from one phone to another
<--- figgers to never have reason to