Pentagon plans to hold Gay Pride month event [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon plans to hold Gay Pride month event

DOC44
06-15-2012, 21:27
Pentagon plans to hold Gay Pride month event
:faint:

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/policy-and-strategy/232859-pentagon-plans-to-hold-gay-pride-month-event

Doc44

LASTRESORT20
06-15-2012, 21:47
Nuts!

G-19
06-15-2012, 21:52
What a shame.

JBnTX
06-15-2012, 21:59
I'll bet our enemies are just shaking in their boots.

I wonder what the Russian Spetsnaz think about this?

10-32
06-15-2012, 22:03
That's great!

Now we just need to get rid of the unconstitutional garbage that is DOMA

steve1988
06-15-2012, 22:09
I wonder when the Straight Pride event will be?

10-32
06-15-2012, 22:12

Right after they're denied the right to serve openly, get married, etc. and have to fight through incredible hate to prove their worthiness as equal human beings.

Pride events, as I see them, aren't so much about being proud to be gay, as they are about being proud of the accomplishments they have made in their struggle for equal treatment under the law ... you know, kinda like the constitution says

JBnTX
06-15-2012, 22:19
Maybe the Pentagon can hold one of those contests where men dress as women and the audience tries to tell which are men and which are real women.

Or they can march through the halls of the pentagon in those black leather pants with the seat missing.

They can have BJ contests.
Award medals to all the winners.

There's lots of things they can do to celebrate gay pride.

10-32
06-15-2012, 22:36
Maybe the Pentagon can hold one of those contests where men dress as women and the audience tries to tell which are men and which are real women.

Or they can march through the halls of the pentagon in those black leather pants with the seat missing.

They can have BJ contests.
Award medals to all the winners.

There's lots of things they can do to celebrate gay pride.

Ignorant nonsense like that is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for proving my point

DOC44
06-15-2012, 22:55
Ignorant nonsense like that is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for proving my point

You have already proven you point.:pjmn:

Doc44

10-32
06-15-2012, 23:07
You have already proven you point.:pjmn:

Doc44

Yes, I am a gay man. I'm also a disabled Vet, but I guess that doesn't count because of the simple fact that I'm gay, right? My service to this country "didn't count"?
In your eyes, I shouldn't have had the opportunity to serve my country in the first place, much less be treated like a human being afterward. Is that right?

orion814me
06-15-2012, 23:10
10-32, thank you for your service.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

LawScholar
06-15-2012, 23:14
Yes, I am a gay man. I'm also a disabled Vet, but I guess that doesn't count because of the simple fact that I'm gay, right? My service to this country "didn't count"?
In your eyes, I shouldn't have had the opportunity to serve my country in the first place, much less be treated like a human being afterward. Is that right?

It counts for the great majority of us, sir. Those not so blinded by hate as to forget what being American is. Thank you for your service.

I'm 23, and in year 6 of 7 of college in a very conservative state. I can tell you, even here, the virulent anti-gay group is getting massively smaller the younger you examine demographics. In my social circles, hating gay people and denying their rights is the disgusting and un-American behavior, not being LGBT. A great shooting buddy of mine is a gay man who has doubtlessly donated far more to Second Amendment causes than "pro-freedom" folks on this board who would happily strip his rights away just like black folks were second class in the 1950s and pretend not to see the similarities.

It gets better. My generation will do better. And the one after mine better still. Past generations worked harder and fought more valiantly, yours included, but mine wins clear as a bell one regard. We're really bad at saying we're patriotic Americans, then turning our backs on blatantly unconstitutional inequality. We're bad at intolerance.

*salute*

10-32
06-15-2012, 23:15
10-32, thank you for your service.

Thank you, it was truly an honor to serve with the outstanding Americans I served with.

First Team!

10-32
06-15-2012, 23:19
It counts for the great majority of us, sir. Those not so blinded by hate as to forget what being American is. Thank you for your service.

I'm 23, and in year 6 of 7 of college in a very conservative state. I can tell you, even here, the virulent anti-gay group is getting massively smaller the younger you examine demographics. In my social circles, hating gay people and denying their rights is the disgusting and un-American behavior, not being LGBT. A great shooting buddy of mine is a gay man who has doubtlessly donated far more to Second Amendment causes than "pro-freedom" folks on this board who would happily strip his rights away just like black folks were second class in the 1950s and pretend not to see the similarities.

It gets better. My generation will do better. And the one after mine better still. Past generations worked harder and fought more valiantly, yours included, but mine wins clear as a bell one regard. We're really bad at saying we're patriotic Americans, then turning our backs on blatantly unconstitutional inequality. We're bad at intolerance.

*salute*

It indeed does get better, and it is. Thank you

Ford302Glock21
06-15-2012, 23:21

This is pretty much my arguement for any of the various minority type things always being thrown in our faces.

Now regardless of my opinions on the topic, nobody needs to be disrespected here. Id appreciate it if people would stop being so rude to each other on this forum. I don't think anyone comes here because they want people to make them feel bad about themselves. I don't want to feel bad, so I try not to make mean comments about other people if I can avoid it.

10-32
06-15-2012, 23:25
This is pretty much my arguement for any of the various minority type things always being thrown in our faces.

Now regardless of my opinions on the topic, nobody needs to be disrespected here. Id appreciate it if people would stop being so rude to each other on this forum. I don't think anyone comes here because they want people to make them feel bad about themselves. I don't want to feel bad, so I try not to make mean comments about other people if I can avoid it.

I agree with you, all of these (seemingly constant) minority celebrations do get a little tiring sometimes.

It'd be nice if we were a more cohesive society, instead of constantly breaking people up into groups.

...Except for Chevy lovers and their sympathizers, screw them

Nemesis.
06-16-2012, 00:02

Attention whore much?

Loser.

:rofl:

10-32
06-16-2012, 00:08
Attention whore much?

Loser.

Yeah you really showed me. :upeyes:

marchboom
06-16-2012, 01:19
Right after they're denied the right to serve openly, get married, etc. and have to fight through incredible hate to prove their worthiness as equal human beings.

Pride events, as I see them, aren't so much about being proud to be gay, as they are about being proud of the accomplishments they have made in their struggle for equal treatment under the law ... you know, kinda like the constitution says

These "pride" events are put on to do one thing. To throw the repugnant homosexual lifestyle in the face of straight people and they DEMAND that we accept it.

The more they do this the more straight people resent them, IMO. Homosexuals say they are just like straight people but you wouldn't know it by the way they dress and act when participating in their parades.

10-32
06-16-2012, 01:27
These "pride" events are put on to do one thing. To throw the repugnant homosexual lifestyle in the face of straight people and they DEMAND that we accept it.

The more they do this the more straight people resent them, IMO. Homosexuals say they are just like straight people but you wouldn't know it by the way they dress and act when participating in their parades.

How exactly is my lifestyle repugnant to you?

cysoto
06-16-2012, 01:43
Well said!
:perfect10:

Bravo 1
06-16-2012, 02:38

Because,,,:aodnsb:

that **** is gay

10-32
06-16-2012, 02:45
Because,,,:aodnsb:

that **** is gay

I don't remember a whole lot of :aodnsb: going on when I was in the 1st Cav. Maybe your military experience was different?

NDCent
06-16-2012, 04:55

Thanks for your service.

I know this is a thread about the Pentagon, but not sure why you felt the need to play the Vet card. :dunno:

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 07:21
These "pride" events are put on to do one thing. To throw the repugnant homosexual lifestyle in the face of straight people and they DEMAND that we accept it...

Their "demand" that I discard my own religious and personal belief system and accept the homosexuals as just another lifestyle choice is what offends me the most about them.

They state that just because I don't approve of them, that I'm the one with the problem.

What gives them the right to demand that I change to suit their standards?

I have religion and 10,000 years of recorded civilized society on my side.
What do they have?

LawScholar
06-16-2012, 08:20
Their "demand" that I discard my own religious and personal belief system and accept the homosexuals as just another lifestyle choice is what offends me the most about them.

They state that just because I don't approve of them, that I'm the one with the problem.

What do they have?

That's religion that crushed people under stones and burned them for being "witches", right?

They have the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees equal treatment under the law.

No one gives two craps if you hate gay people. The demand is that even with the hate, you accord them equal rights. That's the singular demand. Equal rights. If people had been treated the same from the start, minority events wouldn't exist.

MadMonkey
06-16-2012, 08:35
Disgusting that everything needs to be politicized.

engineer151515
06-16-2012, 08:53
Right after they're denied the right to serve openly, get married, etc. and have to fight through incredible hate to prove their worthiness as equal human beings.........

Although I acknowledge the struggles of the gay community to life without external prejudice, there is no Constitutional "right" to serve in the military nor is there a "right" to marriage.

Equal treatment is equal treatment. The concept of the equality you seek is actually in opposition to demanding special celebrations just because one is homosexual.

You should literally be treated like anybody else and I haven't had any special parades for just being a heterosexual, hard working, law abiding white boy.

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 09:01
The more I think about this issue, and the more I talk to friends still on active duty, and how little impact the change in policy has had, the less I care about this.

But I'm not for forcing the military into political correctness. As long as gays can kill people and break things on order, and they protect people's modesty (changing living and shower arrangements, or maybe letting the straight guys shower with the gals) then meh?

DOC44
06-16-2012, 09:10
I have wondered what the real driving reason gay "guys", qu**rs, wanted to join the military... battlefield action or shower action.

Doc44

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 09:15
I have wondered what the real driving reason gay "guys", qu**rs, wanted to join the military... battlefield action or shower action.

Doc44

Probably at least a little of both.

marchboom
06-16-2012, 09:26

Decency and decorum prevents me from describing such activity on this forum...or anyplace where there are standards for proper conduct relative to the laws of nature.

There's a reason nature only allows a man and a woman to procreate.

The vast majority of the people in this country object to YOUR lifestyle. Don't demand an entire month devoted to this lifestyle and then brand normal people as homophobes when they object to it.

Don H
06-16-2012, 09:34

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/policy-and-strategy/232859-pentagon-plans-to-hold-gay-pride-month-event

Doc44

:shakehead:

Rabbit994
06-16-2012, 10:56
Decency and decorum prevents me from describing such activity on this forum...or anyplace where there are standards for proper conduct relative to the laws of nature.

The vast majority of the people in this country object to YOUR lifestyle. Don't demand an entire month devoted to this lifestyle and then brand normal people as homophobes when they object to it.

So if married straight couple does things that don't involve putting things where "they should go", does that mean they are violating the laws of nature and should be punished by the state?

Actually, half of Americans now support Gay Marriage so finally, it's no longer vast majority, it's majority or large minority.

Also, gays join military for same reason straight people do, money for college, job skills, see the world and defend the nation. Since repeal of DADT has shown that it's total non issue, I'd say it's been great success.

10-32
06-16-2012, 11:04
Thanks for your service.

I know this is a thread about the Pentagon, but not sure why you felt the need to play the Vet card. :dunno:

Thank you. I "played the Vet card" because this is about the pentagon and, as I see it, correlates with the repeal of DADT.
Gay people have been serving this country since the beginning, only in silence with fear that being "found out" would cost them their career, or worse. It's about time every service member has the opportunity to serve with integrity.

What do they have?

Homosexuality is NOT a "lifestyle" choice, and nobody is asking you to change anything. Gay people have been around for as long as people have.

Although I acknowledge the struggles of the gay community to life without external prejudice, there is no Constitutional "right" to serve in the military nor is there a "right" to marriage.

Equal treatment is equal treatment. The concept of the equality you seek is actually in opposition to demanding special celebrations just because one is homosexual.

You should literally be treated like anybody else and I haven't had any special parades for just being a heterosexual, hard working, law abiding white boy.

I thought about that after I posted, that "right" probably wasn't the correct word. The 14th says "privileges" so maybe that would have been a better word.
By the way, I never asked anyone for a parade. I'm personally not a huge fan of pride parades and I've never actually been to one. I couldn't care less about a parade or a gay pride month, I just want the same rights, privileges, and responsibilities as any other law abiding American citizen.

Oh I see. Well let me throw out some things and see if I can get it:
Is it how my fiance and I pay taxes and maintain our home and property?
Is it our perfectly clean criminal records?
Is it the pesky way we volunteer in our community?
Maybe it's the much hated fact that I'm friendly with my neighbors?
Is it because I'm a college student, or that he has a bachelors degree and a stable career?
Is it the fact that we don't drink or do drugs?

Maybe I'm just not getting what part of my lifestyle is such a threat you and civilized society as we know it. Help me out here

jakebrake
06-16-2012, 11:08
[QUOTE=10-32;19095200
...Except for Chevy lovers and their sympathizers, screw them[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^:rofl:

steveksux
06-16-2012, 11:38
In your eyes, I shouldn't have had the opportunity to serve my country in the first place, much less be treated like a human being afterward. Is that right?Thanks for your service.

I'm in a mixed race marriage. As you may know, a few decades ago, that was also an abomination. Going on 13 years of happily married abomination this Sept. Hope you are as fortunate with your abomination when you are finally able to legalize your abomination... :tongueout::supergrin:

Randy

10-32
06-16-2012, 11:43
Thanks for your service.

I'm in a mixed race marriage. As you may know, a few decades ago, that was also an abomination. Going on 13 years of happily married abomination this Sept. Hope you are as fortunate with your abomination when you are finally able to legalize your abomination... :tongueout::supergrin:

Randy

Thank you. I wish you much success and happiness while your family somehow destroys the fabric of our society :supergrin:

steveksux
06-16-2012, 11:46

Thank you. I wish you much success and happiness while your family somehow destroys the fabric of our society :supergrin:We do try, but there's only so much one couple can do... :dunno:

Still, it would have been nice if the families who's lives have been ruined would at least send us a post card so we'd know...

Randy

steveksux
06-16-2012, 11:53
I do have some sympathy for those claiming gay marriage would affect them. Now that gay marriage is illegal, and they're married to a woman that looks like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aWtwvd9dU9k/Rp7PCv1_bNI/AAAAAAAAACE/vAhCDR1MTZ8/s320/JuSw-Pat.jpg nobody would think they're gay.

But once gay marriage is legal...

http://www.jillstanek.com/pat%20snl.jpg

Who knows. Maybe yes. Maybe no.

Randy

10-32
06-16-2012, 12:03
We do try, but there's only so much one couple can do... :dunno:

Still, it would have been nice if the families who's lives have been ruined would at least send us a post card so we'd know...

Randy

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 12:07
They have the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees equal treatment under the law.

If the constitution guarantees equal treatment under the law, then how is a gay pride month that's only for a select few service members, considered equal treatment?

In my world it's special treatment. Plain and simple.

If the only thing that distinguishes gays from straights is their sexual behavior, isn't a gay pride month celebrating that sexual behavior.

When did the military start honoring and celebrating a person's sexual behavior?

Gays have served honorably right along with straight people, they've done no better and no worse.

Their achievements stand proud right along side the achievements of straight people, there's no difference.

So, why are they considered so special that they get a month named after them?

To declare a gay pride month that separates them from straight people should be considered by gays to be an insult.

If what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom is their own business, then why have a gay pride month and advertise it to the entire world?

If I was gay, I'd be very insulted by a gay pride month.

SCPO
06-16-2012, 12:13
That's reason i got out. First they said you couldn't be gay. Next they said you could be gay but don't tell. Then they said you could tell you were gay. Next they will require you to be gay.

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 12:15
Homosexuality is NOT a "lifestyle" choice...

Are you saying gays are born that way and have no "choice" in the matter?

The militant homosexual movement just might differ with you.

They are trying desperately to convince us straight people that homosexuality IS a voluntary choice, and is just another lifestyle that's equal to heterosexuality.

Which is it?

JFrame
06-16-2012, 12:22
Gay Pride...Black Pride...Hispanic Pride...Asian Pride...I think these are all politically correct manifestations of a progressive agenda to Balkanize the United States along every identifiable faction and interest group possible, except the one that really matters -- simply being an American.

countrygun
06-16-2012, 12:22
Having an immediate family member who is gay I guess I have a dog in the fight. But I don't get something, and neither does the family member I mentioned.

I wouldn't argue at all that gays aren't like "everybody else" except in their sexual orientation. That being the case then a "Gay Pride" day is celebrating that one difference, it is therefore a celebration that only exists because of one detail, sexual orientation, that gays claim should be irrelevent.

There is just a point of fairness in therefore having a "straight pride day" as well, otherwise a minority is oppressing a majority with the club of "Political Correctness".

Why in the heck don't we just drop the whole "this and that pride" concept, celebrate, Veterans day, Memorial day, the fourth of July, as Americans and call it good?

JFrame
06-16-2012, 12:23
Having an immediate family member who is gay I guess I have a dog in the fight. But I don't get something, and neither does the family member I mentioned.

I wouldn't argue at all that gays aren't like "everybody else" except in their sexual orientation. That being the case then a "Gay Pride" day is celebrating that one difference, it is therefore a celebration that only exists because of one detail, sexual orientation, that gays claim should be irrelevent.

There is just a point of fairness in therefore having a "straight pride day" as well, otherwise a minority is oppressing a majority with the club of "Political Correctness".

Why in the heck don't we just drop the whole "this and that pride" concept, celebrate, Veterans day, Memorial day, the fourth of July, as Americans and call it good?

Read the post before yours, countrygun.

I think we're on the same wavelength... :patriot:

Brucev
06-16-2012, 12:29

Doc44

No use for them. No use at all. Doesn't matter what they've done or how they've "served." Trash just like the squatter.

G-19
06-16-2012, 12:34

They are trying desperately to convince us straight people that homosexuality IS a voluntary choice, and is just another lifestyle that's equal to heterosexuality.

Which is it?

It is a perversion.

10-32
06-16-2012, 12:36
JBnTX, Gay pride month has nothing to do with sexual behavior.

It has to do with the fact that gay service members have not only had to endure the hardships of war and military service right along side their straight brothers and sisters in arms, but they have had to endure those hardships while hiding who they are, hiding their loved ones, their families and a part of their identities, for fear they might lose their careers.

They served their country with honor, only to be disgraced and often dishonorably discharged, simply because they had a loving, committed relationship with someone who happened to be of the same gender.

Try going through just about any part of your life without in any way revealing or even insinuating that you are a heterosexual. It won't be easy. Now do that every day, 24/7, for an entire military career. Remember, if you slip even once, you lose your job and earn yourself a dishonorable discharge. It's a difficult, and often very isolating and lonely existence.

When I dropped my ex off for his deployment to Iraq, I had to pretend we were just buddies and was asked to leave, because only family (boyfriends/girlfriends included) were allowed to stay until they got on the bus. That's a man I loved, and I couldn't even give him a hug as he left for his 3rd deployment, without potentially ruining both of our military careers.

June is already "pride month". The pentagon didn't make it up, it has just been decided that they will recognize it.
To my knowledge, no "gay card" is required for admittance, nor is participation mandatory.

countrygun
06-16-2012, 12:38
Read the post before yours, countrygun.

I think we're on the same wavelength... :patriot:

Great minds not only think alike, but at the same time.:wavey:

10-32
06-16-2012, 12:43

Which is it?

I'm saying I made no choice. If I could choose to be gay, then so could you. I don't think you being heterosexual was a choice, and I know that me being gay wasn't a choice either.

Also, I'm not familiar with the "militant homosexual movement" you speak of. Could you provide a link or something so I can check that out?

That would be great! If ALL Americans could just be treated equally under the law, we could put our past differences (like segregation, hate crimes, workplace discrimination, etc) behind us, and move forward as a unified nation. That would be ideal

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 12:48
JBnTX, Gay pride month has nothing to do with sexual behavior.

It has to do with the fact that gay service members have not only had to endure the hardships of war and military service right along side their straight brothers and sisters in arms, but they have had to endure those hardships while hiding who they are, hiding their loved ones, their families and a part of their identities, for fear that they might lose their careers.

They served their country with honor, only to be disgraced and often dishonorably discharged, simply because they had a loving, committed relationship with someone who happened to be of the same gender.

Try going through just about any part of your life without in any way revealing or even insinuating that you are a heterosexual. It won't be easy. Now do that every day, 24/7, for an entire military career. Remember, if you slip even once, you lose your job and earn yourself a dishonorable discharge. It's a difficult, and often very isolating and lonely existence.

When I dropped my ex off for his deployment to Iraq, I had to pretend like we were just buddies and was asked to leave, because only family (boyfriends/girlfriends included) were allowed to stay until they got on the bus. That's a man I loved, and I couldn't even give him a hug as he left for his 3rd deployment, without potentially ruining both of our military careers.

June is already "pride month". The pentagon didn't make it up, it has just been decided that they will recognize it.
To my knowledge, no "gay card" is required for admittance, nor is participation mandatory.

ANYBODY that lied on their enlistment application, or was hiding a medical problem, a law violation, a drug habit or any number of disqualifying factors suffered the same as homosexuals.

That application did ask if you were homosexual, didn't it.
You should have known what you were getting into.

You're no different than other people and if you want to be accepted, then quit whining and quit drawing attention to yourself.

You should be offended by a Gay Pride month.
I know I would be.

countrygun
06-16-2012, 12:54
That would be great! If ALL Americans could just be treated equally under the law, we could put our past differences (like segregation, hate crimes, workplace discrimination, etc) behind us, and move forward as a unified nation. That would be ideal

We can't put differences behind us until people get tired of celebrating them.

10-32
06-16-2012, 12:54
ANYBODY that lied on their enlistment application, or was hiding a medical problem, a law violation, a drug habit or any number of disqualifying factors suffered the same as homosexuals.

That application did ask if you were homosexual, didn't it.
You should have known what you were getting into.

You're no different than other people and if you want to be accepted, then quit whining and quit drawing attention to yourself.

You should be offended by a Gay Pride month.
I know I would be.

I did NOT lie on my enlistment contract, and I'll quit "whining" when I'm treated the same as you under the law. I don't see any federal legislation barring you from getting married. But I suppose if there was, you'd be okay with that and just keep your mouth shut?
You already have every right and privilege we are struggling for, and you still can't keep from whining

10-32
06-16-2012, 12:59
We can't put differences behind us until people get tired of celebrating them.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of all that stuff. I'm not into parades, I don't need a special day or month, and I don't expect any special treatment. I don't see myself as being different from anyone else. I'd just like to get married and live the remainder my life in peace. Unfortunately, some people think that would somehow ruin their lives, so it's not possible right now.

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 13:02
I did NOT lie on my enlistment contract, and I'll quit "whining" when I'm treated the same as you under the law. I don't see any federal legislation barring you from getting married. But I suppose if there was, you'd be okay with that and just keep your mouth shut?
You already have every right and privilege we are struggling for, and you still can't keep from whining

Nobody has a right to get married, serve in the military or be recognized for their behavior. Nobody.

Nobody is treated equally under the law and that's a fact.
Just ask poor people and minorities.

What you want is admittance to a part of society that has shunned you for centuries.

I don't know the answers, but I do know that you're not going to gain that admittance by force and by making demands on that society.

10-32
06-16-2012, 13:06
What have I forced on you or demanded from you?

JFrame
06-16-2012, 13:07
Great minds not only think alike, but at the same time.:wavey:

...Indeed! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 13:47
Maybe SOME day, the idea of the melting pot will be popular again. Everyone is unique, just like everybody else.

GRIMLET
06-16-2012, 14:06
Where to start.......

10-32, thanks for doing your part as an American. I appreciate your service. Good luck in your relationship.
Same dna, same dna.

I am ashamed how GT members have treated a military veteran here.
Shame on you.

NOW....
I do NOT believe the Pentagon/ Government should be involved in ANY pride celebration other than being an American. No preferences, just take pride in being an American.

10-32
06-16-2012, 14:10
Where to start.......

10-32, thanks for doing your part as an American. I appreciate your service. Good luck in your relationship.
Same dna, same dna.

Shame on you.

NOW....
I do NOT believe the Pentagon/ Government should be involved in ANY pride celebration other than being an American. No preferences, just take pride in being an American.

Thank you, and I agree with you on all counts

NDCent
06-16-2012, 14:58
Shame on you.

Does being a veteran give people a pass on life in general?

Action bring reactions, many people in life will follow a road, or action, that may cause others to differ.

If I beat puppies to death with baby kittens, do I get a pass if I'm a veteran?

HexHead
06-16-2012, 14:59

Any guy that doesn't like ***** just ain't right. It's as simple as that.

As for our military, my respect for them is circling the bowl.

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 15:11
What have I forced on you or demanded from you?

Not you personally, but the gay community and liberal society itself is forcing me to accept a behavior that I believe is wrong.

Wrong morally, religiously and naturally.

They want me to accept that behavior as equal to or even superior to the normal heterosexual behavior I'm used to.

I must now change the definition of marriage. Marriage between a man and a woman is the foundation of civilized society. It leads to a family with kids, which carries on the society.

The very definition of civilized society has been changed.
Who knows what the long term effects will be.

Rabbit994
06-16-2012, 15:12

That's your complaint? He's taking himself off the market so there is more females for you and you're mad about it? First he serves in military and now he's taking dudes off market so there is more "*****" for you. You are one ungrateful son of a *****.

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 15:14

Dial that back a bit. This is not caused by the military, it is being forced onto the military by the civilian leadership.

Enhance your cause and effect detector chip.

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 15:17
Maybe SOME day, the idea of the melting pot will be popular again. Everyone is unique, just like everybody else.

Remember, in a melting pot the original, individual ingredients no longer exist as separate parts.

They become part of a bigger, better whole.

Hell will freeze over before that happens in America.

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 15:26
Guys, Most of the guys I am talking with still on active duty, really could care less about gays in the military as long as they act like professional soldiers, and kill people and break things on demand. I care less where they stick their pecker. Neither do most of the straight troops (as long as everyone is consenting).

I served with guys that I knew were gay as early as 1988. Once I became a PA, Don't ask Don't Tell was the rule, but I was allowed to ask. Sometimes, it is clinically pertinent. I was not allowed to tell commanders, and I didn't feel a strong need to. Just like other people that are keeping things on the down low, like pot smokers, they don't normally involve others in their behavior that are not so inclined. They aren't recruiting or converting.

What's done is done, change some of the showering and living arrangements, and call it a day. Decide whether they stay or go based on merit.

Now if I was still active duty, I would argue that I should be allowed to shower with the ladies. It's not fair that the gay guys get to look at eye candy while in the mens shower without at least letting the straight ladies look at me. Of course I am VERY taken, and monogamous, so it's look, don't touch and all of that. Ms. Cavalry Doc is better looking than me, and she shoots very well, a little low, but tight groups, if you know what I mean.

HexHead
06-16-2012, 15:26
Dial that back a bit. This is not caused by the military, it is being forced onto the military by the civilian leadership.

Enhance your cause and effect detector chip.

Admiral Mullen fully supported the end of DADT. The only top military leader that spoke out against it was the Commandant of the Marine Corps. The new Army Chairman of the Joint Chiefs supports all this crap. So don't tell me it's only the civilians.

10-32
06-16-2012, 15:29
Does being a veteran give people a pass on life in general?

Action bring reactions, many people in life will follow a road, or action, that may cause others to differ.

If I beat puppies to death with baby kittens, do I get a pass if I'm a veteran?

My dog is alive and well. He just got a bath actually. My cat is also doing well. I haven't hurt anybody, and I certainly haven't killed anybody.
I own my home, I pay my taxes, and I'm using my GI bill to get an education. I fail to see where I need a "pass" on anything.

Some guys don't like guns either. I don't understand it, but that's their deal. Unlike some of them, I'm not trying to TAKE anything from you.

Not you personally, but the gay community and liberal society itself is forcing me to accept a behavior that I believe is wrong.

Wrong morally, religiously and naturally.

They want me to accept that behavior as equal to or even superior to the normal heterosexual behavior I'm used to.

I must now change the definition of marriage. Marriage between a man and a woman is the foundation of civilized society. It leads to a family with kids, which carries on the society.

The very definition of civilized society has been changed.
Who knows what the long term effects will be.

Nobody is forcing you to accept or endorse anything. I don't require, nor am I seeking, your acceptance or approval. I am who I am, you are who you are. You want to marry a woman, and that's fine. It doesn't impact my life one bit. I want to marry a man, which doesn't change your life one bit, but you seem to think you have some right to oversight on it. You don't. I would never think that my family is better than yours. Can you say the same thing to me?

I also think that I continually contribute to our civilized society, refer to my previous post about my "lifestyle"

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 15:34
Admiral Mullen fully supported the end of DADT. The only top military leader that spoke out against it was the Commandant of the Marine Corps. The new Army Chairman of the Joint Chiefs supports all this crap. So don't tell me it's only the civilians.

Where did it start again? I'll wait while you google it.

Oh, and just a tip, anyone reaching the rank of General, is a politician. They are appointed by politicians, not rank and file soldiers.

Are you really going to disparage NCO's at or below E-8, and Officers at or below O-5 for all of this? Those are the majority, by large margins.

Either way, from what I am hearing, the impact is a mouse fart in a heavy wind so far.

10-32
06-16-2012, 15:36
Now if I was still active duty, I would argue that I should be allowed to shower with the ladies. It's not fair that the gay guys get to look at eye candy while in the mens shower without at least letting the straight ladies look at me. Of course I am VERY taken, and monogamous, so it's look, don't touch and all of that. Ms. Cavalry Doc is better looking than me, and she shoots very well, a little low, but tight groups, if you know what I mean.

I can't speak for every Soldier (gay or otherwise), but I know for me, the times I did have to shower in an open shower room were probably the most awkward, uncomfortable times for me in garrison. I HATED showering with other men, and I would have avoided it if I could. Trust me, I don't want to shower with you any more than you want to shower with me

NDCent
06-16-2012, 16:05
I fail to see where I need a "pass" on anything.

No, you need a "month", apparently a gay pride "day" wasn't enough.

Again, a few seem to think being a Vet (which I thank you for your service, again) entitles you to opine, in this thread, or wherever, without any repercussions. :dunno:

Glad to hear your pets are doing well, how's the gerbil? :supergrin:

GRIMLET
06-16-2012, 16:18
And fhis thread gets locked in 5-4-3-2-

10-32
06-16-2012, 16:19
No, you need a "month", apparently a gay pride "day" wasn't enough.

Again, a few seem to think being a Vet (which I thank you for your service, again) entitles you to opine, in this thread, or wherever, without any repercussions. :dunno:

Glad to hear your pets are doing well, how's the gerbil? :supergrin:

As I stated before, more than once, I don't need a day or a month, or a parade, or a cookie. I didn't ask for any of that, and I'd be just as content if they didn't exist...but I don't think they are inherently detrimental to a civilized society or troop morale.
I just want to be free to live my life the way I see fit, and if that means marrying another man, how does that hurt anyone else?

I didn't know I needed to be a Vet to post on this open forum, but I can produce a DD214 if that's the case. I also don't think I've been entitled to post here without "repercussions".
I would like to think I can come to an open forum such as GT and respectfully post my opinions without a slew of personal attacks and name calling by the very people claiming to uphold "morality" and a "civilized society", but apparently that's not the case.

I know you think the gerbil comment was cute, but I think it reflects much more on you than it does on me, so I'll leave that alone.

NDCent
06-16-2012, 16:29
You post on a thread about gay pride month and then get your panties in a wad when others opine differently? I didn't know I needed to be a Vet to post here, either?

Have a nice day, and my gerbil has had a fresh shave and toenail clipping.:wavey:

10-32
06-16-2012, 16:33
I bet it has

10-32
06-16-2012, 16:37
Hey, does anybody know a site where people post their opinions and then discuss their differences? Something like a forum maybe, where people could have civil discussions about the world around them?
I wonder where I'd find such a place ...

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 16:37
I can't speak for every Soldier (gay or otherwise), but I know for me, the times I did have to shower in an open shower room were probably the most awkward, uncomfortable times for me in garrison. I HATED showering with other men, and I would have avoided it if I could. Trust me, I don't want to shower with you any more than you want to shower with me

There are all types. Pardon me while I reminisce. Iraq, 1991, January, cold, mostly open 2x4 frame showers with tanks of unheated water above them. I was busy, but NEEDED to shower after dark. I can pretty much see in the dark, but it was particularly dark this night. Wind was about 20 mph steady, 30 with gusts, Temp was about 60 degrees Fahrenheit without the windchill, which was brutal. Covered my red light lens as much as I could with seeing the "M.A.L.E." written on the middle door. Got in, got wet, nuts crawled toward my heart in search of warmth, I was washing as quickly as I could to avoid hypothermia, just about that time someone got in the stall next to me, as I was quickly lathering up, I heard a female voice ask if I had any shampoo...... :shocked:

I explained that she was in the male showers, and that if she didn't turn on a light, neither would I, and we went our separate ways, of course after giving her some shampoo.

Awkward.

I get it. Still, if active duty, I would suggest that I shower with the women, to provide them, equally of course, the eye candy that the gay guys would have been getting if I had been in the Men's shower.

It's all in the pursuit of fairness.

countrygun
06-16-2012, 16:43
<Mulligan voice ON> "what's a matter with everyone, why can't we have a little understanding around here, huh? How are we gonna get anything done if we don't have a little understanding?"
<Mulligan voice OFF>

The people that don't "like/tolerate/respect (whatever)" homosexuals had better learn that they are not going to disappear.

The homosexuals had better learn that there are always going to be those who don't like them and you can't "pride day" that away.

There are more important things in this Country to worry about than either how somebody "does it" and/or forcing acceptance of it either.

I can't say for sure, but if I were under fire I don't think i would care if the guy next to me were gay or a bigot, as long as he was shooting at the enemy, and not me.

And that goes for the struggle to fix this Country. And before anyone says anything, the actual act of homosexuality didn't put this Country in a mess, nor did strip clubs and pole dancers. It took a few generations of idiots and idiocy crosses all barriers.

ICARRY2
06-16-2012, 16:45

What do they have?

I agree with jbntx.

I dont support gay marriage, but it wont affect me if gays are allowed to marry or serve openly in the military.

What I do object to is that I am called a bigot or a hater merely because I dont support and embrace something for whatever reason that is.

To call me homophobic, bigot, hater, etc., is merely an attempt to coerce me into conforming with someone elses beliefs. And I wont be coerced.

It seems nowdays if your beliefs are conservate, then there is something wrong with you and you are a bigot or just clueless.

If gays want to be treated the same as straights then why the need for the pentagon to make a statement like having a parade that doesnt have anything to do with military service. It is a political (correct) statement.

10-32
06-16-2012, 16:59
I don't think I've insulted anyone, called anyone names, or made any demands of anyone in this thread. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
I've put forth an honest effort to remain civil and respectful of others from the beginning. Again, if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 17:02
Guys, please look past the issue, and at the person. Seems like 10-32 did his duty, period. He finished, as did I long before this became an issue.

Not my fault, not His fault, if you want to blame anyone, blame Barry.

K?

GRIMLET
06-16-2012, 17:15
10-32, you will have those who insult here and those who troll. I have had a thread or two locked after defending my Libertarian beliefs. I even had to defend being a police officer from other cops when I wasn't what they deemed a cop should be. No worries.
Enjoy this place for what it is. Entertainment and education on Glock pistols.

LawScholar
06-16-2012, 17:32
The big disconnect here is that no one is demanding any of you LIKE gay people - nope, not even the pride rallies have that focus. Hate them all you want. I might think and say you're an ass for it, but that's my right. You might think and say I'm going to hell for being okay with gay people, and that's your right.

The problem is the many, many states where a gay person can't see his life partner of 40 years while he dies in the hospital, but the same family that spat on him and disowned him can. All because people like to selectively read Leviticus. If any of you have tattoos or are wearing a fiber blend in your shirt, the bible finds you just as repugnant.

Hate isn't the issue. Just like none of us really care if Schumer likes guns. The issue is when you use your fear and hatred to legislatively deny rights.

South Park nailed it when they talked tolerance in the Big Gay Al episode. Tolerance does not mean being okay with something. It means not forcing other people to think how you do.

Gay people should respect the right of people who hate gays to express it. I absolutely agree with that. But straight people should respect that a consensual private lifestyle that hurts nothing isn't theirs to ban, restrict, or deny rights to.

NMG26
06-16-2012, 17:46
Last year at the church I was attending, they announced that we were going to have a float in the pride parade. They were looking for help getting the float ready.

My first thought was, I'm not sure that the church should support such a thing.

Well, a very gay man took the pulpit, and explained that it was not about "gay pride". It is about "pride", whatever you are. I liked the way that he explained it and found it to be a better way of looking at it.

I did not help with the float, and did notice that whenever they talked about it, they were using the term "gay pride".

Be proud what ever you are, and allow others to be what they are, with the same pride you have for yourself.

GAFinch
06-16-2012, 19:31
The big disconnect here is that no one is demanding any of you LIKE gay people - nope, not even the pride rallies have that focus. Hate them all you want. I might think and say you're an ass for it, but that's my right. You might think and say I'm going to hell for being okay with gay people, and that's your right.

No, the message used to be that gays should be tolerated instead of harassed or beaten. Federal legislation was created to enforce this. Guess what? Mission accomplished. Did that satisfy gay activists? Nope, now if we don't support gay marriage we hate gay people. Disagreeing with a policy point does not equal hate. I don't support legalizing pot, but that doesn't mean I hate potheads. I just don't like what they do.

The problem is the many, many states where a gay person can't see his life partner of 40 years while he dies in the hospital, but the same family that spat on him and disowned him can.

That's the standard argument. Do gay activists push for basic legal rights for gay couples? Never. They demand more comprehensive civil unions and/or gay marriages. When they get civil unions, then they demand gay marriage...which is exactly what's going on in Britain right now. Activists say this isn't a religious issue but a legal one, but once they get legal rights then they start attacking Christian (Catholic) schools and churches for teaching a biblical view on marriage...which is exactly what's going on in Canada (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/301641/canadian-crackdown-michael-coren) and Britain (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9253114/Catholic-schools-could-be-breaking-law-over-gay-marriage-warns-minister.html) right now. Activists said that the repeal of DADT wouldn't lead to chaplains being forced to do gay marriage ceremonies, but that's looking like a lie (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/05/17/will-gay-marriage-oust-military-chaplains/).

While there are certainly gay people who are well intentioned, it's clear that the end game of the core gay activists is a left wing dismantling of religious institutions. The gig is up.

All because people like to selectively read Leviticus. If any of you have tattoos or are wearing a fiber blend in your shirt, the bible finds you just as repugnant.

If you don't understand how Christianity redefined Mosaic Law, then please don't try to use it to debunk our beliefs. It's insulting. Homosexuality was addressed in the New Testament as well.

Hate isn't the issue. Just like none of us really care if Schumer likes guns. The issue is when you use your fear and hatred to legislatively deny rights.

South Park nailed it when they talked tolerance in the Big Gay Al episode. Tolerance does not mean being okay with something. It means not forcing other people to think how you do.

You just contradicted yourself. You say hate isn't the issue, then in the next sentence you say that the issue is hate. There's been no secular, scientific proof that people are born gay, despite claims otherwise, so having a gay mindset isn't automatically a right just because activists say so. With no religious justification and no secular justification, societies have their own right to say that gay marriage isn't a right, just like they did with polygamous marriages. Tolerance of gays has certainly morphed into forcing people to think like you do that gay marriage is okay and a God-given right, as evidenced by your repeated use of hate and hatred.

Gay people should respect the right of people who hate gays to express it. I absolutely agree with that. But straight people should respect that a consensual private lifestyle that hurts nothing isn't theirs to ban, restrict, or deny rights to.

Studies on the effects of same sex parenting on kids in the past have been deeply flawed or fraudulent, such as comparing self-reporting, affluent lesbian couples to randomly selected straight couples, so you can't rightfully claim that a "private" lifestyle doesn't affect others. HIV, with a treatment cost of $15,000/year and AIDS, with a far more expensive treatment cost, certainly burden society with higher medical costs. Despite propaganda, HIV/AIDS is actually extremely rare among heterosexuals who don't use hard drugs, which are illegal.

chickenwing
06-16-2012, 20:07
People arguing over what other people do with their junk, funny. And each side trying to use the state to force their beliefs on others, that's sad.

Marriage should be handled by the government like any other contract, and if government is issuing licenses to get married, there should be no discrimination if its voluntary and the persons involved are able to consent, and off age to do so. I don't care if it is more then two people.

The ceremony can be separate, and if the government respected private property, churches could provide the ceremony to who ever they felt like and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

This is just one of the many tendrils of big-government that divide people that it has no business in other then the contract aspect of a marriage, and protecting a persons rights from any involuntary action. Not discriminating based on race or sex.

I don't understand peoples mindsets when it comes to this kind of intrusiveness in someone life.

As for the OP, I think it is silly. I understand the military celebrating Memorial day, 4th of July and such. Don't get why they would celebrate a pride month other then politics.

Boots45acp
06-16-2012, 22:53
Gay pride month?
Just don't understand the need for this.
But there is a lot going on these days that I don't understand.

I too am a vet - with multiple tours in Vietnam.
Got out before all this "Welcome Home" and "Thanks for your service" stuff was cool.
Can't say I felt welcomed home or appreciated for serving my country when I returned.
But I did not need anyone's acceptance - what mattered to me was what I thought about myself and what I did - not what someone else thought.
Like we used to say "FTW"
I feel no need to tell you what my sexual preference is and I sure as hell don't care if you like it or not and I really don't need you to tell me about yours.
Nor do I need a month of recognition of it whatever it is.

What matters most to me are the brothers I served with - ALL of them.
We will indeed be brothers forever.

Gunnut 45/454
06-17-2012, 00:17

10-32
If you have to ask! Then you will not accept the answer you seek!

And given the way other gay pride parades have been ?:rofl:

By the way thank you for your service! :patriot::usaf:

10-32
06-17-2012, 00:31
Gay pride month?

Got out before all this "Welcome Home" and "Thanks for your service" stuff was cool.
Can't say I felt welcomed home or appreciated for serving my country when I returned.
But I did not need anyone's acceptance - what mattered to me was what I thought about myself and what I did - not what someone else thought.
I feel no need to tell you what my sexual preference is and I sure as hell don't care if you like it or not and I really don't need you to tell me about yours.

I'm really sorry for the way you were treated when you came back home.
Thank you for your service.

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 06:24
Gay pride month?

The greatest failure in Vietnam didn't happen in Vietnam, or in Washington DC. It happened on the streets of America, perpetrated by the American people. The treatment of the Vietnam Veterans upon their return is a shameful chapter of American history.

HexHead
06-17-2012, 06:38
What I do object to is that I am called a bigot or a hater merely because I dont support and embrace something for whatever reason that is.

To call me homophobic, bigot, hater, etc., is merely an attempt to coerce me into conforming with someone elses beliefs. And I wont be coerced.

It seems nowdays if your beliefs are conservate, then there is something wrong with you and you are a bigot or just clueless.

This. If anything, that sort of crap just makes me dig in deeper and be even more steadfast in my disgust. I couldn't care less about what two guys do with their dicks. Just don't get all high and mighty with me and try to convince me you're the same as me, and that I should accept your lifestyle choice as either mainstream or normal. Because you're not.

HexHead
06-17-2012, 06:46
Guys, please look past the issue, and at the person. Seems like 10-32 did his duty, period. He finished, as did I long before this became an issue.

Not my fault, not His fault, if you want to blame anyone, blame Barry.

K?

I'll give you that maybe it's not your fault. But it is the fault of all the queers demanding to be accepted, and he's one of them. You saw his little sob story about not being able to embrace his lover when he was deployed.
It's the fault of the all the liberals that accept this nonsense. I blame the <E8s and <O5s you brought up earlier that said they didn't have a problem with it when the Pentagon did it's' "study" on the issue. I blame the media and Hollywood that has a queer character in just about every show on TV. All Barry did was pander for votes. He's actually the least of the problem.

HexHead
06-17-2012, 06:51
The problem is the many, many states where a gay person can't see his life partner of 40 years while he dies in the hospital, but the same family that spat on him and disowned him can.

Bull****. All they need is a Healthcare Power of Attorney. The great majority of the things that gays are whining about can easily be accomplished with a contract or other legal document.

And you call yourself LawScholar?

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 07:09
I'll give you that maybe it's not your fault. But it is the fault of all the queers demanding to be accepted, and he's one of them. You saw his little sob story about not being able to embrace his lover when he was deployed.
It's the fault of the all the liberals that accept this nonsense. I blame the <E8s and <O5s you brought up earlier that said they didn't have a problem with it when the Pentagon did it's' "study" on the issue. I blame the media and Hollywood that has a queer character in just about every show on TV. All Barry did was pander for votes. He's actually the least of the problem.

My thing is, I just don't really care much one way or the other. Yes, there will have to be some changes to living and shower arrangements. Most guys that happen to be gay are still keeping it on the "down low", a few of the ladies will mention girlfriends, but that's about it from the guys I'm talking with that are still on active duty. There was no seismic change in behavior with Barry's announcement.

My biggest thing is that they need to be able to kill people and break things on order, be good Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines, and do the job. Other than that, what they do on their off time really doesn't matter to me.

I think the biggest problem is that people think gay guys will hit on them. They don't, unless you give them A LOT of reason to believe you are also gay, and then only if you are attractive to them. I'm sure there is some sort of secret handshake or something to let them know, and you won't accidentally give the wrong signal.

Either way, Barry made his announcement, and not much has changed. It's largely business as usual from what I am hearing.

If anyone out there is active duty, please let us know what changes you have seen since DADT was rescinded.

JBnTX
06-17-2012, 07:55
Hey, does anybody know a site where people post their opinions and then discuss their differences? Something like a forum maybe, where people could have civil discussions about the world around them?

Sounds like you really want a forum where people agree with you? I doubt that forum exists.

But, if you want serious discussion and aren't afraid to hear opposing viewpoints then this forum is the place to be.

As to people being civil, the fact that this thread has lasted this long is proof that we ARE being civil.

The opposition to homosexuality has nothing to do with hate.
It's about standards of morality and decency.

For me, those standards are not going to change.

HexHead
06-17-2012, 08:31
Most guys that happen to be gay are still keeping it on the "down low", a few of the ladies will mention girlfriends, but that's about it from the guys I'm talking with that are still on active duty. There was no seismic change in behavior with Barry's announcement.

You mean other than the photo of the two lip locked lesbian sailors when one's ship came in? Or the two gay Maines kissing, one with his legs wrapped around the other's waist when he returned from deployment that was pictured everywhere?

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 08:45
You mean other than the photo of the two lip locked lesbian sailors when one's ship came in? Or the two gay Maines kissing, one with his legs wrapped around the other's waist when he returned from deployment that was pictured everywhere?

OK, that's two out of how many million?

Wake_jumper
06-17-2012, 09:03
I'm proud to be a White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant, Heterosexual, American. Where is my WASP Pride parade? Oh, that's right, a WASP Pride parade would be racist, sexist and homophobic.

No offense, 10-32, but I liked it a lot better when homosexuals where in the closet.

Wake_jumper
06-17-2012, 09:06
Gay Pride...Black Pride...Hispanic Pride...Asian Pride...I think these are all politically correct manifestations of a progressive agenda to Balkanize the United States along every identifiable faction and interest group possible, except the one that really matters -- simply being an American.

:goodpost:

marchboom
06-17-2012, 09:53
Actually, half of Americans now support Gay Marriage so finally, it's no longer vast majority, it's majority or large minority.

That's the crap the gay community wants everyone to believe and they are constantly stating this lie.

In fact, the vast majority of straight people strongly object to gay marriage.

10-32
06-17-2012, 09:58
My thing is, I just don't really care much one way or the other. Yes, there will have to be some changes to living and shower arrangements. Most guys that happen to be gay are still keeping it on the "down low", a few of the ladies will mention girlfriends, but that's about it from the guys I'm talking with that are still on active duty. There was no seismic change in behavior with Barry's announcement.

My biggest thing is that they need to be able to kill people and break things on order, be good Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines, and do the job. Other than that, what they do on their off time really doesn't matter to me.

I think the biggest problem is that people think gay guys will hit on them. They don't, unless you give them A LOT of reason to believe you are also gay, and then only if you are attractive to them. I'm sure there is some sort of secret handshake or something to let them know, and you won't accidentally give the wrong signal.

Either way, Barry made his announcement, and not much has changed. It's largely business as usual from what I am hearing.

That's pretty much it as far as the military is concerned. It's really not that big of a deal to "allow" people to just be who they are, as long as they DO THEIR JOB.

As for those of you who seem to think your standards for "morality" and whatever else need be imposed on me, what gives you the right to tell me what I can and cannot do within my own home? I'm not breaking any laws, I contribute to society, and I mind my business. But that's not good enough for you. You want to round us all up and have us "converted" or exterminated over something that has absolutely NO effect on your lives whatsoever. I think maybe some of YOU need to come out of the closet, maybe it'd be a little easier for you to be at peace with yourself.
Either way, your hang ups aren't my concern. I'm a free man

marchboom
06-17-2012, 10:14
Imagine the protests if there was white pride month? Or how about a straight pride parade?

Now who are the bigots? The aclu would be all over the place.

As long as we're at it, might as well have these "celebrations" using tax payer money.

Wonder how much tax payer money will be spent at the Pentagon for the gay pride ceremony?

10-32
06-17-2012, 10:26
...But it is the fault of all the queers demanding to be accepted, and he's one of them. You saw his little sob story about not being able to embrace his lover when he was deployed.

I know you're very concerned about my sex life, so let me share this with you: I was with that SSG for just over a year. In that time, we had sex a total of ZERO times. He was not my "lover", though I did love him and I still have love for him. We're not all sex crazed perverts, just like not all heterosexuals are sex crazed perverts. When I see a man and a woman hug, my mind doesn't automatically jump to what they might do in their bedroom. That's a pretty strange way to look at people in my opinion.
If two Soldiers hugging before one leaves for Iraq is your big concern, then I think your priorities might be a little off.

I'm proud to be a White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant, Heterosexual, American. Where is my WASP Pride parade? Oh, that's right, a WASP Pride parade would be racist, sexist and homophobic.

No offense, 10-32, but I liked it a lot better when homosexuals where in the closet.

I think you have every right to be proud of who you are, and if such a parade came to be, you wouldn't find me in protest. I probably just wouldn't attend the parade (much like I don't attend gay pride parades), and that would be that.

That's the major difference between me and some of the people posting here, I respect your freedom to be whoever you are. I don't care who you have sex with, what religion you subscribe to, or anything else. You be you, I'll be me.

DOC44
06-17-2012, 10:26
Gay Pride poster boy

http://media.salon.com/2011/11/sandusky-460x307.jpg

Queers sux

Doc44

10-32
06-17-2012, 10:31
Imagine the protests if there was white pride month? Or how about a straight pride parade?

Now who are the bigots? The aclu would be all over the place.

As long as we're at it, might as well have these "celebrations" using tax payer money.

Wonder how much tax payer money will be spent at the Pentagon for the gay pride ceremony?

Imagine how much tax payer money was wasted hunting and discharging gay Soldiers for no reason. Soldiers who had a lot of vital skills. Soldiers who always put the mission first. Soldiers who wanted nothing more than to serve their country.
You're okay with the incredible amount of tax payer money wasted on that and the resultant costs of recruiting and training their replacements right?

I will agree though, that I don't want my tax money going to a pride parade. There are better things to do with that money, just like there were better things that could've been done with the monies used to oust perfectly good Soldiers

LawScholar
06-17-2012, 10:38
Bull****. All they need is a Healthcare Power of Attorney. The great majority of the things that gays are whining about can easily be accomplished with a contract or other legal document.

And you call yourself LawScholar?

Cute.

I'm fully aware how a POA works. There is a huge difference between the law as written and 1.) how much people are aware of it and prepare for it (like most legal documents), 2.) if the law treats people equally, and most importantly 3.) how the law is PRACTICALLY APPLIED.

Here is an article that sums up some cases of hospitals frequently ignoring POA.

http://www.amptoons.com/blog/2011/05/24/why-a-power-of-attorny-is-no-substitute-for-marriage-when-a-loved-one-is-in-the-hospital/

Disagree with me if you want, but try not taking shots at my username like every other unoriginal sad sack on this forum who EVER debates me on ANYTHING. I've asked Eric to change it for just that reason. Focus on the argument!

10-32
06-17-2012, 10:39
Gay Pride poster boy

Queers sux

Doc44

If you don't know the difference between child RAPE and consenting adults then I'm sorry for you, but it's no more relevant than if I were to post a few thousand pictures of straight men who RAPED women or little girls. Let's have them on your straight pride float, 'ey?
You know that sick pieces of garbage like the one you pictured often prey on boys NOT because they are homosexual (homosexual men like other MEN), but because they feel the boys are easier to coerce into keeping quiet. Grow up

DOC44
06-17-2012, 10:48
If you don't know the difference between child RAPE and consenting adults then I'm sorry for you, but it's no more relevant than if I were to post a few thousand pictures of straight men who RAPED women or little girls. Let's have them on your straight pride float, 'ey?
You know that sick pieces of garbage like the one you pictured often prey on boys NOT because they are homosexual (homosexual men like other MEN), but because they feel the boys are easier to coerce into keeping quiet. Grow up

"Grow up" does not come to mind but THROW UP does.

Obama may soon have a tonsillectomy covered under birth control in medical insurance.:whistling:

Doc44

10-32
06-17-2012, 10:57

Doc44

Yeah, child rapists make me want to throw up too. As a matter of fact, anyone who forces themselves on anyone else makes me sick.

steveksux
06-17-2012, 11:09
That's pretty much it as far as the military is concerned. It's really not that big of a deal to "allow" people to just be who they are, as long as they DO THEIR JOB.

As for those of you who seem to think your standards for "morality" and whatever else need be imposed on me, what gives you the right to tell me what I can and cannot do within my own home? I'm not breaking any laws, I contribute to society, and I mind my business. But that's not good enough for you. You want to round us all up and have us "converted" or exterminated over something that has absolutely NO effect on your lives whatsoever. To be fair, that's the only way they can prevent "you from imposing your lifestyle on them"...

You'll have to ask them for details, the argument sounds kind of retarded to me. :dunno: It almost sounds like they want control over your life, when their life isn't affected in the least should you get your way instead.

Randy

Brucev
06-17-2012, 12:30

Obama may soon have a tonsillectomy covered under birth control in medical insurance.:whistling:

Doc44

Just one of many things the squatter has done to pander for votes.

JBnTX
06-17-2012, 14:23
Yeah, child rapists make me want to throw up too. As a matter of fact, anyone who forces themselves on anyone else makes me sick.

Who's to say that once they've forced same sex marriage on us that they won't go after our children next.

Once gays have their "rights", will pedophiles demand their "rights" next?

It seems we're forced to accept every perverted sexual lifestyle that rears it's ugly head, why stop at gays?

10-32
06-17-2012, 14:51
Apparently you're having trouble understanding adult concepts, like consent and the age at which people are allowed to consent to such things.
I would explain it to you, but it's not my place to educate other people's children

steveksux
06-17-2012, 15:18
Who's to say that once they've forced same sex marriage on us that they won't go after our children next.

It seems we're forced to accept every perverted sexual lifestyle that rears it's ugly head, why stop at gays?

If you don't know why, its a REALLY good thing you're not running things. Hopefully you don't have any daughters either. They need to understand the whole "consent to have sex" thing.

Randy

Walt_NC
06-17-2012, 17:38

I may be wrong but I'm under the impression that the pride event is to recognize the efforts and achievements of a minority group despite systemic and institutionalized discrimination and persecution. WASPs have every right to be proud but they, as a group, haven't had overcome much of anything in order to succeed.

Put another way, the pride event is a way to recognize those homosexuals who had the guts and fortitude to wear the uniform and made mission while enduring exponentially more hardships than us straight soldiers.

LawScholar
06-17-2012, 17:43
I may be wrong but I'm under the impression that the pride event is to recognize the efforts and achievements of a minority group despite systemic and institutionalized discrimination and persecution. WASPs have every right to be proud but they, as a group, haven't had overcome much of anything in order to succeed.

Put another way, the pride event is a way to recognize those homosexuals who had the guts and fortitude to wear the uniform and made mission while enduring exponentially more hardships than us straight soldiers.

I think this is well stated. You've got to love the hell out of your country to take shrapnel and bullets knowing the people ordering you would boot you out for revealing who you are.

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 17:51
I think this is well stated. You've got to love the hell out of your country to take shrapnel and bullets knowing the people ordering you would boot you out for revealing who you are.

Not all of them would....... Some were forced to, when information got out beyond their control.

Good workers are good workers. Good Soldiers are good Soldiers. Yeah, some of the guys busted out on a chapter 13 were not missed, but some of them were good soldiers.

The Military will figure this out, and it will cost a lot of money, to revamp living and showering facilities and arrangements in garrison and in the field. But leave it to the professionals, it will settle itself without our help.

Ringo S.
06-17-2012, 19:16
I wonder what the Russian Spetsnaz think about this?

:"And THAT army allowed to handle huclear weapons?!"

HexHead
06-17-2012, 20:01

In every state where gay marriage is put to a vote, the queers lose by a large margin, even in CA. It's only been legalized by liberal state legislatures or ****** judges overturning the vote, like in CA.

Brucev
06-17-2012, 20:04
In every state where gay marriage is put to a vote, the queers lose by a large margin, even in CA. It's only been legalized by liberal state legislatures or ****** judges overturning the vote, like in CA.

You must not say such things. It is not well received by those who can swallow anything in the name of tolerance.

steveksux
06-17-2012, 20:08

That's the beauty of American form of govt. It allows the country to be greater than the sum of its parts.

Unpopular minorities get a shot at equal rights that would be happily denied by the majority.

Randy

10-32
06-17-2012, 20:08
DOMA has been ruled unconstitutional three times that I'm aware of. It won't be long before it's gone, and marriage EQUALITY will be nation wide.

Swallow that

HexHead
06-17-2012, 20:15
That's the beauty of American form of govt. It allows the country to be greater than the sum of its parts.

Unpopular minorities get a shot at equal rights that would be happily denied by the majority.

Randy

All the more reason it's time to split up the Union. Let the blue states go on their merry way.

10-32
06-17-2012, 21:59
All the more reason it's time to split up the Union. Let the blue states go on their merry way.

Iran might be more to your liking.

Just saying, you do have options if the constitution of this country isn't working out for you.

Kingarthurhk
06-17-2012, 22:47
Monty Python's Military Fairy - YouTube

10-32
06-17-2012, 23:17
Monty Python = Funny Stuff

Kingarthurhk
06-17-2012, 23:19
The Village People "YMCA" www.werbetech-nik.de - YouTube

10-32
06-17-2012, 23:24
The Village People "YMCA" www.werbetech-nik.de - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDF71LjRB34&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLF09DE7DF65F2C5DE)

And now you're just acting childish. What a shock :upeyes:

Bravo 1
06-18-2012, 02:44
Marxists need to crush the institution of traditional marriage.

Like it or not, THIS country was founded on judeo-christian ideals. And marriage is between a man and a woman in the eyes of god.

Why is a civil union not good enough?

Oh thats right, its not enough is it?

The thing is, the rest of us are tired of you vocal, crybaby groups that demand all this special attention because your of different affinities.

Reminds me of hate crime laws.

Like it's MORE illegal to kill gays.,,

If you murder someone, you obviously have some hate issues. It shouldn't be more illegal because they like bugger the same sex.

Things like this crap, is dividing the country more and more.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 06:07
If the constitution guarantees equal treatment under the law, then how is a gay pride month that's only for a select few service members, considered equal treatment?

In my world it's special treatment. Plain and simple.

If the only thing that distinguishes gays from straights is their sexual behavior, isn't a gay pride month celebrating that sexual behavior.

That's right, sexual behavior is the only thing that separates gays from straights so if you really need gay pride events to be about you too, then get out there and find yourself a **** to ****. It shouldn't be too hard. If you don't want to then you don't meet the criteria so quit yer *****in'.

When did the military start honoring and celebrating a person's sexual behavior?

Ever since they started treating straights better than gays, which has been, like, forever.

Gays have served honorably right along with straight people, they've done no better and no worse.

Now that's the spirit! So why treat them any better if they're found out? Because you think it's icky? I think skinny girls with fake orange tans are icky but I'll bet I'd run into a good bit of resistance if I tried advocating for special treatment for dudes that went for the curvy pale chicks just like I do.

Their achievements stand proud right along side the achievements of straight people, there's no difference.

Then quit treating them different.

So, why are they considered so special that they get a month named after them?

To declare a gay pride month that separates them from straight people should be considered by gays to be an insult.

If what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom is their own business, then why have a gay pride month and advertise it to the entire world?

Straight pride month is every month. Straight pride parades are every parade. Straight pride events are every event you've attended. Every time you have held hands or kissed a woman in public or asked a girl to dance or got caught making out in a back seat you've experienced straight pride in the fact that nobody really cared and told everyone or busted your chops for it or fired you for it or strung you up or drug you naked behind a truck for it. You could call it straight privilege. Gay people never went off on a rant about how you were "shoving it in their face". Why should you be afraid to give your wife a kiss or a pat on the butt because some looser standing nearby might have issues with it? I'll bet you're one of those that really get irked with these overly sensitive whiners that think their delicate sensibilities should dictate the actions of everyone around them. But it's all good when it's your delicate sensibilities and you're the one that decides to get butthurt.

If I was gay, I'd be very insulted by a gay pride month.

Not nearly as insulted as you'd be by people like you.

You have 2 choices, you can get over it or you can be one of the people that society is waiting on to die.

Kyle M.
06-18-2012, 06:44
This is one issue that really just pisses me off. I am not gay, but I do have good friends that are and I do not have a priblem with that. People argue that homosexuality is immoral bull****, the people who say that are a bunch of bible thumping morons. For all we really know the bible could have been written buy a group of people on hallucenogenic drugs. If two people want to be tigether then they have every right to be together, any law that keeps them from being together is just plain wrong. I also despise this double standard where men who oppose gay marriage think that its just the best thing since sliced bread to see two women together. You cannot be opposed to gay males and un opposed to lesbians there really is no difference difference. Honestly any straight person who feels superior to any gay person needs a reality check.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 06:50

Oh yeah, it's all a big Marxist conspiracy. Has nothing to do with gay couples wanting to have the same benefits in their relationships as anyone else. :tinfoil:

Like it or not, THIS country was founded on judeo-christian ideals. And marriage is between a man and a woman in the eyes of god.

Like it or not there's a seperation of church and state that isn't going anywhere so your Judeo-Christian values argument doesn't mean squat.

Is it enough for you? If you went in to get a marriage license with a woman and they offered a civil union and explained to your uneducated face that all of the case law that has the word "marriage" in it and has established hundreds of benefits for married couples over the decades may not necessarily apply to your "civil union" if the right lawyer or politician decides it doesn't, would you stand there and say, "Oh yeah, we'll take the civil union. It's basically the same thing."?

The thing is, the rest of us are tired of you vocal, crybaby groups that demand all this special attention because your of different affinities.

No, what you're really tired of is being told that you're not superior to people that you'd like to believe you're superior to.

It's also more illegal to kill straights or whites if that's your reason for killing them so relax, you're protected too.

If you murder someone, you obviously have some hate issues. It shouldn't be more illegal because they like bugger the same sex.

You obviously don't understand the concept of a hate crime.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 07:03

I don't know about you but I've no desire to procreate and I've gone to great lengths to ensure that.

And who gives a rat's butt what nature wants? You can stuff your biggoted piehole with cake until your cholesterol goes through the roof and then take drugs to lower it and lipo to take the fat off. You can drink until your go unconscious from the toxin overload and take hangover pills the next morning. You can do dangerous sports just for the adrenaline rush.

Maybe all the healthy eating, non-drinking safety conscious people should be allowed to get married if they respect nature so much. Oh wait, those are a lot of the gay people I know. I guess they just picked a different poison. How dare they!

DOC44
06-18-2012, 07:04
This is one issue that really just pisses me off. I am not gay, but I do have good friends that are and I do not have a priblem with that. People argue that homosexuality is immoral bull****, the people who say that are a bunch of bible thumping morons. For all we really know the bible could have been written buy a group of people on hallucenogenic drugs. If two people want to be tigether then they have every right to be together, any law that keeps them from being together is just plain wrong. I also despise this double standard where men who oppose gay marriage think that its just the best thing since sliced bread to see two women together. You cannot be opposed to gay males and un opposed to lesbians there really is no difference difference. Honestly any straight person who feels superior to any gay person needs a reality check.

That closet door has a door knob.... turn it.

Doc44

NDCent
06-18-2012, 07:13
You have 2 choices, you can get over it or you can be one of the people that society is waiting on to die.

That knife cuts both ways, just sayin'.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 07:13
That's the crap the gay community wants everyone to believe and they are constantly stating this lie.

Yeah, you've got guys all over a conservative gun forum busting the haters chops every time an anti gay thread comes up. That's a pretty good indicator that either you're wrong or GT is a whole lot gayer than anyone thought. You should see how we rip those haters to shreds like dogs on bacon when they show up in the more liberal forums I visit. The anti-gay mindset is being beaten out of people like crazy. You're stuck in an echo chamber, pal.

HexHead
06-18-2012, 07:27
... in the more liberal forums I visit.

Yeah, I'm sure you all get into a circle jerk over it.

The fact remains, in EVERY state where gay marriage has been put before the voters, it has been SOUNDLY defeated. Typically like in NC recently at 60-40. Even in CA, gay marriage (Prop 8) was soundly defeated by the voters. It took a queer judge, legislating from the bench to overturn it.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 07:28
That knife cuts both ways, just sayin'.

You might want to study your history, just sayin'.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 07:34
Yeah, I'm sure you all get into a circle jerk over it.

The fact remains, in EVERY state where gay marriage has been put before the voters, it has been SOUNDLY defeated. Typically like in NC recently at 60-40. Even in CA, gay marriage (Prop 8) was soundly defeated by the voters. It took a queer judge, legislating from the bench to overturn it.

Tearing apart stupid biggoted arguments? Yeah, it's one of my more enjoyable hobbies.

How many states were against women's vote or civil rights or concealed carry at first? How many now? Seems like eventually once all the arguments permeate the deepest crevices the people decide in favor of equal treatment. But no reason to let history intrude on your delusions.

Kyle M.
06-18-2012, 07:38
^^^^ Im with this guy he knows whats going on.

kirgi08
06-18-2012, 07:49
Folks,apples and oranges.'08.

DOC44
06-18-2012, 07:54
Folks,apples and oranges.'08.

fruits....:rofl:

Doc44

engineer151515
06-18-2012, 07:59
The anti-gay mindset is being beaten out of people like crazy.

Nothing militant there.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 07:59

There are plenty but in every single one of them the morons will come out and show their ignorance. It's a good thing. They exist as an example to others of how not to be. That's why you fought for their right to be morons. We need them.

And I never thank a vet for his service. I believe it's a job just like any other that one chooses based on the payoff for doing that job with full knowledge of the dangers involved but I will say that I believe you had a lot tougher time at it than most so I think that makes you much tougher than most. Might as well have had an extra 30 pounds in your rucksack the whole time.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 08:38
That's your complaint? He's taking himself off the market so there is more females for you and you're mad about it? First he serves in military and now he's taking dudes off market so there is more "*****" for you. You are one ungrateful son of a *****.

It's like the buddy that sticks up for you and then says that you can have this whole box of Ho-Hos because he really prefers the stale Twinkies. The only reason I can figure that Hex would have a problem with that is that he either can't figure out how to open a package of Ho-Hos or he really secretly prefers stale Twinkies. Maybe a little of both.

Cavalry Doc
06-18-2012, 09:43
There are plenty but in every single one of them the morons will come out and show their ignorance. It's a good thing. They exist as an example to others of how not to be. That's why you fought for their right to be morons. We need them.

And I never thank a vet for his service. I believe it's a job just like any other that one chooses based on the payoff for doing that job with full knowledge of the dangers involved but I will say that I believe you had a lot tougher time at it than most so I think that makes you much tougher than most. Might as well have had an extra 30 pounds in your rucksack the whole time.

Your welcome anyway, I guess :upeyes:

10-32
06-18-2012, 10:28

I didn't serve for anyone's thanks. I served for the men and women I served with and nothing more. Our Soldiers were being injured and they needed Medics, that's why I enlisted. My thanks would have been the ability to help more Soldiers.

10-32
06-18-2012, 10:36

Why is is not good enough for you to live YOUR life the way YOU see fit, and allow others the freedom to do the same? Nobody is saying you HAVE to marry a person of the same sex, nor is anyone suggesting it.
Your marriage is your business, my marriage is mine.

I don't think asking for the EXACT SAME freedoms you already enjoy, is asking for "special treatment"... unless maybe you consider your freedoms special?

Your religious beliefs are great and I support your freedom to believe in whatever you choose. But I don't subscribe to the same beliefs you do. I'm not "forcing" anything on you or anyone else. To me, it seems just the opposite

nmk
06-18-2012, 10:38

I don't remember how many times you've slung this garbage, but I know you'll never stop. The difference has been explained many times, but you refuse to acknowledge it. Why is that?

marchboom
06-18-2012, 10:50
Seem to be getting a lot of liberals on this site. You would think they would be more comfortable at moveon.org, huffingtonpost, and in this case, nambla.

Really not worth discussing anything with America destroying liberals. They have no respect for our Constitution, our values and decent morality.

10-32
06-18-2012, 11:22
Seem to be getting a lot of liberals on this site. You would think they would be more comfortable at moveon.org, huffingtonpost, and in this case, nambla.

Really not worth discussing anything with America destroying liberals. They have no respect for our Constitution, our values and decent morality.

I swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States more than once. Tell me how I defied that oath.

Kyle M.
06-18-2012, 11:41
In a perfect world there would be no gay or straight, you would just be and everybody would accept you for who you are. Obviously this is not a perfect world, but its a comforting thought.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 11:53

Gotta take the good with the bad. If you want more liberal minded folks enjoying and defending their second amendment rights and taking up the shooting sports and fewer voting against gun rights then you better be prepared to deal with them on the gun forums. Or did you think they were just going to come all the way over to your way of thinking on everything? Didn't you just say that people advocating for equal treatment of everyone have no respect for the Constitution? 5 year olds can see what's wrong with your way of thinking so don't hold your breath.

Walt_NC
06-18-2012, 12:37

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-c,2849/

10-32
06-18-2012, 12:59
http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-c,2849/

Wait, I thought the Onion was satirical. That looks like dead-on reporting to me.

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 13:06

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2337#comic

Kingarthurhk
06-18-2012, 18:17
I think the disabled, overweight, and under age should be able to serve next. Haven't they been discriminated enough against?

Walt_NC
06-18-2012, 18:29
I think the disabled, overweight, and under age should be able to serve next. Haven't they been discriminated enough against?

Please tell me youre kidding. That "argument" is truly weapons-grade stupid.

10-32
06-18-2012, 19:39

That's an individual reaching for any possible scenario that might in any way support the ignorant, hateful garbage that's been indoctrinated into him. It's sad, really

G29Reload
06-18-2012, 19:54
Monty Python's Military Fairy - YouTube

Gunhaver
06-18-2012, 20:15

That's an individual reaching for any possible scenario that might in any way support the ignorant, hateful garbage that's been indoctrinated into him. It's sad, really

Oh, you should see the gems he pulls out of his butt over on the religious issues forum. Dinosaur and human footprints next to each other, a chariot wheel and a horse hoof found in the red sea proves the bible is right, stuff like that. I suspect he's a one man Landover Baptist Church type deal but I can't get him to break character.

Cavalry Doc
06-18-2012, 20:26
Oh, you should see the gems he pulls out of his butt over on the religious issues forum. Dinosaur and human footprints next to each other, a chariot wheel and a horse hoof found in the red sea proves the bible is right, stuff like that. I suspect he's a one man Landover Baptist Church type deal but I can't get him to break character.

Guess it never occurred to you that religious bigotry is just as ugly as homophobic bigotry. :upeyes:

Streetking
06-18-2012, 20:50
do you need to change your diaper?

10-32
06-18-2012, 20:53
Guess it never occurred to you that religious bigotry is just as ugly as homophobic bigotry. :upeyes:

Hard to argue with that.

Cavalry Doc
06-18-2012, 20:55
do you need to change your diaper?

Sorry, you are coming in broken and unreadable, say again all after "Do".

Kingarthurhk
06-18-2012, 21:07

Yes, just like the current change in military policy. Why not include the fat, lame, and teenagers? Aren't they marginalized too? Or does it have to have to be a cause endorsed by media to make it okay?

While we are at it, why aren't women in combat roles yet?

Kingarthurhk
06-18-2012, 21:23
Also, why is it you can be charged with conduct unbecomming for adultry, but not for being gay? That would seem to be bigoted toward another sexual proclivity, would it not?

Also, why is the First Amendment curtailed in the military? Criticize the commander and chief and face an Article-15?

I could keep going. Also, there has been a lot of religious discrimination in the military. That has yet to be curtailed to my knowledge.

So, what I am seeing is one group getting the benies out of current politics, and everyone else, no pun intended, "getting the shaft."

10-32
06-18-2012, 21:35
Yes, just like the current change in military policy. Why not include the fat, lame, and teenagers? Aren't they marginalized too? Or does it have to have to be a cause endorsed by media to make it okay?

While we are at it, why aren't women in combat roles yet?

The fat can join the military. If they can get it together and pass their PT test, they'll be allowed to stay. If they can't pass the initial physical requirements however, they'll be asked to come back when they can. The physically disabled are held to the same standard. If they can pass the tests and meet the requirements, they can join too.
It's about being fit for duty and meeting the standards set forth by the military. Gay people are held to the same standard as everyone else, so there's no special treatment for anyone.

Children cannot consent to anything. They cannot consent to sex, they cannot enter into any legally binding contracts, they cannot vote, drink, or own weapons. If you'd like to see that changed then by all means, feel free to champion that cause. I wish you well.

Women ARE allowed in combat roles.

10-32
06-18-2012, 22:03
Also, why is it you can be charged with conduct unbecomming for adultry, but not for being gay? That would seem to be bigoted toward another sexual proclivity, would it not?

Also, why is the First Amendment curtailed in the military? Criticize the commander and chief and face an Article-15?

I could keep going. Also, there has been a lot of religious discrimination in the military. That has yet to be curtailed to my knowledge.

So, what I am seeing is one group getting the benies out of current politics, and everyone else, no pun intended, "getting the shaft."

If gays were allowed to marry like they should be, then they could face UCMJ for adultery too.

The first amendment right to free speech is curtailed while in uniform, or when otherwise representing the military. Soldiers not in uniform and not representing the military are free to express their personal political opinions all they like. They are also free to protest ad petition their government.

I'm not familiar with any religious discrimination in the military. To my recollection, the free exercise of religion is encouraged in the military and many religious groups are represented on post. If you know of some religious discrimination, you are free to bring that to your chain of command.

As for gays getting all the "benies", I don't think that's the case. They still can't get married, which means they can't live with their spouses until they reach E-6 (or E-5 with commander approval if there's no space in the barracks...or if they are officers), their spouses get none of the benefits of straight spouses, and they still have to deal with hatred from ignorant people who can't realize that they are people too. Doesn't sound like they are getting a whole lot of special "benies" to me

stevelyn
06-18-2012, 22:12

It's not like they are demanding that you be gay. They just want to be treated equally and fairly and not be attacked for the way they are.

Kingarthurhk
06-18-2012, 22:47
The fat can join the military. If they can get it together and pass their PT test, they'll be allowed to stay. If they can't pass the initial physical requirements however, they'll be asked to come back when they can. The physically disabled are held to the same standard. If they can pass the tests and meet the requirements, they can join too.
It's about being fit for duty and meeting the standards set forth by the military. Gay people are held to the same standard as everyone else, so there's no special treatment for anyone.

Children cannot consent to anything. They cannot consent to sex, they cannot enter into any legally binding contracts, they cannot vote, drink, or own weapons. If you'd like to see that changed then by all means, feel free to champion that cause. I wish you well.

Women ARE allowed in combat roles.

Odd. Except for GI Jane, I don't know of any female Navy Seals. I have never heard of a female Special Forces for that matter either. No female Army Rangers. Where are these aleged combat roles again?

Also, durring WWII, it was not uncommon for 17 year olds to enlist. Further, durring the Civil War preteens were not unheard of in the Union and Confederate armies.

Also, you failed to address how adulty is still considered to be conduct unbecomming and a punishable offense. That is also a sexual choice.

The fat are mocked, absused, and often put on what is called the "Fat Boy Program". That seems like a pretty derogatory term.

Further, the disabled are given a full pension and discharged.

So, once again, I am failing to see how full parity is being adopted by the military.

If we are going to be "politically correct" in one area, shouldn't we do so in all areas?

GRIMLET
06-18-2012, 23:02
Kinder, Kinder, Kinder....
One doesn't get a full pension for being disabled. Its all a percentage relative to the disability.
You spoke of making exemptions for those not fit for military service.
Did you serve in the military and ets with a good conduct dd214? Do these exemption recruits have to step in for those who won't support their nation?
How about you?

Its alright, I laid it on the line for your right to complain and have an opinion. 10-32 did also.

10-32
06-18-2012, 23:10
Odd. Except for GI Jane, I don't know of any female Navy Seals. I have never heard of a female Special Forces for that matter either. No female Army Rangers. Where are these aleged combat roles again?

Also, durring WWII, it was not uncommon for 17 year olds to enlist. Further, durring the Civil War preteens were not unheard of in the Union and Confederate armies.

Also, you failed to address how adulty is still considered to be conduct unbecomming and a punishable offense. That is also a sexual choice.

The fat are mocked, absused, and often put on what is called the "Fat Boy Program". That seems like a pretty derogatory term.

Further, the disabled are given a full pension and discharged.

So, once again, I am failing to see how full parity is being adopted by the military.

If we are going to be "politically correct" in one area, shouldn't we do so in all areas?

Women are allowed in certain combat roles. That is something that was just recently changed. So while they may not yet be able to be SF, they are moving in the right direction and there are efforts to speed that process. There was a time in this country when females weren't able to serve at all, is that what you'd like to get back to?

As I said, you are free to petition your government to allow children into the military. If we went back to the times you mention, then women wouldn't be able to serve at all. Which way do you want it?

Homosexuality is NOT A CHOICE. There is no more punishment under UCMJ for being homosexual than there is for being a female, because neither are a choice, and neither do ANYTHING to harm troop morale.

"The fat" weren't mocked when I was in the Army. People who had a hard time making weight and those who struggled with their PT were put in "special pops" PT or "The 1SG's PT program" and were encouraged to succeed. They were also encouraged by their peers, I know I was when I dipped on my PT score. There is no "fat boy program" and calling another Soldier the names you mention is punishable under UCMJ. I think maybe you watch too many movies?

The Soldiers injured while on active duty are determined to be fit or unfit for duty and, if found to be unfit, are put through a medical evaluation board. There, they are given a rating based on (only) the medical diagnosis that makes them unfit. What happens from there depends on their TIS and the rating they get from the MEB. A "full pension" is something else I think you may have gotten from a movie, because it doesn't make any sense.

So again, I fail to see why you continue to make comments on something you clearly know very little about

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 05:31
Women are allowed in certain combat roles. That is something that was just recently changed. So while they may not yet be able to be SF, they are moving in the right direction and there are efforts to speed that process. There was a time in this country when females weren't able to serve at all, is that what you'd like to get back to?

As I said, you are free to petition your government to allow children into the military. If we went back to the times you mention, then women wouldn't be able to serve at all. Which way do you want it?

Homosexuality is NOT A CHOICE. There is no more punishment under UCMJ for being homosexual than there is for being a female, because neither are a choice, and neither do ANYTHING to harm troop morale.

"The fat" weren't mocked when I was in the Army. People who had a hard time making weight and those who struggled with their PT were put in "special pops" PT or "The 1SG's PT program" and were encouraged to succeed. They were also encouraged by their peers, I know I was when I dipped on my PT score. There is no "fat boy program" and calling another Soldier the names you mention is punishable under UCMJ. I think maybe you watch too many movies?

The Soldiers injured while on active duty are determined to be fit or unfit for duty and, if found to be unfit, are put through a medical evaluation board. There, they are given a rating based on (only) the medical diagnosis that makes them unfit. What happens from there depends on their TIS and the rating they get from the MEB. A "full pension" is something else I think you may have gotten from a movie, because it doesn't make any sense.

So again, I fail to see why you continue to make comments on something you clearly know very little about

Actually, I was raised around around the military. So, I understand what I am talking about.

Women don't have a choice about being women. It wasn't all that long ago that there was a WAF corps. As you pointed out, they still can't serve in an actual combat role. There are no Special Forces, Seal, or Ranger females. There are no fighter pilot females. Even Israel does that.

If sexuality is not a choice, why then are heterosxuals still punished under USMJ for adultry?

If you come back from the war jacked up, you get your full salary for life. Not a movie thing. If you receive an injury you have to argue with some VA employee about what extra percentages you will be paid for life.

And the "Fat Boy Program" as it was loving called required regular weigh ins, and, yes you had to PT yourself, and it was noted on your performance evaluation for promotional purposes your failure to maintain a certain weight.

So, my point remains. Everyone is supposed to be get excited about gay people in the military, but everyone else is supposed to just take a back seat?

That hardly seems right.

oldmarine6869
06-19-2012, 06:53
So they want to celebrate these people that (Chose) a Disgusting, Perverted, Dirty, Unhealthy Lifestye (((CHOICE))), all this ***** is (Numba 10 GI)

10-32
06-19-2012, 10:41
... So, I understand what I am talking about.

I disagree

Kyle M.
06-19-2012, 10:58
So they want to celebrate these people that (Chose) a Disgusting, Perverted, Dirty, Unhealthy Lifestye (((CHOICE))), all this ***** is (Numba 10 GI)

Good god if you consider a gay mans lifestyle to be disgusting,perverted, dirty, or unhealthy, then I can only imagine what you would think of any straight couple that engages in similar acts. Funny you will never ever find a doctor who will tell you that a gay mans lifestyle is unhealthy. But its already obvious that you dont believe in equality, bet you don't have any issues with two women being together do you? I guess when I get home from work I will have to explain to my girlfriend that our lifestyle is disgusting, perverted, dirty, and unhealthy.

oldmarine6869
06-19-2012, 11:55
Good god if you consider a gay mans lifestyle to be disgusting,perverted, dirty, or unhealthy, then I can only imagine what you would think of any straight couple that engages in similar acts. Funny you will never ever find a doctor who will tell you that a gay mans lifestyle is unhealthy. But its already obvious that you dont believe in equality, bet you don't have any issues with two women being together do you? I guess when I get home from work I will have to explain to my girlfriend that our lifestyle is disgusting, perverted, dirty, and unhealthy.

Wow "Youngster, thank you for the education in life, and Kyle, lift your wrist up a little higher.. LMFAO
Please "Kid", go get your manhood papers first(
Date of BirthJanuary 5, 1990 (22) LOL

kirgi08
06-19-2012, 12:04
:goodpost: :agree:

Kyle M.
06-19-2012, 12:07
What exactly are you trying to say?

10-32
06-19-2012, 12:09
Wow there really are some ppl that just dont have a friggin clue, insinuating that I dont know what Im talking about because im young.

:goodpost: :agree:

Gunhaver
06-19-2012, 12:20
Wow "Youngster, thank you for the education in life, and Kyle, lift your wrist up a little higher.. LMFAO
Please "Kid", go get your manhood papers first(
Date of BirthJanuary 5, 1990 (22) LOL

I guess at 22 he's got a lot more voting years left in him than you do which makes his opinion more valid than yours in the long run.

Enjoy watching yourself become less and less relevant in the coming years. :wavey:

JFrame
06-19-2012, 12:22
I guess at 22 he's got a lot more voting years left in him than you do which makes his opinion more valid than yours in the long run.

I might suggest a little logical reconsideration of that argument.

Kyle M.
06-19-2012, 12:26
I honestly don't understand the big deal with marriage, Im not married, never have been, and dont plan to be, I just don't see the difference between being married and living with someone you love. But I respect peoples decision to get married, and I believe you should be able to marry whomever you choose. I would much rather see a gay man happily married to his partner, than live a life of misery because he cannot do so. But I guess there will always be those cruel heartless people out there who feel every homosexual should be burned at the stake.

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 12:29
I honestly don't understand the big deal with marriage, Im not married, never have been, and dont plan to be, I just don't see the difference between being married and living with someone you love. But I respect peoples decision to get married, and I believe you should be able to marry whomever you choose. I would much rather see a gay man happily married to his partner, than live a life of misery because he cannot do so. But I guess there will always be those cruel heartless people out there who feel every homosexual should be burned at the stake.

Well, since you are interested in happiness, I am sure you would not have a problem with polgamy and polyandry, right?

Kyle M.
06-19-2012, 12:39
Well, since you are interested in happiness, I am sure you would not have a problem with polgamy and polyandry, right?

No I really don't if you can make it work good for you.

marchboom
06-19-2012, 12:45

Enjoy watching yourself become less and less relevant in the coming years. :wavey:

So, is that what you are using as a guide to judge one's opinion? How many voting years they have left?

That says a lot about your mindset.

Kyle M.
06-19-2012, 12:55
So, is that what you are using as a guide to judge one's opinion? How many voting years they have left?

So far im liking his mindset alot better than most peoples, and I normally don't care what anyone thinks.

JFrame
06-19-2012, 13:01
So far im liking his mindset alot better than most peoples, and I normally don't care what anyone thinks.

But it at least has to make sense.

Based on the stated argument, when you're in your 60's or 70's, the opinion of any person in his 20's who doesn't like gays would be more valid than yours.

marchboom
06-19-2012, 13:25
Based on the stated argument, when you're in your 60's or 70's, the opinion of any person in his 20's who doesn't like gays would be more valid than yours.

Lets go one step further with his goofy mindset:
Age 18-30, you get to vote 3 times for each election.
Age 31-50, you get to vote twice.
Age 51 and older, you only get the normal one vote.

I'm sure the liberals would love that.

Gunhaver
06-19-2012, 14:18

I have 2 girlfriends. One is married and the other has another boyfriend that spends a lot of time on the road. Everybody knows about everybody else and it's all cool with everyone. They call it polyamory but I call it awesome. I can date someone else if they are down to follow the rules but I have my hands full with 2 and I have other stuff to do.

There's all sorts of relationship agreements going on out there that would chap your uptight hide if you knew about them. Feel free to continue feeling superior to all of us.

Gunhaver
06-19-2012, 14:29

I think you and Jframe both know what I meant and playing dumb doesn't really help your position. Cranky uptight old people are dying out and being replaced by younger voters that don't harrumph at the mention of same sex marriage. A 22 year old has a lot more trips to make to the voting booth in the remainder of his lifetime than an old man so moving forward from this point his opinions will have a greater impact on policy.

In other words, it's just a matter of time before there aren't enough people left that care about gay marriage to make a difference and that's if the SCOTUS doesn't call the bans on it unconstitutional first and wipe a good lot of them out with mass heart attacks and aneurysms.

Do I need to explain it further?

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 14:41
No I really don't if you can make it work good for you.

I admire your honesty.

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 14:43
I have 2 girlfriends. One is married and the other has another boyfriend that spends a lot of time on the road. Everybody knows about everybody else and it's all cool with everyone. They call it polyamory but I call it awesome. I can date someone else if they are down to follow the rules but I have my hands full with 2 and I have other stuff to do.

There's all sorts of relationship agreements going on out there that would chap your uptight hide if you knew about them. Feel free to continue feeling superior to all of us.

I feel there are absolutes. I am sorry if that bothers you. I am not feeling superior. However, I will speak honestly.

JFrame
06-19-2012, 14:43
I think you and Jframe both know what I meant and playing dumb doesn't really help your position. Cranky uptight old people are dying out and being replaced by younger voters that don't harrumph at the mention of same sex marriage. A 22 year old has a lot more trips to make to the voting booth in the remainder of his lifetime than an old man so moving forward from this point his opinions will have a greater impact on policy.

In other words, it's just a matter of time before there aren't enough people left that care about gay marriage to make a difference and that's if the SCOTUS doesn't call the bans on it unconstitutional first and wipe a good lot of them out with mass heart attacks and aneurysms.

Do I need to explain it further?

Eh...That's not what you said the first time, even if what you just stated is what you really meant.

You might just try to articulate your point better, instead of getting snippy and attacking others for your failure of exposition. Or just calmly state, "This is what I meant..."

Gunhaver
06-19-2012, 15:27
I feel there are absolutes. I am sorry if that bothers you. I am not feeling superior. However, I will speak honestly.

You feel there are absolutes that fall right in line with what makes you comfortable. How convenient for you. What makes you feel superior is your belief that what you think are absolutes should be forced on other people. After all, you know what's best for them right?

And I would be a sad individual if I let your feelings bother me.

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 15:34
You feel there are absolutes that fall right in line with what makes you comfortable. How convenient for you. What makes you feel superior is your belief that what you think are absolutes should be forced on other people. After all, you know what's best for them right?

And I would be a sad individual if I let your feelings bother me.

No, there are many absolutes that I don't feel comfortable with, that I wrestle with daily. There is a morality independant of all us.

I am not forcing anyone to do anything. I will, however, point out the inconsistancies and the hypocracies of a situation, however.

As to the topic at hand, women are born women, they can't help that. They are not treated equally in the military. However, we are supposed to elevate gay people in the military and not women.

We are told that homosexual acts must be condoned in the military, yet adultry is still punishable under the USMJ.

The argument homsexuals cannot be other that what they are, yet heterosexuals should be held to a different standard.

There is an American's with Disabilities Acts (ADA) to protect the disabled, beause they have no choice in who they are. However, they are excluded from military service.

So, once again, we are being told based on a poupularization through liberal media to embrace and endorse one group, but exclude the others.

This by no means leads to parity and is hypocrtiical.

10-32
06-19-2012, 15:49
No, there are many absolutes that I don't feel comfortable with, that I wrestle with daily. There is a morality independant of all us.

I am not forcing anyone to do anything. I will, however, point out the inconsistancies and the hypocracies of a situation, however.

As to the topic at hand, women are born women, they can't help that. They are not treated equally in the military. However, we are supposed to elevate gay people in the military and not women.

We are told that homosexual acts must be condoned in the military, yet adultry is still punishable under the USMJ.

The argument homsexuals cannot be other that what they are, yet heterosexuals should be held to a different standard.

There is an American's with Disabilities Acts (ADA) to protect the disabled, beause they have no choice in who they are. However, they are excluded from military service.

So, once again, we are being told based on a poupularization through liberal media to embrace and endorse one group, but exclude the others.

This by no means leads to parity and is hypocrtiical.

Women are now allowed in some combat positions, and they continue to make advances in equality. Why are you not condemning their struggle for equality?

If you want gay troops to be held to the same adultery standard, then you'd have to let them get married first. As it stands, if a gay troop is married in a state where it's legal and commits adultery, that troop CAN and WILL be held to the same standard. The language in the UCMJ is very gender neutral and it applies to ALL troops.

If a person has a disability that prevents them from being able to make mission and meet the standards of the military, they won't be able to serve. Doesn't matter if they're gay or straight, male or female.

You keep talking about military policy like you have a clue but all you're doing is proving your ignorance. If you're not happy with military policy and standards, contact your congressman ... or lace up and ruck a mile in our boots, then see what you think

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 16:00
Women are now allowed in some combat positions, and they continue to make advances in equality. Why are you not condemning their struggle for equality?

Because they have been struggling longer without much result perhaps? And no one is taking up their cause?

If you want gay troops to be held to the same adultery standard, then you'd have to let them get married first. As it stands, if a gay troop is married in a state where it's legal and commits adultery, that troop CAN and WILL be held to the same standard. The language in the UCMJ is very gender neutral and it applies to ALL troops.

So, here once again, we have a double standard, and were told that we should just accept it. I don't.

If a person has a disability that prevents them from being able to make mission and meet the standards of the military, they won't be able to serve. Doesn't matter if they're gay or straight, male or female.

So, it is okay to discriminate against them?

You keep talking about military policy like you have a clue but all you're doing is proving your ignorance. If you're not happy with military policy and standards, contact your congressman ... or lace up and ruck a mile in our boots, then see what you think

I have taken plenty of fire from a foreign military. I have seen my friends killed. Though we were never and will never be given veteran status. We were the pariah. Our press was not nearly as good.

10-32
06-19-2012, 16:20
Because they have been struggling longer without much result perhaps? And no one is taking up their cause?

Longer how? You think being gay is a new thing? Gay people have been struggling just as long as women or anyone else.

So, here once again, we have a double standard, and were told that we should just accept it. I don't.

How does people being held to the same standard equate to a double standard in your mind? The UCMJ holds ALL troops equally accountable for their actions.

So, it is okay to discriminate against them?

It's not discrimination. Some gay troops can make mission and some can't. Some women can make mission, some can't. Some heterosexual men can make mission, some can't. Some people with certain disabilities can make mission, and some can't. If you can meet the standard for enlistment/commission, then you're in. Doesn't matter who you are. By your reasoning, isn't it discrimination that not everyone gets a turn at being POTUS? Shouldn't we all have a turn on the SCOTUS?

I have taken plenty of fire from a foreign military. I have seen my friends killed. Though we were never and will never be given veteran status. We were the pariah. Our press was not nearly as good.

Whatever you say. My point is that, even though you seem to think you're an expert on UCMJ and military standards, you're commenting on things you know nothing about.

oldmarine6869
06-19-2012, 16:24

God "Kid" my comment brought out all the you young "Rambo Punks", all you ((FFFF @@@ GGGs))) are rediculous.
LMFAO
I will get banned..LOL

10-32
06-19-2012, 16:50
6. We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But, we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity). Posts with racist or extremist comments or content are not allowed. This includes links to sites with such content.

http://www.glocktalk.com/terms.php