Trojan Horse Delegates: A Message from Ron Paul [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Horse Delegates: A Message from Ron Paul

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 14:40
Ron calls for delegates to behave and follow the rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cOHlN5JWsw8

Love the point at about 2:10 in the video, when he claims that all of the efforts of out Viet Nam Veterans was irrelevant, and applauds the North Vietnamese. :upeyes:

We should not be disruptive, but we should also not be pushed around. And that, to me is very very important, and there is no reason that we can't present our views and win some victories when it comes to what we stand for and the platform talks about.

I didn't know we were seeking a convention fight.

We have to present the case in a very positive way, and uh, and not be divisive just to be divisive.

---Dr. Ron Paul

Never asked people to vote or him. That might constitute soliciting a crime. Never said he wasn't going to endorse Romney at the convention either.

Sit, heal, bad dog, be good.http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/273/c/d/_hypno__by_xRed5433x.gif

The entertainment value is high.

JBnTX
06-16-2012, 15:43
I don't think Ron Paul supporters can do that.

G-19
06-16-2012, 17:50
I think he sees a couple of things:

1. If the Paul supporters should try and vote for Ron regardless of who was their states primary winner, it will destroy their party. People will not take kindly to such things.

2. As I have been saying all along, the actions of the RP crowd have hurt his chances of ever winning. He also understands that if they continue to act in such manner the LP will become a thing of the past.

QNman
06-16-2012, 18:10
:popcorn:

Some Paul supporters will try to subvert the system because they suffer from the same delusions of grandeur as our Narcissist in Chief; they think the unwashed masses will appreciate their forced guidance, once it all gets passed.

nmstew
06-16-2012, 19:03

Love the point at about 2:10 in the video, when he claims that all of the efforts of out Viet Nam Veterans was irrelevant, and applauds the North Vietnamese. :upeyes:

Wasn't he an Army Dr. during the Vietnam War? Kind of like listening to a black person make jokes about other people.:dunno: I don't think he applauded the NVA. It was odd to see that comparison though, and I could see how some vets would cringe at the use of the word "irrelevant".

PawDog
06-16-2012, 19:37
Wasn't he an Army Dr. during the Vietnam War? Kind of like listening to a black person make jokes about other people.:dunno: I don't think he applauded the NVA. It was odd to see that comparison though, and I could see how some vets would cringe at the use of the word "irrelevant".

He was a gynecologist, USAF I believe, never saw combat and only served state-side.

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 19:53

He sure seemed to identify with the North Vietnamese officer.

He was Air Force. Lied about being drafted too.

Don't take my word for it.....

http://stevebussey.com/wp/2011/12/did-ron-paul-lie-about-being-drafted/

lancesorbenson
06-16-2012, 19:53

He was quoting the dialogue between a U.S. colonel and an NVA colonel, illustrating the point that losing a battle, or practically every battle, doesn't necessarily mean you lose the war. It's a pretty well-known anecdote and obviously not meant to disparage the service of Vietnam vets.

chickenwing
06-16-2012, 20:14
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwcRTm9JOw8IvNcBMbvflJ1v38UX2mMRFvyzvLgAk1s-d9c4gSwnLfCqgC

countrygun
06-16-2012, 20:17

Some Paul supporters will try to subvert the system because they suffer from the same delusions of grandeur as our Narcissist in Chief; they think the unwashed masses will appreciate their forced guidance, once it all gets passed.

That and what g-19 said. It doesn't make any sense to alienate voters in our syste, especially when you are a long shot, out of it party.

I still keep coming back to those yahoos as being either delusional or bent on wrecking the party. There is nothing rational about their actions....................

....................but it is amusing

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 20:19
That and what g-19 said. It doesn't make any sense to alienate voters in our syste, especially when you are a long shot, out of it party.

I still keep coming back to those yahoos as being either delusional or bent on wrecking the party. There is nothing rational about their actions....................

....................but it is amusing

I'm not a fan of Romney, so if he has difficulty at the convention, no sweat off of my ______.

I can't wait to see if the delegates will risk financial ruin and jail, or hold their nose and vote for Mittens anyway, according to their pledges before being selected as a delegate.

countrygun
06-16-2012, 20:24
I'm not a fan of Romney, so if he has difficulty at the convention, no sweat off of my ______.

I can't wait to see if the delegates will risk financial ruin and jail, or hold their nose and vote for Mittens anyway, according to their pledges before being selected as a delegate.

I'm with you, I just DON'T want to see anything help keep Obarfma in office.

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 20:31

Hi-jinx from the cult disciples could help or hurt Obama. We'll have to wait and see.

certifiedfunds
06-16-2012, 20:40

You know better than that Doc. You're being intellectually dishonest and it isn't like you.

Cavalry Doc
06-16-2012, 20:57
You know better than that Doc. You're being intellectually dishonest and it isn't like you.

He gave an example, and for some odd reason, he came down on the side of the NV. As an example to follow.

Why he ended up there, I don't now. Maybe it was unintentional. But it is odd as heck to me.

Ruble Noon
06-16-2012, 21:55

The entertainment value is high.

During one of his liaison trips to Hanoi, Harry had his now-famous exchange with his North Vietnamese counterpart. When Harry told him, "You know, you never beat us on the battlefield," Colonel Tu responded, "That may be so, but it is also irrelevant."

http://www.clausewitz.com/readings/SummersObitText.htm

:whistling::whistling:

Syclone538
06-16-2012, 22:20

Being a Paul supporter, I am not under the impression the "unwashed masses" would appreciate more freedom and responsibility, and less government. I just don't care about what people want when they work for more gov and less freedom.

Syclone538
06-16-2012, 22:21

You haven't been to GTRI, have you?

Gundude
06-16-2012, 22:23
How could it? Romney will still be Anyone But Obama no matter how much he gets embarrassed at the convention.

QNman
06-16-2012, 22:35
Being a Paul supporter, I am not under the impression the "unwashed masses" would appreciate more freedom and responsibility, and less government. I just don't care about what people want when they work for more gov and less freedom.

Then educate them. Don't pull an Obama and try to make everyone "eat their broccoli".

You NEED to care what they think because we live in a democratic republic. They get to "help" select our leaders.

Let me ask this... What do you suppose would happen in November if this coup is successful? Do you honestly expect any result other than a landslide for Obama? Or do you have more covert delegates on the electoral college level?

What is the difference between your proposal and tyranny?

countrygun
06-16-2012, 23:02
How could it? Romney will still be Anyone But Obama no matter how much he gets embarrassed at the convention.

You're right, this Paul thing has no chance, and obama will be defeated by Romney. Maybe there is still hope for the Republic:cool:

Syclone538
06-17-2012, 01:48
Then educate them. Don't pull an Obama and try to make everyone "eat their broccoli".

You NEED to care what they think because we live in a democratic republic. They get to "help" select our leaders.

Let me ask this... What do you suppose would happen in November if this coup is successful? Do you honestly expect any result other than a landslide for Obama? Or do you have more covert delegates on the electoral college level?

What is the difference between your proposal and tyranny?

I was only disputing your post that I quoted. I have not made a proposal. I am completely against delegates voting for someone other then who the voters they represent voted for.

QNman
06-17-2012, 07:24
I was only disputing your post that I quoted. I have not made a proposal. I am completely against delegates voting for someone other then who the voters they represent voted for.

My apologies, sir.

FWIW, for all his warts, I was pleased Paul won the caucus in my district. I am good friends with the caucus chair, and would have been among those supporting Paul, had I not been out of town the day of the caucus.

All Paul supporters are not Paul-bots. The few rabid worshippers only detract from the message.

Syclone538
06-17-2012, 10:27
My apologies, sir.

FWIW, for all his warts, I was pleased Paul won the caucus in my district. I am good friends with the caucus chair, and would have been among those supporting Paul, had I not been out of town the day of the caucus.

All Paul supporters are not Paul-bots. The few rabid worshippers only detract from the message.

Hey man no problem. With the direction of the thread and the fact that I didn't mention it at all I understand you how got that impression. I just didn't think about that at the time.

Stubudd
06-17-2012, 10:50
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwcRTm9JOw8IvNcBMbvflJ1v38UX2mMRFvyzvLgAk1s-d9c4gSwnLfCqgC

lol i know, it's pathetic

Stubudd
06-17-2012, 11:07

Oh, really? That's what he claimed? He "applauded" the NV?

:rofl:

an analogy for losing the battles and winning the war really bothers you, you even make up things that aren't there so you can feel bothered about it- but lying about wanting to be in vietnam to a room full of vets "doesn't really bother you"

you're unreadable, a joke

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 11:19
Oh, really? That's what he claimed? He "applauded" the NV?

an analogy for losing the battles and winning the war really bothers you, you even make up things that aren't there so you can feel bothered about it- but lying about wanting to be in vietnam to a room full of vets "doesn't really bother you"

you're unreadable, a joke

I'll have to learn to live with the fact that I found it bothersome that he identified with the North Vietnamese guy in his analogy. It still bothers me a bit, but not as much as it once did.

He who gets over it first wins I guess.

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 11:24
Question for the general populace here:

Do you not find the Trojan Horse plan exciting. I'm just waiting to see if watching it will be more like Mission Impossible, The Borne Identity, or Dumb & Dumberer when it is finally done.

countrygun
06-17-2012, 12:14
Question for the general populace here:

Do you not find the Trojan Horse plan exciting. I'm just waiting to see if watching it will be more like Mission Impossible, The Borne Identity, or Dumb & Dumberer when it is finally done.

For those of us old enough to remember I have a feeling it is going to eerily reminiscent of the halcyon, and wild days in American politics when the "Pat Paulsen for President" movement almost changed the face of American politics forever:upeyes:

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 12:30
For those of us old enough to remember I have a feeling it is going to eerily reminiscent of the halcyon, and wild days in American politics when the "Pat Paulsen for President" movement almost changed the face of American politics forever:upeyes:

Not gonna lie, I had to look him up. Loved some of his positions

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."

"I donít want to say too much about illegal immigration. Iím afraid my views will be reported on the Cinco OíClock News"[5]

On the Miranda warning: "Why should we tell kidnappers, murderers, and embezzlers their rights? If they don't know their rights, they shouldn't be in the business."

"A good many people feel that our present draft laws are unjust. These people are called soldiers."

"Sex doesn't have to be taught. It's something most of us are born with."

When originally "denying" he was running, borrowing from General William Sherman in 1884: "I will not run if nominated, and if elected I will not serve."

Presidential campaign slogan: "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours."

Presidential campaign slogan: "If elected, I will win."

Campaign supporters' rallying cry: "We can't stand Pat!"

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself...and of course the boogieman."

"I am neither left wing nor right wing. I am middle-of-the-bird."

"If either the right wing or the left wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles."

"Marijuana should be licensed and kept out of the hands of teenagers. It's too good for them."

When asked if he believed in the right to bear arms: "No, I believe in the right to arm bears."

On network censorship: "I feel proud to be living in a country where people are not afraid to laugh at themselves and where political satire is tolerated by the government, if not the television network."

On network censorship: "Censorship does not interfere with the constitutional rights of every American to sit alone in a dark room in the nude and cuss. There are realistic taboos, especially regarding political comments. Our leaders were not elected to be tittered at. For example, we're allowed to say Ronald Reagan is a lousy actor, but we're not allowed to say he's a lousy governor Ė which is ridiculous. We know he's a good actor. And we're not allowed to make fun of President Johnston[sic][6], but if we praise him, who would believe it?"

On his political affiliation: "I belong to the Straight Talking American Government Party, or STAG Party for short."

hogfish
06-17-2012, 15:39

Not gonna lie, I had to look him up. Loved some of his positions

I, also, never heard of him. Funny how serious some ideas comedians are able to transmit are. :)

Some great lines, there: "...it would probably fly around in circles."; "...STAG Party...". :supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 16:14
Pat Paulson For President pt 2 of 6 - YouTube

Pat Paulson For President pt 3 of 6 - YouTube

countrygun
06-17-2012, 16:28
I am really glad that my educations and experience can open up an almost forgotten world of political theory to a new generation:horsey:

Cavalry Doc
06-17-2012, 16:48
I am really glad that my educations and experience can open up an almost forgotten world of political theory to a new generation:horsey:

I vaguely remember my dad telling me about this guy when I was growing up. I thanked him today for that. Just finishing the 6th part of 6 videos......:supergrin:

LOL at the transition between the 4th and 5th video's.

G-19
06-19-2012, 14:29
Well, it is funny how posts like this one seem to be ignored by the Paulbots.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 15:02
If you want to see what they really think, there are a few Ron Paul forums that it is rather amusing to lurk in, no need to register to read the posts there. I'm buying stock in aluminum based on what I've read in them.

G-19
06-19-2012, 18:58
Oh, I have been to some of them. I am betting close to half of them are around 13 years old. The conspiracy theories are rampant.

PawDog
06-19-2012, 19:59
Oh, I have been to some of them. I am betting close to half of them are around 13 years old. The conspiracy theories are rampant.

Well, as you are aware being LE, heavy weed usage does tend to make folks paranoid......:smoking:

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 20:17
Well, as you are aware being LE, heavy weed usage does tend to make folks paranoid......:smoking:

Yup, and it also tends to destabilize psychosis......

Unfortunately, a lot of weed is laced these days before it gets to the end user, no telling what is in it.

lancesorbenson
06-19-2012, 22:23
Yup, and it also tends to destabilize psychosis......

Unfortunately, a lot of weed is laced these days before it gets to the end user, no telling what is in it.

Now I think you're on to something. I didn't think Republican primary voters were potheads but now I have my doubts. Laced marijuana induced psychosis may be the only plausible explanation for a Yankee progressive winning the "conservative" party's nomination.

certifiedfunds
06-19-2012, 22:26
edited

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 04:30
Now I think you're on to something. I didn't think Republican primary voters were potheads but now I have my doubts. Laced marijuana induced psychosis may be the only plausible explanation for a Yankee progressive winning the "conservative" party's nomination.

Actually, my theory is that the little blue states get to go first, along with MSM hype and "momentum", the current order the states have their primaries seems specifically designed to choose the most liberal candidate from both parties.

Solution?
1. Reverse the order
2. Single day nationwide primary
3. Let the 10 largest red states go first.