New Agent Crimson Trace Grips [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Agent Crimson Trace Grips

Shark1007
06-17-2012, 12:44
What says the group? Am thinking about one of these little guys for CCW. I'm most familiar with the 1911 compared to about anything. I handled one at LGS today with no laser, everything seemed great, the trench sights pointed naturally and the beavertail could have been a smidgen bigger, but liked the feel.

I like the laser these days, particularly the one you can turn on and off on the grip switch.

ca survivor
06-17-2012, 18:01
I like the simplicity of sights.

bac1023
06-17-2012, 21:58
I don't care for lasers at all.

Shark1007
06-18-2012, 03:27
What about the pistol? I've seen very good reviews, it feels good and balanced well. The laser can turn on and off.

I'd rather have it available(laser) and not need it than need it and not have it available. I have another 1911 with one and it's pretty cool. If I exercise reasonable trigger control, I can shoot pretty well without ever looking at sights.

Veedubklown
06-18-2012, 05:03
What about the pistol? I've seen very good reviews, it feels good and balanced well. The laser can turn on and off.

I'd rather have it available(laser) and not need it than need it and not have it available. I have another 1911 with one and it's pretty cool. If I exercise reasonable trigger control, I can shoot pretty well without ever looking at sights.

Looks like you've already talked yourself into it. Other than personal preference, there doesn't seem to be alot of negativity about the product itself, I'd say go for it, and report back! :supergrin::supergrin:

MoFormula
06-18-2012, 05:25
I started with a Defender and really liked the small frame 1911. I just like the ergonomics of the 1911. When the New Agent came out, I traded for one. It was smaller and snag-free without the sights. I shoot the trench sight reasonably well after just a few short practices mags. I have since added CT lasergrips as a backup sight device. It has improved the package even more. My last change will be a Fusion bobbed hammer and bob the grip safety to make the package as compact as possible (think bobbed snub-nose 38 revolver). I have never had any issue with either my Defender nor my New Agent. Would highly recommend!

HexHead
06-18-2012, 05:28
I had a New Agent and it's a great, reliable little pistol. Ate everything I fed it without issue. It was as reliable as a Gen3 Glock.

bac1023
06-18-2012, 05:42

I have heard good things. :)

Shark1007
06-18-2012, 22:25
Now the one that was in stock is gone, I waited too long!!

Keeping looking, however.

Shark1007
06-19-2012, 16:01
What, are you guys clairvoyant? I found one locally, bought it and started a new thread.

sgtlmj
07-23-2012, 15:24
Handy tip to those wanting to put CT grips on a New Agent: The N/A comes with the slim bushings, and they are red loctited. Use a #2 EZ-out and a little heat. You'll destroy the bushings, but this is the best way to ensure you won't harm the thin area of the aluminum frame in the process. Replace with standard bushings, loctite 242 (blue) and install the CT grips. QED.

The Colt N/A and CT grips are a match made in Heaven.